Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,218 members, 7,807,746 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:20 PM

What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire (13478 Views)

Some Benefits Of Attending A Local Church / Stephanie Otobo Absent At Suleman Defamation Lawsuit Hearing In Ikeja High Court / Demands For Money And Other Things By Worshippers In My Local Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 10:31am On Aug 09, 2018
madegreatbygrace:

Really It's hard to believe that you attend a grace + works church, judging from your posts. But i'm glad you reject the works part. Keep up the good work.
grin grin Yes bro... There's no church in Nigeria that teaches pure grace though. The church i attend isn't legalistic per say but there's still some areas of works.... It's one of the top 3 churches in Nigeria though...
Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 7:27am On Aug 12, 2018
Morning
Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 12:11pm On Aug 12, 2018
Yes Lord
Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by sonmvayina(m): 3:01pm On Aug 12, 2018
What is the difference?.. They are both same thing...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by sonmvayina(m): 3:06pm On Aug 12, 2018
Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 6:20pm On Aug 12, 2018
I see grace
Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 12:04am On Aug 17, 2018
Morning
Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 6:19pm On Aug 17, 2018
Okay
Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 10:00pm On Aug 20, 2018
Yes Lord
Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 9:27am On Sep 30, 2018
Lord Jesus
Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 6:56pm On Sep 30, 2018
Now
Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 7:28am On Oct 07, 2018
Lord Jesus!!
Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by DavidEsq(m): 8:39am On Oct 07, 2018
jiggaz:
Amen!! I thank God for this...

I also attend a grace+works church... Just that since i know the truth i reject most of their mixed messages grin.. It's a pity, but there's no church in Nigeria that teaches pure grace... Am yet to see one. Most of my feeding on the word of God is through online and YouTube videos of preachers of the grace Gospel... Mostly white preachers though... The Lord is good..
Oga why is ur moniker Jiggaz? No be jayz dey answer that name .
Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by DavidEsq(m): 8:41am On Oct 07, 2018
jiggaz:
grin grin Yes bro... There's no church in Nigeria that teaches pure grace though. The church i attend isn't legalistic per say but there's still some areas of works.... It's one of the top 3 churches in Nigeria though...
So if I may ask. Are u suggesting that we don't put any effort into being saved? How do u exercise faith in Jesus Christ without works to show for ur faith? I no get u at all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by alBHAGDADI: 9:28am On Oct 07, 2018
jiggaz:
Try a Baptist Church. They are mostly Grace alone.

I'm currently looking for one close to my area.

You can watch Pastor Stephen Anderson "Once Saved Always Saved" on YouTube.

He's a Baptists US pastor.
Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by alBHAGDADI: 9:30am On Oct 07, 2018
DavidEsq:

So if I may ask. Are u suggesting that we don't put any effort into being saved? How do u exercise faith in Jesus Christ without works to show for ur faith? I no get u at all.
You can't save yourself. Or can you take yourself to heaven which you don't even know the road to?

Works are what show that you are saved, not what you should bank on for salvation. You are saved already once you have faith in Jesus.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by GIFTD: 9:46am On Oct 07, 2018
madegreatbygrace:

Really It's hard to believe that you attend a grace + works church, judging from your posts. But i'm glad you reject the works part. Keep up the good work.
Grace and Truth is correct.Jn1:17. While we're saved by grace only we are to be justify by truth of the Grace of God that saved us, which is righteousness through faith, in proclamation of the work of grace in ur life; righteousness through persecution and victory over the cares and worries of this life to continue following Lord Jesus till the end NB: God is in His word/program to ur followership. Thanks
Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by JennyJuggs: 10:02am On Oct 07, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

You believe this? I mean the boldest.

1 Like

Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by Oneboypikin: 10:30am On Oct 07, 2018
Just Runaway from Jehovahs Witnesses.
The Best advice I would give my Worst Enemies
Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by fitzfrankses7(m): 10:31am On Oct 07, 2018
God bless your heart for this wonderful teaching my dear and I'll like to be permitted to chip in something God taught me of Him that Salvation (His gift to man) has two sides that must work together; Grace(which is entirely God's) and Faith (which is entirely man's) Ephesians 2:8-9, i.e God's grace is accepted through faith (hence Salvation) and this grace-accepted faith doesn't stay idle, it works righteousness. James 2:14-26. This means that Salvation is simply the product of Grace and Faith not Grace and Works as erroneously taught. But there's something else very interesting, we ignore that God drew my attention to;

Faith in action is in the doing (that's Works) but these works aren't works of the sin-consciousness (keeping the law; they only magnify sin and unbelief), they're works of the faith-consciousness (anything done borne out of faith in God). God's Salvation is all encompassing, in it is Grace, Faith, Love, Hope even Works... It's not just hyper grace!

Food for thought: Did you know that David enjoyed Grace while still living under the Law?
Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 10:42am On Oct 07, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

alright bro.. Thank you.
Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 10:43am On Oct 07, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
You can't save yourself. Or can you take yourself to heaven which you don't even know the road to?

