|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,511,430 members, 5,725,801 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 July 2020 at 08:08 AM
|Top 5 Reasons Why You Will Not Be Successful by JobUpdatesL: 6:42am On Jul 28, 2018|
1. Because You Procrastinate– Yes this is one of the more common reasons for most people to never excel in fulfilling their chosen field or business. Instead of taking advantage of every waking moment you make excuses on why you can put it off until tomorrow or put the “grunt” work off until later, which is usually the most important of your daily task. Many will complain about why they’re not successful, but continue to put unimportant events ahead of what really should be a priority to anyone trying to better their situation or build a successful business and the answer is right in front of you and the sad thing is most know it, but fail to do anything about it.
2. Because you’re not patient- Many of us fall into this category and I was once a very impatient person (still am at times) when it came to seeing results with a new venture or goal I wanted to attain. I think the above title is why many of us fall victim to all of these get rich quick schemes we see in our email inbox everyday or on late night TV infomercials. In reality there is no quick-legal ways to get rich or becoming successful anything that is worth attaining will take time to acquire. Many of us abandon a business before we give it time to get over the first years slump or automatically mark it as a failure before it has time to reach its full potential.
3. Because You Blame What You Lack as your Reasons for Failure- Nine times out of ten if you ask any person or entrepreneur why they have failed in finishing or accomplishing a goal their sentence will begin with Because I don’t…. Depending on what field of business they’re in many of us could guess how that sentence will end. The sad reality is that most of us lack one thing or another and many of our predecessors have overcome many obstacles and proven time and time again that where you live, your financial status, your race, location, height, and/or belief has no take on whether or not you will be successful and it is ultimately up to you.
4. Because you wait on Luck or Opportunity (Meal Ticket) to be given to us- In most instances opportunity is not given to you it is created and you’re lucky if you are prepared. That is why it is important to always be prepared for the unthinkable, because opportunities usually arise when you least expect it and that is why in most cases we’re not prepared and that is what we call bad luck. You can’t wait for anything to come to you or for somebody to hand it to you. If you want financing for your business go out and get it, if you want to relocate to another city go do it, if you want to be a millionaire before 25 get to work today not tomorrow anything is attainable with hard work and being persistent no matter how small or large the obstacles to success may seem.
5. Because you will NOT make a change today- Even though this article stated in the beginning that “you will never be successful unless you make a change today” most of us will read it in its entirety and actually agree with its content, but will still go back to our same habits of procrastinating, blaming what we lack, putting together half-thought out ideas with poor execution, never bringing our greatest ideas pass the brainstorming process, being impatient and not persistent, letting someone work harder than you for that number one spot, waiting on our meal ticket, still understanding the odds are against you, but not working harder to overcome them, not taking advantage of all our time on this earth to see our dreams and goals manifest into something greater than we could ever imagine.
Source : https://ukaid.org/2018/07/27/the-top-10-reasons-why-you-will-never-be-successful/
READ THE 5 TIPS TO HELP YOU ACHIEVE MASSIVE SUCCESS
|Re: Top 5 Reasons Why You Will Not Be Successful by Chicagoesontop: 6:46am On Jul 28, 2018|
Op you listed 4 not 5
|Re: Top 5 Reasons Why You Will Not Be Successful by JobUpdatesL: 6:47am On Jul 28, 2018|
Westpac Future Leaders Scholarship for Postgraduate Study in Australia 2018
Deadline: September 5, 2018
The Westpac Future Leaders Scholarship 2018 is now open. The Westpac Future Leaders Scholarship supports exceptional individuals to undertake post-graduate study at one of Australia’s leading universities. Do you have the drive to make a difference? Apply now.
Whether your focus is Asia, new technology or social change we’re offering postgraduate study for talented individuals at Australia’s leading universities. Scholars will be exceptional people, chosen for their potential to make a difference to Australia’s future in one of our three focus areas:
Technology and innovation
Strengthening Australia-Asia ties
Enabling positive social change
Valued at up to $120,000 over, typically, 2-3 years, scholarships will be awarded annually for research or coursework studies at graduate level.
