Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,535 members, 7,808,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:11 PM

APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) (65864 Views)

Opposition Parties Claim Majority In House Of Representatives, First Time Ever / Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly / APC Loses Majority In National Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by buhariguy(m): 7:38pm On Jul 24, 2018
OK
Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by CharleyBright(m): 7:39pm On Jul 24, 2018
potoX:
Ibo boy you will cry next year. You are a political novice

Me, IBO boy?
I am definitely not.
Am not even a boy to start with. I was most likely in the university when you were still playing naked in the streets and playing with sands.

And what has the truth I said got to do with IBO or any other tribe?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by SenatorCharles1: 7:40pm On Jul 24, 2018
I have checked that list over and over and could not find Saraki's name on it. Does it mean that APC has officially deleted Saraki's name from their list?

Please who else observed?

1 Like

Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by duality(m): 7:40pm On Jul 24, 2018
This man, still don't know APC were organically never in the majority.
Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by nanaski: 7:40pm On Jul 24, 2018
Did you call Joshua Dariye, is he not the one that was jailed recently for corruption ? So he leaves prison to attend plenary.

1 Like

Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by tonye33(m): 7:43pm On Jul 24, 2018
Why is Saraki's name not there? Or has he made his official?
Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by Alva2018: 7:44pm On Jul 24, 2018
Some will still move to PDP, the film never end
Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by Sirjamo: 7:45pm On Jul 24, 2018
CharleyBright:
Continue to deceive yourself.
APC is a sinking ship
What you don't know is that those planing the APC coup are strategists carefully masterminding the sinking of the APC ship.
Did You expected a Mass defection? That's not ideal.
Its going to be in batches.
There are still Saraki and his loyalists in APC who are still there on startegic purpose.
Politics is not a game for novice.
Saraki who has proven not to be a novice in the gameis still in control and strategically monitoring affairs right inside APC ship.

I pity Buhari and his mumu supporters on Nairaland and other social media.
Una go know how far when Tinubu too go jump ship.
Leave Asiwaju out of your fantasy, he can only defect in your dreams!

2 Likes

Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by Obaf1(m): 7:46pm On Jul 24, 2018
allanphash7:
Buhari no good, buhari this, buhari that

Who is better than him to be voted for come 2019?

Just don't know yet
U just need to ask amadihora that que?
Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jul 24, 2018
aminulive:
@POLITICSNGR

PoliticsNGR has learned that the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC is still in full control of the Senate as it outnumbers the Opposition Peoples Democratic Party with two Senators.

Senate leader, Ahmed Lawan revealed this at a press conference on Tuesday after a 2-hour intense meeting with the APC caucus in the Senate. Lawan said;

“You’ll recall that some members of our family, the APC family gave a list that they have decamped from the APC to the PDP and other parties, the ADC in particular. It is with a heavy heart that we have to watch our brothers and sisters in the APC caucus take the action they did.

“And we still are optimistic and confident that we will work with our leaders of the APC to bring back our colleagues who had gone.

“The essence of this press briefing is to let you know that even though some of our colleagues have left, the APC remains the majority party in the Senate in terms of numbers. Out of the 109 senators, APC has 52, the PDP has 50, ADC has three and APGA has two. And you’ll recall that we lost two of our colleagues. So we have two vacant seats and the total gives you 109.”

“I want to assure you that by the grace of God, INEC will conduct the by-elections, the APC will win because these are our safest seats.

“In addition, we are still expecting some of our colleagues in the original PDP who have expressed willingness to join the APC.

“For our colleagues that have left, we are still optimistic that many of them or all of them will have a change of heart.

“APC remains the majority party in the Senate. I will not be speaking for the House of Reps but I want to tell you too that APC remains 0the majority party too in the House of Reps.

“I want to use this opportunity to tell Nigerians that APC remains the majority and this majority will continue to support Mr. President to ensure that we fulfill our campaign promises. I have a list, we don’t do our things like others do, we back whatever we say with facts.”

Mr. Lawan brought out a list where he read the names of the 52 senators he claimed to be in APC.

