Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:33 PM

Taxi-drones Carrying Passengers To Go On Sale In Dubai And Las Vegas, Soon - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Taxi-drones Carrying Passengers To Go On Sale In Dubai And Las Vegas, Soon (1052 Views)

Nasa Testing ‘AIR Taxi’ That Shuttles You Across Cities In Minutes(Pix, Video) / Hungry Hyena Carrying Severed Head Of Zebra In Its Mouth In South Africa (Photo) / Top 5 Positive And Negative Effects Of Drones You Should Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Taxi-drones Carrying Passengers To Go On Sale In Dubai And Las Vegas, Soon by LaudableXX: 1:54am On Jul 27, 2018
This people-moving drone has completed more than 1,000 test flights | The flying taxi could soon be spotted in Dubai and Las Vegas.
By Jeffrey Lin and P.W. Singer

Most drones are small, and carry nothing except cameras. But Ehang Corp, a major Chinese drone maker, has been busy testing its Ehang 184 flying taxis, a drone designed to transport people. It's now completed more 1,000 test flights with and without passengers, as CNN reports.

Ehang burst onto the international scene at CES in Las Vegas in 2016, promising a dream of personal robotic transportation by drone. Now it looks like it's made good on its promise, with more tests to follow in Dubai and Las Vegas. Importantly, the 1,000-plus flights have involved a broad range of conditions, including traveling in inclement conditions.

Built with carbon fiber panels and lightweight aluminum frame, the Ehang 184 uses the latest in battery tech, airframe construction, and electric motors.

With eight electrically-powered rotors, the Ehang 184 can fly for 10 miles at speeds of up to 80 mph or more—a handy way to hypothetically beat the traffic to airports in places like New York, Las Vegas, and Shanghai. One hang-up: it's meant for just one passenger, though it's been stress-tested with a payload of 500 pounds. Another hang-up: it can only carry people and cargo for 23 minutes.

The Ehang 184 debuted at CES in 2016. The key to the Ehang 184's operations is its automated flight system; its flight computer pulls data from onboard sensors and uses satellite navigation to chart the safest path. If damaged, it's designed to make a controlled descent to safe ground.

The Ehang 184 is one of several serious passenger drone companies looking to take to the skies—Airbus is another contender. While automated passenger drones would make urban commuting easier (at least initially for anyone who can afford to ride—travel like this tends to be pricey), the flight performance and AI behind them could revolutionize retail logistics. Chinese retailer JD, for instance, is experimenting with payload delivery drones that can lift up to one ton. And drones like this also have military potential for uses in situations like carrying supplies, evacuating personnel, and transporting special forces.

https://www.popsci.com/ehang-passenger-carrying-drone#page-2
Re: Taxi-drones Carrying Passengers To Go On Sale In Dubai And Las Vegas, Soon by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:58am On Jul 27, 2018
Technology is bae
Re: Taxi-drones Carrying Passengers To Go On Sale In Dubai And Las Vegas, Soon by lovetrust(m): 8:34am On Jul 27, 2018
See as other nations dey make progress for technology...

Even keke we never begin do.

Keke is sold for over 700k now.....

No be copy, copy China take grow reach where dem dey now....

Make our govt copy keke technology at least, start from keke, make we produce am for 9ja.....sell am to our people cheap......

How many keke dey Nigeria....

Let's do a small mathematics:

If keke for Nigeria na 10m pieces.

And assuming we buy am for 500k each on an average...

10m * 500k = 500billion naira.

Na 500billion naira nigerians send go give India be dat o.

U never check Benz , Toyota, Audi, nissan, honda, Volkswagen, BMW, maybach, Bentley, lambo, Mazda, Kia, Hyundai, geely, etc.....then check mobile phones.

Na wa o.

Only keke 500 billion naira capital flight estimate don enter India from Nigeria be dat o....

Imagine how much we don give other countries to collect their cars......

Tax when Google, Amazon, apple alone dey pay American govt pass our recent Nigerian budget ......

Go check am o......

Nigerians when dey abroad, make Una dey copy this technology come home na....

Una when dey plan to go.....make Una plan to copy oyibo technology come back.....we need am.

No be to dey open yansh upandan for Instagram ......slay mama and slay papa we need now.

Make we wise up o.....

We know be slave of buy buy .....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Taxi-drones Carrying Passengers To Go On Sale In Dubai And Las Vegas, Soon by LaudableXX: 2:44pm On Jul 28, 2018
More pictures of the Ehang 184 Drone:

Can you imagine flying drone taxis being deployed across Apapa to beat the traffic congestion? cheesy

cc: lalasticlala, autojosh, explorer, totit
Re: Taxi-drones Carrying Passengers To Go On Sale In Dubai And Las Vegas, Soon by LaudableXX: 2:49pm On Jul 28, 2018

Re: Taxi-drones Carrying Passengers To Go On Sale In Dubai And Las Vegas, Soon by totit: 5:15pm On Jul 30, 2018
LaudableXX:
More pictures of the Ehang 184 Drone:

Can you imagine flying drone taxis being deployed across Apapa to beat the traffic congestion? cheesy

cc: lalasticlala, autojosh, explorer, totit

Sorry I missed this one. I was off.

O yes, I do. But don't you think Lagos is kinda congested,choking for such level of tech?

Well.. well.. well I can't say much now though but let's see how it goes..

grin

1 Like

Re: Taxi-drones Carrying Passengers To Go On Sale In Dubai And Las Vegas, Soon by LaudableXX: 5:18pm On Jul 30, 2018
totit:
Sorry I missed this one. I was off.

O yes, I do. But don't you think Lagos is kinda congested,choking for such level of tech?

Well.. well.. well I can't say much now though but let's see how it goes..

grin

Don't joke with Lagos, o! Do you know how many buildings have helipads, these days? cheesy These drones can land there, or even park in any of them. In fact the reason Lagos needs these drones, is to help people like me, beat traffic and congestion! cool

Lagos can absorb this level of tech. Have you seen what the guys in the SW are doing with robotics, software, tech gadgets and all?
Re: Taxi-drones Carrying Passengers To Go On Sale In Dubai And Las Vegas, Soon by totit: 5:23pm On Jul 30, 2018
LaudableXX:

Don't joke with Lagos, o! Do you know how many buildings have helipads, these days? cheesy These drones can land there, or even park in any of them. In fact the reason Lagos needs these drones, is to help people like me, beat traffic and congestion! cool
Lalala la cheesy
I do agree oo grin

But..but..but we in the mainland may not be considered or put into consideration. Ya know your own mansion na for island e be? grin

On a more serious note, do you see such in mainland at all talking about orile, agege, mile 2/12, badagry, alagbado et al?

Hehehehehe grin

Chei mainland Don suffer. I look forward to these sha grin

1 Like

Re: Taxi-drones Carrying Passengers To Go On Sale In Dubai And Las Vegas, Soon by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 5:24pm On Aug 01, 2018
Wonderful technological advancement.

You may want to check my signature in blue below also.

(1) (Reply)

What Are Smart Contracts? / Beware! Multiple Interswitch Scamming Sites And Messages / Mtn Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.