Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,991 members, 7,806,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:10 AM

Smart Naijaman - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Smart Naijaman (799 Views)

Naijaman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Smart Naijaman by BlackMamba(m): 1:28am On Mar 28, 2007
A Naijaman walked into a bank in New York City and asked for the loan officer. He told the loan officer that he is going to Lagos on a vacation, for two weeks, and need to borrow $5,000.

The bank officer told him that the bank will need some form of security for the loan, so the Naijaman handed over the keys to a brand new BMW 6 series. The car was parked on the street in front of the bank. The Naijaman produced the title and everything checked out. The loan officer agreed to accept the car as collateral for the loan.

The bank's president and its officers all enjoyed a good laugh at the Naijaman, for using an $80,000 BMW as collateral against a $5,000 loan. An employee of the bank then drove the BMW into the bank's underground garage and parked it there.

Two weeks later, the Naijaman returned, repaid the $5,000 and the interest, which came to $15.41.

The loan officer said, 'Sir, we are very happy to have had your business, and this transaction has worked out very nicely, but we are a little puzzled. While you were away, we checked you out and found that you are a successful business man. What puzzles us is, why would you bother to borrow $5,000?'

The Naijaman replied: 'Where else in New York City can I park my car for two weeks, and pay only $15.41 and expect it to be there when I return?'

The bank employees watched as he pulled out of the garage, windows down and sunroof open. Juju music blasting from his car, as he pulled away. grin

(1) (Reply)

Prison Vs Work / Does Anyone Know Where U Weigh A Whale? / Rain Soaked .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.