Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,303 members, 7,808,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:30 AM

Airtel Nigeria Is The Most Fraudulent, Criminally Minded Telecom In Nigeria - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel Nigeria Is The Most Fraudulent, Criminally Minded Telecom In Nigeria (2381 Views)

Airtel Nigeria Crashes Data Tariff, Offers More Value On Data Bundles / Airtel Nigeria Introduced It's Own TV App [no Subscription Fee] / Airtel Nigeria Unveils New Number Range, 0901 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Airtel Nigeria Is The Most Fraudulent, Criminally Minded Telecom In Nigeria by exlinkleads(f): 3:57am On Jul 28, 2018
need to ask this question; what has gone wrong in the state of Nigeria as a nation? Why have all the polity known to democracy and organized system of governance not working in this country. It all seems that the corruption baked in the bakery by our so called politicians has sipped into everything in the society while we are still asleep.

Telecommunication operators in Nigeria today are (unequivocally) the most corrupt and criminally minded industry now as am writing this piece. Be it MTN, Glo or Airtel, all of them are the same. While the first two telecom networks manipulates and do their lerceny in a subtle manner, Airtel Nigeria do there's overtly.

I keep wondering how Airtel Nigeria is still in business in Nigeria while over 90% of their customer base are complaining everyday of their gross misconduct, illegal deduction of data and airtime and deliberately advertising a false and incorrect tariff on their network. I mean this people deliberately mislead their customers as they advertise different thing on televisions while they offer half of what they advertise in reality.

In fact, many of their customers left messages on their Twitter handle which has gone unanswered on why they bundled for N2000 and got 3.5gb instead of the 7gb they advertised. I don't blame them really, if not that we have a failed state and a failed system, they can't come to this country and take its citizens for fools.

When renowned journalist, Elias Ozikpu raised the dust and wrote about their thievery and fraudulent manipulation of data in late 2017, (you can read his press release here), everybody thought he was joking. But it has dawned to us that this people are criminals, literarily.

I'm indeed aggrieved as I'm writing this piece. I know few people might be wondering why. Since their customer service cannot rectify anything, hence this piece needs to be put out to the public. I have also included so many complaints on their Twitter handle that they have failed to reply to or resolve.

Airtel Nigeria keeps deducting my airtime and zapping my data since God knows when but this ones that happened recently really opened my eyes. This people really know what they are doing. Each time I load card on my sim, they will continue to be deducting my airtime incessantly and unnecessarily.

They deducted N30 from my airtime under the guise of 902 services about 4 days ago and I called their customer service and the stupid idiot hanged the phone on me. I requested my refund and they didn't do nothing. Yesterday they charged me N50 again on same services which the idiot told me he has deactivated and today again they charged me N150 for the same bullsh*t again.

I called the customer service again and the girl said I was the one that activated the services that I must have clicked a pop up ad or some so and I got mad at the stupid girl. Am not an old man for God sakes that can't read well before clicking anything and moreover, my phone is pretty clean without pop ups. I even tried to stop the services myself, 2 times and it will tell me I don't have such services activated on my phone and yet this Buffoons called Airtel Nigeria will still charge me.

I'm not putting this out there for our government to intervene; NO. Because their own buffoonery is alarming and with NCC not knowing their left from right, the only thing Nigerians need to do is throw away their Airtel sims. And believe me, I have already cut mine into pieces before writing this piece because throwing it away only will be detrimental. I mean someone may see it and pick it and start using it. Which I don't even wish for my enemy.

Below is some of the unanswered complaints curated from their Twitter page..

More @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2018/07/airtel-nigeria-is-most-fraudulent.html?m=1

cc mynd44 lalasticlala

This needs to be in fp

6 Likes

Re: Airtel Nigeria Is The Most Fraudulent, Criminally Minded Telecom In Nigeria by ipobarecriminals: 4:05am On Jul 28, 2018
angry angry sad cheesy sad grin sad Glo is the chief culprit. The way d useless network zap ur card nor be here.I don abandoned d sim plus phone just to receive banking alert only
Re: Airtel Nigeria Is The Most Fraudulent, Criminally Minded Telecom In Nigeria by emmie14: 4:08am On Jul 28, 2018
No be India? Na India get airtel. Indians love of money is like honey and bees .
Re: Airtel Nigeria Is The Most Fraudulent, Criminally Minded Telecom In Nigeria by capatainrambo: 4:31am On Jul 28, 2018
ipobarecriminals:
angry angry sad cheesy sad grin sad Glo is the chief culprit. The way useless network zap ur card nor be here.I don abandoned d sim plus phone just to receive banking alert only
baba glo dey learn wear airtel dey.

