Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,081 members, 7,807,233 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:24 AM

This New Restaurant Called Spyce Uses Only Robots To Cook All Its Meals (video). - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / This New Restaurant Called Spyce Uses Only Robots To Cook All Its Meals (video). (34256 Views)

Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) / We Cook All Kinds Of Food That You Can Imagine. / This App Teaches You How To Cook All Foods Check It Out And Learn How To Prepare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

This New Restaurant Called Spyce Uses Only Robots To Cook All Its Meals (video). by TechCapon(m): 6:27am On Jul 28, 2018
TechCapon

Robots have now found their way into the kitchen and are now cooking delicious meals, no longer for the auto industry or big factories alone. In the city of Boston, United States, four graduates Brady Knight, Michael Farid, Luke Schlueter and Kale Rogers recently launched a new fast food restaurant called Spyce and the most fascinating thing about this restaurant is that the entire kitchen staff are made of robots. Robots are the only ones taking your orders, doing the cooking and dishing the food while the human staff just smile at the customers and make them feel at home while explaining the concepts.

For just $7.50 a bowl, you can eat a variety of meals in both Asian, Latin, Thai, Mediterranean styles. These robots have successfully replaced human chefs with robots and they are extremely fast and efficient. The robots undertake tasks such as cooking or serving food, cleaning kitchens, collecting dirty dishes and preparing beverages.

Customers can place their orders by using the touchscreen computers and select whichever food is on the electronic menu, this order is then sent to the kitchen which is visible to the customers where the food is prepared by robots. The robots collects the ingredients from the fridge, slices the onions, vegetables, and other spices, lights up the stoves and starts cooking. Finally, it’s handed over to a human employee who garnishes it, before being distributed to the customer thereby giving them an experience that’s both high-tech and wallet-friendly.

Each meal is made to order in three minutes or less. While meals are cooked, the customer’s name appears on an electronic display above their food, showing their order. The temperature of the pots are time controlled, and the robots cook each meal consistently. Once finished, the pots are automatically washed using hot water jets before another collection of ingredients is dumped inside. Customers are trooping into the restaurants like ants and they are already calling the restaurant to expand their business to other cities across the country.

The picture above shows the four founders of the company and they said the robots add efficiency and lower operating costs. They believe their new technology has allowed them to deliver incredible meals for $7.50 and serve them consistently. They’re excited to be part of the industry and grow with it.

Is this the beginning of a revolution in the fast-food industry that will see robots taking up most of the jobs meant for humans ? Let’s wait and see.

WATCH VIDEO HERE

SOURCE:https://techcapon.com/this-new-restaurant-called-spyce-uses-only-robots-to-cook-all-its-meals-video/

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: This New Restaurant Called Spyce Uses Only Robots To Cook All Its Meals (video). by Chicagoesontop: 6:30am On Jul 28, 2018
No matter where technology is taking us to, my meals must be prepared by a human !!

86 Likes 6 Shares

Re: This New Restaurant Called Spyce Uses Only Robots To Cook All Its Meals (video). by GOFRONT(m): 6:51am On Jul 28, 2018
And we thought it will end with only sexdoll

27 Likes

Re: This New Restaurant Called Spyce Uses Only Robots To Cook All Its Meals (video). by Nobody: 6:51am On Jul 28, 2018
Chicagoesontop:
No matter where technology is taking us to, my meals must be prepared by a human !!
lol

8 Likes

Re: This New Restaurant Called Spyce Uses Only Robots To Cook All Its Meals (video). by Emekus92(m): 6:53am On Jul 28, 2018
This won't last... just like sex doll

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: This New Restaurant Called Spyce Uses Only Robots To Cook All Its Meals (video). by Rebuke: 6:53am On Jul 28, 2018
I no go chop dat kind food abeg.

4 Likes

Re: This New Restaurant Called Spyce Uses Only Robots To Cook All Its Meals (video). by hadjipapiey(m): 6:53am On Jul 28, 2018
Lobatan shocked
Re: This New Restaurant Called Spyce Uses Only Robots To Cook All Its Meals (video). by dukechilezie(m): 6:53am On Jul 28, 2018
Where are sex dolls?

3 Likes

Re: This New Restaurant Called Spyce Uses Only Robots To Cook All Its Meals (video). by twilliamx(m): 6:54am On Jul 28, 2018
White men always doing great things.

15 Likes

Re: This New Restaurant Called Spyce Uses Only Robots To Cook All Its Meals (video). by topgist(m): 6:54am On Jul 28, 2018
Nice one

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This New Restaurant Called Spyce Uses Only Robots To Cook All Its Meals (video). by ishowdotgmail(m): 6:54am On Jul 28, 2018
Before Buhari finishes his tenure in 2023 am sure something great like this will happen in this country

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: This New Restaurant Called Spyce Uses Only Robots To Cook All Its Meals (video). by nero2face: 6:55am On Jul 28, 2018
My only problem is de possibility of electric shock while eating de foods, those Roborts can malfunction and add some high current elements to the food, those whites are becoming too lazy to do anything themselves

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This New Restaurant Called Spyce Uses Only Robots To Cook All Its Meals (video). by onajison(m): 6:55am On Jul 28, 2018
Odiagwu�
Re: This New Restaurant Called Spyce Uses Only Robots To Cook All Its Meals (video). by hisgrace090: 6:55am On Jul 28, 2018
Beware of belle purging, it is real.
Re: This New Restaurant Called Spyce Uses Only Robots To Cook All Its Meals (video). by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 6:55am On Jul 28, 2018
Mbanu, how am I sure the food itself is not a robot undecided

6 Likes

Re: This New Restaurant Called Spyce Uses Only Robots To Cook All Its Meals (video). by Genniez(f): 6:56am On Jul 28, 2018
Hmm True talk..
Re: This New Restaurant Called Spyce Uses Only Robots To Cook All Its Meals (video). by sthecy(f): 6:56am On Jul 28, 2018
employment will be a source a problem

8 Likes

Re: This New Restaurant Called Spyce Uses Only Robots To Cook All Its Meals (video). by Newpride(m): 6:56am On Jul 28, 2018
I won’t join people to eat meals prepared by robots no matter the sweetness.

