Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,901 members, 7,802,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:21 AM

Class Disciplinary Measures (contd) With Abigail Adetokunbo - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Class Disciplinary Measures (contd) With Abigail Adetokunbo (261 Views)

Disciplinary Measures: To Cane Or Not To Cane / Miss Baby's Classroom With Abigail Adetokunbo / Tales Of Abigail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Class Disciplinary Measures (contd) With Abigail Adetokunbo by SynCityNg: 2:34pm On Jul 25, 2018
Classroom Disciplinary Measures (contd)

I talked about using the first few weeks to get to know each child in my class.

The second step is to let them set the rules. Children hardly break rules they set and even remind each other when one attempts to err.

Conversations like this happens:

“If you do not turn in your assignment at the right time because you chose to play or not ask for help when you need it, what happens?”

You begin to hear suggestions like, “flog us”, “the person won’t go for break”, “No play time”, “no visit to the library”, etc.

The dicey thing about these suggestions is that each child is saying what they love to do and wouldn’t love to be denied so I pick the common one. Yes I know I’m ‘wickedt’ like that! *inserts naughty cackle*... http://syncityng.com/2018/07/25/miss-abbys-classroom-with-abigail-adetokunbo-3/

(1) (Reply)

GODMAN QUOTES 6 (How To Progress) / "Nobody Owes Anybody Anything Because We Are All In For The Craft"- T.J Dan / Poetry: When You Do Not Hear From Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.