Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,667 members, 7,801,926 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:08 AM

Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? (35041 Views)

I Think I Am Loving My Male Best Friend / A Newly Married Lady With Her Male Best Friend / Guess What My Male Best Friends Got For Me Has My Birthday Gift!!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by Gabrie300(m): 11:06pm On Jul 24, 2018
Hello Guys my name is Gabriel Johnson, Am 31 years. I have been married to my wife whom is 29 years for the past 7 years.. We are blessed with two kids.

But the thing is that, I see her chats with a Guy she knew 2 years ago. My wife says the Guy is her best friend nothing else.

Though I have not seen anything related to sex or that, but I don't feel comfortable with her chatting with this Particular Guy all the time. She claims the guy is married and I am not interested to know. All I want is for my Wife to cut him off. She's married for Christ sake.

Please narialanders help me with advice.

Am already loosing it.

24 Likes

Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by Charlynega(m): 11:08pm On Jul 24, 2018
Gabrie300:
Hello Guys my name is Gabriel Johnson,Am 31 years.I have been married to my wife whom is 29 years for the past 7 years..We are blessed with two kids.
But the thing is that,I see her chats with a Guy she knew 2 years ago. she claims to be her best friend.Though I have not seen anything related to sex or that,but I don't feel comfortable with her chatting with the Guy all the time.She claims the guy is married and I am not interested to know.All I want us for my Wife to caught him off.She's married for Christ sake.. Please narialanders help me with advice.
Am already loosing it.

Watch her closely and if you find out anything suspicious, confront her. But if you don't, you can free her

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by kinibigdil: 11:08pm On Jul 24, 2018
No it is not normal

297 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by VictorRomanov: 11:09pm On Jul 24, 2018
That's emotional infidelity - the beginning of the actual infidelity.

547 Likes 37 Shares

Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by Gabrie300(m): 11:12pm On Jul 24, 2018
Charlynega:

Watch her closely and if you find out anything suspicious, confront her. But if you don't, you can free her
Thank you so much.I will

5 Likes

Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by Ab025(m): 11:12pm On Jul 24, 2018
I don't think it is bad for your wife to have a friend.

The only problem i have is her calling another man her bestfriend, you should be her bestfriend ......not another man.

Something is wrong somewhere....

600 Likes 44 Shares

Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by donstan18: 11:13pm On Jul 24, 2018
If you are not comfortable with it, tell her to cut off from the man. She will obey you if she's a respectful wife.

136 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by CrystalTiger(m): 11:15pm On Jul 24, 2018
Charlynega:

Free her?.I don't think its cool when people deliberately tempt themselves.. This thing called 'REGRET' is mostly innocent intention/action at its early stage..

A married woman has absolutely no business with a male bestir..SIMPLE AS ABC..

221 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jul 24, 2018
The thought of a married woman even having a "male best friend" please, what are they discussing that you and your wife can't flog out together?
The "best friend" too sef does not have sense. Chatting with a married woman comfortably

136 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by Tekzyflex(m): 11:30pm On Jul 24, 2018
It's simple just get hold of your wife's phone and delete is number and also block him on whatsapp and see your wife reaction.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by delugajackson: 12:11am On Jul 25, 2018
That's how it starts. From "best friend", he becomes a shoulder to cry on, and later, a díck to ride on. Marriage is only meant for two and no third party should be involved.

For the safety of your sanity, I suggest you inform her of how uncomfortable you feel about this development. You need to be firm and possessive at times. You are, and should remain her only best friend. No room for "external competitors."

277 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by kingxsamz(m): 12:15am On Jul 25, 2018
That guy is her ex... check her Facebook or Instagram, na there the real chat dey happen. no talk say I no tell u.

204 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:47am On Jul 25, 2018
Gabrie300:
Hello Guys my name is Gabriel Johnson,Am 31 years.I have been married to my wife whom is 29 years for the past 7 years..We are blessed with two kids.
But the thing is that,I see her chats with a Guy she knew 2 years ago. My wife says the Guy is her best friend nothing else.
Though I have not seen anything related to sex or that,but I don't feel comfortable with her chatting with this Particular Guy all the time.She claims the guy is married and I am not interested to know.All I want is for my Wife to cut him off.She's married for Christ sake.
Am already loosing it.

