Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,374 members, 7,800,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:30 AM

Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? (17385 Views)

ABF Cream How Effective Is It? / IUI And Surrogacy Treatment At IVF Centre Provides A Solution For Infertility / What Family Planning Are You Using And How Effective Is It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by blessedqueen(f): 10:40am On Jul 28, 2018
[quote author=oshe11 post=69774187]Try it here and end up having a 2nd Wife....

Most Nigerian girls are deceptive[/quo

On point...one day d woman might decide to come for d child seen a cas3 like dat

1 Like

Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by EweduAfonja(f): 10:41am On Jul 28, 2018
Impossible
Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by blessedqueen(f): 10:42am On Jul 28, 2018
My padi lost 10k to dis
Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:42am On Jul 28, 2018
7Alexander:
Yeah, blood is blood. But, will your wife feel so, considering that she didn't actually birth the baby? There is always the risk of emotional difficulties with surrogacy and adoption.

I just made that point too. There's a whole lot involved in surrogacy. It's not as simple as Hollywood has made it to be
Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by health2wealth: 10:42am On Jul 28, 2018
Very effective at TruCare Fertility Clinic

1 Like

Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by IsraelSongz: 10:42am On Jul 28, 2018
Second wife loading...
Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by oshe11: 10:42am On Jul 28, 2018
blessedqueen:
Same....

Some go ask for marriage before 9months sef
Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:43am On Jul 28, 2018
pls visit st.Ives hospital and i.V.F centre ikeja lagos or optimak fertility solutns ayobo lagos...U will surely get wat u need

1 Like

Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by lonelydora: 10:43am On Jul 28, 2018
dominique:

What kind of hospital name is that? Sounds like a baby factory

A well known hospital. They have helped (financially and otherwise) people with medical issues. Even it means going abroad. A big hospital for that matter

1 Like

Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by presh001: 10:44am On Jul 28, 2018
TissuePaper:
Women are trying o... I'll have to give it to them.. Cuz me I can't imagine myself carrying a baby for 9months in my stomach...shout-out to all mothers out there smiley

WOMB not STOMACH
Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by TissuePaper: 10:47am On Jul 28, 2018
presh001:

WOMB not STOMACH
I used stomach because I am male and don't have a womb smiley

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by TissuePaper: 10:47am On Jul 28, 2018
presh001:

WOMB not STOMACH
I used stomach because I am male and don't have a womb..its just purely for relativity smiley

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by LZAA: 10:49am On Jul 28, 2018
Milonis:
This guy is funny. You're a clean example of a heavily influenced chap (Western media influenced, pop culture, literature, Hollywood).

Have you taken enough time to ponder on what surrogacy really is? The compliance, the risk of becoming a root to the end of your marriage, etc.?

If you want another child and don't want adoption, simply get her pregnant. Simple. If you don't want her pregnant based on medical grounds, I understand. If it's cos you(or she) don't want her banging shape 'lost' then be honest with yourselves and don't go that route.

It is not as simple as it looks on the surface.
Dont mind im
He neva jam all those kolo wey go born give u then come back either to blackmail or claim the pikin
Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by egojeny1(f): 10:50am On Jul 28, 2018
Milonis:
This guy is funny. You're a clean example of a heavily influenced chap (Western media influenced, pop culture, literature, Hollywood).

Have you taken enough time to ponder on what surrogacy really is? The compliance, the risk of becoming a root to the end of your marriage, etc.?

If you want another child and don't want adoption, simply get her pregnant. Simple. If you don't want her pregnant based on medical grounds, I understand. If it's cos you(or she) don't want her banging shape 'lost' then be honest with yourselves and don't go that route.

I concur with u 100%. This our useless country that doesn't have laws. When d surrogate mother starts dragging him with d wife now, he'll start crying fow.
Abegi

2 Likes

Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by Maskus(m): 10:51am On Jul 28, 2018
7Alexander:
Yeah, blood is blood. But, will your wife feel so, considering that she didn't actually birth the baby? There is always the risk of emotional difficulties with surrogacy and adoption.
Your point deserve some accolades bro. Human emotion will definitely come into play and that which makes us AFRICANS will surely manifest.

2 Likes

Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by princeSammyz: 10:52am On Jul 28, 2018
The legality of it is as much a question as the possible traditional and social consequences thereof, especially in a very conservative society as Nigeria. Family acceptance, side talks and all that will definitely follow. But then, these depends mostly on your wife and yourself to handle. On the legality, its likely the Nigerian constitution may not be explicit on that; surrugacy being a very recent scientific development that has yet to spread to many parts including Nigeria. Lawyers please come in here
Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by notoriousbabe: 10:53am On Jul 28, 2018
I am available at 1.5million per month
Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by Nwambaise: 10:54am On Jul 28, 2018
osomegbe:
I want a baby girl and for some reasons best known to us and doctors advice, i don't want my wife to get pregnant again. can i get a surrogate mother here in Nigeria and what are the cost and processes. Is it also legal in our society?