They include; Adamu Aliero (Kebbi), Yahaya Abdullahi (Kebbi), Bala Ibn Na’Allah (Kebbi), Aliyu Wammako (Sokoto), Ibrahim Gobir (Sokoto), Ahmed Yerima (Zamfara), Kabir Marafa (Zamfara), Tijjani Kaura(Zamfara), Abu Ibrahim (Katsina), Umar Kurfi (Katsina), Kabir Gaya (Kano), Barau Jibrin (Kano), Abdullahi Gumel (Jigawa), Sabo Mohammed (Jigawa), Shehu Sani (Kaduna), Ahmed Lawan (Yobe), Bukar Abba Ibrahim (Yobe), Ali Ndume (Borno), Abu Kyari (Borno), Baba Kaka Garbai (Borno),

Sabi Abdullahi (Niger), David Umar (Niger), Mustapha Muhammed (Niger), Abdullahi Adamu (Nasarawa), George Akume (Benue), Joshua Dariye (Plateau), Francis Alimikhena (Edo), Andrew Uchendu (Rivers), Magnus Abe (Rivers), Ovie Omo-Agege (Delta), John Enoh (Cross River), Nelson Effiong (Akwa Ibom), Andy Uba (Anambra), Sonni Ogbuoji (Ebonyi), Hope Uzodinma (Imo), Ben Uwajimogu (Imo), Danjuma Goje (Gombe), Binta Masi Garba (Adamawa), Ahmed Abubakar (Adamawa), Yusuf A. Yusuf (Taraba).

Oluremi Tinubu (Lagos), Gbenga Ashafa (Lagos), Solomon Adeola (Lagos), Tayo Alasoadura (Ondo), Gbolahan Dada (Ogun), Soji Akanbi (Oyo), Ajayi Boroffice (Ondo), Yele Omogunwa (Ondo), Abdulfatai Buhari (Oyo), Babajide Omoworare (Osun), Sola Adeyeye (Osun), Fatimat Raji-Rasaki (Ekiti).

Lawan said the number of PDP senators could even be less than 50 as the party expelled one of its senators recently.

https://politicsngr.com/just-apc-still-majority-senate-full-list-senators/

from the map seen on the politics today on channelstv this evening pdp has the majority members in the house at the moment, contrary to what the majority leader is saying . Na wah ooh
Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by Bamidele7603: 7:50pm On Jul 24, 2018
CharleyBright:
APC is a sinking ship
What you don't know is that those planing the APC coup are strategists carefully masterminding the sinking of the APC ship.
There are still Saraki and his loyalists in APC who are still there on startegic purpose.
Saraki who has proven not to be a novice in the gameis still in control and strategically monitoring affairs right inside APC ship.

By the way, I made FTC. What is my price?
Seun, quick come o. Today is Defection day, you better come and settle me before I decamp to another Forum.
that is where u get it wrong by mentioning tinibu will jump ship?.. Hahahaha. All can go but tinubu will never

1 Like

Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by binaws(m): 7:50pm On Jul 24, 2018
HMM THANK GOD YAM EATERS HAVE LEFT OUR PARTY �. LET US WAIT AND SEE IF THEY CAN DEFEAT BABA. PEOPLE THAT THEY CANNOT EVEN PASS MAGU SCREENING DUE TO THERE CORRUPTION. SAI BABA.

1 Like

Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by klax(m): 7:50pm On Jul 24, 2018
Be deceiving yourself this was how pdp was claiming majority till they all left one by one t
and no one to turn to.

Instead for you bollock to talk sense to Buhari you are given list, very daft people. More defection is loading apc ain't seen anything yet.

2 Likes

Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by lazynairalander1: 7:51pm On Jul 24, 2018
it's okay.

check my SIGNATURE
Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by Chigeorge2015(m): 7:51pm On Jul 24, 2018
Continue to condole yourself
Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by CharleyBright(m): 7:52pm On Jul 24, 2018
Sirjamo:
Leave Asiwaju out of your fantasy, he can only defect in your dreams!

This one is a Learner. What do you know?
Politics is a game of Personal interests.
The very day that Tinubu is convinced that his interests are not protected with Buhari, that will be the day he start planning his exit.
Tinubu and Buhari na Twins? Or them come from same village that he will stick with Buhari forever?

