Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,373 members, 7,808,306 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:08 AM

Rev Funke Adejumo: It Is Wrong For A Female To Preach In Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rev Funke Adejumo: It Is Wrong For A Female To Preach In Church (5549 Views)

Pastor Funke Adejumo: A Man Can Get Sex From Any Idiot (videos) / Those Men That Do Preach In Various Motor Parks. / Kenyan Pastor Invites 'jesus' To Preach In Her Church,visits Her Family(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rev Funke Adejumo: It Is Wrong For A Female To Preach In Church by alBHAGDADI: 1:46am On Jul 29, 2018
There's currently a viral video showing Reverend Funke Adejumo telling members of the church she pastors as a female to sow a seed of money so as to become wealthy. This video has been found to be offensive by some quarters who have signed a petition to enable the UK government to ban the lady. According to them, she is a fraud and a disgrace to Christianity, even though they themselves are of questionable character.

However, another group has emerged signing a petition to counter the other group's call for her ban. This new group is supported by Pastor Adeboye's son, Leke Adeboye, Laurie Idahosa, Apostle Johnson Suleiman etc. They are calling the effort of the other group's as an attack on Christianity. Today's sermon will show you this new group is actually protecting falsehood which has crept into Christianity.

Does the Bible allow women to teach in Church? Is it right for Rev Funke Adejumo to be a preacher in Church? Let's read what Apostle Paul has to say.

1 Timothy 2:12[/b】

But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

[b]1 Corinthians 14:34-35

34 Women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the law says.
35 If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church.

It is so funny how in the face of Bible verses as these, people still think there is nothing wrong with a woman preaching in Church. Rev Funke Adejumo is in total disobedience of God's word and has therefore shown Jezebel characteristics, which includes usurping the authority of man.

1 Timothy 2:12

But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

Even Jesus Christ is against a woman preaching in Church. In the words he sent to one of the seven churches of Asia, he mentioned allowing a woman to preach as something he detests. He even called such a woman Jezebel. We all know Jezebel's story, how she usurped her husband king Ahab.

Revelations 2:20

Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.

Did you notice the word in bold in both verses above? That's Apostle Paul speaking the same language as Jesus. It is forbidden for a woman to preach in Church.

But you say "didn't God use women mightily in the Bible?" Yes He did. He used Mary, Esther, Ruth, Magdalene etc. But what did He use them for? None of it involved preaching in the temple or Church.

Some people have been quick to stats that Phillip's daughters were used mightily because the Bible records that they prophesied. Yes, they did prophesy but nowhere is it recorded that they did that in Church. They only prophesied (which also means teach) elsewhere. And that is according to God's promise to make sons and daughters to prophesy after pouring His SPIRIT on them.

Acts 2:17

And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

The verse doesnt say they will do so in Church. Yes, women can go on soul winning in the streets but they cannot preach in Church no matter how versed they are in the Bible. Even if they have made a huge discovery which will benefit the Church, they can't come forward with it. What they are to do is discuss it with their husband who will now table it before the Church.

1 Corinthians 14:35

35 If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church.

Look at examples of female preachers today: Joyce Meyer, Eucharia Anunobi, Funke Adejumo, Tonto Dikeh, Bimbo Odukoya etc.

Joyce Meyer is an epitome of everything wrong with a female preacher. She wears trousers while preaching on stage. But you say "it is a female trouser". Is there anything as Male skirt? Then what is it that women are not to wear because it belongs to men? Secondly, she prays and prophesies with her head shaven, with a low cut, which dishonors her head.

1 Corinthians 11:5

But every woman who prays or prophesies with
her head uncovered dishonors her head, for that is one and the same as if her head were shaved.

Eucharia Anunobi, on and off nollywood actress turn Pastor who recently stated that being a Pastor cannot stop her from acting erotic roles in movies.

