Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,835 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:42 PM

Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? (31631 Views)

Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? / Should A Born Again Christian Look Sexy in Public? / Should A Born Again Christian Involve In Active Politics? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by cooooooks(m): 1:22pm On Jul 29, 2018
Your personal happiness should trump your religion.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by Olabenjamen22(m): 1:23pm On Jul 29, 2018
yazach:

See the truth is that devil is about to win you because only devil will wishper marrying a Muslim woman to you. I am a Muslim and I pray I end as a Muslim.

Please don't allow devil to use you

Lolz but you won't say this had it been it was your Muslim brothers that want to marry a Christian sister.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by madridsta007(m): 1:25pm On Jul 29, 2018
Moukandjo:

But I just interpreted exactly the Bible verse you quoted!

A quick question, are you a Christian?
I hope I can get a "yes" or a "no".
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by Solorrman(m): 1:26pm On Jul 29, 2018
honey001:
NO!
thou shalt not be unequal yoke together with unbelievers......

2 Cor. 6:14
Don't team up with those who are unbelievers. How can righteousness be a partner with wickedness? How can light live with darkness?
christianity is not a religion in d first place rather its a cult bkos jesus christ was never closer to been god or his son and 3 is equal to one. First reason jesus never gave christianity a name that the religion he brought name was christianity infact his name was never a christ,secondly jesus was sent to only israel as a prophet of god as he uttered i was sent to the lost sheeps of israel he didnt say d whole world,thirdly he never once said u should go to church on sundays or dance and sing as a way of worship,thirdly and the must bitter truth is jesus never said even once i am a god and there are a clear signs that he would have never became or claim to b god. Jesus christ was d only said god in human history to be having anus and penix and mind u they are not a decoration but fully functional,and there is no way a sane man can believe despite having all this structures and visiting toilet to defeacate he could have been god almighty. U will b embarrass now if i say ur mother has anus and she is now in the toilet shittinng but u believe a god almighty can do sht and urinate and u also believe he was beaten to a pulpand crossified,u believe he once got tired and even rested and bible narrated a very disappointing story that jesus dnt even know a divine power when he feels hungry and he saw tree of a particular fruit,he hastly get there in order to eat but get it non fruit,that means jesus was only a guy and servant of god but never god bkos god is ever pure he can never go to toilet to shitt,god can never have anus pls stop this shitt. U are worshipping a god of shitt.

1 Like

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by Moukandjo: 1:26pm On Jul 29, 2018
madridsta007:

A quick question, are you a Christian? I hope I can get a "yes" or a "no".
Yes!
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by Bashirfuntua(m): 1:28pm On Jul 29, 2018
op show us the video were God talk to you. religion is not meant for Africa
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by madridsta007(m): 1:28pm On Jul 29, 2018
Moukandjo:

Yes!

Great.
Do you have that verse in your Bible?
If you do, how do we feel we should treat it? Cheery-pick it?
I would actually love to know so I can learn from you.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by Sleekfingers: 1:29pm On Jul 29, 2018
Africans and religion.. Mofos
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jul 29, 2018
delkuf:
Please I need your advice. Is so happened that I know this lady for years now. we are good friends. But the problem is, I know that as a Christian we can't really get married because she is a Muslim. So I have been trying to keep the relationship on just us being friends, even though I love her and I know She has this little feelings for me. If I had been serious, I know we would have gotten married or close to that, but I keep avoiding her and sometimes I do it on purpose.

Now, where I get really confused is that, any time i pray for God's will in marriage, she keeps coming to my mind. This is not infatuation or something. It has been happening over and over again. I know God also talk to us through giving us this deep impression in our heart.

It was so deep on day that I told the Holy Spirit that I can't marry her. I spoke with my pastor this week concerning this issue, and he said it is not possible for God to tell us to marry a Muslim and this thing keeps coming. am really confuse. because of this, have not been praying concerning marriage.

PLEASEEEEEE, I need Christians to comment on this.

please don't try it....is like marrying a terrorist into ur home..M

the peace u enjoy will be a thing of the past....never try such.
Channel ur love to other circus.

1 Like

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by luggy(m): 1:30pm On Jul 29, 2018
capital NO:::::::
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by kofo844: 1:32pm On Jul 29, 2018
delkuf:
thanks very much. I just feel like why approach her, if I know I may not get married to her. there was a day I heard a voice. I don't know how true it is, when I listing the reasons why I can marry her, and why she keep to my mind, the voice said, am I the one to convert. am judging her as a sinner was it not the same way you were also a sinner and God saved you. can't God also change/convert her. am not making it up. this was what I heard. and since then, I don't think have prayed for marriage. I don't know if it's true. what can you say concerning it. please reply

You are a very confused human being. You are confused personified

Check what you are hearing, the source,,,,,, cos it's glaring to me that you are hearing yourself not God.