Its never a good idea for a wife to have male best friend, your wife doesnt respect or consider you feelings

would the best friend feel comfortable if his own wife had best male friend

If it was me i would ask the wife to phone the guy around midnight if he picks then i would ask him to speak to his wife or my wife would ask to speak to his own wife, the chances of him saying NO are high becoz he know morally the wife would ask what the lady wants from him

He will likely not even answer the call becoz he will be in trouble with his wife

This approach would be to show my wife, that the guy has no respect of our marriage but he has respect for his marriage, either by not answering the call or by not allowing either of us to talk to his wife means he knows his wife would be pissed and also know that he would disrespecting his own marriage

Any man who has to fear in being a besti to married wife means he has respect for that marriage or the woman husband, a reasonable married guy should generally feel for the other guy

If he doesnt its either he is already shagging the lady or waiting to shag her

108 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by LegendaryLover(m): 2:06am On Jul 25, 2018
bruh do the needful before some dude's 10inches be smashing ur wife...A DICK DON'T KNOW BESTFRIENDS

52 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by LegendaryLover(m): 2:07am On Jul 25, 2018
bruh do the needful before some dude's 10inches be smashing ur wife...A DICK DON'T KNOW BESTFRIENDS...lol

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by 2buffagain(m): 2:10am On Jul 25, 2018
Honestly, it is not.
Tell her to cut it out. If she insists, you too get a sexy curvy female "best friend".
NA she go use her own mind treat her own foolishness.

If u know Wetin all these unneccessary by-force "best friend" of opposite sex tinz don cause for marriages

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by Nobody: 2:11am On Jul 25, 2018
Men and insecurity ehn. Buh you can keep a sex mate o? God is watching you in HD. Smh

4 Likes

Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by 2buffagain(m): 2:15am On Jul 25, 2018
IntrovertedK:
Men and insecurity ehn. Buh you can keep a sex mate o? God is watching you in HD. Smh

It's not about insecurity, but about wisdom and RESPECT.
A married woman should see all roles of "male best friend" diminished, just like a married man should see all roles of "female best friend" diminished and reduced.

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by Nobody: 2:21am On Jul 25, 2018
2buffagain:

It's not about insecurity, but about wisdom.
A married woman should see all roles of "male best friend" diminished, just like a married man should see all roles of "female best friend" diminished and reduced.
Best friends are best friends irrespective of the gender. Some of them are not meant to be left alone and forgotten just because of marriage. Don't marry who you don't/can't trust. Some best friends are part of us and some of them are bigger than marriage. They are like our blood that we can do without. If you think i'm lying ask jada pinkett smith. She'd choose 2Pac over anyone in life even though they are 'just' best friends. I'm sure even will smith wouldn't have been able to separate them if 2pac should still be alive. Best friends are great gift. Sometimes we need them more than our family cuz most of them are more than that.

The only thing the woman is to do is to try her best to give the husband the reason to trust her. You lots should stop being insecure.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by MissRaine69(f): 3:11am On Jul 25, 2018
I am 100% certain the “best friends” wife does not know about their “friendship”. Do you know the name of his wife? If not how come the pair of you have not been introduced . See true friends are not hidden in the shadows and it’s not about insecurities it’s about boundaries and respect.

101 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by Ifakiland(m): 3:50am On Jul 25, 2018
Gabrie300:
But the thing is that,I see her chats with a Guy she knew 2 years ago. My wife says the Guy is her best friend nothing else.
Though I have not seen anything related to sex or that,but I don't feel comfortable with her chatting with this Particular Guy all the time.She claims the guy is married and I am not interested to know.All I want is for my Wife to cut him off.She's married for Christ sake.
Am already loosing it.
the last married woman I was screwing also called me a male bestie to her hubby

11 Likes

Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by mibrims: 3:54am On Jul 25, 2018
Gabrie300:
Am already loosing it.
you have been married for 7rs and ur wife has a Besti of 2yrs old?...pls don’t be a weaklin, if the said bestie was older dan ur marriage then it’s worth letting dem be buh..:: pls if ur story is true!! Be a man and confront ur wife or is she the bread winner?

