Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,047 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:44 AM

Obasanjo Names Salisu Buhari, Tinubu And Atiku As Leaders Who Failed Nigeria - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Names Salisu Buhari, Tinubu And Atiku As Leaders Who Failed Nigeria (47457 Views)

Supreme Court: Remove Tinubu Or Reinstate Salisu Buhari & David Lyon / Aminu Salisu: Buhari’s Outrider Dies In Road Accident Involving Kogi Governor / Buhari Has Failed Nigeria – Northern Elders Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Names Salisu Buhari, Tinubu And Atiku As Leaders Who Failed Nigeria by wyqay: 10:28pm On Jul 25, 2018
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Obasanjo Names Salisu Buhari, Tinubu And Atiku As Leaders Who Failed Nigeria by mt77: 10:34pm On Jul 25, 2018
Re: Obasanjo Names Salisu Buhari, Tinubu And Atiku As Leaders Who Failed Nigeria by omoranmilowo: 10:46pm On Jul 25, 2018
AtikuNetwork:
Why is Obasanjo always so self-righteous and hypocritical? Nobody else has failed more than him to reposition this country for greatness, having had the rare privilege to serve longer than any other leader as president of the country. Atiku made a grave mistake by shelving his own ambition and allowing him to go for second term against his better judgement in 2003. Obasanjo has always been a vindictive and self-righteous trickster who feels he is the only one that knows what is best for Nigeria. Atiku will be the next President of Nigeria whether he like it or not. Very arrogant man.
Just dey laugh

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Names Salisu Buhari, Tinubu And Atiku As Leaders Who Failed Nigeria by DSDLIVEREPORT: 10:48pm On Jul 25, 2018
AtikuNetwork:
Why is Obasanjo always so self-righteous and hypocritical? Nobody else has failed more than him to reposition this country for greatness, having had the rare privilege to serve longer than any other leader as president of the country. Atiku made a grave mistake by shelving his own ambition and allowing him to go for second term against his better judgement in 2003. Obasanjo has always been a vindictive and self-righteous trickster who feels he is the only one that knows what is best for Nigeria. Atiku will be the next President of Nigeria whether he like it or not. Very arrogant man.
Self pride is different from arrogance. And it is.also not right.to say a superior is arrogant to his subordinates. Well what's Baba said was on point but I will just prefer he leaves Atiku's matter for the electorate to judge. PMB was.more meek than Atiku before his election. Atiku is still a Fulani but I don't see him as an extremist.Finally A man of.his stature close to his grave has nothing to fear. Seen them all.
Re: Obasanjo Names Salisu Buhari, Tinubu And Atiku As Leaders Who Failed Nigeria by InvertedHammer: 10:51pm On Jul 25, 2018
/
There are so many things wrong with his assertion...first being that he referred to Atiku, Tinubu as the younger generation. In other words, he has convinced himself that the men: OBJ, IBB and Buhari belong to the young generation.

Now this is serious because FFK, Yahaya Bello will be considered neonates.

/

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Names Salisu Buhari, Tinubu And Atiku As Leaders Who Failed Nigeria by spiritedtete: 10:52pm On Jul 25, 2018
Well its obvious Atiku is a Scam.... and he still has dirt in his hands. He can never be Nigeria President. That I know for sure.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Names Salisu Buhari, Tinubu And Atiku As Leaders Who Failed Nigeria by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jul 25, 2018
Oblang:

Tinubu never ruled Nigeria so how is he worse than Atiku? The only state he ruled became a template for every other states in the country.

it's the bandwagon effect in play, make them talk

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Names Salisu Buhari, Tinubu And Atiku As Leaders Who Failed Nigeria by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jul 25, 2018
AtikuNetwork:

Atiku will never smell that sit. Not next year.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Names Salisu Buhari, Tinubu And Atiku As Leaders Who Failed Nigeria by KanuJEWSarePIGS: 11:26pm On Jul 25, 2018
kahal29:
Former President, Olusegun Obasanjo has listed some politicians who he described as younger generation of leaders that have failed Nigerians.

