Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,476 members, 7,808,725 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:01 PM

No Admission For Students With Tattoos At Akwa Ibom University - V.C - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / No Admission For Students With Tattoos At Akwa Ibom University - V.C (17941 Views)

Ekpo Iniobong Threatens To Sue Akwa Ibom University Over His Expulsion / 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me / AKSU Student Suspended Indefinitely For Calling Her V.C “foolish” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Admission For Students With Tattoos At Akwa Ibom University - V.C by damoskiy(m): 4:42pm On Jul 27, 2018
Freeman50:
ofcus, they will trick you to go for medicals. The males and females will be directed to separate rooms. You will be instructed to remove all your clothes expect the undies and your name will be ticked on the list if no mark is found.

So you would go for medicals before admission ?

You can have tattoos on your buttocks or Pelvic area.
Re: No Admission For Students With Tattoos At Akwa Ibom University - V.C by piagetskinner(m): 4:43pm On Jul 27, 2018
can you wear a tatoo for a job interview?...

I bet no reasonable company would employ such an individual. he might be an intelligent individual but based what they see he is a potential threat to the image of such company...

same goes with the university..they admit students who would upon graduation, be found to be worthy of learning and character..I know there are other pressing matters..but this one is important as well
Re: No Admission For Students With Tattoos At Akwa Ibom University - V.C by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jul 27, 2018
Onogiede:
the difference between you and goat is just horns because u actually proses goat character
Sai Sai Baba. if you like goan die lazy ipob yoot

Re: No Admission For Students With Tattoos At Akwa Ibom University - V.C by nextstep(m): 5:10pm On Jul 27, 2018
SMH... because people wearing tattoos are the ones who ruined this country abi? tongue
Re: No Admission For Students With Tattoos At Akwa Ibom University - V.C by Premiumwriter: 5:15pm On Jul 27, 2018
Maximus85:

We have moved from the age of sanity and good moral standard to a decadent age and time and for sure you're one of the ambassadors.
there is no generation that does not say this. Go read jehovah witness 1914 watchtower and you'll find that the preachers then call that time one of the most sinful time.

Well here you are saying the same thing. People should learn to embrace changes. Simply because things are no longer the way they are doesn't mean they are wrong.
Re: No Admission For Students With Tattoos At Akwa Ibom University - V.C by Xeeman(m): 5:33pm On Jul 27, 2018
[quote author=Mcoutureankara post=69749392]BY DIAMONDZ BLOG

The Vice Chancellor of the Akwa Ibom University, Prof. Eno James Ibanga, said his university does not give admission to students with tattoos.

He made the disclosure in an interview with newsmen, saying that students are thoroughly screened before being admitted, also to check that they do not belong to cults. One of the criteria for admission is the no-tattoo policy.

Source;
http://diamondzblog.com.ng/2018/07/27/no-place-for-students-with-tattoos-at-aksu-v-c/

[/Good move sir.

Imaging this story came from the north some foooools would have been saying Islamozation agenda.]
Re: No Admission For Students With Tattoos At Akwa Ibom University - V.C by Pchidexy(m): 5:47pm On Jul 27, 2018
Maximus85:

Cristiano Ronaldo don't have one sir. This is a criteria for a top role model.
You are really stupid. What has tattoo gotten to do with someone being a role model? Please, sell your father's land (if he has any), use to money to travel out of Nigeria.

The current president of Croatia is a woman with beautiful tattoos.

2 Likes

Re: No Admission For Students With Tattoos At Akwa Ibom University - V.C by Hottenrennie: 6:03pm On Jul 27, 2018
Let them just give this country another name... or just Merge it with Dubai... I can’t shout
Re: No Admission For Students With Tattoos At Akwa Ibom University - V.C by adidison(m): 6:27pm On Jul 27, 2018
DonDemu:
....He has done more than that. Wawa biri

Biri kuma? Ana magana, ana gin tsoron Allah! Buhari hasn't don that baba
Re: No Admission For Students With Tattoos At Akwa Ibom University - V.C by cornel994(m): 6:33pm On Jul 27, 2018
Maximus85:

We have moved from the age of sanity and good moral standard to a decadent age and time and for sure you're one of the ambassadors.

so looks determines character right? I pity ur children
Re: No Admission For Students With Tattoos At Akwa Ibom University - V.C by udyraph(m): 6:37pm On Jul 27, 2018
How does tatoo affect him? He should also stop smoking, drinking and tribal marks. Nonsense.
Re: No Admission For Students With Tattoos At Akwa Ibom University - V.C by adidison(m): 6:37pm On Jul 27, 2018
piagetskinner:
can you wear a tatoo for a job interview?...

