Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,574 members, 7,809,094 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:52 PM

What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire (13483 Views)

Some Benefits Of Attending A Local Church / Stephanie Otobo Absent At Suleman Defamation Lawsuit Hearing In Ikeja High Court / Demands For Money And Other Things By Worshippers In My Local Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 8:30pm On Oct 07, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
You won't believe that it was just few months ago I got saved. That was when I came across the once saved always saved doctrine on youtube.

Before I use to wonder how I was going to make heaven. Whenever I look at the past, I always find one sin or aNother capable of condemning me. But when I truly understood what salvation is, I became aware that those sins cannot stop my eternity with Christ. That was the best news ever since I was born. That is the GOOD NEWS.
That's very true my brother.. Am happy for you... Just like you, i came across the Gospel of Grace in 2015 through Pastor Joseph Prince and i became the happiest person in the world when i discovered that my salvation in Christ is secured forever!! That's why i started this online aggressive teaching so that others will hear what i heard lol. All glory to our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by Nobody: 8:56pm On Oct 07, 2018
many do not know what salvation mean! salvation is not character reformation or changing from bad to good.

many do not know what total depravity mean?
it mean all are sinners incapable of changing themselves ( if man can do then they do not need Christ death).

salvation fully and completely lies on God, this is what God wants man to understand, unfortunately many follow man made false doctrines of works.

when Adam sinned he was ashamed and wanted to cover himself with figs he made, trying to appear before God in the best way he knew but God had already made a covering for Adam.
the covering Adam made represented the righteousness by works but the covering God made represented the righteousness of God which come by faith in Jesus it comes with a price which was the death of Jesus on the cross.
many are trying to appear righteous before God instead of believing on the finished work for them.

salvation is not to simply making it to heaven as some has made it to look.

salvation means to be a new creation, to have eternal life right here and right now.

A man is saved simply by trusting in Jesus and his finished work on the cross only.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 10:03pm On Oct 07, 2018
solite3:
many do not know what salvation mean! salvation is not character reformation or changing from bad to good.

it mean all are sinners incapable of changing themselves ( if man can do then they do not need Christ death).

salvation fully and completely lies on God, this is what God wants man to understand, unfortunately many follow man made false doctrines of works.

when Adam sinned he was ashamed and wanted to cover himself with figs he made, trying to appear before God in the best way he knew but God had already made a covering for Adam.
the covering Adam made represented the righteousness by works but the covering God made represented the righteousness of God which come by faith in Jesus it comes with a price which was the death of Jesus on the cross.
many are trying to appear righteous before God instead of believing on the finished work for them.

salvation means to be a new creation, to have eternal life right here and right now.

A man is saved simply by trusting in Jesus and his finished work on the cross only.

Beautiful explanation my brother!! 1000 likes for this post!! Most people think salvation is only making it to heaven, it's more than that, Lord Jesus wants us to enjoy eternal life here and now in this world.... Most Christians are still working to appear righteous before God with their own effort not trusting fully on the finished work of Christ on the Cross. All those kinda works will be burned at the Bema Seat of Christ cos all of them are dead works ..... We don't perform good works to get us saved, no.... We perform good works because we are already saved. It's a response to what Christ did for us....

Continue to grow in grace bro... Am soooooo soooooo happy for you!!
Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by MizyB(f): 11:11pm On Oct 07, 2018
jiggaz:
Beautiful explanation my brother!! 1000 likes for this post!! Most people think salvation is only making it to heaven, it's more than that, Lord Jesus wants us to enjoy eternal life here and now in this world.... Most Christians are still working to appear righteous before God with their own effort not trusting fully on the finished work of Christ on the Cross. All those kinda works will be burned at the Bema Seat of Christ cos all of them are dead works ..... We don't perform good works to get us saved, no.... We perform good works because we are already saved. It's a response to what Christ did for us....