“As a matter of fact, I just got back from set. Even as a pastor, I can still act a movie like Glamour Girls because my individuality is different from whatever character I portray in a movie. I always tell people that undue exposure of the body that does not add to the story doesn’t make sense."

Funke Adejumo, I don't need to say much. What about Tonto Dikeh who was on stage at a south African Church months back speaking gibberish called tongues?

Bimbo Odukoya died in a plane crash. May her soul rest in peace, but who knows, perhaps God used that to warn us against elevating women to the pulpit. But here we are again defending Rev Funke Adejumo all in the name of "we don't want outsiders to ridicule Christianity". Is that why we are openly encouraging disobedience of the word of God which He spoke through His Son Jesus Christ and His apostles?

Funke Adejumo and her fellow female pastors are evil and Jezebels who are usurping the authority given to man. They should not be tolerated in Christianity. Covering them up is equivalent to giving our faith a bad name. It will always hunt us. Even women teaching Sunday school, or even the children's section of the Church is wrong, because that's how it starts. But you say "how do you have enough teachers to attend to all the many classes in Sunday school?" Then don't split the Church into classes. There shouldn't be anything like Pastor Mr & Mrs Lagbaja, or a church billboard or poster showing a Pastor and his wife together. Nothing like a woman leader should be tolerated in the Church. But sadly, the decay has gone so deep that even Christians don't see anything wrong with what their Bible pointed out as wrong. MAY GOD HELP US.

Written by Albhagdadi

feel free to share on all platforms

2 Likes

Re: Rev Funke Adejumo: It Is Wrong For A Female To Preach In Church by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:49am On Jul 29, 2018
Rubbish!
Absolute Rubbish!!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rev Funke Adejumo: It Is Wrong For A Female To Preach In Church by alBHAGDADI: 1:58am On Jul 29, 2018
post=69793426:
Rubbish!
Absolute Rubbish!!
Point out the rubbish or forever hold your silence.

2 Likes

Re: Rev Funke Adejumo: It Is Wrong For A Female To Preach In Church by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:01am On Jul 29, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
Point out the rubbish or forever hold your silence.
There are many, but let me point out this for now.
(Bimbo Odukoya died in a plane crash. May her soul rest in peace, but who knows, perhaps God used that to warn us against elevating women to the pulpit. 
What kinda foolishness is that statement?
So the male Pastors that died in plane crash also are what?
........perhaps God used that to warn us against elevating men to the pulpit also abi?
Rubbish.
Absolute rubbish!

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rev Funke Adejumo: It Is Wrong For A Female To Preach In Church by alBHAGDADI: 2:08am On Jul 29, 2018
post=69793482:

(Bimbo Odukoya died in a plane crash. May her soul rest in peace, but who knows, perhaps God used that to warn us against elevating women to the pulpit. 
So the male Pastors that died in plane crash also is what?
........perhaps God used that to warn us against elevating men to the pulpit also abi?
Rubbish.
Absolute rubbish!
Your post reeks of lack of knowledge.

God works in mysterious ways. He says the wages of sin is death Romans 6:23

That incidence might be her punishment for the disobedience. But since I'm not God, I never claimed to be certain.

Remember Jezebel in the Bible was like these women, as a matter of fact they are modeled after her. But God's judgement fell on her. She was throw a building and died. Stray dogs ate her flesh. If you were alive in the days of Elijah when it happened, you would have doubted it was God's judgement on her .

Now, is that the wrong you could point out that made you label the whole write up as rubbish?

1 Like

Re: Rev Funke Adejumo: It Is Wrong For A Female To Preach In Church by Hiccups: 2:14am On Jul 29, 2018
shocked
There's no verse in Bible against women teaching/preaching in the church. The capping of true believers involves sharing/preaching/teaching the word as therein lies faith. However, Bible was explicit that some offices in church like Bishop is reserved for men only (1 Tim 3:1-4). To the best of of knowledge the church of Christ was built on foundation of Apostles with Christ as corner stone (Eph 2:20). Again there was no female among the 12. Therefore no woman can claim to be GO/founder of church. Also the title Reverend is not biblical, I challenge anyone to prove otherwise.
Re: Rev Funke Adejumo: It Is Wrong For A Female To Preach In Church by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:49am On Jul 29, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
Your post reeks of lack of knowledge.