i dey fear to load card for my airtel sim.
they will just remove it fiam

even without card they send messages like
"You don't have sufficient balance to continue 9ja football. pls recharge"

then you will be scared to even recharge

12 Likes

Re: Airtel Nigeria Is The Most Fraudulent, Criminally Minded Telecom In Nigeria by ipobarecriminals: 4:32am On Jul 28, 2018
grin grin grin grin grin grin
capatainrambo:

grin
capatainrambo:

Re: Airtel Nigeria Is The Most Fraudulent, Criminally Minded Telecom In Nigeria by Chicagoesontop: 5:06am On Jul 28, 2018

then you will be scared to even recharge[/quote]

Very soon you will be getting alerts like ... any card you recharge now will be deducted because Croatia lost world cup final to France and your Nairabet ticket cut !! grin grin
Re: Airtel Nigeria Is The Most Fraudulent, Criminally Minded Telecom In Nigeria by adeyemik: 5:12am On Jul 28, 2018
All the telecom providers are making money through this fraudulent service subscription act.

You're activated for unsubscribe services by the providers in a subtle way. How is this done? They send you a text message of a useless advert or promo or some funny thing, once you open the message, your line is automatically activated for the 'Content Service', and deductions starts unknowing and unending.

When I discovered, the telecos have turned my number to an ATM � withdrawal terminal, I employed, a stringent solution and it worked.

All phones, allows you to read the first two or three lines before deciding whether to open and read completely or not. Once you get a message from any unknown number or especially short codes or service provider, and the first two or three lines point to an advert or unsolicited message, don't open the message, highlighting the message, and select the block option from the message menu list to block your phone from receiving calls and/or messages from the number or short code.

I restored sanity to my top ups using the above solution.

4 Likes

Re: Airtel Nigeria Is The Most Fraudulent, Criminally Minded Telecom In Nigeria by merit455(m): 5:14am On Jul 28, 2018
NCC is not doing anything, just bribe them and watch how they will permanently keep quiet
Re: Airtel Nigeria Is The Most Fraudulent, Criminally Minded Telecom In Nigeria by cacmatters(m): 5:31am On Jul 28, 2018
I don't know how to stop their 902 code from various deduction
Re: Airtel Nigeria Is The Most Fraudulent, Criminally Minded Telecom In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:57am On Jul 28, 2018
adeyemik:
All the telecom providers are making money through this fraudulent service subscription act.

You're activated for unsubscribe services by the providers in a subtle way. How is this done? They send you a text message of a useless advert or promo or some funny thing, once you open the message, your line is automatically activated for the 'Content Service', and deductions starts unknowing and unending.

When I discovered, the telecos have turned my number to an ATM � withdrawal terminal, I employed, a stringent solution and it worked.

All phones, allows you to read the first two or three lines before deciding whether to open and read completely or not. Once you get a message from any unknown number or especially short codes or service provider, and the first two or three lines point to an advert or unsolicited message, don't open the message, highlighting the message, and select the block option from the message menu list to block your phone from receiving calls and/or messages from the number or short code.

I restored sanity to my top ups using the above solution.

Thanks for sharing this helpful tip

1 Like

Re: Airtel Nigeria Is The Most Fraudulent, Criminally Minded Telecom In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:58am On Jul 28, 2018
I don't know about Airtel but 9Mobile is also complicit in this fraud. I thought I read something about data rollover on Nairaland some weeks ago?

No data is rolling over on 9Mobile and auto subscription is still active on my line.

Each time I leave my Blackberry data on through the night, by the time I wake up, a notification from the bastards telling me I have 10mb remaining would greet me.