Continue to grow in grace bro... Am soooooo soooooo happy for you!!
Cc: lordtim001
Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by DavidEsq(m): 8:57pm On Oct 08, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Those verses are simply saying we should avoid those sins. The verses never say avoiding them is what will get us saved from hell. We are saved already by having faith in Jesus. Avoiding those sins will actually prevent us from suffering their consequences on earth.

please read the link I gave you.
So when u avoid those sins, would u be fulfilling Romans 12:1,2 right?
Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by DavidEsq(m): 9:01pm On Oct 08, 2018
solite3:

So u are living eternal life right now? U wld never die. That would mean that ur children would also live forever, since u wld transfer ur eternity to them, just as Adam transfered death to the rest of the world. Shey that's wat u are saying?
Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by DavidEsq(m): 9:57pm On Oct 08, 2018
DavidEsq:

So u are living eternal life right now? U wld never die. That would mean that ur children would also live forever, since u wld transfer ur eternity to them, just as Adam transfered death to the rest of the world. Shey that's wat u are saying?quote author=jiggaz post=69728197]Believers, most times when we think of areas of "Satan at work," we imagine red-light districts, war, poverty, child-molestation, fornication and adultery, idol worship/juju, the kind of demonic oppression that gets people rolling on the floor and foaming at the mouth; acts of sin in general.

While the kingdom of darkness works hard at keeping the world that God so loved locked down in such captivity, these overt manifestations are usually the work of minions or lesser devils. Satan himself and "spiritual wickedness in high places" have a more refined approach to their work of stealing, killing and destroying. You find their works in churches where obedience to God's law is upheld as the means of attaining righteousness (and thus enjoying God's blessing) instead of faith in Jesus Christ by whose obedience we are made righteous (Romans 5:19wink those churches where it is preached that your salvation depends entirely or partly on what YOU must do and not what CHRIST has done. Paul spoke of such ministers in 2 Corinthians 11:15-

"And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light. 15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works."

These ministers of Satan are pastoring churches and preaching their brand of righteousness straight from the pulpit. They sound and act extemely moral and righteous, preach strongly against sin and always act like they just finished having lunch with God. They preach a lot about righteousness and living a godly life but herein lies what exposes them as agents of Satan (some unwittinglysmiley their own method of attaining righteousness in the sight of God is never through what CHRIST has done to make us righteous but on what WE must do by ourselves; we who can do nothing without Christ.
They preach righteousness according to works (of the law) and not the righteousness (by faith) that is freely given as a gift to all who believe in Christ and through the obedience of Christ, as it is written in Romans 5:19-

“By one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man's obedience many will be made righteous."

Also see 2 Corinthians 5:21 "For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us that we might become the righteousness of God in Him."

Also see Romans 3: "26...and He makes sinners right in His sight when they believe in Jesus. 27 Can we boast, then, that we have done anything to be accepted by God? No, because our acquittal is not based on obeying the law. It is based on faith.28 So we are made right with God through faith and not by obeying the law."

Remember Paul's words in Philippians 3:9 "and become one with Him. I no longer count on my own righteousness through obeying the law; rather, I become righteous through faith in Christ. For God’s way of making us right with Himself depends on faith."

Romans 6:14 says "For sin shall not have dominion over you for you are not under Law but under Grace." Try to keep the law and you will continue to wallow in sin. But these ministers of Satan preach this verse in reverse. They deceive many into thinking that a person can be made right with God (and thus enjoy His blessings) by their own effort at keeping the law, a teaching that is in stark contrast to Romans 3:20 which says: "For no one can ever be made right with God by doing what the law commands. The law simply shows us how sinful we are."

Believers, God's grace is not a license to sin. It is the Way to right living. Once a person has the Lord Jesus Christ as his righteousness, RIGHT LIVING WILL FOLLOW. "All these things will be added unto you." See Romans 5:17:

"For the sin of this one man, Adam, caused death to rule over many. But even greater is God’s wonderful grace and His gift of righteousness, for all who receive it will live in triumph over sin and death through this one Man, Jesus Christ."

Also see Matthew 1:21- "She will give birth to a Son, and you shall name Him Jesus (The Lord is salvation), for He will save His people from their sins.”

But these "ministers of righteousness" put the cart before the horse, saying "stop sinning first, then Christ will save you." If we could stop sinning on our own, then Christ died a needless death!

Their weapon is accusations, like their father Satan the Accuser. They point out and accuse people of particular sins, usually things relating to dressing/hairstyle, tithing, club-hopping and "comedians in the church" and make you believe that your salvation or godliness (being like God) depends on how good you are and what you do. They never tell you that without Christ as the SOLE source of a person's righteousness, in the sight of God, the "good and holy" person who only lied about his location on the phone for a good reason is in the same boat of unrighteousness as the child-molesting serial killer; James 2:10 says:

"For the person who keeps all of the laws except one is as guilty as a person who has broken all of God’s laws."