God works in mysterious ways. He says the wages of sin is death Romans 6:23

That incidence might be her punishment for the disobedience. But since I'm not God, I never claimed to be certain.

Now, is that the wrong you could point out that made you label the whole write up as rubbish?
Okay

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rev Funke Adejumo: It Is Wrong For A Female To Preach In Church by jamael(m): 3:17am On Jul 29, 2018
Dear alBhagdadi. Inasmuch as I highly respect your views on Christianity and Christian conducts especially in these last days, and I also acknowledge that in the light of the scriptures, what you have said is true, even in this century, I don't fully agree with some of the instances you used to buttress your points.

Let us stop at where the Bible stops, especially when giving examples in the light of issues that are quite controversial and are not pillars for our salvation.

May God bless you and guide you right.

Galatians 3:28
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

2 Likes

Re: Rev Funke Adejumo: It Is Wrong For A Female To Preach In Church by ikorodureporta: 4:20am On Jul 29, 2018
Wmen teach or not, my own b say nobody go play smart where i dey to use fake religious psychology scam me & we all shld always speak against fakery & manipulations

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rev Funke Adejumo: It Is Wrong For A Female To Preach In Church by paxonel(m): 6:08am On Jul 29, 2018
In as much that this woman is fraudulent there is nothing wrong in women preaching on pulpit don't be gender discriminative
Re: Rev Funke Adejumo: It Is Wrong For A Female To Preach In Church by alBHAGDADI: 6:31am On Jul 29, 2018
Hiccups:
shocked
There's no verse in Bible against women teaching/preaching in the church. The capping of true believers involves sharing/preaching/teaching the word as therein lies faith. However, Bible was explicit that some offices in church like Bishop is reserved for men only (1 Tim 3:1-4). To the best of of knowledge the church of Christ was built on foundation of Apostles with Christ as corner stone (Eph 2:20). Again there was no female among the 12. Therefore no woman can claim to be GO/founder of church. Also the title Reverend is not biblical, I challenge anyone to prove otherwise.
Despite verses in the OP which states that a woman cannot teach or even speak in Church, you still claim no verse teaches against that?

How do you read and understand?

2 Likes

Re: Rev Funke Adejumo: It Is Wrong For A Female To Preach In Church by alBHAGDADI: 6:35am On Jul 29, 2018
jamael:
Dear alBhagdadi. Inasmuch as I highly respect your views on Christianity and Christian conducts especially in these last days, and I also acknowledge that in the light of the scriptures, what you have said is true, even in this century, I don't fully agree with some of the instances you used to buttress your points.

Let us stop at where the Bible stops, especially when giving examples in the light of issues that are quite controversial and are not pillars for our salvation.

May God bless you and guide you right.

Galatians 3:28
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

I ike the verse you quoted. But it doesn't say because everyone is free in Christ, we can Now do anyhow. Can I say because I am free, I can Now go and take the offering in the Church and spend it? No, because it is not my right. Same thing applies when to women teaching. They are free in Christ doesn't mean they are free to break His commandment. You are free in Christ doesn't mean you are free to sin.

2 Likes

Re: Rev Funke Adejumo: It Is Wrong For A Female To Preach In Church by Ihateyoumod: 6:37am On Jul 29, 2018
paxonel:
In as much that this woman is fraudulent there is nothing wrong in women preaching on pulpit don't be gender discriminative

But the man quoted scripture where Paul clearly stated that women shouldn't teach in churches.....or r u saying u haven't read tht part. If u haven't re-read the post. It is clearly written there.
Re: Rev Funke Adejumo: It Is Wrong For A Female To Preach In Church by alBHAGDADI: 6:38am On Jul 29, 2018
paxonel:

Even the below verses don't mean anything simply because we want to do whatever we like?

