Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,398 members, 7,781,145 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:41 AM

Defectors To Apc Chairman: Oshiomhole Will Eat His Words In 2019 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Defectors To Apc Chairman: Oshiomhole Will Eat His Words In 2019 (19673 Views)

SKC Ogbonnia: How Oshiomhole Will Cause Buhari's Defeat In 2019 / APC Chairman, Oshiomhole Wears New Look (Photo) / APC Chairman Oshiomhole Meets Galadima, R-APC Chairman (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Defectors To Apc Chairman: Oshiomhole Will Eat His Words In 2019 by dre11(m): 6:39am On Jul 28, 2018
By Onwuka Nzeshi, Biodun Oyeleye, Muhammad Kabir, Baba Negedu, Philip Nyam 

As a sequel to the outburst of the chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, in which he carpeted the defectors from the ruling party, saying they have no electoral value, some of the affected politicians yesterday hit back at the former governor of Edo State, vowing to prove their worth at the next general elections in 2019.

Most of the defectors, who now belong to the main opposition group, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), were of the view that Oshiomhole would know their electoral values in 2019.

Ibrahim: Talk is cheap

First to fire the salvo was the Chairman, Senate Committee on Banking and Financial Institutions, Senator Rafiu Ibrahim (Kwara South). While blasting Oshiomole for dancing back and forth, the senator asked the APC chairman to stop being hypocritical.

“Talk is cheap, February 2019 is around the corner. The chairman has been talking from two sides of his mouth lately. We are in another party now, they should leave us alone and concentrate on the crisis in their party”, he said.

Kwankwaso: Wait till the chips are down

On his part, a former governor of Kano State, Senator Rabiu Kwankwaso, who spoke through one of his aides, Binta Sipikin, said the APC chairman should not be in a hurry to test their political weight but should wait till 2019 to see what they could prove.

Sipikin, who said her boss’ electoral values would speak out in 2019, said: “Let me remind him on how Kwankwaso nearly emerged the APC presidential flagbearer in 2015, which clearly shows how popular Kwankwaso is. “It is not a fiction that Kwankwaso in 2015 APC primaries in Lagos came second to Buhari which shows clearly in Nigerian politics he is a force to be reckoned with”.

She promised that Kwankwaso and his followers would surely show a political difference under the PDP, which he helped formed. “Let me said clearly that by 2019, we will show to the whole world that Kwankwaso is truly a force to reckon with when it comes to Nigerian poli-tics”.

2019 will decide, says Reps Atunwa Chairman of the House of Representatives Committee on Justice, Hon. Razak Olatunde Atunwa, who coordinated the defection of members in the lower chamber, has said he will not join words with Oshiomhole.

Atunwa, who described Oshiomhole as a factional chairman of the APC said: “I won’t join words with Adams Oshiomhole. But I am sure you know and the whole world knows the value of the caliber and quality of leaders and politicians that have exited the APC”.

Continuing, Atunwa, who represents Ilorin West/Asa Federal Constituency of Kwara State, said Oshiomhole couldn’t say that of their leaders, who any politician could ignore at his own peril. “In Kwara State, you can check whether the Senate President, Bukola Saraki, is a politician that would lose an election.

Has he ever lost an election? You should also check in Sokoto if Governor Tambuwal is a pushover; you can also go to Kano and check if Senator Kwankwaso, a two-time governor, a former minister and a serving senator does not have electoral value. “So, for anyone to be saying that we are of no electoral value, I will ask them to wait until 2019 and see who has no electoral value.

It is not about shouting on the pages of newspaper” The former commissioner and one-time speaker of the Kwara State House of Assembly noted that; “As I said before, our defection is not about individual interests but it is about the people; it is about democracy and it is about good governance.

“If you had listened to Buba Galadima, he said Nigeria is sliding into anarchy. There is impunity and lack of respect for rule of law. We are not in a popularity contest but when the time comes, we will all know who has no electoral value”, he concluded.

Defection has jolted APC –Rep Ossai

Also reacting to Oshiomhole’s declaration, chairman of the House Committee on Ethics and Privileges, Hon. Ossai Nicholas Ossai, said it was laughable that the party chairman suddenly discovered that the defecting lawmakers were of no electoral value.

