Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,692 members, 7,802,017 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:57 AM

Dos And Don'ts Of Summer Fashion - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Dos And Don'ts Of Summer Fashion (5057 Views)

Sneak Peek Into Spring/summer Fashion Trends For 2016 / The 8 Dos And Don’ts Of Wearing Denim On Denim / Summer Fashion Trend: Colour Blocking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dos And Don'ts Of Summer Fashion by chika98: 2:10am On Jun 17, 2010
Ladies and Gentlemen. . . the weather is looking great out there. Let's us throw things in here that will help each and every one of us look great and fashionable this season grin

DON'T [/b]wear flip flops if your feet has hundreds of callus on it. Coroney looking feet should be covered at all times
[b]DON'T
over do the trend thing. Wearing everything you got from the high street is a no no. You have to mix things up
DON'T wear sunglasses inside at a party. The sun is outside and not inside your house/party.

DO [/b]wear clinical strength deodorant is you have hypersensitive under arms. No body wants to see you sweating like an Xmas goat on the dance floor
or in a random photo on facebook. Ladies we all know how you lot like to put your hands on your waist. Look well before you do that incase of incacities. Also
none of the white streak on your armpit either. Fashion faux pas.

[b]Do
wear things that accentuate your body habitus. This means no trying to dress like Rihanna when you have backside like Monique grin
Re: Dos And Don'ts Of Summer Fashion by mohawkchic(f): 2:48am On Jun 17, 2010
~ On Point!
Re: Dos And Don'ts Of Summer Fashion by Pweety4me(f): 2:52am On Jun 17, 2010
'DON'T wear sunglasses inside at a party. The sun is outside and not inside your house/party.'

I do see a lot of people do that. . .hehe i think they think it's cool or maybe they got a black eye or somefin!
grin tongue

'
Re: Dos And Don'ts Of Summer Fashion by chika98: 2:53am On Jun 17, 2010
mohawkchic:

~ On Point!

LOL You have to add yours MC. Go ahead. We all have to contribute grin
Re: Dos And Don'ts Of Summer Fashion by chika98: 3:19am On Jun 17, 2010
More grin

DON'T wear weaves that are old and sweat-ed out. It looks even more ridiculous in the summer
DON'T [/b]be too marchy marchy and please keep all the colors of the rainbow in the sky where they belong. Wearing some color is good but over doing it is bad!
[b]DON'T
wear foundation that doesn't match your skin tone.
Re: Dos And Don'ts Of Summer Fashion by 0hsisi: 3:25am On Jun 17, 2010
By all means ladies do not tuck your shirt in or wear tight hugging outfits if your gut protrudes like Ini edo's
It's very unflattering
Re: Dos And Don'ts Of Summer Fashion by 0hsisi: 3:26am On Jun 17, 2010
If you are pear shaped ,please don't wear straight skirts
Let them flare out a bit at the bottom so you don't look ridiculous
Re: Dos And Don'ts Of Summer Fashion by 0hsisi: 3:31am On Jun 17, 2010
If you know your thighs look like tubers of new yams at Ahiajoku festival please keep away from minis
We know it's hot but spare onlookers that ugly sight.

If you don't know your bra size,please go get measured.
The spill overs and muffin tops look nauseating to fellow females especially if they have stretch marks that look like Ogbomosho tribal markings

If you are bigger than a size 10, throw away your thongs and by all means don't wear them underneath low rise jeans
No one wants to see those triangular dirty rags rising up when you sit in front of them or bend down to pick stuff,besides
the older women may place some powerful curses on you.
Re: Dos And Don'ts Of Summer Fashion by mohawkchic(f): 3:34am On Jun 17, 2010
~You touched on most of the things that are such a turn off . .and wud have been top of my "DONT" list. . anywho here goes. . .

DONT
~Dont wear White pants under White/Beige Linen Trousers/skirts! Dont wear your big ole draws with visible panty lines on east & west of the equator!!

~Go out w/o a bra!! Setting those hostages free aint a good idea!! For the well endowed woman,Dont pop those babies out like a bomb waiting to explode!

~Dont wear Jeggings,Leggings/Treggings as pants if you have a farge the shape of a fist!!