1 Corinthians 14:34-35

34 Women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the law says.

It is so funny how in the face of Bible verses as these, people still think there is nothing wrong with a woman preaching in Church.

1 Like

Re: Rev Funke Adejumo: It Is Wrong For A Female To Preach In Church by Ihateyoumod: 6:39am On Jul 29, 2018
Hiccups:
shocked

This shows pple only believe what they wish to be true. So all the verses he quoted, u r blind to them, u by choice ignorantly decided not to read them, or u read them n gave it another meaning even wen it is clearly stated in plain english
Re: Rev Funke Adejumo: It Is Wrong For A Female To Preach In Church by alBHAGDADI: 6:42am On Jul 29, 2018
ikorodureporta:
Wmen teach or not, my own b say nobody go play smart where i dey to use fake religious psychology scam me & we all shld always speak against fakery & manipulations
A Church that allows a woman to teach will allow all kinds of evil. If you still attend such, then you have been falling mugu to their scam in one way or another, or will soon fall to one.

Do they have women teaching Sunday school or even children Church? It is still the same as women teaching, which is wrong and against the commandment of God.
Re: Rev Funke Adejumo: It Is Wrong For A Female To Preach In Church by Ihateyoumod: 6:44am On Jul 29, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Even the below verses don't mean anything simply because we want to do whatever we like?

It is so funny how in the face of Bible verses as these, people still think there is nothing wrong with a woman preaching in Church.

Thts the kind of Christianity we have now o, pple will only take verses tht suit them and manipulate or by choice ignore the ones tht they dnt like.....they chose will laws to obey and which to disregard and give their own interpretation. But no one escapes Gods judgement, for ny of his laws u disobey, u will pay for it
Re: Rev Funke Adejumo: It Is Wrong For A Female To Preach In Church by hopefulLandlord: 6:57am On Jul 29, 2018
post=69793482:

So the male Pastors that died in plane crash also is what?
Rubbish.
Absolute rubbish!

You made sense

2 Likes

Re: Rev Funke Adejumo: It Is Wrong For A Female To Preach In Church by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:59am On Jul 29, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

You made sense
You and us made COMMON SENSE bro!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Rev Funke Adejumo: It Is Wrong For A Female To Preach In Church by alBHAGDADI: 7:04am On Jul 29, 2018
Ihateyoumod:

Thts the kind of Christianity we have now o, pple will only take verses tht suit them and manipulate or by choice ignore the ones tht they dnt like.....they chose will laws to obey and which to disregard and give their own interpretation. But no one escapes Gods judgement, for ny of his laws u disobey, u will pay for it

Exactly.
Re: Rev Funke Adejumo: It Is Wrong For A Female To Preach In Church by paxonel(m): 7:15am On Jul 29, 2018

take not of the emboldened
"I"
WHO?
who are you that is speaking?
God?

Let me state this clearly, at the time of ignorance God ignored certain things humans do on earth.

In the days of Paul the apostle many women were never educated including men too.

But because even an average illiterate man by nature can think faster and have certain understanding than the average woman, women were always at the mercy of asking men who also lark understanding questions about the general life. And the closest men they could get to ask questions is their husbands at home.
That was how it was in those days.

Even in Africa, not too long generation ago it was like that because there was no universities or colleges.

So understand that when Paul was talking it was talking based on how life used to be in their generation and it was his own personal suggest based on his experience with women of that generation that they usually lack understanding and possibly disgrace themselves and the church if they were allowed to speak.

therefore Paul saying that suffer not the women to preach was his own personal suggestion back then and should not be applied to women of this modern day who are far educated and vast in understanding.

