Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,829 members, 7,806,329 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:52 PM

Police Arrest Owner Of Tanker That Caused Otedola Bridge Fire - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Police Arrest Owner Of Tanker That Caused Otedola Bridge Fire (30002 Views)

Foam In Anthony Village Is As A Result Of Tanker Accident- LASG / Photos Of Tanker Which Exploded In Maryland, Lagos / Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Arrest Owner Of Tanker That Caused Otedola Bridge Fire by naptu2: 5:12pm On Jul 27, 2018
Rapid Response Squad @rrslagos767

Homicide detectives from the State Criminal Investigation And Intelligence Department (SCIID), Panti Yaba, investigating the Otedola Bridge tanker fire of 26/6/2018 have arrested the tanker owner, Hassan Yusuf Maiwake in Kano State.

The truck with registration number NSR 888 YQ, driven by a yet to be identified suspect, laden with petroleum product, lost control, spilling its content and went up in flame immediately. 56 vehicles were burnt in the inferno, which killed 9 unidentified persons.

Hassan Maikwe of No.16 Hotoro Limawa, Kano was arrested yesterday. He is now helping the police in its effort to locate the driver of the ill-fated truck.

The CP assures that the Command will do all it can to help families who lost their beloved ones in the accident, find a closure by ensuring that anyone found culpable is brought to book. DNA test to ascertain the true identities of the charred remains of the victims is ongoing.

https://mobile.twitter.com/rrslagos767/status/1022873682203627521

3 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Owner Of Tanker That Caused Otedola Bridge Fire by naptu2: 5:13pm On Jul 27, 2018
More

Re: Police Arrest Owner Of Tanker That Caused Otedola Bridge Fire by thesicilian: 5:18pm On Jul 27, 2018
Good. Hope it's not just for the cameras.

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Owner Of Tanker That Caused Otedola Bridge Fire by dfrost: 5:21pm On Jul 27, 2018
Good work. Finding closure to the ones that lost persons in the inferno is a must. Thumbs up guys.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Owner Of Tanker That Caused Otedola Bridge Fire by drey076(m): 5:23pm On Jul 27, 2018
Good sad

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Owner Of Tanker That Caused Otedola Bridge Fire by Groovenaija360(m): 5:25pm On Jul 27, 2018
angry

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Owner Of Tanker That Caused Otedola Bridge Fire by sospencioni: 5:25pm On Jul 27, 2018
grin
Re: Police Arrest Owner Of Tanker That Caused Otedola Bridge Fire by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jul 27, 2018
angry........This wan na HAUSA grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Owner Of Tanker That Caused Otedola Bridge Fire by PHIPEX(m): 5:26pm On Jul 27, 2018
When will Kemi be arrested for forgery?

36 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Owner Of Tanker That Caused Otedola Bridge Fire by fatymore(f): 5:26pm On Jul 27, 2018
Like the owner gangan
Re: Police Arrest Owner Of Tanker That Caused Otedola Bridge Fire by jerrybakermillz(m): 5:26pm On Jul 27, 2018
Good development... Many life wre lost on dat day
Re: Police Arrest Owner Of Tanker That Caused Otedola Bridge Fire by 3rdavefarms(m): 5:27pm On Jul 27, 2018
Good prison straight

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Owner Of Tanker That Caused Otedola Bridge Fire by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jul 27, 2018
Just do the right thing.

Those booking space ahead of me, I hope no be nonsense una wan tok...

5 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Owner Of Tanker That Caused Otedola Bridge Fire by HDVideos: 5:27pm On Jul 27, 2018
So it's even an aboki that came to cause trouble in lagos. nawa

5 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Owner Of Tanker That Caused Otedola Bridge Fire by VocalWalls: 5:28pm On Jul 27, 2018
His house address should be confidential.

6 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Owner Of Tanker That Caused Otedola Bridge Fire by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jul 27, 2018
HDVideos:

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Owner Of Tanker That Caused Otedola Bridge Fire by Azazi(m): 5:30pm On Jul 27, 2018
DNA for nigeria?
Re: Police Arrest Owner Of Tanker That Caused Otedola Bridge Fire by Arysexy(m): 5:30pm On Jul 27, 2018
Abboki sent by boko
Re: Police Arrest Owner Of Tanker That Caused Otedola Bridge Fire by Olalan(m): 5:30pm On Jul 27, 2018
Arresting him isn't enough, to me its just like making him the scape goat for a system failure. What about the several agencies at the tank farms, on the roads paid with tax payers money who refused to do their jobs by allowing the truck move on the highway.
Btw this will not stop a repeat of such if the real issues of strict compliance to all safety checks and procedures aren't addressed

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Owner Of Tanker That Caused Otedola Bridge Fire by joeace2040(m): 5:32pm On Jul 27, 2018
This is great!

How about learning how to make 2D animation video explainers for Nigerian small businesses and also selling on fiverr to cients around the world? Visit my training thread using my signature ln signature link.

Re: Police Arrest Owner Of Tanker That Caused Otedola Bridge Fire by seyigiggle: 5:36pm On Jul 27, 2018
i hope he insured the truck?
Re: Police Arrest Owner Of Tanker That Caused Otedola Bridge Fire by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jul 27, 2018
Olalan:
Arresting him isn't enough, to me its just like making him the scape goat for a system failure. What about the several agencies paid with tax payers money who refused to do their jobs by allowing the truck move on the highway
I don't get why he should be arrested. Was there a stipulated law that states that petrol tankers should ply on highway, and the man violated the law? Or they're arresting him just because his tanker caused a mayhem? If it's the latter, then they don't have a case against the man.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Owner Of Tanker That Caused Otedola Bridge Fire by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jul 27, 2018
Nice one.. I like lagos state.
Re: Police Arrest Owner Of Tanker That Caused Otedola Bridge Fire by dominique(f): 5:39pm On Jul 27, 2018
Was it the tanker owner that drove it? Not trying to be insensitive but this arrest makes no sense

13 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Owner Of Tanker That Caused Otedola Bridge Fire by addicted268(f): 5:39pm On Jul 27, 2018
Olalan:
Arresting him isn't enough, to me its just like making him the scape goat for a system failure. What about the several agencies at the tank farms, on the roads paid with tax payers money who refused to do their jobs by allowing the truck move on the highway.
Btw this will not stop a repeat of such if the real issues of strict compliance to all safety checks and procedures aren't addressed

My thoughts exactly.its a system failure matter

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Owner Of Tanker That Caused Otedola Bridge Fire by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:42pm On Jul 27, 2018
Very good DEVELOPMENT

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Owner Of Tanker That Caused Otedola Bridge Fire by annnikky(f): 5:43pm On Jul 27, 2018
PHIPEX:
When will Kemi be arrested for forgery?
Her story is a forgotten case already.
Re: Police Arrest Owner Of Tanker That Caused Otedola Bridge Fire by winsh: 5:48pm On Jul 27, 2018
All those fcking tankers have ultimate owners who are northern elites. this guy they arrested is probably a pawn that will be released later
HDVideos:
Re: Police Arrest Owner Of Tanker That Caused Otedola Bridge Fire by somegirl1: 5:49pm On Jul 27, 2018
Why has Dangote never been arrested?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Owner Of Tanker That Caused Otedola Bridge Fire by Proffdada: 5:52pm On Jul 27, 2018
No mugshots? angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Canada Visa Lottery Is A Scam - Beware / Name 10 Best Nigerian Cities / Passenger Sues British Airways After Sitting Next To An Obese Man For 12 Hours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.