He listed Atiku Abubakar, former Governors Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Deprieye Alamieseigha, Lucky Igbinedion of Lagos, Bayelsa and Edo states respectively, as well as former Speaker of the House of Representatives, Salisu Buhari.

Obasanjo said this at the 4th Annual Ibadan Sustainable Development Summit organised by the Centre for Sustainable Development, University of Ibadan, in collaboration with African Sustainable Development Network, Ibadan on Tuesday.

While responding to issues of poor leadership in Africa, He condemned the younger generation of leaders, saying they had poor performance record in terms of integrity and probity.

He stressed that after 53 years of independence, Nigeria had no leader that can be recommended.

“During my administration as President, we had some people who were under 50 years in leadership positions. One of them was Alamieseigha, where is he today? Lucky Igbinedion, where is he today?

“The youngest was the Speaker, Buhari, you can still recall what happened to him.

“You said Bola Tinubu is your master; what Buhari did was not anything worse than what Bola Tinubu did. We got Buhari impeached.

“But in this part of the world, some people covered up the other man. The man claimed he went to Government College, Ibadan, but the Governor of Oyo State then went to Government College and packed all the documents so that they would not know that he did not go there.

“I wanted someone who would succeed me, so I took Atiku. Within a year, I started seeing the type of man Atiku is. And you want me to get him there?

“I once went to Tanzania because Julius Nyerere recognised Biafra. He told me not to mind his aides and others in government. They would say they have one house in town, but their five-year-old sons and daughters would have houses all over.

“Some of you who are condemning the leadership would get there tomorrow and it will be a different story. Only very few are actually good.

“Abacha, my predecessor, got $750 million. Through our lawyer in Switzerland we recovered $1.25 billion and the lawyer still said there is probably still another $1 billion to be recovered.

“In 1979 we had 20 new ships specially built for Nigeria. When I came back 20 years after, the national shipping line had liquidated.

“The whole thing is not just about leadership. If we talk about good leadership, you should also talk about good followers. If you talk about human rights, you should also talk about human duties and obligations.

“Then we are jinxed and cursed; we should all go to hell. The problem in Africa is that when one person takes over he would not see any good thing that his predecessor did. Let us condemn but with caution,” Obasanjo said.

http://dailypost.ng/2018/07/25/obasanjo-attacks-buhari-tinubu-atiku/

“I wanted someone who would succeed me, so I took Atiku. Within a year, I started seeing the type of man Atiku is. And you want me to get him there?

Obasanjo the newly found "raw gold" in IPOB'S camp has further compounded their woes.

Their "King Maker" of Aso Rock asked a very important question about their illustrious son - Atikuchendu.

Oya wall-like headed lots make una answer una god oo

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Names Salisu Buhari, Tinubu And Atiku As Leaders Who Failed Nigeria by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jul 25, 2018
AtikuNetwork:

I expect you to do the job you're being paid for, no problem. if it were in saner climes, Atiku would never be seen in politics again.

Let him go and clear his name in the US first, that's his reputation on the line; but you robots are blind to this.

if I were EFCC I would have extradited him to the US to face his bribery case.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Names Salisu Buhari, Tinubu And Atiku As Leaders Who Failed Nigeria by Akabuking: 11:33pm On Jul 25, 2018
Afonjaaas with open mouth, Always spewing rubbish.

Re: Obasanjo Names Salisu Buhari, Tinubu And Atiku As Leaders Who Failed Nigeria by DaCharis2016: 11:49pm On Jul 25, 2018
Some of you who are condemning the leadership would get there tomorrow and it will be a different story. Only very few are actually good....

