Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,600 members, 7,801,731 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:20 PM

God Does Not Need Us; We Need Him - How Come He Created Us? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Does Not Need Us; We Need Him - How Come He Created Us? (2868 Views)

5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets / Is Gods Big Picture For This World He Created, To Rapture Man To Heaven? / Where Was God Living Before He Created Heaven?i Just Want To Be Englightened. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Does Not Need Us; We Need Him - How Come He Created Us? by sarmy(m): 8:31am On Jun 16, 2010
How true this is that God does not need us but we need, I have the following questions if anyone can help out:-

1. If God has not made us, what would have happened to us?

2. A man not created; can he be missing something he’s not aware of?

3. If we were not created, someone would say we would have missed all the beautiful things of this world, but what about those that died in war, famine, or killed by enemies etc. What kind of enjoyment or pleasure did they derived by coming into this world

4. If we were created out of love, then it should not matter what we do, because we did not asked to be created in the first place

5. Every product is as a result of a need or a purpose and to benefit the maker, if God made us, we are his product and should accept full responsibility for our existence unless we both exist together as one and only God in different manifestations so we both share the responsibility

Please I need your inputs
Re: God Does Not Need Us; We Need Him - How Come He Created Us? by Jenwitemi(m): 10:02am On Jun 16, 2010
sarmy:

How true this is that God does not need us but we need, I have the following questions if anyone can help out:-

1. If God has not made us, what would have happened to us?

2. A man not created; can he be missing something he’s not aware of?

3. If we were not created, someone would say we would have missed all the beautiful things of this world, but what about those that died in war, famine, or killed by enemies etc. What kind of enjoyment or pleasure did they derived by coming into this world

4. If we were created out of love, then it should not matter what we do, because we did not asked to be created in the first place

5. Every product is as a result of a need or a purpose and to benefit the maker, if God made us, we are his product and should accept full responsibility for our existence unless we both exist together as one and only God in different manifestations so we both share the responsibility

Please I need your inputs

My own answers to the questions;
1)If God had not made us, we would not have existed to be driving ourselves nuts with all these unproven mythological crap that go with religions, and not be beaten ourselves in the head with books arguing back and forth on whose idea of God is right or wrong.

2)No, man can't miss anything when man does not exist.

3)If we had not been created, there would have been no "someone" talking about what was missed. There would have been nobody to have died in wars, no famine to experience, nor would there have been enemies to have been killed by. There would have been nothing.

4)I am quite with you on that one.

5)You just spoke my language, right there.

My input is very clear on this one. We were created by the creator because the creator God needed to create us. Without God, there is no us, and without us there is no God to talk about.  The creator and the created are one inseparable unit in an eternal dance of creation. They both create each other, thus they need each other for existence.
Re: God Does Not Need Us; We Need Him - How Come He Created Us? by DeepSight(m): 10:35am On Jun 16, 2010
Jenwitemi's illogical fantasies again?

Maybe we can resolve it this way for you: if God did not create anything: then God would not be a creator. In other words he would not be referred to as a creator. Indeed there would be nothing and nobody to refer to him as such. Thus the act of creating is what makes him a creator. It is not what makes him EXIST ab-initio.

The fact of God's being a creator is ALTOGETHER different from HIS EXISTENCE - his existence NOT contingent on whether he creates anything or not.

So for example if YOU create works of art you are an artist. This does not mean that if you do not create works of art then you do not exist. That would be a ludicruous line of thinking. Its that simple.
Re: God Does Not Need Us; We Need Him - How Come He Created Us? by sarmy(m): 10:37am On Jun 16, 2010
Jenwitemi:

My own answers to the questions;
1)If God had not made us, we would not have existed to be driving ourselves nuts with all these unproven mythological crap that go with religions, and not be beaten ourselves in the head with books arguing back and forth on whose idea of God is right or wrong.

2)No, man can't miss anything when man does not exist.

3)If we had not been created, there would have been no "someone" talking about what was missed. There would have been nobody to have died in wars, no famine to experience, nor would there have been enemies to have been killed by. There would have been nothing.

4)I am quite with you on that one.

5)You just spoke my language, right there.

My input is very clear on this one. We were created by the creator because the creator God needed to create us. Without God, there is no us, and without us there is no God to talk about.  The creator and the created are one inseparable unit in an eternal dance of creation. T[b]hey both create each other[/b], thus they need each other for existence.