Do you get that?

what law?
Jewish law or the 10 commandment?

By the way why should they remain silent, what wrong have they done for being women?

disgraceful
How?
Please explain?

When has it become disgraceful for just mere speaking to the public?

Christians need to wake up, certain things you read in bible should not be allowed to influence people to do what is not right this modern day.

Christ has given us the power to decide.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rev Funke Adejumo: It Is Wrong For A Female To Preach In Church by alBHAGDADI: 7:29am On Jul 29, 2018
paxonel:
"I"
WHO?
God?

Let me state this clearly, at the time of ignorance God ignored certain things humans do on earth.

In the days of Paul the apostle many women were never educated including men too.

But because even an average illiterate man by nature can think faster and have certain understanding than the average woman, women were always at the mercy of asking men who also lark understanding questions about the general life. And the closest men they could get to ask questions is their husbands at home.

Even in Africa, not too long generation ago it was like that because there was no universities or colleges.

So understand that when Paul was talking it was talking based on how life used to be in their generation and it was his own personal suggest based on his experience with women of that generation that they usually lack understanding and possibly disgrace themselves and the church if they were allowed to speak.

therefore Paul saying that suffer not the women to preach was his own personal suggestion back then and should not be applied to women of this modern day who are far educated and vast in understanding.

Do you get that?

what law?

By the way why should they remain silent, what wrong have they done for being women?
disgraceful
How?
Please explain?

Christians need to wake up, certain things you read in bible should not be allowed to influence people to do what is not right this modern day.

Will you shut up with your bloody heresy?

How dare you rubbish Apostle Paul' word against women teaching? Don't you know he was speaking under the authority of Jesus Christ when he made that statement? Even Jesus Christ Himself supported his stance in the book of Revelations when He pointed out the wrongs the 7 churches of Asia were doing.

Revelations 2:20
Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.

Look at the way you rubbished Paul's clear teaching backed up by Jesus, simply because of your own selfish gain. No wonder see Funke Adejumo is scamming your likes.

Now, you say Paul's words concerning women teaching is old school and no longer relevant. That is to say the words of Jesus which is the same as what Paul said is no longer relevant. Are we now to throw the new testament Bible away, because last I remember, Paul wrote majority of it? People like you can go ahead and support homosexuals and every vile things Paul wrote against, and leave us to continue following his word.

You are a satanist telling Christians to throw away the Bible. May God punish you for this.

2 Likes

Re: Rev Funke Adejumo: It Is Wrong For A Female To Preach In Church by dalaman: 7:47am On Jul 29, 2018
paxonel:
"I"
WHO?
God?

Do you get that?

what law?

disgraceful
How?
Please explain?

You guys are very funny. Most of you do NOT believe in the entire bible , you only pick and chose the parts you like, turn a blind eye to the parts you don't like or give them your own alternate interpretation.

Which part of the bible was not written for the people living at that time? Which injunction was not written based on the life style of the people living at that time?

Anyway the OP has chosen to follow a failed path because most Christians today especially in the west will not accept the stupid sexism espoused by the bible. They will rather abandon the religion entirely than accept this nonsensical sexism.

The bottom line is that the writers of the bible did NOT know that the world will evolve to what it is now, everything they wrote they wrote using their own knowledge and level of advancement . They even had God writing people's name and reading it out on scrolls of papyrus, Angels using trumpets and swords and Jesus coming down riding on horse back. They never knew people will be using jet engines and rocket engines to go into space and for inter planetary travels, books and computers for writing and storage of data, microphoes, high caliber assult rifles etc. They were busy writing about their God using primitive and ancient thrash to judge the world and attack mankind.

1 Like

Re: Rev Funke Adejumo: It Is Wrong For A Female To Preach In Church by CAPSLOCKED: 7:52am On Jul 29, 2018
dalaman:

You guys are very funny. Most of you do NOT believe in the entire bible , you only pick and chose the parts you like, turn a blind eye to the parts you don't like or give them your own alternate interpretation.