I bet no reasonable company would employ such an individual. he might be an intelligent individual but based what they see he is a potential threat to the image of such company...

same goes with the university..they admit students who would upon graduation, be found to be worthy of learning and character..I know there are other pressing matters..but this one is important as well

What makes tattoos immoral? Because of tattoo he is a threat? Depends on the tattoo and location ... if I draw a tattoo of a skull on my forehead I won't even be able to work even at McDonald's but if I have tattoo of something I love, name or cross on my biceps what's wrong in that. Abeg the man should focus on more important things.

1 Like

Re: No Admission For Students With Tattoos At Akwa Ibom University - V.C by IMASTEX: 6:48pm On Jul 27, 2018
muzeze77:
How did this man get a PhD, maybe from the same school as Jonathan. So every one with a tattoo is a cultist and those without are not cultist. Wonderful
I keep saying we have more educated illiterate in Nigeria. EFCC should investigate his administration in the school. I personally don't like tattoo. But not to write off people that wearing it.

1 Like

Re: No Admission For Students With Tattoos At Akwa Ibom University - V.C by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jul 27, 2018
adidison:

Biri kuma? Ana magana, ana gin tsoron Allah! Buhari hasn't don that baba
Karya kakeyi
Re: No Admission For Students With Tattoos At Akwa Ibom University - V.C by addicted268(f): 7:09pm On Jul 27, 2018
Mcoutureankara:
BY DIAMONDZ BLOG

The Vice Chancellor of the Akwa Ibom University, Prof. Eno James Ibanga, said his university does not give admission to students with tattoos.

He made the disclosure in an interview with newsmen, saying that students are thoroughly screened before being admitted, also to check that they do not belong to cults. One of the criteria for admission is the no-tattoo policy.

Source;
http://diamondzblog.com.ng/2018/07/27/no-place-for-students-with-tattoos-at-aksu-v-c/

SMH
Re: No Admission For Students With Tattoos At Akwa Ibom University - V.C by paduaultimate: 7:10pm On Jul 27, 2018
How does no tatoo checkmate Cultism?? Confused nation!!
Re: No Admission For Students With Tattoos At Akwa Ibom University - V.C by bendike: 7:16pm On Jul 27, 2018
DonDemu:
I Love Baba Buhari with the whole of my heart. I wish he can be President for Life. I wish. How I wish.
DonMUMU grin grin grin grin
Re: No Admission For Students With Tattoos At Akwa Ibom University - V.C by crafteck(m): 8:00pm On Jul 27, 2018
EmmyDJourno:

Does a tattoo make one any less intelligent than someone else

Schools are made to enlighten the masses to trigger productivity.... Not discriminate

Schools are to promote culture, teach you to blend in or stand out i the society you intend to stay. Schools teach you how to learn what's good for you and an idea of the end result.. With tattoos you belong more to the happening class like music industry than to the boring learning class in schools..
Re: No Admission For Students With Tattoos At Akwa Ibom University - V.C by adidison(m): 8:00pm On Jul 27, 2018
Freeman50:
ofcus, they will trick you to go for medicals. The males and females will be directed to separate rooms. You will be instructed to remove all your clothes expect the undies and your name will be ticked on the list if no mark is found.

That's the dumbest thing I have ever heard, go through all that stress for tattoo? What if I get a tattoo after getting admitted nko? Fact, most people get tattoos when they while in Uni or after Uni.

