Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,383 members, 7,808,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:51 AM

What Is A Blood Covenant - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is A Blood Covenant (15381 Views)

Dumped After Blood Covenant And Abortions / I Had A Blood Covenant / My Girlfriend Wants A Blood Covenant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is A Blood Covenant by cutiepie3(f): 2:09pm On Jun 17, 2010
Hi

I am a South African girl and had a baby with a Nigerian man in December. He now said that I need to do a blood covenant with him because I have a child with him. When I asked clarity he said that its a cultural thing and I should not ask so much questions. I have googled and cannot get a satisfactory explanation. Could anyone shed some light?
Re: What Is A Blood Covenant by AniLee(f): 2:19pm On Jun 17, 2010
is between two people, male/female, done in form of a vow by licking each others blood,that is de male licks the female and the female does otherwise, and it signifies any common goal between the two
Re: What Is A Blood Covenant by Africanqueen2(f): 2:24pm On Jun 17, 2010
It is am oath taken by joining both his and ur blood together. Its a oath that lasts forever. . . Together forever. . . Only death can break the oath. . . Its not really advisiable
Re: What Is A Blood Covenant by SAGoddess: 2:29pm On Jun 17, 2010
WHAAAAAAA, goodness gracious me! shocked
Re: What Is A Blood Covenant by Onchedu(m): 2:29pm On Jun 17, 2010
CRAP!

What part of Nigeria is he from? I don't know of any ethnic group here that does that; except of course he belongs to a religious sect or cult.

A blood oath is swearing Ur lives to each other by just declaring certain things and using each others bloods as the ties that make the covenant binding.

DO NOT ENGAGE in any blood oaths with anyone unless. That's just messing with the spirit realm.

Meanwhile is Ur bf desperate for anything with U? Is he impulsive?
Re: What Is A Blood Covenant by toaspromo(m): 6:40pm On Jun 17, 2010
its life imprisonment
angry dont go into it
Re: What Is A Blood Covenant by 190: 6:47pm On Jun 17, 2010
ur life becomes kaitarized~
Re: What Is A Blood Covenant by Pweety4me(f): 6:59pm On Jun 17, 2010
If u like your lyfe don't do it. . . lipsrsealed
Re: What Is A Blood Covenant by meggieblac: 7:14pm On Jun 17, 2010
pls dont even CONSIDER it.
Re: What Is A Blood Covenant by Carolece(f): 10:49pm On Jun 17, 2010
It is am oath taken by joining both his and your blood together. Its a oath that lasts forever. . . Together forever. . . Only death can break the oath. . . Its not really advisiable

How on God's earth doing that keep me with him forever? Crap. People's beliefs are so different, World Apart is not even the right phrase to use.
Re: What Is A Blood Covenant by Onchedu(m): 11:18pm On Jun 17, 2010
Huh? Oh no not U!!!
Re: What Is A Blood Covenant by Carolece(f): 11:21pm On Jun 17, 2010
I know its not me personally. But how could that keep anyone together forever? Thats silly thinking/beliefs.
Re: What Is A Blood Covenant by Africanqueen2(f): 2:50am On Jun 18, 2010
Carolece:

[color=#000099]
How on God's earth doing that keep me with him forever? Crap. People's beliefs are so different, World Apart is not even the right phrase to use.
Its the belief. . . Any partner who goes contrary to the oath will suffer grieve. . . The person may go mad and eventually die. Fear of this will tie u to him forever. . . Its an unbreakable oath. . .
Re: What Is A Blood Covenant by tpiah: 3:16am On Jun 18, 2010
poster

it's not a nigerian thing.

it's a[b] cultic[/b] thing which i'm sure is also done in south africa.

he's blaming it on nigerian culture, but there's no culture i'm aware of in nigeria where the couple is asked to lick each other's blood. Anyone who's hometown does that should identify themselves.

btw, do you and this man of yours have something against marriage?
Re: What Is A Blood Covenant by james1(m): 3:20am On Jun 18, 2010
Knock,knock,knock, DISASTER knocks,don't OPEN.
Am sorry,but I don't think your man had much of a life:so he want's to tie you to himself,so you guys can go down in a huge ball of FIRE!
Re: What Is A Blood Covenant by SAGoddess: 7:03am On Jun 18, 2010
So what some of you are saying is those Nollywood movies are to be believed then? The way they potray Nigerian culture and belief system? Crazy to think some people actually believe any of that nonsense in this day and age!