~Wear backless shoes if You're the poster child for "Cracked heels" & have fragments of a map as a nail polish on your hands/toes!!Cracked heels on display are such a

~Buy clothes one size too small & think you'll pull it off. . you'll end up looking like stuffed "Cor-boh-cor-bor" AKA (Aubergine)

Do

~Rally up your best to best dark colour knickers if you plan on wearing  neutral tones/shades!! Buy sheer/seamless knickers to avoid Visible Panty Lines

~Get a decent bra to strap em babies in. . .holding them "Hostage" is serving a greater purpose to the public!! For the well endowed woman,Creating cleavage doest mean popping all your bosoms out. . just giving it a cleft works just fine!!

~Wear a Shirt/Tee that covers the crotch if you wearing  Leggings/Jeggins/Treggings. . . Puhleeaze!!

~Get a pedicure,DIY if you have to!! scarpe away all the dead skin on your heels. . . Some gr8  tips on this threadnairaland.com/nigeria/topic-5062.0.html

~Do apply a fresh coat of nail polish if the tips are chipped on your toes or fingernails. . .

~Buy clothes in your actual size & rock You accentuating your best assets!![b] Warning!![/b]Use with Caution!!
Re: Dos And Don'ts Of Summer Fashion by Nobody: 3:36am On Jun 17, 2010
DONTS:

1. Dont Wear too much makeup if your sweat glands are hyperactive during the summer time.
Re: Dos And Don'ts Of Summer Fashion by mohawkchic(f): 3:38am On Jun 17, 2010
~Lawd are day day! Ar don laff tire . . .
Re: Dos And Don'ts Of Summer Fashion by 0hsisi: 3:38am On Jun 17, 2010
Don't shave off your eyebrows and draw them in with markers  either on the original spots or 30 degrees higher
You look ridiculous
Re: Dos And Don'ts Of Summer Fashion by 0hsisi: 3:41am On Jun 17, 2010
If you have white and blue eye make up handed down from your mother and granny as a family inheritance,reject them.
They look like dulux paint
You look like adanma masquerade in Nkanu local government area of Enugu state
Re: Dos And Don'ts Of Summer Fashion by Nobody: 3:42am On Jun 17, 2010
2. Dont wear long weaves [nothing longer than shoulder length] during the summer. If you do, I assure you it'll always end up in a ponytail [waste of money!
Re: Dos And Don'ts Of Summer Fashion by Nobody: 3:44am On Jun 17, 2010
DON'T wear sunglasses inside at a party. The sun is outside and not inside your house/party.

LMAO grin grin
Re: Dos And Don'ts Of Summer Fashion by 0hsisi: 3:46am On Jun 17, 2010
Natural and neutral lip color or close to it is the way to go.
Those hot red ones especially on a dark skin tone makes you look like you just drank a pint of blood and forgot to wipe your lips with a napkin

By all means look in the mirror and flash your teeth after applying lipstick
Those lipstick marks on teeth makes the person look like a retired hooker from Miami Florida
Re: Dos And Don'ts Of Summer Fashion by Nobody: 3:47am On Jun 17, 2010
0hsisi:

Natural and neutral lip color is the way to go.
Those hot red ones especially on a dark skin tone makes you look like you just drank a pint of blood and forgot to wipe your lips with a napkin

By all means look in the mirror and flash your teeth after applying lipstick
Those lipstick marks on teeth makes the person look like a retired hooker from Miami Flrida
I was just gonna type this.

Been seeing this trend in a lot of black ppl recently. Not cute!
Re: Dos And Don'ts Of Summer Fashion by Nobody: 3:49am On Jun 17, 2010
DO

1. Do try to let air in your armpits once in a while. Unless you'll end up with wet armpits.
Re: Dos And Don'ts Of Summer Fashion by 0hsisi: 3:52am On Jun 17, 2010
When in doubt ladies please buy a bigger size of blouse
There's no need telling people you wear an 8 when you know deep within that is a lie from the pit of hell.