In essence, they preach after the pattern of their master Satan who deceived Eve into believing that she would "be like God" (be godly!) by her own effort: if she ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. This tree is a picture of the law from which we get the knowledge of what is good and what is evil; the tree was desirable to Eve as it is desirable to many in the church today; and it is still killing those that eat from it, those who live by the law; those who try to be godly (attain to righteousness) by their own effort: "for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life." The good that one does under law kills just as fast as the evil.

Galatians 5:4 says "For if you are trying to make yourselves right with God by keeping the law, you have been cut off from Christ! You have fallen away from God’s grace."

But these false doctrine preachers actively preach righteousness before God through keeping the Ten Commandments. See how Satan kills! Isaiah describes this self-righteousness as "filthy rags" (menstrual rags in the original Hebrew translation) in Isaiah 64:6-

"We are all infected and impure with sin.
When we display our righteous deeds,
they are nothing but filthy rags."

Believers, beware of such teaching. It leads to death. Remember what Titus 2:14 says of our Saviour Jesus Christ: "who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works."

This shows us that people who are sinning are in captivity and a price (death) needs to be paid for them to be free; a price that Christ paid with His blood (the wages of sin is death) and is free for all who believe. But these ministers of Satan preach that one can redeem oneself from the lawless deeds that hold one captive by sheer self-will and determination at doing. Right there on the pulpit, they shoot the only weapon of the Accuser: accusations aka "every tongue that rises against you in judgment." Such ministers say things like "You are still stealing" "You don't love your neighbour as yourself" even "Abraham was going to sacrifice his son but you can't even give so and so!" Believers, these are things that Christ came to save us from!

They ask: "how can God bless you when you are still doing such and such?" But they never point you to the only One, Jesus Christ, who can get you out of that prison of sin. They point you to yourself who can do nothing without Christ! They try to make you your own sacrificial lamb, but the lamb used for sacrifice for sins has to die. The letter kills. The law kills all those who are trying to get right with God through law-keeping.

They point out and highlight sins when in Christ, under the New Covenant, our Lord God remembers our sins no more (Hebrews 8.) Romans 8:1 tells us there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus but under their false teaching, people are made to feel condemned because their accusations are true, and after condemnation comes judgment in the form of death preceded by its symptoms (the curse.) A death that Christ already died for the world! They are saying that Jesus who died to save us from sin will not save you from your sins unless you by yourself stop sinning!
Believers, believe right. According to Titus 2, Christ gave Himself to redeem us from EVERY lawless deed (acts of sin.) How could our Saviour use the very sins that He came to redeem us from as an excuse for not saving us? Why would you need a Saviour if you can stop sinning and attain perfection by the law all by yourself? It is Christ's "Neither do I condemn you" that makes us "go and sin no more."

Such ministers attempt to reduce the finished work of Christ to a footnote in their preaching. Our Saviour's name is mentioned in the "in Jesus name" at the end of each prayer point but according to them, the "real work" is in the various fasts undertaken, various vigils, tithes paid, neglect of the body and seeds sown in order to receive from God. This is a gross misrepresentation of our loving Abba Father who gives us all things freely with Christ! Romans 8:32 says:

"He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things?"

But with such ministers, receiving from God, attaining right-standing with Him and enjoying His blessings depends on your ability to keep the law and "do good deeds" and not what Christ has done. According to them, being free from generational and other curses depends on you, a Christian, attending their "deliverance services" while clutching childhood pictures that they often ask you to bring along, an action that is in stark contrast to Galatians 3:13-

"Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree”, 14 that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith."

Believers, don't be deceived. Believe right. In Christ, God is our Abba Father. Would you really withhold care and protection from your own child because he disobeyed you? Would you let your neighbour's dog bite him to death because you've warned him to stay indoors several times? No! You will train your child in the way he should go and keep him from harm for as long as you can! How much more our Father in heaven who so loved the world that He gave His own Son to die for us! In Christ, we are His own little children! He hates sin because it destroys man that He so loves, so gave His own Son to pay the wages of our sin. In Christ, we have the gift of no condemnation by which we go and sin no more. This is the only way to have victory over sin.

A good fake product is one that most closely resembles the original. By God's grace, beware of these preachers of righteousness by works of the law. They seem to be godly and religious but their way leads to death.

Many of us are aware that some pastors dish out this horrid mixture of part-Law and part-Grace but still hear them because we feel that we can get nourishment from the Grace part. This is akin to eating a mixture of fresh bread and concentrated acid and expecting that your body will only make use of the bread! The letter kills, like the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. Why don't you ask the Lord our Shepherd to lead you on the path of righteousness and make you lie down in green pastures where you get to feed on life today? He loves us so. He hears you when you call. Always.
The Holy Spirit will teach you all things.