Which part of the bible was not written for the people living at that time? Which injunction was not written based on the life style of the people living at that time?

Anyway the OP has chosen to follow a failed path because most Christians today especially in the west will not accept the stupid sexism espoused by the bible. They will rather abandon the religion entirely than accept this nonsensical sexism.

The bottom line is that the writers of the bible did NOT know that the world will evolve to what it is now, everything they wrote they wrote using their own knowledge and level of advancement . They even had God writing people's name and reading it out on scrolls of papyrus, Angels using trumpets and swords and Jesus coming down riding on horse back. They never knew people will be using jet engines and rocket engines to go into space and for inter planetary travels, books and computers for writing and storage of data, microphoes, high caliber assult rifles etc. They were busy writing about their God using primitive and ancient thrash to judge the world and attack mankind.

SOME 21ST CENTURY HUMANS SINCERELY BELIEVE THAT THE BIBLE CONTAINS THE ABSOLUTE TRUE WORDS OF A JUST AND LOVING GOD DESPITE ALL THE TRASH, VIOLENCE, AND ABSURDITY IT CONTAINS.
THE BIBLE GOD NEVER LOVED WOMEN. NEITHER DID THE KORAN GOD OR OTHER GODS. IF WOMEN COULD KEEP ASIDE FOR A MOMENT THEIR FASHION MAGAZINES AND SOCIAL NETWORKS FOR A MOMENT AND CAREFULLY GO THROUGH THEIR CHRISTIAN HOLY BOOK WITH AN UNBIASED REVIEW, MAYBE A FEW OF THEM WILL UNDERSTAND THAT GOING CRAZY IN CHURCH AND WORSHIPPING THEIR PASTORS DON'T WORTH ANYTHING.
GOING THROUGH THIS THREAD MADE ME REALIZE THERE ARE CHRISTIAN MEN IN NIGERIA THAT WILL STONE GAYS AND NON-VIRGIN BRIDES TO DEATH BECAUSE THEIR BIBLE SAYS THEY SHOULD. IT'S A PITY.

3 Likes

Re: Rev Funke Adejumo: It Is Wrong For A Female To Preach In Church by alBHAGDADI: 7:57am On Jul 29, 2018
dalaman:

I don't understand this last part of yours. Do you expect the Bible to be writing on technology when it is focused on saving lives from damnation?

If the Bible had written about modern warfare, do you people of old would have understood? The Bible makes correct predictions which are happening now.

Mind you, the world is not meant to advance just as you think it should. Men are not suppose to sleep with men, neither are we suppose to have transgender. The Bible is designed to keep us from suffering the consequence of trying out stupid advancement. Homosexuality has brought in AIDS which was known as GRID Gay Related Immune Deficiency. Yet folks like you will say the Bible should not influence our world today, when it is the only thing stopping us from falling over the cliff.

Well, that's not the topic. If you don't find this Christian sermon to your liking, kindly exit the thread and let Christians discuss.

1 Like

Re: Rev Funke Adejumo: It Is Wrong For A Female To Preach In Church by alBHAGDADI: 8:03am On Jul 29, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

SOME 21ST CENTURY HUMANS SINCERELY BELIEVE THAT THE BIBLE CONTAINS THE ABSOLUTE TRUE WORDS OF A JUST AND LOVING GOD DESPITE ALL THE TRASH, VIOLENCE, AND ABSURDITY IT CONTAINS.
THE BIBLE GOD NEVER LOVED WOMEN. NEITHER DID THE KORAN GOD OR OTHER GODS. IF WOMEN COULD KEEP ASIDE FOR A MOMENT THEIR FASHION MAGAZINES AND SOCIAL NETWORKS FOR A MOMENT AND CAREFULLY GO THROUGH THEIR CHRISTIAN HOLY BOOK WITH AN UNBIASED REVIEW, MAYBE A FEW OF THEM WILL UNDERSTAND THAT GOING CRAZY IN CHURCH AND WORSHIPPING THEIR PASTORS DON'T WORTH ANYTHING.

