Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,682 members, 7,801,965 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:06 AM

All This Holiday Lesson Is A Scam.a Must Read - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / All This Holiday Lesson Is A Scam.a Must Read (543 Views)

Summer Holiday Lesson For Your Kids / Holiday Lesson Is A Scam And Against Montessori Academic Curriculum. ~ Mrs Rume / See How Computer Lesson Is Taught In Ghanaian School (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

All This Holiday Lesson Is A Scam.a Must Read by handsomeyitayo(m): 9:40pm On Jul 28, 2018
Our over sabi is just too much.

A child will go to school by 7am and close by 5pm for five days out of the seven days in a week.

During weekends that child comes home with many assignments in all the subjects he or she is offering in school. So there won't be time to rest and play through out the weekend.

The child does that for almost four months hoping to enjoy the holidays only for schools to come up with a scam in the name of holidays lesson.

What exactly do you want to teach that child?

Dear Nigerian parents, summer holiday is a period you allow a child to experience other things in life apart from formal education.

Allow them to travel for the vacation and if you don't have money for vacation, take them to a place where they will learn new skills.

Let them go and learn how to draw, computer coding, how to play musical instruments, play football, martial art, learn business, singing, learn foreign languages etc

Allow this children to explore life.

Everytime Book book book that is why most of our youths are unemployed because they can't do any other thing apart from white collar job.

May God help and bless our children.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All This Holiday Lesson Is A Scam.a Must Read by LuciferChristi: 9:47pm On Jul 28, 2018
Someone is mad he's not seeing more of his landlord's daughter!

1 Like

Re: All This Holiday Lesson Is A Scam.a Must Read by Olalan(m): 9:48pm On Jul 28, 2018
Thought I was the only one who feels same, holidays are supposed to be for the kids to explore, go for visitations or learn some skills.
Re: All This Holiday Lesson Is A Scam.a Must Read by Treasure17(m): 9:50pm On Jul 28, 2018
Very true op. We place to much emphasis on formal education over here. Summer holiday is an avenue for students to venture into other things that can better their lives in one way or the other as you rightly said.
Re: All This Holiday Lesson Is A Scam.a Must Read by Kampack: 9:55pm On Jul 28, 2018
my broda, the thing weak me. Children deserve to enjoy their holidays. bombarding them with too much academic work, particularly at young ages will only make matters worse as they will miss out on many other vital things associated with growing up wise. Little wonder todays teenagers are not as smart as their counterparts in global north. They will even lag in the so called academic work out of stress, fatigue, and contempt of the whole inundation of school without play and fun time. its simply another avenue for their teachers to extort parents and make extr as cash. l keep wondering what they want to teach them that they couldnt teach during term time. Abeg make children enjoy holidays o! and resume fresh!
Re: All This Holiday Lesson Is A Scam.a Must Read by Homeboiy: 9:57pm On Jul 28, 2018
Too much sense from you

1 Like

Re: All This Holiday Lesson Is A Scam.a Must Read by Blakjewelry(m): 10:10pm On Jul 28, 2018
LuciferChristi:
Someone is mad he's not seeing more of his landlord's daughter!
Lol you wicked sha but na true o. mehn imagine after all the normal school stress come top am with holiday lesson
Re: All This Holiday Lesson Is A Scam.a Must Read by hennyholla17(m): 10:20pm On Jul 28, 2018
op God bless u joor

1 Like

Re: All This Holiday Lesson Is A Scam.a Must Read by Xcelinteriors(f): 10:58pm On Jul 28, 2018
Please how do I enrol my 7yeats old son for computer coding. He do download game from my phone and learn to play them on his own without anyone teaching him.i think he will be interested in computer coding

1 Like

Re: All This Holiday Lesson Is A Scam.a Must Read by handsomeyitayo(m): 9:53am On Jul 29, 2018
Xcelinteriors:
Please how do I enrol my 7yeats old son for computer coding. He do download game from my phone and learn to play them on his own without anyone teaching him.i think he will be interested in computer coding
the you have any vocational school around your area..try and enrol him..there are some that have different courses.. like music,catering, art craft...e.tc. OK computer skills...inbox me please..

(1) (Reply)

Is It Possible To Buy Jamb Form While Already Studying In A University / Where Can I Make A Waec Certificate, I Lost My Own? / University Students Seen Fighting Over A Yahoo Boy They’re Both Dating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.