“It is laughable that Oshiomhole is now saying our colleagues who defected have no electoral value. Is it now that he discovered this? When he was going about begging them and visiting their houses, they were of electoral value?

“The fact of the matter is that the defection has jolted the APC and the chairman has seen defeat starring him in the face so he can afford to describe our members who strayed to the APC but have now come back home. PDP is a party of peace, a party of honour and a party that respects human life and dignity”.

Ossai who represents Ndokwa East/Okwuani Federal Constituency of Delta State said: “I have just been honoured by the people of Benue State with an award. I can tell you that the people are angry with the APC, nobody there will vote for APC.

So, is Oshiomhole saying Governor Ortom is of no electoral value? Why were they begging him not to dump the APC? “I think his outburst is a cry of impending defeat. The APC is disorganised and of course, more defections are expected in the days ahead. But the simple point is change has collapsed”, he stated.

Oshiomhole ignorant, combative labour style, disservice to the APC –Rep GBillah

Also responding to Oshiomhole’s position, chairman of the House of Representatives Committee on Petroleum Resources (up stream), Hon. Mark Terseer Gbillah, said “it is unfortunate that Oshiomhole has come with his combative labour union style into the chairmanship of the APC and is going to be the greatest disservice to the APC”.

Gbillah who represents Gwer West / Gwer East Federal Constituency of Benue State opined that Oshiomhole’s “unguarded comments are only confirming to some of us that there is no democracy in that party.

“When he talks about no electoral value, does he realise that the President did not come to my constituency to campaign? The President came to my state but stopped at the state capital and he forgets that I carried out the campaign for him? When he talks about going back to where we belong, he forgets that some of us have never been members of the PDP.

“I have never been in politics before 2014, but I saw the APC as a decent platform where I could realise my dream of serving my people diligently; but I found out that is not the case.

“What is the APC saying about the imposition that is going on under Oshiomhole as chairman in Bauchi, where the governor has singlehandedly picked somebody to run for the Senate as replacement for the late Senator Wakil? “But all I can say is that when 2019 comes, we shall know who actually have electoral value because it was the president that rode on our backs to win elections in 2015.

“So, for Oshiomhole to think that people who won elections to come here (National Assembly) have no electoral value is very unfortunate and it shows the ignorance of the chairman of the party himself.

“He said he was not losing sleep over our defection yet, he is not sleeping till 2am holding nocturnal meetings. So, he is talking from both sides of the mouth and eroding the credibility that he had in him

https://newtelegraphonline.com/2018/07/defectors-to-apc-chairman-oshiomhole-will-eat-his-words-in-2019/

5 Likes

Re: Defectors To Apc Chairman: Oshiomhole Will Eat His Words In 2019 by Herdsmen: 6:46am On Jul 28, 2018
Apc going going

Gone!

Oshiomhole can keep barking...dog wey dey bite..no dey bark

85 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Defectors To Apc Chairman: Oshiomhole Will Eat His Words In 2019 by Chicagoesontop: 6:47am On Jul 28, 2018
Ghen Ghen !!

8 Likes

Re: Defectors To Apc Chairman: Oshiomhole Will Eat His Words In 2019 by Merimental(m): 6:51am On Jul 28, 2018
" a former governor of Kano State, Senator Rabiu Kwankwaso, who spoke through one of his aides, Binta Sipikin, said the APC chairman should not be in a hurry to test their political weight but should wait till 2019 to see what they could prove."
Oshiomole has no idea he is indirectly Gingering dis Men to prove der worth there4 Fighting for Pdp instead..

73 Likes

Re: Defectors To Apc Chairman: Oshiomhole Will Eat His Words In 2019 by Nogodye(m): 6:52am On Jul 28, 2018
2019 is near.We will knw who we eat is words or who we regret his action...the end will justify the means.