Did you say the Bible God never loved women? Perhaps, you must have Him mixed with Allah of the Quran who commands men to beat their wives, tells women to cover their entire body like they have no value etc.

The God of the Bible loves women so much that He sent the Messiah through a woman. He told men to love their wives and give their all for her just as Christ gave his life for the world.

Women played lots of good roles in the Bible e.g Esther, Ruth, Mary, Sarah, Magdalene etc. Nowhere were women relegated. God only says they cannot teach in his house. Any problem with that? Or can I come into your house and sleep in your bedroom when it is against your rules?

1 Like

Re: Rev Funke Adejumo: It Is Wrong For A Female To Preach In Church by RuthlessLeader(m): 8:13am On Jul 29, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

GOING THROUGH THIS THREAD MADE ME REALIZE THERE ARE CHRISTIAN MEN IN NIGERIA THAT WILL STONE GAYS AND NON-VIRGIN BRIDES TO DEATH BECAUSE THEIR BIBLE SAYS THEY SHOULD. IT'S A PITY.
You are wrong on the first sentence. 2.3 billion humans believe

1 Like

Re: Rev Funke Adejumo: It Is Wrong For A Female To Preach In Church by dalaman: 8:15am On Jul 29, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
I don't understand this last part of yours. Do you expect the Bible to be writing on technology when it is focused on saving lives from damnation?

Saving which lives? The writers of the bible had NO idea at all that the world will ever become as advanced as it is today so when they wrote down their nonsense they wrote it without such knowledge. When they mentioned technology only primitive technology was what they mentioned.

If the Bible had written about modern warfare, do you people of old would have understood? The Bible makes correct predictions which are happening now.

I thought you guys brag that the Bible is a book of all time? Which correct prediction has the bible madeabout today's world? A book that couldn't know that people will be using rocket and jet engine is what you are lying that made prediction about today's world abi? Jesus we are told will be flying down on horse back and the angels along with him will be using swords to conquer the world. Didn't yahweh know that people will be using high caliber assult rifles and long range missiles amongst other modern weapons?

Mind you, the world is not meant to advance just as you think it should. Men are not suppose to sleep with men, neither are we suppose to have transgender. The Bible is designed to keep us from suffering the consequence of trying out stupid advancement. Homosexuality has brought in AIDS which was known as GRID Gay Related Immune Deficiency. Yet folks like you will say the Bible should not influence our world today, when it is the only thing stopping us from falling over the cliff.

Well, that's not the topic. If you don't find this Christian sermon to your liking, kindly exit the thread and let Christians discuss.

In your myth believing and deluded mind the world is not supposed to advance. Keep deluding yourself. Humans will be so advanced that the people that will live 300 years from now will look at us as primitive beings because of their level of advancement. Homosexuals have been existing in the world among all species long before Jesus was born and long before the bible as a whole was written down so what nonsense are you talking about? Homosexuality is natural just like being male or female, it has been with mankind since inception. The bible is not stopping anybody from falling off the cliff it is so useless so much so that Christianshould are refusing to abide by its ancient and primitive injunctions. Isn't what why you created this topic? Because you want people to stick to first century sexist thrash that was written inside the bible while many other Christians do not want to do so? Keep deluding yourself.
Re: Rev Funke Adejumo: It Is Wrong For A Female To Preach In Church by CAPSLOCKED: 8:17am On Jul 29, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Women played lots of good roles in the Bible e.g Esther, Ruth, Mary, Sarah, Magdalene etc. Nowhere were women relegated. God only says they cannot teach in his house. Any problem with that? Or can I come into your house and sleep in your bedroom when it is against your rules?