And pleased do type-read your text very well before posting it..... One could barely understand what you are writing
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by luvola(m): 1:34pm On Jul 29, 2018
Sadiyaene:

I am a Christian my man is a typical Muslim yah
pm me pls
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by Moukandjo: 1:34pm On Jul 29, 2018
madridsta007:

Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?

— 2 Cor 6:14
This is exactly what I responded to, bro! And that's why I asked this below:
Moukandjo:

In other words, if Christianity = righteousness & light, then Islam = wickedness & darkness, right?
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by Sadiyaene(f): 1:35pm On Jul 29, 2018
[quote author=luvola post=69803172] pm me pls[/quotes

How
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by Azam101: 1:36pm On Jul 29, 2018
Meekha:
Well, lemme not say that we are both sailing on the same ship but my own situation seems very similar to yours. I really helped her in the time when she needed help most and the help happened to be very timely and this made her fall in love with me. But there are many problems here
1. I am 7 years older than her (Which I do not find really ideal but nevertheless can cope or change my views shaa)
2. She is a Muslim and I am a BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN who wouldn't' give up my Christian faith for any reason, though I was born a Muslim, I converted to Christianity along the way.
3. She is from a super rich family and I am only a worker hired by her dad to help coach her where she had deficiencies. I am a graduate who is just trying to make ends meet and this job is very dear to me.
4. I have made a personal commitment to myself against falling in love with people I coach but then, this seemed to be very very different!
5. The parents of the girl have a high level of trust for me or an unusual likeness so they treat me better than other co-workers maybe it's because I deliver an exceptionally excellent service plus I am very hospitable and I consider it one of the greatest wrong I will do to betray their trust.
6. I know that it is a great woe on her part if her parents never find out about her emotional connection to me because it is a big TABOO for Muslim girls to marry Christian man though the reverse is permissible!
7. She is a Hausa-Fulani girl while I am from the middle belt: A clash of culture and social values.
8. I will end up putting the saviour who connected me with the family in a big trouble and this may result in the robbing of other young people like me of their prospects. The list seems endless.

Of a truth, I love the girl and she is of the view that she can marry a Christian cos her religion permits it (i knew it's not true, she was just speaking out of love). I currently have been putting up a stern face whenever we meet but this seems to be fanning the flames of desires even the more. The more I get to see her, the more my resolve weakens as per not dating her. Whenever I pray, her pictures keep flashing before my face as if to say that she is the One and I dream a lot about her these days. She is more than beautiful (know these typical beautiful Hausa-Fulani girls)

THE TRUTH!!!
Christianity does not encourage marrying people of the opposite religion and so if one does it, it may not be the best choice!!
God save us!!!
You want to reap where you didn't sow kwantinui!
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by spencekat(m): 1:37pm On Jul 29, 2018
No
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by yazach: 1:38pm On Jul 29, 2018
Olabenjamen22:

Lolz but you won't say this had it been it was your Muslim brothers that want to marry a Christian sister.

Sure because

Our religion allows it but your religion forbade it(now ask yourself who will advise you to go against your religion?? Obviously devil)
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by mrrights: 1:38pm On Jul 29, 2018
Many Muslim men marry Christian ladies and allow them to practice their religion. Why can't you marry her and allow her practice her religion?

Idiagbon, former deputy head of state was a Muslim.
He married a Christian and allowed her practice her religion.
Tinubu is a Muslim, but he allows his wife Remix practice her Christianity
Fashola is a Muslim, he allows his Christian wife practice her religion.
Abdulfatai Ahmed of Kwara State is a Muslim, he allows his Christian wife practice her religion.

Too many but to mention just few.

Is there no longer freedom of religion?

1 Like

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by omotai(f): 1:40pm On Jul 29, 2018
Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by mytym(m): 1:41pm On Jul 29, 2018
delkuf:
Please I need your advice. Is so happened that I know this lady for years now. we are good friends. But the problem is, I know that as a Christian we can't really get married because she is a Muslim. So I have been trying to keep the relationship on just us being friends, even though I love her and I know She has this little feelings for me. If I had been serious, I know we would have gotten married or close to that, but I keep avoiding her and sometimes I do it on purpose.

Now, where I get really confused is that, any time i pray for God's will in marriage, she keeps coming to my mind. This is not infatuation or something. It has been happening over and over again. I know God also talk to us through giving us this deep impression in our heart.

It was so deep on day that I told the Holy Spirit that I can't marry her. I spoke with my pastor this week concerning this issue, and he said it is not possible for God to tell us to marry a Muslim and this thing keeps coming. am really confuse. because of this, have not been praying concerning marriage.

Firstly your pastor is still struggling with the knowledge of how holy spirit works.

