Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,473 members, 7,808,702 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:41 PM

What Is The Best Way To Use The Treadmill Machine For Exercise? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Is The Best Way To Use The Treadmill Machine For Exercise? (1479 Views)

Chronic Prostatitis: Rules For Exercise Therapies / [VIDEO] Abuja Residents Defy Lockdown Order, Troop Out For Exercise / I Have A Job, but no time For Exercise Is Not An Excuse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Best Way To Use The Treadmill Machine For Exercise? by positiveequator(m): 11:06am On Jul 26, 2018
Exercising with the treadmill is one of the most modern ways of endurance training. It’s fancied by many to jogging on the track or in the field. While it’s a favorite preference for forms of cardio, not every user of the treadmill machine uses it the proper way. Sure, it has copious benefits such as giving you the capability to keep track of your time, speed and distance and protecting you from the elements and unsafe running conditions. However, it has its drawbacks which commonly occur when ergonomic principles are not adhered to. It’s needful to ensure you’re exercising the right way when using the treadmill as to evade injuries and to get the needed results.

What is Ergonomics and how does it affect your use of the Treadmill machine?

Ergonomics according to the Merriam Webster Dictionary is an applied science concerned with designing and arranging things people use so that the people and things interact most efficiently and safely. Ergonomics is sometimes called human engineering and used interchangeably with biomedical technology due to the role it plays in engineering people to use equipment the right way for better health.
With an excellent understanding of ergonomics and its principles, one knows the right way to use the treadmill machine to get the desired effect and not acquire chronic disorders while aiming to be fit. While some people have a good knowledge of the concept of ergonomics and the role biomedical technology plays in sports, many don’t, especially in developing countries like Nigeria. This can be linked to why many don’t get the expected results from exercise, both with the treadmill or other medical, health and fitness equipment.

The question remains, “What are the common mistakes people make while using the treadmill?”

Some of the popular mistakes people make while using the treadmill include;

Improper Running Stance
It’s not strange to see people running awkwardly while using the treadmill. This is due to nervousness and anxiety arising from being afraid of falling off the equipment. This fear leads to these individuals running differently from how they would run on natural grounds.
An ergonomics expert will allay your fears and anxiety before you stepping on the treadmill platform. This helps you relax and run in the right way, getting the appropriate results.

Holding onto the Handrails
Yeah! Yeah! We all love to hold onto something, for our dear life. It’s understandable, but it’s not fair to your exercise objectives if you’re not trying your best to reach it without compromising your ergonomic health.
When you hold onto rails, it forces you to hunch over, leaving you in an inefficient running position that causes neck, shoulder and back pain. Ergonomically, the right position for running on the treadmill is, “a posture straight and erect, head up, back straight and shoulders leveled up with your face staring into the distance.”

Wearing the wrong Exercise Outfit.
Just like every occasion has a dress code, so every exercise has suitable clothes for it. Dressing in the right type of clothes for using the treadmill is essential if you’re to make the most out of its use.
One may ask, “What are the most suitable clothes for exercise on the treadmill?”
For treadmill training, a good pair of running shoes is the most essential. Using the wrong shoes gives you joint dislocations, muscle pains and generally decreases your work output. You’re also advised to wear clothes that fit your body and help you dispel sweat.

Additionally, one is not advised to always run at the same speed at all times. Exercise physiologists recommend you increase your pace with time, as your muscles get adjusted with its current load. Get a workout plan, an excellent exercise physiologist or ergonomist can assist with that. Always warm up, gradually increasing the speed until you hit your target speed.
Conclusively, using the treadmill machine the right way maximizes your output and helps you achieve your workout goal faster. You should learn how to use this powerful biomedical equipment the right way before jumping on board. An excellent biomedical technician, biomedical technologists or ergonomist can assist with that.

After all, the biomedical engineers and technologists that designed the equipment designed it to be used alright!

Re: What Is The Best Way To Use The Treadmill Machine For Exercise? by JanClKson: 10:29am On Dec 04, 2020
Hi, everybody. Today I will tell you how quickly I lost weight at home. I was once very fat, and when my mom saw this, she bought me a treadmill and found out a lot of information at the website fitnesswho.com. She also recommended this site to me so that I could communicate with people there, and they gave me tips on using this treadmill, and in this chat you can always help, there are people who also did not know which treadmill to buy to be slim ... I recommend this site to everyone. If you have a real problem with weight, then you should not postpone weight loss in any case, and the longer you do this, the better the result will be. One of the coolest treadmills is the treadmill 400 lb weight capacity. It is compact but very roomy ...

(1) (Reply)

Healthgarde International Herbal Product (super Cider Plus) / In Need Of A Solution / What Type Of Multivitamin Tablets Can I Take To Put On Weight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.