Believe Right and you will Live Right.

http://rightbelieving101..com/2017/11/what-are-you-hearing-in-your-local.html?m=1
The essence ur write up is that we should do less to remain pure, after accepting the salvation of Jesus Christ. That is to say it does not matter that we still commit sin, s long as we continue to exercise faith in Jesus Christ.
1 John 2:4,5 says:
The one who says, “I have come to know him,” and yet does not observe his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in this person. 5 But whoever does observe his word, in this person the love of God has truly been made perfect. By this we know that we are in union with him.
What is the thing which the words "by this" in verse 5 refer to?
Verse 4 tells us that it is "observing his commandments".
Observing his commandments has to do with our efforts. After all, James
James 2:21,22 says:
Was not Abraham our father declared righteous by works after he offered up Isaac his son on the altar? 22 You see that his faith was active along with his works and his faith was perfected by his works.
Cc solite3, chioma134, ALBHAGDADI

1 Like

Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by Nobody: 3:59pm On Oct 13, 2018
DavidEsq:

So u are living eternal life right now? U wld never die. That would mean that ur children would also live forever, since u wld transfer ur eternity to them, just as Adam transfered death to the rest of the world. Shey that's wat u are saying?
yes I will not die even if I die the first death I will live again.
you get it twisted, I m not the one that gives eternal life but God through christ.

Romans 5:12
Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

Romans 5:17
For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

Romans 5:21
That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

1 John 5:11
And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

1 John 5:12
He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

1 John 5:13
These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by Nobody: 4:20pm On Oct 13, 2018
DavidEsq:

The essence ur write up is that we should do less to remain pure, after accepting the salvation of Jesus Christ. That is to say it does not matter that we still commit sin, s long as we continue to exercise faith in Jesus Christ.
1 John 2:4,5 says:
The one who says, “I have come to know him,” and yet does not observe his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in this person. 5 But whoever does observe his word, in this person the love of God has truly been made perfect. By this we know that we are in union with him.
What is the thing which the words "by this" in verse 5 refer to?
Verse 4 tells us that it is "observing his commandments".
Observing his commandments has to do with our efforts. After all, James
James 2:21,22 says:
Was not Abraham our father declared righteous by works after he offered up Isaac his son on the altar? 22 You see that his faith was active along with his works and his faith was perfected by his works.
Cc solite3, chioma134, ALBHAGDADI
faith and works are like fire and smoke.
A true faith will produce good works, in other words works justifies ones faith outwardly to men.
But those works do not save, it will be a grave error to depend on works.

as for purity,
every believer is already pure/holy but should remain so, this also is done by God.

Jude 1:24
Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

keeping His commandments,
the commandments of the Lord is for us to love one another.

1 Like

Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by DavidEsq(m): 6:46pm On Oct 13, 2018
solite3:
faith and works are like fire and smoke.
A true faith will produce good works, in other words works justifies ones faith outwardly to men.
But those works do not save, it will be a grave error to depend on works.

as for purity,
every believer is already pure/holy but should remain so, this also is done by God.

Jude 1:24
Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

keeping His commandments,
the commandments of the Lord is for us to love one another.

It is not works that save us but it is proof of our faith. But when we undermine our works, we are hypocrites who appear godly but do not exhibit the fruitage of the Spirit (which 2 Timothy 3:5) talks about. If we undermine the obligation the previous scriptures place on us, especially 2 Corinthians 7:1, then we are the type of persons described in Romans 10:2-3.
Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by DavidEsq(m): 6:56pm On Oct 13, 2018
solite3:
yes I will not die even if I die the first death I will live again.
you get it twisted, I m not the one that gives eternal life but God through christ.

Romans 5:12
Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

Romans 5:17
For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

Romans 5:21
That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

1 John 5:11
And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

1 John 5:12
He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

1 John 5:13
These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

So based on wat u said @ the bold, u appear to agree that u are subject to Romans 5:12 (as all men are). Now the statement "even if I die" does appear to admit that death still reigns over man. It also expresses uncertainty of what one really believes, a fact which the bible does not support (shaky belief). So u see? A mental state of self induced grand delusion of being immune to death, yet expressing hope to benefit from or be part of a resurrection is being equivocal, which the bible doesn't support. See 1 Peter 4:7.
To express hope in a resurrection simply shows our hope to one day live above death.
Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by whatofyou: 8:25pm On Oct 24, 2018
GRACE/ SAVED ONCE AND SAVED FOR ALL TIME

I have not typed these words to try to re-convert you to true Christianity, although it's my wish that some of us rebuke the evil of deceit in us. Abel, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, David, Job et c. were people like us, but they sought God's kingdom and they persevered in righteousness. In fact, Job's friends could not accept the fact that he could himself claim to be blameless in the course of his ordeal.