Was Jesus Christ a Christian? Research on your answers

Now if you are certain Her father (parents and family) doesn't not restrain her from marrying a 'christian',

If you have not been lusting after and calling it love,
If you're certain you see and have a purpose that she marrying you will greatly enhance the fulfilment of that purpose,
If your family isn't against you marrying from a Muslim family,

Then you can pray through...(praying through means while you dating/courting her you pray till her father officially hand her over to you as your wife, that God should not allow his light evade you). Truly if God wants it to be, you will surmount all challenges regardless and your union will grow....

But If God doesn't want you in the union, it will also not be hidden from you.(and this may not even be because she's a Moslem).

Maybe, verily I repeat maybe it's for her soul to be redeemed, and her household. This redemption could happen before or after the marriage...it could happen at her final moments of breath later later in life.

But Timing belongs to God and only God can convert her so pray to God to direct you and touch her however way God will do it.

---------------------------------:---

Most "Christians" will rush to quote do not be unequally yoked with unbeliever.

Most of us do not understand the wisdom that brought about "Unequal Yoking". Holy spirit will teach you all things by His leading in his time.

If she retains God in her knowledge (Romans 1:28), please study the Bible with her, ask her if she studies the Quran diligently, ask her genuine questions about Prophet Isah in the Quran...you will be amused by the things written about Jesus Christ in the Quran.

Use the Bible to teach her further about Jesus Christ and his role in salvation. Prayerfully of course.

If God is interested in you two getting married...Holy spirit will complete the project even before you start. Just be certain you're not deceiving yourself. Marriage is your decision alone.

Shalom.

1 Like

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by Azam101: 1:42pm On Jul 29, 2018
Gold digger! face what took you there!
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by madridsta007(m): 1:42pm On Jul 29, 2018
Moukandjo:

This is exactly what I responded to, bro! And that's why I asked this below:

lol. And I have asked you as a Christian, what your response would be to the poster, "can a born again Christian marry a Muslim lady".
Mine is simple: "no". And I quoted a scripture, which you seem to have a problem with, despite the fact that you claim to be a Christian.
I have asked you, what your response should be to the question is.

I'm not willing to go into an argument on verses and chapters and all that as I think it would be wrong to start that on a thread that simply asks a simple question and needed responses from born-again Christians. That would be derailing the thread. Scope is important in public discourse. I'm happy to do that in any other thread that calls for it. Just tag me.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by malakasea(m): 1:43pm On Jul 29, 2018
Oma307:
who is pastor when God speaks, he knows how it will happen, he doesn't speak and say can I do it, my bro No. have heart to heart conservation with the lady and ask her if she can convert to a Christan, that is if you genuinely love her. if she says no, go back to God since he has spoken and challenge him. I believe God will tell you the way to go about it
It is not posb for her to convert.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by Saintbee: 1:45pm On Jul 29, 2018
ollah2 post=6w9802657:

I want to believe you aren't a Christain. I respect that, huh! But if you re one, you should know that a Christian, is created in God's image and likeness. He is God over all! If a Christian decides to render a service for a muslim company for a certain reward, then, that isn't a problem. Even God causes rain and sun to shine both on the righteous and on the unrighteous

As for the issue of marriage, it is sacred and it's God's means of fulfilling His desires and establishing His will here in the earth. In God's kingdom, two can't work together except they agree together...Hope you get?

Why can't that his God provide job for him In a christian company?
Why is this takes wages and salaries from a Muslim family?
Why is he happy and treated better than some Muslims by the Muslim family?

You these religious people are worst set to hypocrites, especially you Christians
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by sadidia: 1:46pm On Jul 29, 2018
There is no marriage between a practicing Muslim woman and a Christian man whatever may be the conditions. There living together is like formication in the sight of Allah. So no Muslim family dare tried it. In one you see like that is/was not bless by the parents, probably they eloped to get married but Muslim man is allowed to marry Christian woman.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by Olabenjamen22(m): 1:47pm On Jul 29, 2018
LOL,

OPs, dont mind those that said you cannot marry her.

You can marry her if you love her and she love you, you dont need to ask her to convert to Christianity. Am telling you from experience it is her relative(family members) that will frustrate her and let her see the true color of Islam because they cannot stand seeing there daughter marrying a Christians brother so the hatred will be transfer to there daughter head.

I have see a Muslim sister dumping Islam because her father fail to come to her marriage because she choose to marry a Christian.

I saw someone comment on this thread that says that a pastor daughter can marry a Muslim but you cannot see an imam daughter marry a Christian, and the pastors daughter still continue with her religion, that's because are family never chase her or nor did they disowned her because she marry a Muslim but reffers is the case in Islam.

