Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,047 members, 7,807,150 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:19 AM

Int’l Community, Others Watching Developments In Edo – NTA DG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Int’l Community, Others Watching Developments In Edo – NTA DG (321 Views)

Dalung Dumps APC: Developments In Your Party Conflicts With My Core Principles / Updates On Developments In Kaduna State (Photos) / Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Int’l Community, Others Watching Developments In Edo – NTA DG by Suniyamu: 7:58pm On Jul 25, 2018
…as Obaseki mulls technical partnership with NTA on EBS revamp

The Director General of the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA), Yakubu Mohammed, has commended the development initiatives of the Governor Godwin Obaseki-led administration in various sectors of Edo State.

Mohammed gave the commendation during a courtesy visit to the governor at the Government House in Benin City, the state capital.

The NTA boss who led management staff of the Benin Network Centre on the visit, said feedback from the station’s global audience showed that the developmental strides of the governor are being watched closely, through the NTA, by Nigerians and the international community.

Assuring the governor of the media organisation’s support, Mohammed said: “We remain committed to your cause and that of Edo people. We will continue to support you as you continue to impact positively on the lives of the citizens of the state.”

He recalled what he described as memorable experience and the hospitality of Edo people, which he enjoyed while working in the state as the Zonal Director of the Benin Center between 2008 and 2009.

In his remark, Governor Obaseki lauded the role of the NTA in mobilising Nigerians towards nation building and said that its zonal office in Benin City, was one of the first zonal offices established in the country with considerable broadcast experience.

“I want to thank NTA for being the only voice through which the people across the nation heard me during my electioneering campaign for the governorship position in the state.

“We will continue to support you, work and collaborate with you to give us technical support as we revamp our own radio and television stations. We need our own stations to tell our story,” the governor said.

On governance, he maintained that, “My position as a governor is to elevate our political experience and build on the foundation laid by my predecessor to ensure even development across the state and create the enabling environment for businesses to thrive.”

Photo 1:
R-L: Edo State Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki; Director General, Nigerian Television Authority (NTA), Yakubu Mohammed; Zonal Director, NTA Benin Network Centre, Pauline Igbanor; and the Deputy Director, Marketing, Olaide Ajala; during a courtesy visit to the Governor, at Government House, Benin City, Edo State.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Int’l Community, Others Watching Developments In Edo – NTA DG by Suniyamu: 7:59pm On Jul 25, 2018

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Blasts Assistant Commissioner Of Police For Asking 180million Tweets / Benue House of Assembly members scale fence to enter their office. / Otedola Bridge Fire: Police Arrest Truck Owner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.