Obasanjo.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Names Salisu Buhari, Tinubu And Atiku As Leaders Who Failed Nigeria by kerry57: 11:52pm On Jul 25, 2018
AtikuNetwork:
I am really interested in knowing what Atiku had actually done wrong mentioned by those in previous govt with him like obasanjo. I don't trust any of them, I need facts to build more skepticism about these rogues.
Re: Obasanjo Names Salisu Buhari, Tinubu And Atiku As Leaders Who Failed Nigeria by Dollabiz: 11:57pm On Jul 25, 2018
Lol
Re: Obasanjo Names Salisu Buhari, Tinubu And Atiku As Leaders Who Failed Nigeria by QualityHealthCa: 12:00am On Jul 26, 2018
Ingocof:

noooooo, why should you modify my post? I am afraid of you, only God knows how many people you have deceived with fake ......

grin grin grin

Fake what?
Re: Obasanjo Names Salisu Buhari, Tinubu And Atiku As Leaders Who Failed Nigeria by jaxxy(m): 12:10am On Jul 26, 2018
olowo1995:
Him nko @ obasanjo... What does he achieve for all the 8 years he used during his tenure

Besides power sector he achieved alot way more than others after him.
Re: Obasanjo Names Salisu Buhari, Tinubu And Atiku As Leaders Who Failed Nigeria by Nobody: 12:12am On Jul 26, 2018
This nonsense game this f00lish Ogboni grandpa is playing like he isn't a colossal failure himself Rubbish angry
Re: Obasanjo Names Salisu Buhari, Tinubu And Atiku As Leaders Who Failed Nigeria by blacknp(m): 12:18am On Jul 26, 2018
Merimental:
Tinubu is worse....wateva wrong Atiku did to nigeria,Tinubu did times 10, Tinubus oga did n is currently doing n will stil do more till 2019...
Who is Asiwaju Bolaji Tinubu aka Jagaban? and please mention 1 wrong he did to Nigeria?Big Nuisance.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Names Salisu Buhari, Tinubu And Atiku As Leaders Who Failed Nigeria by blacknp(m): 12:20am On Jul 26, 2018
AtikuNetwork:
Gay ass Atiku,maybe the president of the village people at the Y.M.C.A.?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Names Salisu Buhari, Tinubu And Atiku As Leaders Who Failed Nigeria by Kaziar: 12:24am On Jul 26, 2018
Obasanjo had the unique opportunity to have made Nigeria into a nation at par with global counterparts and failed. After decades of military governments and instability, the entire nation was practically handed over to him but he failed in laying the very foundations necessary for nation building.
Re: Obasanjo Names Salisu Buhari, Tinubu And Atiku As Leaders Who Failed Nigeria by emmangrace: 12:24am On Jul 26, 2018
Merimental:
Tinubu is worse....wateva wrong Atiku did to nigeria,Tinubu did times 10, Tinubus oga did n is currently doing n will stil do more till 2019...
Stop sentiment, whoever is wrong is wrong, no small wrong or big wrong; wrong is wrong.
Atiku failed us Tinubu failed us Obasanjo failed us, ...

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Names Salisu Buhari, Tinubu And Atiku As Leaders Who Failed Nigeria by blacknp(m): 12:26am On Jul 26, 2018
dairykidd:
This nonsense game this f00lish Ogboni grandpa is playing like he isn't a colossal failure himself Rubbish angry
Patriarch of the Ali Baba & Forty Thieves Party (pdp).

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Names Salisu Buhari, Tinubu And Atiku As Leaders Who Failed Nigeria by blacknp(m): 12:35am On Jul 26, 2018
jaxxy:

Besides power sector he achieved alot way more than others after him.
Of course what do you expect when he selected 2 Muppets like a terminal ill yaradu'a and a clueless goatluck jonathan in bad faith to succeed him?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Names Salisu Buhari, Tinubu And Atiku As Leaders Who Failed Nigeria by emmangrace: 12:38am On Jul 26, 2018
DaCharis2016:
Some of you who are condemning the leadership would get there tomorrow and it will be a different story. Only very few are actually good....