David, God said of him, was a man after His heart not because David did not sin some of the times, but he wholeheartedly repented of his short-comings. Life, they say, is not a bed of roses; how much more the Christian life! In Jesus' words, narrow (and crooked) is the path that leads to eternal life, and few findeth it.

What is grace? My dictionary terms it "unmerited favour." It means that while we were (are) all condemned to eternal death Christ came to rescue us. He paid the price once and for all on the cross. Nothing was required from us to execute this divine plan. This grace is open when one is born again and stops the day one stops being a Christian, only to start again if one retraces his steps. People ascribe some characteristics of God as grace, which is wrong. Grace should not be mistaken for God's goodness, which anybody (Christian or not) can reap from.

Put in another angle, grace is the reason why we don't wait by the biblical pool, expecting the angel of the Lord to disturb the waters so that the first person that gets into the water gets healed. Grace is the reason why we don't throng to the temple in Jerusalem to be with God. Grace is the simple reason why we don't have to get to a prophet, like Naaman, to get healed. Jesus Christ era is the era of grace. It simply means that once you are born again, that by faith you are able to ask God anything positive and it will be done for you.

Grace also has phases, the greatest being the grace at the point of our death. That is the reason Christians must be very careful so that on that important day we do not lose all we laboured for all our life-time. It is grace to die remaining in Christ, for Satan's wish is for a Christian to drop dead the very second he or she is overcome by temptation.

Salvation is not a once-and-for-all act; it is a life long process. The whole of the Bible talks about the works of men, that is from Genesis to Revelation. Quoting from the Bible, "the tree that does not bear good fruit salad shall be cut down." Why people think the Christian life is an easy-going one terrifies me. The scriptures say of the conversion to it, as causing jubilation and celebration in heaven. Then imagine what happens in the kingdom of darkness!

Just as you now belong to God, temptations and tests become tougher hurdles you must scale through. God is not interested in numbers, even the scriptures confirm it: "Many are called but few are chosen." If you don't hear sin, it wants to touch you; if you don't see sin, it wants to perceive and taste you. Your imaginations will haunt you also. Sin will want to know and defeat you after you 'died' to it. It does not bother God if out of all the entirety of human race only a million make it into His kingdom.

The summary of my writing is: "God knows those who are His children, who are fighting this battle with all their might and heart, who are not white-washed tombs; that even if they accidentally and unintentionally fall, they can ask God for forgiveness and desist from such acts." Quoting the Bible, "our Father...forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us..." The Christian life is filled with many trials and tribulations and temptations that are able to delete ones name from God's holy book of life. Keep watch (and be careful), for the Lord our God cometh as a thief at night!

1 Like

Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by Nobody: 9:12pm On Oct 24, 2018
DavidEsq:

It is not works that save us but it is proof of our faith. But when we undermine our works, we are hypocrites who appear godly but do not exhibit the fruitage of the Spirit (which 2 Timothy 3:5) talks about. If we undermine the obligation the previous scriptures place on us, especially 2 Corinthians 7:1, then we are the type of persons described in Romans 10:2-3.
no matter how elaborate works may be they do not save.
the fruit of the spirit is not man to exhibit, rather it is the fruit of a saved man, he does not do them to be saved but it is his natural life.
Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by Nobody: 9:19pm On Oct 24, 2018
DavidEsq:

So based on wat u said @ the bold, u appear to agree that u are subject to Romans 5:12 (as all men are). Now the statement "even if I die" does appear to admit that death still reigns over man. It also expresses uncertainty of what one really believes, a fact which the bible does not support (shaky belief). So u see? A mental state of self induced grand delusion of being immune to death, yet expressing hope to benefit from or be part of a resurrection is being equivocal, which the bible doesn't support. See 1 Peter 4:7.
To express hope in a resurrection simply shows our hope to one day live above death.
'even if I die' Refers to the physical death. if rapture occurs now I won't die the physical death but I will instantly be transformed to Christ glorious image and be with him forever.