2 Likes

Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by NemzySeries(m): 7:55pm On Jul 24, 2018
life2017:

He listed their names. Are so much against fact and figures? What a sentimental human being with no love for fact?
lol...... u must b new in Nigeria
Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by CharleyBright(m): 7:55pm On Jul 24, 2018
Bamidele7603:
that is where u get it wrong by mentioning tinibu will jump ship?.. Hahahaha. All can go but tinubu will never

As in Tinubu is stuck with Buhari forever like co joined twins?
Well done.
Leave Politicians.
Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by Bianda24: 7:55pm On Jul 24, 2018
Who cares!!!
Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by ORIENTATION101: 7:56pm On Jul 24, 2018
CharleyBright:

This one is a Learner. What do you know?
Politics is a game of Personal interests.
The very day that Tinubu is convinced that his interests are not protected with Buhari, that will be the day he start planning his exit.
Tinubu and Buhari na Twins? Or them come from same village that he will stick with Buhari forever?
stop constituing nuisance everywhere with your beer palour permutations.
Leave tinubu out of your foolishness

1 Like

Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by IslamicRebel: 7:56pm On Jul 24, 2018
Lis of terrorists and their few Christian bastards.
Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by walade(m): 7:57pm On Jul 24, 2018
sykeng:
APC Is PDP vis-à-vis, they defected because of their personal interest/gains, not because of the poor masses interest, those reverencing these looters (I mean all Nigeria politicians are looters) I shame for you all. If them like let them roast buhari's balls and feed it to the dogs or throw saraki in the lions den, non is my fucking biz. we have been experiencing many ills in this country, like extortion from SARS, manhandling of civilians by soldiers, extortion of all kinds from our Government but d top politicians would keep mute as if its happening to a non living thing, they even prefer to keep their dogs alive than to see us live, while a minute fracas between them we go carry for head like GALA

Wonderful piece

1 Like

Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by raphaeladeyele: 7:57pm On Jul 24, 2018
Truth is constant
Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by Jaydee4u: 7:58pm On Jul 24, 2018
countryfive:
We can see the pain clearly written all over their faces 2019 elections will be different from 2015

2015 was se and ss against the rest of the country
But 2019 will be se + ss + middle belt + ne and about 40% of Christians and south easterners
(Developers) living in the southwest

Its won't be Christian vs Muslim
But Muslim vs Muslim , northerner vs northerner
That's why I pity people who brag and say buhari
And tinubu alone will crush PDP

Buhari has lost Benue , taraba, jos , kwara and even southern Kaduna, Adamawa and sotoko
Will vote for atiku because he is their person
Dino will definitely deliver most part of kogi
With over 90% votes from IMO, anambra, ebonyi,
Enugu, abia, calabar, delta, bayelsa , akwaibom ,
Rivers state ,

Facts! Facts!! Facts!!!... 1 crate of champagne for you!
Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by ORIENTATION101: 8:00pm On Jul 24, 2018
kimbraa:
You'll know how far when Saraki finally defects with his loyalists who're yet to. grin
list the names of saraki loyalist remaining.
Olodo saraki was not even listed among remaining apc senators names up there meaning he his no longer in the party.
Next time you read and comprehend before talking like a dunce

1 Like

Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by CharleyBright(m): 8:00pm On Jul 24, 2018
ORIENTATION101:
stop constituing nuisance everywhere with your beer palour permutations.
Leave tinubu out of your foolishness

How e come take pain you like that? shocked

OK sorry, no vex.
Tinubu won't decamp. Even Dino and Kwankwaso have changed their minds on decamping.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by Toscarel: 8:01pm On Jul 24, 2018
big lie, APC cry baby cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by PHILipu1(m): 8:02pm On Jul 24, 2018
Alva2018:
Some will still move to PDP, the film never end
And some will still move to APC soon.
A coin has two side

1 Like

Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by Owaincouncil: 8:02pm On Jul 24, 2018
Technically, its like APC has even removed Saraki from their membership as his name does not even appear in the list of APC member at the senate.

1 Like

Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by cytell56: 8:03pm On Jul 24, 2018
CharleyBright:
APC is a sinking ship

By the way, I made FTC. What is my price?
Seun, quick come o. Today is Defection day, you better come and settle me before I decamp to another Forum.

Don't mind them, dey forgot to include Saraki himself

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fayose: Zenith Bank Officials Kneeling To Beg / Drone Video Of Peter Obi's Presidential Campaign Rally In Lagos / If They Disturb Me In Daura, I Will Leave For Niger Republic – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.