A key feature of the Future Leaders Scholarship is the Leadership Development Program, developed specifically for our Scholars. You’ll experience leadership development beyond the classroom. This nine-month program supports you to build on your strengths, develop targeted leadership capabilities, create career pathways and succeed in your field. The Leadership Development program provides relevant experiences, exposure to global thought leaders and explores key topics related to our focus areas.
Apply here https://ukaid.org/2018/07/24/westpac-future-leaders-scholarship-for-postgraduate-study-in-australia-2018/
|Re: Top 5 Reasons Why You Will Not Be Successful by Vanityupnvanity(m): 6:49am On Jul 28, 2018|
I can see that being patient is very important, op
|Re: Top 5 Reasons Why You Will Not Be Successful by Caseless: 7:07am On Jul 28, 2018|
Do you think most successful people tell how they made it? They'll always give you the usual rhetoric of "hardwork" and some stories from which you got your list from. Some of them whose family influence got them there will tell you they made it not because of their family connection.
Even our oloshos are now claiming "small girl with big God" cos a sugardaddy somewhere is making it work for them.
Even those that sell hard drugs turn around to tell us how your "list" got them them.
Just advice people to keep trying and not every time you win .
Forget it. Those that will be successful will be successful.
|Re: Top 5 Reasons Why You Will Not Be Successful by dominique(f): 10:15am On Jul 28, 2018|
|Re: Top 5 Reasons Why You Will Not Be Successful by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jul 28, 2018|
|Re: Top 5 Reasons Why You Will Not Be Successful by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jul 28, 2018|
Repeated thread but good stuff.
Strong words! The ball is in your/our court(s); make a positive change in your life today, the clock is ticking
|Re: Top 5 Reasons Why You Will Not Be Successful by Neoteny(m): 12:50pm On Jul 28, 2018|
Another day, another bullet list
Keep trying to reduce success to any sort of human efforts
Success is chance, it’s a matter of luck, of being at the right place at the right time out of pure dumb luck
I’ve seen godly people pray and work themselves to the bone and got nothing
I’ve also seen heathens and atheists doing absolutely nothing and getting stupendously wealthy
So...prayers and hardwork are just placebos
10 Likes 2 Shares
|Re: Top 5 Reasons Why You Will Not Be Successful by donbachi(m): 12:51pm On Jul 28, 2018|
Na God dey bless person,no be by brain or u sabi too much...all the same,thanks.
|Re: Top 5 Reasons Why You Will Not Be Successful by Tokziby: 12:51pm On Jul 28, 2018|
This is the reason I laugh at the so called motivational speakers. Streamlining reason to become successful.
What about the people that don't do all the above yet they aren't as successful.
In my own personal opinion I tag it to be fate or chance.
Per chance Dangote was born in the family of Dantata that had links with the FG.
Per chance Otedola was born to the former Governor of lagos state Sir Micheal Otedola who's got links with the oil industry.
Per chance Mark Zuckerberg's girlfriend broke up with him that ignited the ideas the Twins already gave him and met the owner of Napster that took him to the next level.
Per chance the drop outs Bill Gates and Steve Jobs were born in the USA. what if they were born in Naija that didn't even know what computer was in the 70's, talkless of having a garage to starting a business.
The list goes on and on.
The irony of it all is that none of them would ever think they would be among the richest list today, they just kept going and growing till they became what they are now.
Bottomline is being successful is not by I sabi how to do it or na me know am pass, it's per chance of being at the right place, with the right people, at the right location and at the right time.
47 Likes 2 Shares
|Re: Top 5 Reasons Why You Will Not Be Successful by lahify(m): 12:54pm On Jul 28, 2018|
Neoteny:most successful people create their luck, praying for grace at church day in day out would get you no results, pray and work hard and smart.
|Re: Top 5 Reasons Why You Will Not Be Successful by stano2(m): 12:54pm On Jul 28, 2018|
I want to be successful in whatever I find myself doing.
|Re: Top 5 Reasons Why You Will Not Be Successful by Neoteny(m): 12:57pm On Jul 28, 2018|
If they did their first product would be a $10b patented book containing the formula for their success
And i can bet you virtually every human being thinks they’re working both hard and smart
There’s just no ready formula for success. Else a whole lot more than just 1% of 7 billion people would’ve figured it out by now.
|Re: Top 5 Reasons Why You Will Not Be Successful by FrankTalk1: 12:58pm On Jul 28, 2018|
One of the best ways of becoming successful is to study how successful people made it.