Obasanjo.

Obasanjo, a very dubious man, I smell his interception in Judiciary injunction of Saraki, because that was the way he used to do during his administration. Ordinarily Saraki deserves jail term, but due to OBJ interception or interference in judiciary he was freed at the supreme court, as usual of Obasanjo. Buhari stood out of Judiciary process leaving them independent.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Names Salisu Buhari, Tinubu And Atiku As Leaders Who Failed Nigeria by jaxxy(m): 12:38am On Jul 26, 2018
blacknp:
Of course what do you expect when he selected 2 Muppets like a terminal ill yaradu'a and a clueless goatluck jonathan in bad faith to succeed him?

Wat about buhari?? Who to tinubu selected, still a sham. Sick yaradu'a still did better.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Names Salisu Buhari, Tinubu And Atiku As Leaders Who Failed Nigeria by Ikpongiton: 1:08am On Jul 26, 2018
if you did not mention yourself,then the list is not complete.
Re: Obasanjo Names Salisu Buhari, Tinubu And Atiku As Leaders Who Failed Nigeria by seguno2: 2:06am On Jul 26, 2018
Oblang:
Tinubu never ruled Nigeria so how is he worse than Atiku? The only state he ruled became a template for every other states in the country.

Became a template of looting while your befuddled taxpayers applaud your cheap and cheerful chinko projects that leaves education, transportation, healthcare, water etc worse than in 1999 despite trillions and trillions in budget?
Are you okay?
I mean, are you joking or you are a joker
Re: Obasanjo Names Salisu Buhari, Tinubu And Atiku As Leaders Who Failed Nigeria by KanwuliaExtra: 2:08am On Jul 26, 2018
OBJ again? grin

He actually excluded himself? undecided
What a wretched and cursed soul! embarassed

An OLD HE-GOAT who sleeps with his sons’ WIVES for RITUAL? undecided

This OBJ nor get shame I swear! embarassed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Names Salisu Buhari, Tinubu And Atiku As Leaders Who Failed Nigeria by seguno2: 2:08am On Jul 26, 2018
Yusuf54:
Obasanjo is really insane, So He is the Most Righteous Politician In Nigeria..Na one chance we dey in Nigeria

No.
He is not the most righteous. Buhari claims that title for himself by himself. grin
Re: Obasanjo Names Salisu Buhari, Tinubu And Atiku As Leaders Who Failed Nigeria by kikake: 2:24am On Jul 26, 2018
overlord29:
undecided I just dey pity Nigerians dat are prepping to leave buhari(season 1 FuLani Killings) to go vOte fo Atiku(Season 2 FuLani Underdogg)

Wise words.

With Buhari and Atiku as the foremost presidential candidates next year, Nigeria shall still remain in the deep hole.

Bukola Saraki should have been a way out for Nigeria, but shall the Buhari cabal allow him to rescue Nigeria from the hole dug many years now by poorly educated and now senile leaders?
Re: Obasanjo Names Salisu Buhari, Tinubu And Atiku As Leaders Who Failed Nigeria by olmoRoc: 2:54am On Jul 26, 2018
Thief Lucky Igbinedion is FROM Edo State!
Re: Obasanjo Names Salisu Buhari, Tinubu And Atiku As Leaders Who Failed Nigeria by desgiezd(m): 4:40am On Jul 26, 2018
AtikuNetwork:

OBJ is just ranting all over the place and squandering the little goodwill that he has left. He keeps attacking others without taking time out to analyse himself and tell himself the truth.

He has been privileged to rule this Country twice and on both occasions he failed to groom anyone to possibly take over from him. Yet he wants to be dictating to whoever is at the helm.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ghana Becomes Nigeria’s Biggest Trade Partner After Border Closure / Results Are Being Tampered With- Chris Smith, US Congressman, Nigerian Election / Atiku Reacts As Buhari Unveils NNPC Limited

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.