The resurrection is the glorious hope of every saints in Christ because that is when they all transformed to be like their saviour Jesus Christ.
Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by DavidEsq(m): 3:10am On Oct 25, 2018
solite3:
no matter how elaborate works may be they do not save.
the fruit of the spirit is not man to exhibit, rather it is the fruit of a saved man, he does not do them to be saved but it is his natural life.
Do u disagree with wat I stated? Because I don't think wat I said required further clarification as it was very clear.
Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by DavidEsq(m): 3:12am On Oct 25, 2018
solite3:
'even if I die' Refers to the physical death. if rapture occurs now I won't die the physical death but I will instantly be transformed to Christ glorious image and be with him forever.

The resurrection is the glorious hope of every saints in Christ because that is when they all transformed to be like their saviour Jesus Christ.
Do I disagree with wat I stated? Cos I don't think we are on different pages here.
Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by Nobody: 5:52pm On Oct 27, 2018
DavidEsq:

Do u disagree with wat I stated? Because I don't think wat I said required further clarification as it was very clear.
no I didn't disagree.
in fact when a man is born again he is already dead to sin because a Spiritual circumcision has been done on him so his works will naturally reflect the righteousness and holiness of Christ.
Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by Nobody: 6:00pm On Oct 27, 2018
DavidEsq:

Do I disagree with wat I stated? Cos I don't think we are on different pages here.
faith is based on the word of God not assumption.
I said "if" because I know physical death will happen to every man or the rapture in which the saints escape physical death and are transformed instantaneously.
Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by DavidEsq(m): 6:46pm On Oct 27, 2018
solite3:
no I didn't disagree.
in fact when a man is born again he is already dead to sin because a Spiritual circumcision has been done on him so his works will naturally reflect the righteousness and holiness of Christ.
So why the "dogo turanchi"?
Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by DavidEsq(m): 6:47pm On Oct 27, 2018
solite3:
faith is based on the word of God not assumption.
I said "if" because I know physical death will happen to every man or the rapture in which the saints escape physical death and are transformed instantaneously.
The rapture? Pls could u explain?
Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by Nobody: 10:36pm On Oct 27, 2018
DavidEsq:
So why the "dogo turanchi"?
what do you mean?
Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by Nobody: 10:43pm On Oct 27, 2018
DavidEsq:

The rapture? Pls could u explain?

1 Thessalonians 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

the rapture refers to the event that will take place soon when all the saints ( those that are saved) dead or alive are taken or caught up to meet Jesus Christ.
those saints that are dead will be raised up and caught up while those that are still alive will be changed and be caught up together to meet Jesus Christ and then remain with Jesus forever.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by DavidEsq(m): 8:14am On Oct 30, 2018
solite3:
what do you mean?
Dogo turanchi means "plenty grammar".
Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by DavidEsq(m): 8:19am On Oct 30, 2018
solite3:

1 Thessalonians 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

the rapture refers to the event that will take place soon when all the saints ( those that are saved) dead or alive are taken or caught up to meet Jesus Christ.
those saints that are dead will be raised up and caught up while those that are still alive will be changed and be caught up together to meet Jesus Christ and then remain with Jesus forever.
Hm. So wat happens to the earth na? Una go jus leave am like that? Who wld now be flexing the suya, salad and gbo gbo e?
Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by suregalluv(f): 9:37am On Oct 30, 2018
Inasmuch as Christ brought grace to us. Many are forgetting the fact that He also brought truth. Many people have dropped the truth and are depending on grace, even wallowing in sin in the name of "God's grace is sufficient". We can't separate grace from truth. By receiving Christ, we receive the power to become the Sons of God,John 1:12 ( the Son of God is righteous), therefore we too will be made perfect just as He is perfect.
Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 8:31pm On Dec 09, 2018
Lord Jesus
Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 6:10pm On Dec 10, 2018
Yes Lord
Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 9:53pm On Dec 11, 2018
Ok
Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by Bellafinesse(m): 2:26pm On Feb 10, 2019
please does anyone know of any church in Ibadan were grace based messages are taught. Even if not 100%, at least about 90%. I don tire for concoction and mixtures. When you know, you know.
Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 9:11pm On Mar 24, 2019
Yes Lord
Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 7:00pm On Jan 28, 2020
Yes Lord
Re: What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 9:51pm On Jan 29, 2020
Now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Is It Biblical To Pray For A Life Partner? / What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? / Thank God For One Thing In Your Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.