What's the point wearing an 8 when you need safety pins to hold the bursting buttons and keep your boobs from escaping when they can breathe easier in a 10 or even 12?
Onlookers already know your size,you might as well tell yourself the truth
Re: Dos And Don'ts Of Summer Fashion by Nobody: 3:55am On Jun 17, 2010
^^^ ROTFLMAO ! grin
Re: Dos And Don'ts Of Summer Fashion by 0hsisi: 3:59am On Jun 17, 2010
For the guys please make sure those jeans  pants and capris you buy from Okirika are not for females.
When in doubt please follow this rule of thumb

1.does it have flowers at the pockets or sides?
2.are their some shiny areas or sequins any where on it
3.Do you see any purple or pink anywhere around it?
4.Do the sizes say 12,14,16 and not 32,34,36 for male waist sizes?
5.Does the fastener consist of hooks and buttons(as some female pants do)
6.Is the waist elastic (like some female pants)

I am sick of Nigerian males wearing female clothing
Re: Dos And Don'ts Of Summer Fashion by chika98: 3:59am On Jun 17, 2010
Died! YOU pipo have killed me with laugh! OMG grin grin grin grin grin Ohsisi won't kill me for my mother tonight o! grin grin grin grin
Re: Dos And Don'ts Of Summer Fashion by Pweety4me(f): 4:02am On Jun 17, 2010
^I know right! cheesy grin
Re: Dos And Don'ts Of Summer Fashion by Nobody: 4:04am On Jun 17, 2010
0hsisi:

For the guys please make sure those jeans  pants and capris you buy from Okirika are not for females.
When in doubt please follow this rule of thumb

1.does it have flowers at the pockets or sides?
2.are their some shiny areas or sequins any where on it
3.Do you see any purple or pink anywhere around it?
4.Do the sizes say 12,14,16 and not 32,34,36 for male waist sizes?
5.Does the fastener consist of hooks and buttons(as some female pants do)
6.Is the waist elastic (like some female pants)

I am sick of Nigerian males wearing female clothing

*Death* grin grin grin grin
Re: Dos And Don'ts Of Summer Fashion by chika98: 4:07am On Jun 17, 2010
*grasps for air*
stuffed "Cor-boh-cor-bor" AKA (Aubergine)

Zap.i.n.g dead! He heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee grin grin grin grin
Re: Dos And Don'ts Of Summer Fashion by 0hsisi: 4:10am On Jun 17, 2010
If you're on your period and wearing a pad please please,I beg you in the name of the Lord, who created you and me ,do not wear polyester pants, people can see the lump at your back when they're walking behind you.
Re: Dos And Don'ts Of Summer Fashion by Nobody: 4:12am On Jun 17, 2010
somebody tell this 0hsisi to stop alright grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin That is so true men lolzzzzzzzzz.
as for me, I don't go by the size, I go for clothes that fit well on my body. There is nothing like having
clothes that fit well.
Re: Dos And Don'ts Of Summer Fashion by chika98: 4:16am On Jun 17, 2010
rokiatu:

somebody tell this 0hsisi to stop alright grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin That is so true men lolzzzzzzzzz.
as for me, I don't go by the size, I go for clothes that fit well on my body. There is nothing like having
clothes that fit well.

better to wear something that fits rather than look like a stuffed animal. lol
Re: Dos And Don'ts Of Summer Fashion by Pweety4me(f): 4:17am On Jun 17, 2010
Ewww Ohsisi ur eyes dey see things o. . . undecided embarassed lipsrsealed
Re: Dos And Don'ts Of Summer Fashion by 0hsisi: 4:18am On Jun 17, 2010
If you're wearing a girdle and people can see the demarcation on your thighs where the girdle ends, you might as well wear the thing over your outfit.
There's no point hiding it underneath when there are neon signs pointing to it's exact locations.
Re: Dos And Don'ts Of Summer Fashion by 0hsisi: 4:19am On Jun 17, 2010
You girls,I've been around a while
I have seen it all
Re: Dos And Don'ts Of Summer Fashion by Pweety4me(f): 4:21am On Jun 17, 2010
^R u Male or female?. . .ages above 30?. . .40? . . .50 and above? grin lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Nigeria Ladies No Longer Wear Pants / What Cream Do I Use To Get Rid Of Wrinkled And Dull Skin / Amazing-this Makeup Artist Can Transform Herself Into Anything (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.