50 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by ZIMDRILL(m): 4:19am On Jul 25, 2018
IntrovertedK:
Best friends are best friends irrespective of the gender. Some of them are not meant to be left alone and forgotten just because of marriage. Don't marry who you don't/can't trust. Some best friends are part of us and some of them are bigger than marriage. They are like our blood that we can do without. If you think i'm lying ask jada pinkett smith. She'd choose 2Pac over anyone in life even though they are 'just' best friends. I'm sure even will smith wouldn't have been able to separate them if 2pac should still be alive. Best friends are great gift. Sometimes we need them more than our family cuz most of them are more than that.

The only thing the woman is to do is to try her best to give the husband the reason to trust her. You lots should stop being insecure.

It doesnt work to married people, let me ask you has your mum ever had bestie male friend that your father knew of? , Back to the guy’s story if the person is true bestie why he hasnt introduced his own wife to this bestie married woman?

If he had then this guy would have talked to the guy’s wife 1st before coming to this forum

As for jada pinketts dont aways believe hollywood stories, tupac & jada were young around 25 when they dated, there were not bestie to the point of one being married in both of their lifes tupac, so the bestie friendship was never tested becoz tupac died before got married to smith

Though they dated i think jada also took advantage of being one the women who dated tupac, the more she talked about them especially around time to release tupac movie, the more the chance of making money as tv stations would want interviews and she gets paid

In the west you get paid for interviews if you s story tell about someone famous

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by 912(m): 4:32am On Jul 25, 2018
Gabrie300:
Am already loosing it.

Sorry to say dude but there is nothing like best friend when it comes to a guy and a chic. It's just another name for friends with benefits. I'm not saying your wife is having an affair but the truth is that she is on the highway that leads to affair. How soon it happens depends on the level of "chat" crush she and her best friend boy friend are right now

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by phemmyfour: 6:35am On Jul 25, 2018
Gabrie300:
Am already loosing it.
You are suppose to be her bestFriend. Let her know that you are not comfortable with that guy. Otherwise, introduce your girl best friend to her. It becomes interesting when 2 can play the game

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by Mankosi: 6:43am On Jul 25, 2018
SHE'S cheating. It's not normal.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by Jokerman(m): 6:52am On Jul 25, 2018
Best friends with a man ok o..... grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by emekachimek: 7:15am On Jul 25, 2018
A na-esi n'izuta utaba, banye time ahia.
Were ire gi guo eze gi onu

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by boss1310(m): 7:23am On Jul 25, 2018
my guy no married person will advise you to let your wife have a male friend,will a wife allow the husband have a female friend.
oga you should be your wife only male friend

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by lilmax(m): 7:42am On Jul 25, 2018
oga use your sense

best friend doesn't start after 2 years

your wife is still a kid and very vulnerable, no need to bring it up, just bring a woman into the picture as your best friend grin

a mature woman who doesn't know how to navigate herself by herself irritates me

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by mimimile93: 7:57am On Jul 25, 2018
Gabrie300:
Am already loosing it.

If u don't cut that connect now before Oct you will come here to create a thread on HELP! I CAUGHT MY WIFE HAVING SEX WITH HER BESTIE IN OUR HOUSE

better safe than sorry.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Normal For My Wife To Have A Male Best Friend? by CAPSLOCKED: 8:02am On Jul 25, 2018

YOU'RE NOT YOUR WIFE'S BEST FRIEND.
ANOTHER FEMALE IS NOT HER BEST FRIEND, BUT INSTEAD A MAN SHE MET 2 YEARS AGO. grin HAHAHAHA. I'M READY TO READ YOUR NEXT THREAD ABOUT WANTING A DIVORCE BECAUSE YOU CAUGHT HER AND "HER BESTIE" DOING WHAT OPPOSITE SEX BESTIES DO. cheesy

27 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Top 8 Lies Told By Ladies Of Nowadays / 5 Bad Habits Nigeria Ladies Find Hard To Leave / What Is The Height Of A Tall Man?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.