If the creator actually needed to create us and He made us, therefore we could not have created him as he would have been existing before creating us, so it's either He created us or we both exist together as one from the start.

But to say that both the creator and the created are inseparable, can you expand this a little more, that seems to be the main problem regarding our existence here on earth, could this mean that "I and my father are one" is applicable to all men as in our relationship with God.

Lack of understanding of our real identify seems to be the root cause of all problems,
Re: God Does Not Need Us; We Need Him - How Come He Created Us? by sarmy(m): 10:49am On Jun 16, 2010
Deep Sight:

Maybe we can resolve it this way for you: if God did not create anything: then God would not be a creator. In order words he would not be referred to as a creator. Indeed there would be nothing and nobody to refer to him as such. Thus the act of creating is what makes him a creator.

This is ALTOGETHER different from HIS EXISTENCE - THAT IS NOT contingent on whether he creates anything or not.

Hi Deep Sight, do you think He created us because He needed us and we needed not to have been created but he chose to and should solely responsible for all things or we both exists together as one and therefore co-responsible
Re: God Does Not Need Us; We Need Him - How Come He Created Us? by DeepSight(m): 1:24pm On Jun 16, 2010
@ Sarmy -

I can't start this all over again. Jenwitemi's serial delusions have already been duscussed in-toto here -

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-459287.0.html
Re: God Does Not Need Us; We Need Him - How Come He Created Us? by Jenwitemi(m): 1:27pm On Jun 16, 2010
sarmy:

If the creator actually needed to create us and He made us, therefore we could not have created him as he would have been existing before creating us, so it's either He created us or we both exist together as one from the start.
That is the truth. There is only one of us here. There is only one entity here. The rest of us are just mere temporal expressions of that one single entity that is God. For example, there are estimated 6 billion plus humans on the face of the planet. That makes 6 billion plus temporal expressions of one God. If 10 persons are sitting in a room looking at each other, that means the one creator God looking at itself through 10 pairs of eyes. Think of the ocean and the billions of wave crests on it. God is the ocean and each one of us represent each wave crest. Where does the ocean ends and the wave crests begin? The ocean is in the crests and the crests are in the ocean.

sarmy:

But to say that both the creator and the created are inseparable, can you expand this a little more, that seems to be the main problem regarding our existence here on earth,
See my post above.

sarmy:

could this mean that "I and my father are one" is applicable to all men as in our relationship with God.
EXACTAMENTE! That is just it. Not only to all humans, but to all living things. That is the height of humility, is it not?

sarmy:

Lack of understanding of our real identity seems to be the root cause of all problems,
That's the core of our problem, sarmy. You know the ancient phrase, "KNOW THYSELF". That we do not know who we are is the true FALL of man.
Re: God Does Not Need Us; We Need Him - How Come He Created Us? by Jenwitemi(m): 1:30pm On Jun 16, 2010
Deep Sight:

@ Sarmy -

I can't start this all over again. Jenwitemi's serial delusions have already been duscussed in-toto here -

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-459287.0.html
We are all in an illusion, bro. Your own concept of God is no less a delusion than my own.
Re: God Does Not Need Us; We Need Him - How Come He Created Us? by searchcorp(m): 1:41pm On Jun 16, 2010
GOD needs us to shows his workings, God created us out of love, to see himself amongst men, doing wonderful stuffs., he created us to fellowship with us, who are we that he is mindful of,

GOD needs us, for we carry in us the evidence that God exists,
Re: God Does Not Need Us; We Need Him - How Come He Created Us? by InesQor(m): 2:21pm On Jun 16, 2010
Deep Sight:

Maybe we can resolve it this way for you: if God did not create anything: then God would not be a creator. In other words he would not be referred to as a creator. Indeed there would be nothing and nobody to refer to him as such. Thus the act of creating is what makes him a creator. It is not what makes him EXIST ab-initio.

The fact of God's being a creator is ALTOGETHER different from HIS EXISTENCE - his existence NOT contingent on whether he creates anything or not.

So for example if YOU create works of art you are an artist. This does not mean that if you do not create works of art then you do not exist. That would be a ludicruous line of thinking. Its that simple.