Black/ African countries focus our time and energy on the wrong things.
Re: No Admission For Students With Tattoos At Akwa Ibom University - V.C by adidison(m): 8:01pm On Jul 27, 2018
DonDemu:
Karya kakeyi

Ok then put me through if you don't mind
Re: No Admission For Students With Tattoos At Akwa Ibom University - V.C by Freeman50(m): 8:08pm On Jul 27, 2018
adidison:

That's the dumbest thing I have ever heard, go through all that stress for tattoo? What if I get a tattoo after getting admitted nko? Fact, most people get tattoos when they while in Uni or after Uni.

Black/ African countries focus our time and energy on the wrong things.
Well, the exercise will be carried out before names can be shortlisted. Getting the tattoo after admission? hence, don't think anything can be done to such a person.
Re: No Admission For Students With Tattoos At Akwa Ibom University - V.C by adidison(m): 8:09pm On Jul 27, 2018
Freeman50:
Well, the exercise will be carried out before names can be shortlisted. Getting the tattoo after admission? hence, don't think anything can be done to such a person.

So why waste time doing it? What's the whole point?
Re: No Admission For Students With Tattoos At Akwa Ibom University - V.C by six1996(m): 8:26pm On Jul 27, 2018
Why can't they check our pant if I tattooed my dick.. foolish men
Re: No Admission For Students With Tattoos At Akwa Ibom University - V.C by bukatyne(f): 8:33pm On Jul 27, 2018
otokx:
Is this not at variance with Human rights?

Well, the school has the rights to set whatever screening standards they want.

A bank for instance wouldn't employ a guy with dreads or a person with visible tattoos.

Are they infringing on Human Rights?

No.
Re: No Admission For Students With Tattoos At Akwa Ibom University - V.C by osazsky(m): 8:51pm On Jul 27, 2018
EmmyDJourno:
Double standards from this our useless parent's generation

Do you know how many Billionaires who we celebrate today as role models who wear Tattoos

If Messi comes to Akwa Ibom state now, you would see him rushing for a selfie

Yeyeribles.....mtchewee
oga face front ,u can't be wearing a tatto and u are suffering tattoos are for d elites, I saw one mumu trekking under d hot sun with dreadluck,low waiste trouser, tattoo and ring in his nose,d guy already made him self a soft target he was suppose to b inside a car ,venza ,if stray bullet hit am while trekking now dem go say SARS wicked .
Re: No Admission For Students With Tattoos At Akwa Ibom University - V.C by Bibby25(m): 9:10pm On Jul 27, 2018
Only in Nigeria can this happen,where the citizen doesn’t have there own free will....��‍♂️��‍♂️��‍♂️
Re: No Admission For Students With Tattoos At Akwa Ibom University - V.C by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jul 27, 2018
bendike:
DonMUMU grin grin grin grin
DonUwarka
Re: No Admission For Students With Tattoos At Akwa Ibom University - V.C by babeosisi: 9:24pm On Jul 27, 2018
This is local news for indigenes
I don't think people are trooping over to attend akwa ibom state University
What is the name for short?
Is it akwasu grin grin
I'll rather attend poly at Owerri than a glorified secondary school
Are they also testing for virginity?

1 Like

Re: No Admission For Students With Tattoos At Akwa Ibom University - V.C by Maximus85(m): 9:29pm On Jul 27, 2018
Pchidexy:
You are really stupid. What has tattoo gotten to do with someone being a role model? Please, sell your father's land (if he has any), use to money to travel out of Nigeria.

The current president of Croatia is a woman with beautiful tattoos.

I've not displayed any stupidity here, you've just shown us all what it means to be stupid. Your father will surely have regretted not doing a quick withdrawal. Oponu oshi. Keypad warrior.
Re: No Admission For Students With Tattoos At Akwa Ibom University - V.C by Freeman50(m): 9:29pm On Jul 27, 2018
adidison:

So why waste time doing it? What's the whole point?
well, that's their business.
Re: No Admission For Students With Tattoos At Akwa Ibom University - V.C by xtervaganza(m): 9:31pm On Jul 27, 2018
If the VC is this dumb I wonder the kind of graduates they produce

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jane Ottah Expelled By RSUST For Hearing Challenges Returns To School / Jamb Utme 2011 Registration With Fingerprint Scanner / UNILAG Becomes First Nigerian University To Get TV License – Official

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.