When hands that has blood cooks, it’s meaningful than that of robots.

5 Likes

Re: This New Restaurant Called Spyce Uses Only Robots To Cook All Its Meals (video). by cezarman(m): 6:56am On Jul 28, 2018
The robots are better than APC members, so I'll eatsmiley

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: This New Restaurant Called Spyce Uses Only Robots To Cook All Its Meals (video). by DKM123: 6:57am On Jul 28, 2018
This young people keep doling out revolutionary technologies time after time while the rest of us are here on nairaland with our major contribution to humanity being to ensure we are on nairaland first page as tribal NCAN idjiots and constant character assasination, verbal abuse and bullying of our Nigerian women. embarassed embarassed

67 Likes 5 Shares

Re: This New Restaurant Called Spyce Uses Only Robots To Cook All Its Meals (video). by adeneeyee: 6:57am On Jul 28, 2018
Food prepared by Robort keeeeee. God forbid. As from now on na only my wife food I go dey eat. Chikena
Re: This New Restaurant Called Spyce Uses Only Robots To Cook All Its Meals (video). by Nobody: 6:57am On Jul 28, 2018
TechCapon:
Is this the beginning of a revolution in the fast-food industry that will see robots taking up most of the jobs meant for humans ? Let’s wait and see.

Thanks for sharing this

But think about it: what do you actually mean by jobs meant for humans?

Routine monotonous tasks generally do not bring out the best in humans.

Any technology that frees man from such life-sucking torture is welcome

And the good thing is: even as mindless jobs get weaned off, man is free to develop more sublime tasks and so more rewarding jobs are created.

For instance, those robots aren't going to maintain or program themselves.

Thanks again

31 Likes

Re: This New Restaurant Called Spyce Uses Only Robots To Cook All Its Meals (video). by Vanityupnvanity(m): 6:57am On Jul 28, 2018
we are getting there gradually
Re: This New Restaurant Called Spyce Uses Only Robots To Cook All Its Meals (video). by lovelymind(m): 6:58am On Jul 28, 2018
Can robot Cook fufu and egusi grin . Na there Nija pass oyibo grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: This New Restaurant Called Spyce Uses Only Robots To Cook All Its Meals (video). by zealadjay(m): 6:59am On Jul 28, 2018
No problem!
Shebi na robot dey cook d meal? When d tin go begin vex say na him dey do all d labour work, we go see whr e go lead una to!!!
After sex robot-doll, it is nw cook doll or wat "cook robot"..
Re: This New Restaurant Called Spyce Uses Only Robots To Cook All Its Meals (video). by iheartellah(m): 6:59am On Jul 28, 2018
I sorta prefer it if my "food" is cooked natrally but this dope too smiley
Re: This New Restaurant Called Spyce Uses Only Robots To Cook All Its Meals (video). by Lirqur: 6:59am On Jul 28, 2018
It's funny how we think technology is here to help us, although true, the next phase of technology isn't going to help much. It just shows that humans are becoming obsolete. But it's advancement proves one thing though, and it is synonymous with what Allah(swt) has insinuated. "That it is humans that him and he doesn't need anyone" Technology is gearing us to the part stylishly that we don't need humans everything can be done.

From another angle, its shows that Allah(SWT) could have made us robots if he wanted to but he choose to give us freewill. That is, he let us make the conscious decision to serve him, unlike being created as robots, automatically to serve. grin grin

Intro to the Dajjal. (Anti-christ)

Salaam.

3 Likes

Re: This New Restaurant Called Spyce Uses Only Robots To Cook All Its Meals (video). by Nobody: 6:59am On Jul 28, 2018
O ga ju. I wonder how this world will look like in 20 years time.

This means more people out of a job very soon.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This New Restaurant Called Spyce Uses Only Robots To Cook All Its Meals (video). by Nobody: 6:59am On Jul 28, 2018
Its welcome but sooner those smiling staffs would be hurting & unemployed.... Very soon undecided

1 Like

Re: This New Restaurant Called Spyce Uses Only Robots To Cook All Its Meals (video). by dermmy(m): 7:00am On Jul 28, 2018
Keep all poisonous substance out of reach of robots grin

1 Like

Re: This New Restaurant Called Spyce Uses Only Robots To Cook All Its Meals (video). by remele2(f): 7:01am On Jul 28, 2018
only if the robot knows i like Nchawu leaf in my okra or ogbono soup, den i can eat
Re: This New Restaurant Called Spyce Uses Only Robots To Cook All Its Meals (video). by abbeyty(m): 7:01am On Jul 28, 2018
They should help us build a robot for 2019 election we need one as a president in this part of the world.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Coconut Rice Made The Easy Way / The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. / Would You Eat This Strange Looking Yam(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.