This is just brilliant!
Re: God Does Not Need Us; We Need Him - How Come He Created Us? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 2:32pm On Jun 16, 2010
to think he is also responsible for this intricately wound thread of insanity we all exhibit every now and then, fascinating grin
Re: God Does Not Need Us; We Need Him - How Come He Created Us? by Jenwitemi(m): 4:20pm On Jun 16, 2010
InesQor:

This is just brilliant!
What is so brilliant about that? I ask whether God can be proven to exist without us sentient beings there to help substantiate God's own existence. Without us sentients, God can neither be known, nor be proven to exist, simply because there will be no sentient around to either know, or prove it's existence. Full stop.
Re: God Does Not Need Us; We Need Him - How Come He Created Us? by Jenwitemi(m): 4:27pm On Jun 16, 2010
searchcorp:

GOD needs us to shows his workings,  God created us out of love, to see himself amongst men, doing wonderful stuffs., he created us to fellowship with us, who are we that he is mindful of,
Who are we that God should be mindful, you ask? You have already answered that question yourself, but i will add a little more.

Because we are a very crucial functioning parts/expressions of God serving the function that you yourself already mentioned in your post. We are vastly important to God because we are IT, as well as it is US. Through us, God can be.

searchcorp:

GOD needs us, for we carry in us the evidence that God exists,
Exactly!
Re: God Does Not Need Us; We Need Him - How Come He Created Us? by sarmy(m): 4:31pm On Jun 16, 2010
Jenwitemi:

What is so brilliant about that? I ask whether God can be proven to exist without us sentient beings there to help substantiate God's own existence. Without us sentients, God can neither be known, nor proven to exist, simply because there will be nobody to either know, or prove it's existence. Full stop.

It seems people will find it difficult to comprehend this idea of a creator who even though has created other creations but will not be a creator until aknowledge, that may be difficult to understand

I think if you are talking from the perspective of us in the physical plane, if we all believe there is no God then there will be no God to us even though He exist in another dimention
I think thats the gist.
Re: God Does Not Need Us; We Need Him - How Come He Created Us? by Jenwitemi(m): 4:38pm On Jun 16, 2010
Deep Sight:

We've been through all this already, so no need to start repeating oneself like a broken record. I have properly explained in the other thread what my stand is. Besides, in that thread the deity being referred to was the biblical jewish deity, because if i remembered well, i used "HE" in my opening post of that thread, indicating clearly which deity i was referring to. While i don't subscribe to this deity being the true creator God, neither can shallow sight tell me now that he shares the same view as christians that the bible god is the true god, or else he wouldn't be a deist that he claims himself to be.
Re: God Does Not Need Us; We Need Him - How Come He Created Us? by Jenwitemi(m): 4:42pm On Jun 16, 2010
sarmy:

It seems people will find it difficult to comprehend this idea of a creator who even though has created other creations but will not be a creator until aknowledge, that may be difficult to understand

I think  if you are talking from the perspective of us in the physical plane, if we all believe there is no God then there will be no God to us even though He exist in another dimention
I think thats the gist.

Exactly! Since we live on this plane of existence, here is where it counts, to us. You seem to show deeper contemplative ability than shallow sight , sarmy. Good on you. smiley
Re: God Does Not Need Us; We Need Him - How Come He Created Us? by searchcorp(m): 10:45am On Jun 24, 2010
Jenwitemi:

Who are we that God should be mindful, you ask? You have already answered that question yourself, but i will add a little more.

Because we are a very crucial functioning parts/expressions of God serving the function that you yourself already mentioned in your post. We are vastly important to God because we are IT, as well as it is US. Through us, God can be.
Exactly!

it appears u re the only person on nairaland that knows about GOD!
Re: God Does Not Need Us; We Need Him - How Come He Created Us? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:51am On Jun 24, 2010
guys, why make God an overly complex cosmic entity just because we cannot figure out why he has a mole on his nose, It becomes a divine mystery only to be believed without question.
Re: God Does Not Need Us; We Need Him - How Come He Created Us? by Jenwitemi(m): 1:18pm On Jun 24, 2010
searchcorp:

it appears u re the only person on nairaland that knows about GOD!
Everybody know about "their" God, and i know mine. Get it? grin
Re: God Does Not Need Us; We Need Him - How Come He Created Us? by sarmy(m): 8:48am On Jun 25, 2010
Jenwitemi:

Exactly! Since we live on this plane of existence, here is where it counts, to us. . smiley

Seems like a relationaship thing, creator and his creations just thesame way a husband can not be a husband until there is a wife to call him one even though he has the ability.