4 Likes

Re: Defectors To Apc Chairman: Oshiomhole Will Eat His Words In 2019 by Vanityupnvanity(m): 6:56am On Jul 28, 2018
that we shall see when the time comes

2 Likes

Re: Defectors To Apc Chairman: Oshiomhole Will Eat His Words In 2019 by Racoon(m): 7:24am On Jul 28, 2018
This was exactly former president Jonathan was deceived & he lost."Pride goes before destruction and a haughty spirit before a fall"

10 Likes

Re: Defectors To Apc Chairman: Oshiomhole Will Eat His Words In 2019 by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:26am On Jul 28, 2018
grin
Re: Defectors To Apc Chairman: Oshiomhole Will Eat His Words In 2019 by ehinmowo: 7:34am On Jul 28, 2018
Oshiolmole the undertaker.

Buhari has destroyed APC with his impunity.

35 Likes

Re: Defectors To Apc Chairman: Oshiomhole Will Eat His Words In 2019 by capatainrambo: 7:34am On Jul 28, 2018
We know buhari 6million kano vote is on the bin

zombies should lie to themselves all they want.

the same buhari yaradua use take clean ground for north. thank God it's now a nothern Muslim Muslim contest.

kwara gone

taraba gone

sokoto gone

benue gone

kano gone

plateau gone

adamawa gone

they should not bank on s.w vote. those guys won't vote buhari. apc may clinch gubernatorial elections there.

but buhari has not achieved and he has absolutely nothing to campaign with.

it's on record pdp pooled 48% of the votes in Lagos in 2015. and to think Lagos was apc then.

+ the fake change mantra sweeping the country then.

I'd love to see buhari win in Lagos now.

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Defectors To Apc Chairman: Oshiomhole Will Eat His Words In 2019 by Hector09(m): 7:40am On Jul 28, 2018
Remind me of justin timberlake song cry me a river, given the chairmanship to oshomole spoil everything for Apc he dont ve respect for his fellow party member and he dont ve respect for any body that remind me of go and dia lady

7 Likes

Re: Defectors To Apc Chairman: Oshiomhole Will Eat His Words In 2019 by Naza25: 7:41am On Jul 28, 2018
All of them na the same thing, wayo people
Re: Defectors To Apc Chairman: Oshiomhole Will Eat His Words In 2019 by Nobody: 7:44am On Jul 28, 2018

APC a useless party indeed

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Defectors To Apc Chairman: Oshiomhole Will Eat His Words In 2019 by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:44am On Jul 28, 2018
No he won't, you will!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Defectors To Apc Chairman: Oshiomhole Will Eat His Words In 2019 by point5: 7:47am On Jul 28, 2018
Osho na disgrace n disappointment to Nigerians,,cud remember vividly how this cow was seriously agitating n protesting as labour minister during OBJ regime...was seriously thinking he was doing it for our benefits..

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Defectors To Apc Chairman: Oshiomhole Will Eat His Words In 2019 by Nobody: 7:53am On Jul 28, 2018
Politics is somehow funny these days
Re: Defectors To Apc Chairman: Oshiomhole Will Eat His Words In 2019 by Bossontop(m): 7:53am On Jul 28, 2018
Apc na mumu party aswear.......make i start d laf wey i go laf dem for 2019 from now

[img]https:///media/3-18-2018/Mgd9b8.gif[/img]

13 Likes

Re: Defectors To Apc Chairman: Oshiomhole Will Eat His Words In 2019 by victorazyvictor(m): 7:55am On Jul 28, 2018
capatainrambo:
We know buhari 6million kano vote is on the bin

zombies should lie to themselves all they want.

the same buhari yaradua use take clean ground for north. thank God it's now a nothern Muslim Muslim contest.

kwara gone

taraba gone

sokoto gone

benue gone

kano gone

plateau gone

adamawa gone

they should not bank on s.w vote. those guys won't vote buhari. apc may clinch gubernatorial elections there.

but buhari has not achieved and he has absolutely nothing to campaign with.

it's on record pdp pooled 48% of the votes in Lagos in 2015. and to think Lagos was apc then.

+ the fake change mantra sweeping the country then.

I'd love to see buhari win in Lagos now.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Defectors To Apc Chairman: Oshiomhole Will Eat His Words In 2019 by automatix: 7:56am On Jul 28, 2018
[quote author=Racoon post=69769600][/quote] you have said it. What baffles me is how everything that happened during PDP road to defeat has also happened under APC.

