Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,638 members, 7,801,847 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:56 AM

Wedding Or M.sc? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Wedding Or M.sc? (631 Views)

250k Job In Nigeria Or M. Sc In Canada / Please Help! Should I Attend The Wedding Or Not? / “Once You Date Me, It’s Either Our Wedding Or Your Funeral” - Lady Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wedding Or M.sc? by tormeewer: 6:49pm On Jul 27, 2018
As a graduate, which option should one take as a priority after school. Some people see M.Sc degree as a better achievement while others see marriage as prefered option after school. If you are to choose one before the other, which one will you choose fitst and give a reason for it.
Re: Wedding Or M.sc? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jul 27, 2018
There a none of it that cannot wait. Second degree and marriage is no longer a big deal. Invest ur money in to ur business and get a second degree when u feel u have pushed money enough into ur future, then think of marriage. I say this because marriage is nothing to look forward to based on real marital stories around
Re: Wedding Or M.sc? by tormeewer: 7:04pm On Jul 27, 2018
Igbokiller:
There a none of it that cannot wait. Second degree and marriage is no longer a big deal. Invest ur money in to ur business and get a second degree when u feel u have pushed money enough into ur future, then think of marriage. I say this because marriage is nothing to look forward to based on real marital stories around
it seems u really don't value marriage as such. Are you saying career is better than marriage?
Re: Wedding Or M.sc? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jul 27, 2018
tormeewer:
it seems u really don't value marriage as such. Are you saying career is better than marriage?
I don't see the big deal in any woman except my late mom. The women in our society makes it even worse for me to appreciate women especwith their kind of mentality. So yeah I don't value marriage as such except I meet my ideal woman which is near to impossible.

Career is Way hell better than marriage, when u look at the idea behind marriage in the Nigerian society, it's about a man and woman fending for themselves and developing and solving petty complicated issues. Some don't even solve. BUT CAREER oh my God if proper faced and devoted to can make u an immortal on the eyes of men. Career can make u achieve the things u want to achieve, places u want to go, people u want to meet.

I love and appreciate hustle and ambition. I'll advice u embrace it more than what the Nigerian society wants u to. An ambitious hustle is on the right path to immortality

3 Likes

Re: Wedding Or M.sc? by boiz2men(m): 7:14pm On Jul 27, 2018
The reason why men marry is cos of procreation. Most baby daddies never marry... Now you know y

The troubles of relationships and courtships are just too much one wonders how marriage will be like.
Re: Wedding Or M.sc? by boylemonade(m): 7:17pm On Jul 27, 2018
From your approach in this situation, it seems you are financially buoyant..
The only thing to consider now is your age..
If you are above 30 then i think you should choose marriage, but if you are below 30 then you should go for your degree..

But if i was you, i will use the money to establish my own business and become my own boss...

Marriage and degree are not running away..

2 Likes

Re: Wedding Or M.sc? by tormeewer: 7:38pm On Jul 27, 2018
Igbokiller:
I don't see the big deal in any woman except my late mom. The women in our society makes it even worse for me to appreciate women especwith their kind of mentality. So yeah I don't value marriage as such except I meet my ideal woman which is near to impossible.

Career is Way hell better than marriage, when u look at the idea behind marriage in the Nigerian society, it's about a man and woman fending for themselves and developing and solving petty complicated issues. Some don't even solve. BUT CAREER oh my God if proper faced and devoted to can make u an immortal on the eyes of men. Career can make u achieve the things u want to achieve, places u want to go, people u want to meet.

I love and appreciate hustle and ambition. I'll advice u embrace it more than what the Nigerian society wants u to. An ambitious hustle is on the right path to immortality
Can you tell me the essence of hustle without having ur own established family to enjoy with u
Re: Wedding Or M.sc? by tormeewer: 7:41pm On Jul 27, 2018
boylemonade:
If you are above 30 then i think you should choose marriage, but if you are below 30 then you should go for your degree..

But if i was you, i will use the money to establish my own business and become my own boss...

not a matter of being financially bouyant, only asking for better choice even as an ambitious person still hoping for the best
Re: Wedding Or M.sc? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jul 27, 2018
tormeewer:
Can you tell me the essence of hustle without having ur own established family to enjoy with u
the essence of hustle with no family to enjoy it with u. Get it straight, first I'm not saying dump marriage for life and face hustle, I'm saying choose hustle over marriage for a long time. Do u know what I mean by immortality? When u are immortal, the world will be ur family. The world will force themselves at u. It will be like having millions of loving families. Theres nothing a rung wearing wife will have to offer u that ladies of the world will not give u more than enough even without marriage.

So get me.with hustle and it's fruits,marriage and family will be petty. Ur hustle contributions to the world can never be too much so u can't miss family.

Each man to his own taste. U can only choose to pick some of my words
Re: Wedding Or M.sc? by Iamgrey5(m): 7:52pm On Jul 27, 2018
Msc all the bruv or lady (I don't know your sex)

First of all, people often underestimate the pressures that comes with marriage. Marriage takes a lot of financial resources and physical energy that will be needed a lot during a masters degree program. Therefore, it is only logical you pursue your masters degree before marriage, if you desire to get such level of academic achievement.

Secondly, Msc is commitment for a period of time, unlike marriage that is probably for the rest of your life or a really long time, hence the decision to complete your masters program is a lot easier than marriage, the fact that you are even comparing the two decisions(a short time and long time impact decisions) means you might not be totally for a marriage (a long time impact decision)

Thirdly, the labor market is getting over saturated in Nigeria, many top companies now demand a masters degree or see a masters degree as an advantage. in addition, a masters degree increases your chances to migrate to advance countries like Canada in the future as a professional.
Therefore, the masters degree will improve your chances of landing a good job that might help to provide for your family when you eventually settle down.

in summary, the importance of completing a masters degree before marriage, if you so desire cannot be over emphasized.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wedding Or M.sc? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jul 27, 2018
boylemonade:

exactly. Marriage specifically is going nowhere. Forget age. There was a thread here on naira land about dangote looking for a wife. As old as dangote is, I read a naira land slaymama, e feminist type "my husband has arrived". U see where marriage waits for men especially when their hustle is real regardless of age?
Re: Wedding Or M.sc? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jul 27, 2018
Igbokiller:
exactly. Marriage specifically is going nowhere. Forget age. There was a thread here on naira land about dangote looking for a wife. As old as dangote is, I read a naira land slaymama, e feminist type "my husband has arrived". U see where marriage waits for men especially when their hustle is real regardless of age?
dangote is a wrong comparison here..dude been married and got a child...he's a Muslim and needs another wife..

next please??

(1) (Reply)

You Have Got A Lover That You Want To Do Whatever You Want Learn This Trick / Love Story : Careless Love, Season 4 Episode 1 / My Opinions On Issues Of Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.