Like you said this is where it counts, over there is could be a different game entirely
Re: God Does Not Need Us; We Need Him - How Come He Created Us? by DeepSight(m): 12:45pm On Jun 25, 2010
Dear Sarmy, I do not know whether you and Mr. Jenwitemi are on the same page.

If i do not marry a woman, i am not a husband.

That does not mean that if i do not marry a woman then i do not exist.

Two different things. I sense you recognise this simple distinction, but Mr. Jenwitemi simply doesn't get it.

I had tried to explain it earlier -

Deep Sight:

Re: God Does Not Need Us; We Need Him - How Come He Created Us? by sarmy(m): 12:58pm On Jun 25, 2010
Deep Sight:

Dear Sarmy, I do not know whether you and Mr. Jenwitemi are on the same page.

If i do not marry a woman, i am not a husband.

That does not mean that if i do not marry a woman then i do not exist.

Two different things. I sense you recognise this simple distinction, but Mr. Jenwitemi simply doesn't get it.

I had tried to explain it earlier -

I do get your point, I think what he's trying to explain is that for example, if a man is yet to marry a woman, though he's a man but he's yet to assume the title of a husband, so the man marries the woman and the marriage makes him a husband.

Likewise, a creator without a creation can exist as a different [b]personality [/b]but not as a creator, just like a man who is yet to get a woman can not be reffered to as a husband, that's why Jenwitemi said both the creator and the creation created each other like man and woman both made themselves husband and wife.

This is what I think he meant.

Not that God does not exist without His creation but that He can not be referred to as such without His concious creation
Re: God Does Not Need Us; We Need Him - How Come He Created Us? by DeepSight(m): 1:16pm On Jun 25, 2010
Not that God does not exist without His creation but that He can not be referred to as such CREATOR without His concious creation

Inserted in red above: is an adjustment i believe reflects more correctly the truth.
Re: God Does Not Need Us; We Need Him - How Come He Created Us? by Jenwitemi(m): 1:19pm On Jun 25, 2010
sarmy:

I do get your point, I think what he's trying to explain is that for example, if a man is yet to marry a woman, though he's a man but he's yet to assume the title of a husband, so the man marries the woman and the marriage makes him a husband.

Likewise, a creator without a creation can exist as a different [b]personality [/b]but not as a creator, just like a man who is yet to get a woman can not be reffered to as a husband, that's why Jenwitemi said both the creator and the creation created each other like man and woman both made themselves husband and wife.

This is what I think he meant.

Not that God does not exist without His creation but that He can not be referred to as such without His concious creation

sarmy:

Seems like a relationaship thing, creator and his creations just thesame way a husband can not be a husband until there is a wife to call him one even though he has the ability.

Like you said this is where it counts, over there is could be a different game entirely

Sarmy is very perceptive. smiley
Re: God Does Not Need Us; We Need Him - How Come He Created Us? by DeepSight(m): 1:26pm On Jun 25, 2010
Mr. Jenwitemi got it wrong because he expressly and repeatedly stated that without the recognition of God by created beings, then God does not exist. That is wrong because -

1.If the creator DID create the created: that would remain true REGARDLESS of whether the created beings know of or recognise their creator. For crying out loud, this is so bleeding obvious as it is the case with animals - they do not regognise the concept of a transcendental creator, do they? Now would this in any way vitiate the creator's existence? It would not. So why would the non-recognition of the creator by sentient beings vitiate the creator's existence? Recall that Mr. Jenwitemi was so intrepid as to make the frankly comical assertion that the Solar System did not exist until humans began to observe it. Justify that.

2. Being a creator is differnet from existing as a deity or spirit being. Just as surely as being a husband is different from existing as a man. I am not married: and yet i exist, do i not? ? ?
Re: God Does Not Need Us; We Need Him - How Come He Created Us? by DeepSight(m): 1:35pm On Jun 25, 2010
Jenwitemi:

Sarmy is very perceptive. smiley

Please do not attempt tpo hide behind the perceptiveness of Sarmy. Fact is that NOWHERE has Sarmy stated that God would not exist without created beings. NOWHERE. Similarly NOWHERE has Sarmy stated that the created create the creator. NOWHERE. Sarmy makes a careful and apt distinction - he understands that the title "creator" and the title "husband' - are titles that issue from an act of creating or an act of marriage. Such acts would not be possible if the Deity did not already exist to do the act, or the man already exist to enter into the marraige.

You are confused by very simple terminology.