I HOPE YOU ARE WILLING TO STONE YOUR SISTERS AND DAUGHTERS FOR FORNICATION, OR ON THE WEDDING DAY.
BUT UNTIL THEN LOCK THEM DOWN AND PREVENT THEM FROM GETTING ANYWHERE CLOSE TO THE HOUSE OF YOUR GOD WHENEVER THEY'RE ON PERIODS. DO NOT INVOLVE THE LAW INCASE OF RAPE. JUST COLLECT 50 SHEKELS (LESS THAN 500 NAIRA OR SO) AS YOUR BIBLE INSTRUCTS AND ALLOW THE RAPIST MARRY THE VICTIM BY FORCE.
MAKE SURE EACH TIME THEY GIVE BIRTH, THEY UNDERGO RITUALS LEST THEIR "FILT" CONTAMINATES OTHERS. THEY'RE "FILTHY" FOR BEARING KIDS.
ALWAYS REMIND THEM THAT THEY WERE CREATED FOR MEN AND MUST ALWAYS REMAIN SUBMISSIVE (IN EVERYTHING ACCORDING TO PAUL. THIS INCLUDES BEATINGS).
YOUR BIBLE WANTS ALL THIS, I HOPE YOU DON'T SEE ANYTHING WRONG IN THEM JUST AS YOU SEE NOTHING WRONG WITH WOMEN NOT HAVING OPINIONS OR SPEAKING IN CHURCH GATHERING.

4 Likes

Re: Rev Funke Adejumo: It Is Wrong For A Female To Preach In Church by CAPSLOCKED: 8:21am On Jul 29, 2018
RuthlessLeader:
You are wrong on the first sentence. 2.3 billion humans believe
I APOLOGIZE FOR MY GROSS IGNORANCE. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Rev Funke Adejumo: It Is Wrong For A Female To Preach In Church by alBHAGDADI: 8:24am On Jul 29, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

I HOPE YOU ARE WILLING TO STONE YOUR SISTERS AND DAUGHTERS FOR FORNICATION, OR ON THE WEDDING DAY.
BUT UNTIL THEN LOCK THEM DOWN AND PREVENT THEM FROM GETTING ANYWHERE CLOSE TO THE HOUSE OF YOUR GOD WHENEVER THEY'RE ON PERIODS. DO NOT INVOLVE THE LAW INCASE OF RAPE. JUST COLLECT 50 SHEKELS (LESS THAN 500 NAIRA OR SO) AS YOUR BIBLE INSTRUCTS AND ALLOW THE RAPIST MARRY THE VICTIM BY FORCE.
MAKE SURE EACH TIME THEY GIVE BIRTH, THEY UNDERGO RITUALS LEST THEIR "FILT" CONTAMINATES OTHERS. THEY'RE "FILTHY" FOR BEARING KIDS.
ALWAYS REMIND THEM THAT THEY WERE CREATED FOR MEN AND MUST ALWAYS REMAIN SUBMISSIVE (IN EVERYTHING ACCORDING TO PAUL. THIS INCLUDES BEATINGS).
YOUR BIBLE WANTS ALL THIS, I HOPE YOU DON'T SEE ANYTHING WRONG IN THEM JUST AS YOU SEE NOTHING WRONG WITH WOMEN NOT HAVING OPINIONS OR SPEAKING IN CHURCH GATHERING.
Are you ridiculous?

All those commandments are of the law which Jesus has freed us from. You are even acting as if there weren't punishment for men too.

Look, you have no argument here. Goodbye
Re: Rev Funke Adejumo: It Is Wrong For A Female To Preach In Church by RuthlessLeader(m): 8:26am On Jul 29, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

I APOLOGIZE FOR MY GROSS IGNORANCE. cheesy
You are forgiven

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Does An Atheist Believe Happens After Death? / Many Lies Of Redeem's Adeboye For 2016 / Ask And You Shall Receive As This Year Is Coming To An End

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.