African_queen:

Its the belief. . . Any partner who goes contrary to the oath will suffer grieve. . . The person may go mad and eventually die. Fear of this will tie u to him forever. . . Its an unbreakable oath. . .
Re: What Is A Blood Covenant by Exponental(m): 9:46am On Jun 18, 2010
dont dare it. it's repacurtion is also terrible, not bad but terrible
Re: What Is A Blood Covenant by james1(m): 9:54am On Jun 18, 2010
No long talk S A Goddess,try it out with a man that believe's and go contrary to it:then,only then will you fully get the meaning of an OATE,you will know finally with no means of escape that khaki and leather are very,very different:in very clear terms,your llfe would have been enveloped in total,wait for this,KAITACLUSTIVE KAITARISM gurl.
You go know say gods dey pursue goddess with two and jagged edge cutlass just to. Yamutu the whole thing.
Re: What Is A Blood Covenant by SAGoddess: 9:59am On Jun 18, 2010
james1:

No long talk S A Goddess,try it out with a man that believe's and go contrary to it:then,only then will you fully get the meaning of an OATE,you will know finally with no means of escape that khaki and leather are very,very different:in very clear terms,your llfe would have been enveloped in total,wait for this,KAITACLUSTIVE KAITARISM gurl.
You go know say gods dey pursue goddess with two and jagged edge cutlass just to. Yamutu the whole thing.

No thanks James, I wouldn't try shyt like that because I don't even believe it anyway, sounds too far-fetched to me!
Re: What Is A Blood Covenant by sexdoctor(m): 10:01am On Jun 18, 2010
At this jet age

were is dat my pics again

this is for men in this class
Re: What Is A Blood Covenant by Africanqueen2(f): 2:55pm On Jun 18, 2010
SA Goddess:

So what some of you are saying is those Nollywood movies are to be believed then? The way they potray Nigerian culture and belief system? Crazy to think some people actually believe any of that nonsense in this day and age!

Its not a nollyhood story. It has happened. . . I have witnessed it. . . U can try and see if its a nollyhood story. . .
Re: What Is A Blood Covenant by 28Schweet(f): 3:00pm On Jun 18, 2010
to all your'll who believe in this, what's the difference between a blood covenant and actually marrying the lady, i.e. following his and her traditions to make their union formal, or does the blood covenant in this instance mean they are beholden to one another till death do them part, cool
Re: What Is A Blood Covenant by SAGoddess: 3:01pm On Jun 18, 2010
African_queen:

Its not a nollyhood story. It has happened. . . I have witnessed it. . . U can try and see if its a nollyhood story. . .

AGAIN, why would i try shyt like that, I have already said what I think of it, why would I want to try it?
Re: What Is A Blood Covenant by sexdoctor(m): 1:16pm On Jun 19, 2010

girl not again!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked
u are really murked up. whats wrong with u? @ first u say person reach sky feeling just looking at u now its blood covenant dat happened, and u are a witness

get out of dis forum jo,

nasty tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: What Is A Blood Covenant by Africanqueen2(f): 8:46am On Jun 20, 2010
sexdoctor:

girl not again!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked
u are really murked up. whats wrong with u? @ first u say person reach sky feeling just looking at u now its blood covenant dat happened, and u are a witness

get out of dis forum jo,

nasty tongue tongue tongue tongue
GET OFF MY BACK!!!
Re: What Is A Blood Covenant by Nobody: 8:48am On Jun 20, 2010
poster where are u?
Re: What Is A Blood Covenant by Nobody: 10:15am On Jun 20, 2010
Have heard of blood oaths. I'm not in favour of it, in any shape or form.

I'd advice to tell your boyfriend to take a walk, off a very short plank.
Re: What Is A Blood Covenant by Nobody: 10:28am On Jun 20, 2010
lol, take a work off a very short plank, heheheheh i laff
Re: What Is A Blood Covenant by skfa1: 10:58am On Jun 20, 2010
Dont do it.
Re: What Is A Blood Covenant by Nobody: 11:02am On Jun 20, 2010
sometimes people keep me wondering as if they are from planet mars
Re: What Is A Blood Covenant by Jibsin: 3:32pm On Jun 21, 2010
It is very deadly,never consider it for once because true love should base on trust and freedom.Anything that has to do with covenanting with a partner before believing u is not a true love.more so marriage is more than this.seek for your divine partner pls.
Re: What Is A Blood Covenant by femmy2010(m): 3:45pm On Jun 21, 2010
Do not do it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why You Should Never Masturbate Ever Again: By Victor Pride / How Are Women Treated In Nigeria? / Behind Every Successful Man Is A Woman': Is it True?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.