Works are what show that you are saved, not what you should bank on for salvation. You are saved already once you have faith in Jesus.
Beautiful explanation.
Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by wealthyhenry(m): 10:57am On Oct 07, 2018
Unadulterated and beautifully rendered.

This is the whole essence of the coming of Christ.

The truth is " If we could stop sinning before he came, then we didn't need him in the first place"

There's no other name given among men whereby they must be saved. His name is Jesus.

I pity those who still think salvation is attached to you working it out.

Nobody goes to hell because he fornicated or lied etc. People go to hell because of the sinful nature they have inside them and there refusal to accept the free gift of salvation that Jesus brought.

One's sinful nature is removed once he or she receives the free gift of salvation that Jesus brought.

Jesus is our Righteousness, any other teaching which says otherwise is a lie from the pit.

Weh don sir...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by alBHAGDADI: 11:20am On Oct 07, 2018
JennyJuggs:
You believe this? I mean the boldest.
Yes
Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 11:30am On Oct 07, 2018
wealthyhenry:
Unadulterated and beautifully rendered.

This is the whole essence of the coming of Christ.

The truth is " If we could stop sinning before he came, then we didn't need him in the first place"

There's no other name given among men whereby they must be saved. His name is Jesus.

I pity those who still think salvation is attached to you working it out.

Nobody goes to hell because he fornicated or lied etc. People go to hell because of the sinful nature they have inside them and there refusal to accept the free gift of salvation that Jesus brought.

One's sinful nature is removed once he or she receives the free gift of salvation that Jesus brought.

Jesus is our Righteousness, any other teaching which says otherwise is a lie from the pit.

Weh don sir...
Thank you my brother... Your explanation is sooo on point!!

1 Like

Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by DavidEsq(m): 12:21pm On Oct 07, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

I see. So by what means are we said to be faithful or unfaithful to God, in view of Matthew 24:14, Colossians 3:5,6 and Colossians 3:12,13?
Cc: wealtyhenry, chioma134
Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by chioma134: 12:27pm On Oct 07, 2018
@jiggaz. Thanks for the exposition. I know you mean well, and you're probably walking in grace now. What I want to add is this; to remain in grace, the place of fellowship with the Holy Spirit cannot be over emphasized. The truth is that without this fellowship, we would be walking outside of grace. When I say fellowship, I mean regular actual communion with God in prayers, meditation of the word and fellowship with the brethren. If these become a ritual we observe rather than do out of love for God, we would have fallen into the same trap of works rather than grace.
The rules which most preach are meant to guide our conduct and not meant to save anyone from sin. The bottom line is this; service to God out of a pure heart and fellowship in the Holy Spirit.
May the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit keep you all. Amen.

1 Like

Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by Bellafinesse(m): 12:52pm On Oct 07, 2018
Hi, first time I am seeing this thread. Its really a challenge to find a church where undiluted grace is preached in Nigeria but it exists. Though I attend a church where the Pastor preaches grace..... God bless him for me ooo chai. Though some church members have issues with it. Since he started 6 years ago, I have stopped going from church to church. I have been enjoying the Father like ki lo de since I started giving myself to the word grace only. The church is in Abeokuta though.
Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by alBHAGDADI: 1:11pm On Oct 07, 2018
DavidEsq:

I see. So by what means are we said to be faithful or unfaithful to God, in view of Matthew 24:14, Colossians 3:5,6 and Colossians 3:12,13?
Cc: wealtyhenry, chioma134

Faithful is different from having faith in Jesus. faithfulness is keeping to your word or promise. Having faith in Jesus is the same as believe in Jesus, that he died to save you and resurrected on the third day.

Please read the link below to understand what Salvation through Grace alone really means. It is lengthy, but I believe it will get you truly saved.

http://www.faithfulwordbaptist.org/once_saved_always_saved.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 1:12pm On Oct 07, 2018
Bellafinesse:
Hi, first time I am seeing this thread. Its really a challenge to find a church where undiluted grace is preached in Nigeria but it exists. Though I attend a church where the Pastor preaches grace..... God bless him for me ooo chai. Though some church members have issues with it. Since he started 6 years ago, I have stopped going from church to church. I have been enjoying the Father like ki lo de since I started giving myself to the word grace only. The church is in Abeokuta though.
That's very good...
Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by crystalmt: 1:24pm On Oct 07, 2018
Amen... Thanks for writing
Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by DavidEsq(m): 1:41pm On Oct 07, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Faithful is different from having faith in Jesus. faithfulness is keeping to your word or promise. Having faith in Jesus is the same as believe in Jesus, that he died to save you and resurrected on the third day.

Please read the link below to understand what Salvation through Grace alone really means. It is lengthy, but I believe it will get you truly saved.

http://www.faithfulwordbaptist.org/once_saved_always_saved.html
Oga u have not answered my questions on the above scriptures.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Types Of Prayers Mentioned In The Bible. / Why It Is Never Right For You To Pray That Your Enemies Fall And Die Today / Is It Biblical To Pray For A Life Partner?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.