Finally I am certain that Sarmy would not subscribe to the frankly illiterate view that planets in the solar system or the andromeda galaxy came into existence only when men invented telescopes.
Re: God Does Not Need Us; We Need Him - How Come He Created Us? by mnwankwo(m): 2:20pm On Jun 25, 2010
Deep Sight:

Inserted in red above: is an adjustment i believe reflects more correctly the truth.

Hi Deepsight and Sarmy. My view is that the above statements are not entirely correct. God is the creator, not because he created creations but because the living ability to create is in God. Whether or not, this ability to create is expressed (creations) or unexpressed (no creations) have no bearing to the ability to create. The ability to create is not the same thing with the expression of the creative ability that is in God. Thus God is the creator whether or not he expresses his creative ability. Since the creative ability is in God, it is also irrelevant whether his creatures percieves his existence or not. A crude analogy may suffice. Daylight did not exist because the eyes and the visual cortex can percieve it rather it exists because of the sun and its effect on the blue planet. Thus if one suddenly regains his sight and sees daylight for the first time, it does not mean that there was no daylight all the time that he is blind. Similarly if one is to go blind and cannot percieve daylight, then daylight did not cease on the day he has gone blind. This claim that all are God and God is  all is wrong in my view. People are confusing the sun and its rays. I challenge anybody who says he is a God to give me a step by step insight/DESCRIPTION on the origin and evolution of our physical universe, not to mention, the spirtitual and the divine worlds. Stay blessed.
Re: God Does Not Need Us; We Need Him - How Come He Created Us? by Fhemmmy: 2:23pm On Jun 25, 2010
He could have created anything else to serve the purpose of us being in existence, So yes, we need Him
Re: God Does Not Need Us; We Need Him - How Come He Created Us? by DeepSight(m): 2:29pm On Jun 25, 2010
m_nwankwo:

Hi Deepsight and Sarmy. My view is that the above statements are not entirely correct. God is the creator, not because he created creations but because the living ability to create is in God. Whether or not, this ability to create is expressed (creations) or unexpressed (no creations) have no bearing to the ability to create. The ability to create is not the same thing with the expression of the creative ability that is in God. Thus God is the creator whether or not he expresses his creative ability. Since the creative ability is in God, it is also irrelevant whether his creatures percieves his existence or not. A crude analogy may suffice. Daylight did not exist because the eyes and the visual cortex can percieve it rather it exists because of the sun and its effect on the blue planet. Thus if one suddenly regains his sight and sees daylight for the first time, it does not mean that there was no daylight all the time that he is blind. Similarly if one is to go blind and cannot percieve daylight, then daylight did not cease on the day he has gone blind. This claim that all are God and God is  all is wrong in my view. People are confusing the sun and its rays. I challenge anybody who says he is a God to give me a step by step insight/DESCRIPTION on the origin and evolution of our physical universe, not to mention, the spirtitual and the divine worlds. Stay blessed.

Hi M_Nwankwo.

Would you describe a person who has the ability to paint but has never painted at all as an artist?

Would you describe me as an engineer merely because the ability to study and apply engineering resides in me?
Re: God Does Not Need Us; We Need Him - How Come He Created Us? by mnwankwo(m): 2:41pm On Jun 25, 2010
Deep Sight:

Hi M_Nwankwo.

Would you describe a person who has the ability to paint but has never painted at all as an artist?

Would you describe me as an engineer merely because the ability to study and apply engineering resides in me?

Hi Deepsight. Yes, what does the painting is the ability and not the expression of the ability. Thus one who has the abilty to paint or the ability to produce engineering works is an artist or an engineer. But even this remains a very crude analogy for in these earthly examples, the abilty was acquired or developed, presuppossing that at some time the one who is an artist today is not one several years ago. With respect to God, the ability has no beginning and no end for it is living in God. Stay blessed.
Re: God Does Not Need Us; We Need Him - How Come He Created Us? by DeepSight(m): 2:44pm On Jun 25, 2010
^^^ Brilliant as always. Accepted.
Re: God Does Not Need Us; We Need Him - How Come He Created Us? by mnwankwo(m): 2:47pm On Jun 25, 2010
Deep Sight:

^^^ Brilliant as always. Accepted.

Thanks for your kind words. Stay blessed.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can God Create A Rock That He Can Not Move? Debunking Omnipotence / Why Some Pastors Refuse To Have More Than One Branch - Freemanan / Ancient Maps Show Africa Many Times Larger Than It Is Made To Appear Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.