What I do to them now is that since the 9Mobile is my secondary line, I just load 500 airtime on it & switch off my data until a day before it expires. I just go on youtube and start downloading videos of Russia's latest military techs until the data is exhausted. grin

5 Likes

Re: Airtel Nigeria Is The Most Fraudulent, Criminally Minded Telecom In Nigeria by Daevid(m): 6:44am On Jul 28, 2018
Airtel that their company will soon burn, these guys are fraudulent, I've lost count of how many times I've stop the useless services they keep activating on my line, it's so bad that I cannot even keep airtime on my line anymore.

1 Like

Re: Airtel Nigeria Is The Most Fraudulent, Criminally Minded Telecom In Nigeria by oluwayimika123: 7:45am On Jul 28, 2018
Everybody that uses Airtel around me complains about their day light robbery and d way they rub it on dier face.

My younger sis dares not recharge her airtel and not exhaust it herself d moment she leaves it 4 a whole day, they would surely deduct part of it.
One of my aunt almost ran mad cos of dis poo last weekend wen almost #200 was deducted from her account. She was just nagging all day as dey kept on reducing her balance and customer care wasn't picking.

The sad thing is my younger sis met one of there customer care agents and she told her pleaded with her to unsubscribe her from all extra packages they must ve subscribed her 4 and she did ch received Msgs that she has been unsubscribed from all of those packages. She recharged her fone d next day and it was still dsame deduction. I was just laffing at her wen she said Airtel has deducted her money again.

It's quite unfortunate that we don't ve govt in dis country we ve NCC and CPC that are supposed to handle dis buh it is none of their biz wen all of their ogas are already settled.
I feel like cursing all of dem dis morning

4 Likes

Re: Airtel Nigeria Is The Most Fraudulent, Criminally Minded Telecom In Nigeria by adewumiopeyemi(m): 8:20am On Jul 28, 2018
If you are not intrested in the sim card throw away the sim card.. undecided undecided
Re: Airtel Nigeria Is The Most Fraudulent, Criminally Minded Telecom In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:51am On Jul 28, 2018
those peeps are crooks! they've subjected me to similar B.S!
Re: Airtel Nigeria Is The Most Fraudulent, Criminally Minded Telecom In Nigeria by Mission2prosper: 9:23am On Jul 28, 2018
Local alibaba very strong virus with rootkits. Check the apps that have permission to send and read messages on your phone you will see some strange apps. Block their access to the internet. Don't try to remove them you can't

problem solved for now.
Re: Airtel Nigeria Is The Most Fraudulent, Criminally Minded Telecom In Nigeria by Jage(m): 9:53am On Jul 28, 2018
Yeah! That's true!!! Criminally minded people...when you've no money to get the real thing than freebies.
Re: Airtel Nigeria Is The Most Fraudulent, Criminally Minded Telecom In Nigeria by EvilMetahuman: 10:16am On Jul 28, 2018
Text dnd to 2442..

Simple as abc.

This is why I like mtn.. you have a code to know if there is any active subscription on your sim before loading to avoid unnecessary deductions like this unlike network that will steal your money first and make you complain later.

1 Like

Re: Airtel Nigeria Is The Most Fraudulent, Criminally Minded Telecom In Nigeria by Nuclearact: 10:57am On Jul 28, 2018
Airtel na complete asshole. My 2.5k naira data plan was due to expire on the 20th of this month so I decided to subscribe to an higher data plan of 3k naira on the 19th to push the expiry date forward as it is on other network.

You won't believe Airtel gave the 3k plan another name and didn't pushed the expiry date forward, that is nothing short of scam. Lost 2.4gb to those bastards.

I jejely do what have always thought of, get a mifi and Glo 4g SIM. That's all.
Re: Airtel Nigeria Is The Most Fraudulent, Criminally Minded Telecom In Nigeria by FrostyButter: 12:01pm On Jul 28, 2018
I thought it was only me... They need to be stopped.
Re: Airtel Nigeria Is The Most Fraudulent, Criminally Minded Telecom In Nigeria by Pricelessangel0(f): 12:32pm On Jul 28, 2018
This is how i resolve my own issues, thank God their sim is the cheapest. So, i dont bother myself, anytime they start misbehaving, i will use the sim and borrow airtime or data, after exhausting, i dumped the sim buy another one and life continues.
Re: Airtel Nigeria Is The Most Fraudulent, Criminally Minded Telecom In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jul 28, 2018
cc: lalasticlala move this thing. All what op said is true
Re: Airtel Nigeria Is The Most Fraudulent, Criminally Minded Telecom In Nigeria by 1899Milan: 2:06pm On Jul 28, 2018
I didnt even know its now this widespread. Happened to me just yesterday (yet again), i was so pissed i rushed to NCC's webpage hoping to be able to report or something.....sadly, those ones complaint form has an option asking if it has been reported to the service provider. I selected No but still, I'm required to provide a ticket number of said report before i can submit. Why bother with the "NO" option? E just be like say nothing wan work for this country.....MAN TIRE!!