3 Likes

Re: Defectors To Apc Chairman: Oshiomhole Will Eat His Words In 2019 by bedspread: 7:57am On Jul 28, 2018
This thing don de Hot ooo

20 Likes

Re: Defectors To Apc Chairman: Oshiomhole Will Eat His Words In 2019 by automatix: 7:59am On Jul 28, 2018
point5:
Osho na disgrace n disappointment to Nigerians,,cud remember vividly how this cow was seriously agitating n protesting as labour minister during OBJ regime...was seriously thinking he was doing it for our benefits..
everyone of them do things for themselves. He was just marketing himself then and now that he has gotten it, he true colours has surfaced.

6 Likes

Re: Defectors To Apc Chairman: Oshiomhole Will Eat His Words In 2019 by Nobody: 8:00am On Jul 28, 2018
Same Oshiomhole that couldn't deliver Edo State during 2015 Election even when he was the governor of Edo State, I just dey laugh this go and die of a man grin grin grin grin
Aminu Tambuwa is the best candidate come 2019, he's just 52, very young and active

11 Likes

Re: Defectors To Apc Chairman: Oshiomhole Will Eat His Words In 2019 by papascode: 8:03am On Jul 28, 2018
TINUBU SHOULD JUST TAKE HIS SOUTH WEST REGION AND NEGOTIATE WITH PDP. APC UNDER BUHARI HUMILIATED HIM.

13 Likes

Re: Defectors To Apc Chairman: Oshiomhole Will Eat His Words In 2019 by Mutemenot(m): 8:04am On Jul 28, 2018
point5:

Menh, I was ready to die for osho that year. In fact I believed him 100% not knowing he was fooling me n fellow Nigerians.

18 Likes

Re: Defectors To Apc Chairman: Oshiomhole Will Eat His Words In 2019 by dodelight(m): 8:09am On Jul 28, 2018
He thought he could buy his way into honour after much atrocities. Oshiomole will surely fall! He has fooled Nigerians long enough.

8 Likes

Re: Defectors To Apc Chairman: Oshiomhole Will Eat His Words In 2019 by JegaQuin: 8:10am On Jul 28, 2018
Here is one of the APC defectors that Want to stop Buhari in 2019. He was communicating with his ancestors during plenary after collecting N13.5 million for that month...
#WeStandWithBuhari
#PMB2019

4 Likes

Re: Defectors To Apc Chairman: Oshiomhole Will Eat His Words In 2019 by Ayoswit(f): 8:11am On Jul 28, 2018
K
Re: Defectors To Apc Chairman: Oshiomhole Will Eat His Words In 2019 by Modarun(m): 8:14am On Jul 28, 2018
Oshomo Ole before and after...

6 Likes

Re: Defectors To Apc Chairman: Oshiomhole Will Eat His Words In 2019 by lanre316: 8:15am On Jul 28, 2018
point5:

It's a pity and shameful how Oshiomole who was a defender of the masses then has now become part of the group that oppresses the masses

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Defectors To Apc Chairman: Oshiomhole Will Eat His Words In 2019 by Ziggylady(f): 8:20am On Jul 28, 2018
I am waiting for the Executive part of the defections..i honestly do not care about politicians in Nigeria..

But the pains the defections are giving the loud-mouthed and chest-beating APC zombie supporters is a joy to watch cheesy

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Defectors To Apc Chairman: Oshiomhole Will Eat His Words In 2019 by shizzle1: 8:21am On Jul 28, 2018
I agree

Oshi-omoale is a foolish, loquacious and senseless midget

9 Likes

Re: Defectors To Apc Chairman: Oshiomhole Will Eat His Words In 2019 by shizzle1: 8:24am On Jul 28, 2018
post=69770056:
No he won't, you will!
will you shut your putrid mouth

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Zulum And Shettima Did Not Visit Abba Kyari - Aide Clarifies / Senator Albert Bassey Akpan Dumps PDP / Certificate Forgery: Conspiracy Of Silence Among Buhari’s Appointees Deepens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.