See HOW ALIKO DANGOTE ROSE TO BECOME AFRICA'S WEALTHIEST MAN.
|Re: Top 5 Reasons Why You Will Not Be Successful by TissuePaper: 1:00pm On Jul 28, 2018|
Caseless:i couldn't have said it any better
|Re: Top 5 Reasons Why You Will Not Be Successful by Lonestar124: 1:00pm On Jul 28, 2018|
Because you can't hold a tight relationship with you creator...who maketh rich and added no sorrow.
Youu want explore the world first, misplaced priorities is the order of your day.
Humility is the key that open a man book of success. It birth patient, long suffering, temperance, obedience.
4 Likes 2 Shares
|Re: Top 5 Reasons Why You Will Not Be Successful by TissuePaper: 1:01pm On Jul 28, 2018|
stano2:what do you mean by Chai
|Re: Top 5 Reasons Why You Will Not Be Successful by CyberEBOLA(m): 1:03pm On Jul 28, 2018|
ONLY PEOPLE WHO WILL BE SUCCESSFUL WILL SEE THIS THREAD AND CHECK IT.
|Re: Top 5 Reasons Why You Will Not Be Successful by adegeye38(m): 1:08pm On Jul 28, 2018|
Because you are not born again and dont follow biblical principles
|Re: Top 5 Reasons Why You Will Not Be Successful by karlboss: 1:15pm On Jul 28, 2018|
There is no formula for success. I feel it's a personal thing. Someone that was born under the bridge grew up and made effort to rent one room is successful in his own little way. The list is endless. Except you are talking about being wealthy that is a different topic.
My problem is number 2 and I feel it goes with age as a man mature the pressure to make money increases because of responsibility. So it's normal for that attitude of anything wey bring money Na work.
|Re: Top 5 Reasons Why You Will Not Be Successful by Melison(m): 1:25pm On Jul 28, 2018|
Success comes in different angles,it must no follow protocols though, nice one op
|Re: Top 5 Reasons Why You Will Not Be Successful by ziggyzee: 1:27pm On Jul 28, 2018|
Per chance, Apple co-founder Ron Wayne who sold his shares for just $800 in 1976 to pay his bills was at the wrong place, with the wrong people, at the wrong location and at the wrong time.
|Re: Top 5 Reasons Why You Will Not Be Successful by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jul 28, 2018|
Screw it, I am successful.
|Re: Top 5 Reasons Why You Will Not Be Successful by ekensi01(m): 1:50pm On Jul 28, 2018|
That No. 3 Is An Objection.
|Re: Top 5 Reasons Why You Will Not Be Successful by limitless777(m): 1:57pm On Jul 28, 2018|
Chicagoesontop:R U kidding
|Re: Top 5 Reasons Why You Will Not Be Successful by limitless777(m): 1:59pm On Jul 28, 2018|
even Mark ZUKERBERG, Facebook founder and CEO is an atheist.
|Re: Top 5 Reasons Why You Will Not Be Successful by remi4ever(m): 2:44pm On Jul 28, 2018|
Yeah, I agree with you..
I have my reason...
|Re: Top 5 Reasons Why You Will Not Be Successful by Joedanish: 3:03pm On Jul 28, 2018|
Want to make money online.
Click on the link below.
|Re: Top 5 Reasons Why You Will Not Be Successful by lahify(m): 3:03pm On Jul 28, 2018|
Neoteny:this is so correct. may God bless us all
|Re: Top 5 Reasons Why You Will Not Be Successful by Caleycash(m): 3:19pm On Jul 28, 2018|
Caseless:i wish we could be very friendly for your wise comment... but but Buhari syndrome is affecting you abeg change the change!, Lol
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145