Let me tell you another experience, i have see one imam daughter that fall in love with a Christian brothers but her father disprove it but the lady later go about marrying she lover which later lead to her father disowning her and and Father went to the extent of using so Islamic charm to make her own daughter to turn mad woman, but thanks to God and her husband that didn't leave her during that Period, they later carry the woman to one church where she received deliverance and her father confess what he did.
And that's want make the woman a Christian till now.

So ops what am trying to Said is that never tell the girl to convert to Christianity and go on and marry the girl, her relative attitude will show her what Islam really mean.

they(Muslim) will rather want to see there daughter dead than her marrying a Christian, imaging that kind of mindset.

So ops this is your only chance of showing the girl what Christ Love Is, Love unconditionally.

Jesus is Lord.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by Surrey2Bimshire: 1:49pm On Jul 29, 2018
akinszz:
women don't have religion not until they are married... just saying...

Not true .
Just saying
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by Cumtroller: 1:50pm On Jul 29, 2018
Do not be unevenly yoked...
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by malakasea(m): 1:50pm On Jul 29, 2018
Olabenjamen22:

It is compulsory in our religion.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by generationz(f): 1:52pm On Jul 29, 2018
delkuf:

hmm
I almost said a Big no until I read your full story.

I read the story of a lady who was also in your shoes.

she was a virgin Sunday school teacher and very prayerful. After many failed relationships due to her virginity ,she went to God in prayer.

God directed her to the Facebook account of her old secondary school friend . But the problem was HE WAS A MUSLIM.

she was shocked god what are you saying ,she asked.

that very week the guy contacted her . They began to chat.

God told her not to say anything . she was confusedbbut still held on in faith and kept praying for him.

they were just casual friends for about two years, then he stopped chating with her.
Few months later he contacted her again

He said he lost his mom and in the process of dealing with the pain he gave his life to Christ

He later asked her out and in a few months they both got happily married with her virginity still intact . she told the story two years after looking so happy and blesses with the hubby

do you understand the story?

I know someone whom God showed her something s about her hubby but told her to wait for five good years . she did and is happily married now.

Yea she might be your wife as revealed by the holyspirit .

your pastor isn't helping issues . He or some respected elder in the church that you trust should take up the matter in church. Better still if you want to tell someone to help you pray about it, don't tell the person the name of the girl. just tell them you need finding a wife through prayer.

or why don't you go on a fast so you could receive more revelations from the holy spirit

or tell the holyspirit to pleasssse confirm thorough five men of God. don't divulge anything to them

or tell your born again family members to pray on your behalf.

she might be the one but you might have to wait. before waiting make sure you your revelation is very clear so that you don't waist your time on the wrong person

if she's the one

you will start skabashing on babes head.

wake up every night .for at least one hour pray in tongues concerning her . pray for her to be born again ,for her to be mature in Christ ,and for her to be submissive and anything you want from god to be in her. ( if you like don't do this part it will be your choice if you want to marry an unprocessed material that you may end up having issues with )

I know a lady who a pastor said sis Ruth this is your husband but wait first he needs some work to be done (he wasn't very born again then) . Sis Ruth said, no pastor this one will run away again like the others.

pastor said OK go ahead and Marry him.

she went ahead, from miscarriage,to serious beating, to embarrassment up and down to the lady going insane. She is now a shadow of herself.

1 Like

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by Enasuarez(m): 1:53pm On Jul 29, 2018
hopefulLandlord:
I like how this conversation is made on the base that Christianity is true and Islam is false so everyone is telling him to convert the Muslim to Christianity because, you know, OP would gladly leave Christianity too for islam if the girl asks wink

This is another reason to be an Antitheist, remove religious discrimination, racial discrimination, tribal discrimination and OP would've been asking "Can a Man marry a woman?"

All religion does is divide us and give us one extra reason to antagonise each other as though the reasons we already have aren't enough

Point of correction, Christianity is not a religion rather a way of life. Bible says, we should not be unequally yoked with the unbelievers and also He that findeth a wife, findeth a good thing and obtaineth favors from the Lord. So stop saying you are waiting for the will of God because God will not come down and find wife for you oh, rather you are the person to do the finding. And don't tell me you've not seen any other sister in your church to fall in love with all this while than trying to heat up two families in the name of love. Don't try interpreting the bible to suit you alone and don't be a hearer only, but also a doer of the written Word.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by Sleekfingers: 1:54pm On Jul 29, 2018
Religion got nothing to do with love. Follow your heart. And stop listening to these people spitting trash.

Your religion is your personal shit. I don talk my own o

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Ghanaian Pastor Flaunts Cash He Received As Offering After Church Service / COVID-19 Kills 200 ECWA Mission Supporters / Pastor Andrew Ejimadu Prays 'Money Into His Followers' Accounts. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.