1 Like

Re: Airtel Nigeria Is The Most Fraudulent, Criminally Minded Telecom In Nigeria by AyotossFund(m): 2:09pm On Jul 28, 2018
Pricelessangel0:
This is how i resolve my own issues, thank God their sim is the cheapest. So, i dont bother myself, anytime they start misbehaving, i will use the sim and borrow airtime or data, after exhausting, i dumped the sim buy another one and life continues.

same with me, those people re criminals
Re: Airtel Nigeria Is The Most Fraudulent, Criminally Minded Telecom In Nigeria by 1899Milan: 2:20pm On Jul 28, 2018
EvilMetahuman:
Text dnd to 2442..

Simple as abc.

I tried this just now, checked status and it responded i am not currently subscribed to any dnd service. I still stopped anyway, hopping it works.
Re: Airtel Nigeria Is The Most Fraudulent, Criminally Minded Telecom In Nigeria by nonny400(m): 4:25pm On Jul 28, 2018
1899Milan:

I tried this just now, checked status and it responded i am not currently subscribed to any dnd service. I still stopped anyway, hopping it works.

Also, dial *902# and stop any service there. You will see start and stop, choose stop. Since I did that and also sent dnd to 2442, i can recharge and leave it for days, without any problem.

2 Likes

Re: Airtel Nigeria Is The Most Fraudulent, Criminally Minded Telecom In Nigeria by Toyorsih(m): 5:15pm On Jul 28, 2018
nonny400:

Also, dial *902# and stop any service there. You will see start and stop, choose stop. Since I did that and also sent dnd to 2442, i can recharge and leave it for days, without any problem.

That of *902# doesn't work, another one will get subscribed for you... It's that of "DND" to 2442 that works, that was how I solved mine. Used to be a victim too
Re: Airtel Nigeria Is The Most Fraudulent, Criminally Minded Telecom In Nigeria by nonny400(m): 5:33pm On Jul 28, 2018
Toyorsih:

That of *902# doesn't work, another one will get subscribed for you... It's that of "DND" to 2442 that works, that was how I solved mine. Used to be a victim too

I used that of 902 to solve mine and that of my friends. I actually used both.
Re: Airtel Nigeria Is The Most Fraudulent, Criminally Minded Telecom In Nigeria by adedayoa2(f): 5:34pm On Jul 28, 2018
1.5GB that I bought for 1k lasted only 4 days, no be me and airtel again. If them like do promo.

1 Like

Re: Airtel Nigeria Is The Most Fraudulent, Criminally Minded Telecom In Nigeria by Toyorsih(m): 5:52pm On Jul 28, 2018
nonny400:

I used that of 902 to solve mine and that of my friends. I actually used both.

Watch out, they are soon gonna sub him for another if you don't use that of "DND".... Speaking from experience bro
Re: Airtel Nigeria Is The Most Fraudulent, Criminally Minded Telecom In Nigeria by Kezzy24(f): 5:59pm On Jul 28, 2018
1899Milan:
I didnt even know its now this widespread. Happened to me just yesterday (yet again), i was so pissed i rushed to NCC's webpage hoping to be able to report or something.....sadly, those ones complaint form has an option asking if it has been reported to the service provider. I selected No but still, I'm required to provide a ticket number of said report before i can submit. Why bother with the "NO" option? E just be like say nothing wan work for this country.....MAN TIRE!!

I noticed when you make a complaint to Airtel, they don't register a ticket for it but MTN does.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Open The Awesome "Note Editor" In Es File Explorer. / Get Free 3gb Data To Watch Youtube On Airtel / How To Get GLO 50 Thousand Free Airtime

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.