We talked about adopting but i felt we will not feel that fulfillment as our child. Don't get me wrong, i love other people but your blood is your blood. i take care of other people children in whatever way i can?

please, i need to know.

It's perfectly legal but you must have a legal back up. Then don't depend on the hospitals to get willing partners for you cos they might get ambitious later, source yours. I'm handling one now for a relative at a cost I consider friendly. You can reach out for further discussions.
Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by MollyBank: 10:54am On Jul 28, 2018
Milonis:

You didn't make sense mate.

4 Likes

Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by Sakie: 10:54am On Jul 28, 2018
Sorry to say this op
But what's the assurance you will get the baby girl with one try? Cos if I understand surrogacy well,you will have to be the one to donate the sperm and the sex of the baby is determined by the sperm released from you
Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by Sakie: 10:55am On Jul 28, 2018
Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by obataokenwa(m): 10:55am On Jul 28, 2018
dominique:

What kind of hospital name is that? Sounds like a baby factory
check it out on the net. One of the best in the whole of Nigeria. The best concerning IVF

1 Like

Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by Abdulnur(m): 10:55am On Jul 28, 2018
Technically, you want to Bleep wirelessly.
Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:56am On Jul 28, 2018
egojeny1:

I concur with u 100%. This our useless country that doesn't have laws. When d surrogate mother starts dragging him with d wife now, he'll start crying fow.
Abegi

The psychological and emotional strain is unimaginable. At some point the woman carrying the child may actually start thinking "This is actually my baby". That's when trouble starts. And because the baby is gonna be with her until the right time to give back to the original parents, the bond is still with the one that bore them for 9months

1 Like

Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:56am On Jul 28, 2018
LZAA:

Dont mind im
He neva jam all those kolo wey go born give u then come back either to blackmail or claim the pikin

cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by MollyBank: 10:57am On Jul 28, 2018
lonelydora:

Contact fertility clinics. But, your Tradition will play an important role in this. Before you proceed, ask elders in your community what the tradition says about it. Don't put both the baby and your wife in future problem.

Ask elders what? Why would you even let them into your privacy? Surrogacy involves the guy's sperm and the woman's ovum. The surrogate mother will just act as an incubator. She has no genetic connection to the baby.

7 Likes

Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:57am On Jul 28, 2018
MollyBank:

You didn't make sense mate.

You didn't
Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by dominique(f): 10:58am On Jul 28, 2018
oshe11:
Try it here and end up having a 2nd Wife....

Most Nigerian girls are deceptive

The baby won't be biologically her's. It will be the woman's egg and man's sperm embryo implanted into her. She can never lay claim on such baby. Besides, there will be a lot of legal paperwork involved.

6 Likes

Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by MollyBank: 10:59am On Jul 28, 2018
osomegbe:
I want a baby girl and for some reasons best known to us and doctors advice, i don't want my wife to get pregnant again. can i get a surrogate mother here in Nigeria and what are the cost and processes. Is it also legal in our society?

We talked about adopting but i felt we will not feel that fulfillment as our child. Don't get me wrong, i love other people but your blood is your blood. i take care of other people children in whatever way i can?

please, i need to know.

My dear, if you want to do it, just do it. Stop telling people about it because most Nigerians don't really know what it's all about. They will discourage you and may probably start looking at your baby in a certain when she's born.

Before you do it, just find out the legal bits of it, and then proceed to a fertility clinic.

4 Likes

Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by dominique(f): 11:00am On Jul 28, 2018
lonelydora:

A well known hospital. They have helped (financially and otherwise) people with medical issues. Even it means going abroad. A big hospital for that matter

obataokenwa:
check it out on the net. One of the best in the whole of Nigeria. The best concerning IVF

Ok.

1 Like

Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by tartarus(m): 11:01am On Jul 28, 2018
dominique:

The baby won't be biologically her's. It will be the woman's egg and man's sperm embryo implanted into her. She can never lay claim on such baby. Besides, there will be a lot of legal paperwork involved.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by Cuteamigo1(m): 11:03am On Jul 28, 2018
osomegbe:

please, i need to know.
what type of surrogate mother are you looking? traditional or gestational? whichever one you are looking for sha like someone said you will best get you answer in a fertility clinic

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? / The 10 Demands By Striking Doctors — And ‘FGs Responses So Far’ / Meningitis Kills 20 In Yobe - Commissioner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.