Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,793 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:58 PM

Another Look At Pay TV Cost - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Another Look At Pay TV Cost (24090 Views)

Pay Tv Nigeria: All You Need To Know Pipul Pay Tv / Pay TV WAR About To Start / Would TSTV Change The Game In The Nigerian Pay TV World? Its ICT Convergence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Another Look At Pay TV Cost by AZeD1(m): 4:11pm On Jul 29, 2018
HotMario:
Can you compare power availability in these countries ?
Here you buy fuel to even watch tv

But that is not DSTV's fault is it?

1 Like

Re: Another Look At Pay TV Cost by Omihanifa: 4:11pm On Jul 29, 2018
notoriousbabe:
Na only mumu still dey pay to wash DSTV, I have been washing all their channels free since 2011, thanks to Engineer Austin
continue Lai Mohammed jnr

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Look At Pay TV Cost by yomalex(m): 4:12pm On Jul 29, 2018
Annual ritual
Re: Another Look At Pay TV Cost by blingxx(m): 4:12pm On Jul 29, 2018
notoriousbabe:
Na only mumu still dey pay to wash DSTV, I have been washing all their channels free since 2011, thanks to Engineer Austin

you must be a dish washer grin
Re: Another Look At Pay TV Cost by Jethrolite(m): 4:12pm On Jul 29, 2018
Tizeti needs to deploy unlimited 4g nationwide, so we can move to watching free quality channels online.

Tizeti charges about 9k for unlimited 4g access monthly. They can sell 20gb for N1k. I personally will cut DSTV off to focus on YouTube and other streaming services.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Another Look At Pay TV Cost by dbynonetwork: 4:21pm On Jul 29, 2018
soberdrunk:
I stopped reading when he started comparing what we pay with countries that have "24 hours light", the problem is not with the company but the subscribers, it is because most Nigerians will continue to patronize them even if they increase the price by 100%. If at least 15-25% of subscribers refuse to pay for 3-5months they will be forced to bring down the price...... angry

Boss it's not easy..... Speaking for myself, I find it difficult to stay without their services... It's my major source of entertainment In my room... Despite my nature of work, I make sure I subscribe every month........ FREE TV is so disappointing..

3 Likes

Re: Another Look At Pay TV Cost by Aystarz: 4:22pm On Jul 29, 2018
slimthugchimee2:

Did you even read, it is way cheaper here than other places

And did you Compare the exchange rates We all know how weaker the Naira is to those foreign currencies mentioned. Even the Ghanaian Cedi towers over our impotent 'N'.

5 Likes

Re: Another Look At Pay TV Cost by Ztittude(m): 4:22pm On Jul 29, 2018
The increment can be higher other countries we won't mind so long it's billed per usage/watched not per month.

Workdays + hours = Monday - Friday (some + Saturday)
8am- 5pm
Decoder Working hours 6pm -12pm
for family with kids
Decoder Working 4pm - 12pm
if 24/7 power

So why not switch Nigerians to pay per watch or as you watch just like telecoms airtime usage with 3months Validity.

just like energy bills "nepa" paying for darkness and they will be threaten us with increment.

7 Likes

Re: Another Look At Pay TV Cost by princetom1(m): 4:25pm On Jul 29, 2018
soberdrunk:
I stopped reading when he started comparing what we pay with countries that have "24 hours light", the problem is not with the company but the subscribers, it is because most Nigerians will continue to patronize them even if they increase the price by 100%. If at least 15-25% of subscribers refuse to pay for 3-5months they will be forced to bring down the price...... angry

They also forgetting how much an average human make monthly in those country, unlike our own 18k minimum wage

6 Likes

Re: Another Look At Pay TV Cost by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jul 29, 2018
stop wailing and watch nta and ait.
is it by force?

2 Likes

Re: Another Look At Pay TV Cost by soberdrunk(m): 4:25pm On Jul 29, 2018
dbynonetwork:

Boss it's not easy..... Speaking for myself, I find it difficult to stay without their services... It's my major source of entertainment In my room... Despite my nature of work, I make sure I subscribe every month........ FREE TV is so disappointing..

cheesy I feel you bro, me sef nah Africamagic Yoruba lover..... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Another Look At Pay TV Cost by Adam09: 4:26pm On Jul 29, 2018
I have promised myself not to pay for DSTV subscription again. How can i pay 6,800 for a compact plan and now pay PHCN 4,000 monthly buy fuel of 10,000 monthly. It doesn't make economic sense to spend 14,000 just because of 6,800. nonsense!

8 Likes

Re: Another Look At Pay TV Cost by notoriousbabe: 4:26pm On Jul 29, 2018
Omihanifa:

continue Lai Mohammed jnr
Sidon there dey waste your money on DSTV while your mates are washing all their channels free

2 Likes

Re: Another Look At Pay TV Cost by notoriousbabe: 4:27pm On Jul 29, 2018
soberdrunk:

cheesy I feel you bro, me sef nah Africamagic Yoruba lover..... cheesy
I'm sure that's the only language your TV understands
Re: Another Look At Pay TV Cost by Jsucre(m): 4:27pm On Jul 29, 2018
Trustme2:

Pls can you link me with him. I need to engage him as soon as possible. The pre-season and premiership will soon start

beware of scam. don't follow poo
Re: Another Look At Pay TV Cost by olutop(m): 4:28pm On Jul 29, 2018
puresaint:
I will say my mind when you compare and contrast the power (light) in those country with Nigeria.
The power challenges in Nigeria is it caused by Multichoice, the OP or Federal government, we should channel our greiviances to the right quarters not Multichoice or any other pay TV.

1 Like

Re: Another Look At Pay TV Cost by saaron(m): 4:30pm On Jul 29, 2018
DSTV working with NEPA to frustrate their customers. The moment you pay your tv subscription, you will not see light throughout the month.
Thank God for YouTube.

How can the article writer compare the shiithole (Nigeria) with UK and US PayTv when subscribers in those countries enjoy PayTV internet services?
Re: Another Look At Pay TV Cost by georgee(m): 4:33pm On Jul 29, 2018
Thank God av sorted myself. DSTV can go to hell
Re: Another Look At Pay TV Cost by soberdrunk(m): 4:34pm On Jul 29, 2018
notoriousbabe:
I'm sure that's the only language your TV understands

If my tv understands any language, it will be a very 'erotic' language...... angry
Re: Another Look At Pay TV Cost by Exponental(m): 4:37pm On Jul 29, 2018
This is Nigeria. Writer forgot to add the cost of buying, fueling and maintaining the generator. Imagine me using fuel of 3litres+ of N500 daily at night. Additional N15k monthly and yet, What happens to morning and afternoon views
Re: Another Look At Pay TV Cost by Gliding(m): 4:39pm On Jul 29, 2018
soberdrunk:

You referred to the poor power situation in Nigeria. Doesn't that mean that Nigeria companies have to provide their own power, which may increase their operations costs?
To make profit, they will have to increase tariffs, isn't it?

2 Likes

Re: Another Look At Pay TV Cost by Topmaike007(m): 4:40pm On Jul 29, 2018
seunlayi:
Fta for life grin

Any programme I can't get on fta should go to hell. How many eyes or head I get sef? How many programs will I watch at a time? I beggi, make PTv park for corner jor
that is my nigga,which satalite are you using..nilesat or nigcomsat
Re: Another Look At Pay TV Cost by Topmaike007(m): 4:44pm On Jul 29, 2018
slimthugchimee2:

Did you even read, it is way cheaper here than other places
that is in dollar not naira.. if a dollar is change for 100 in naira that means those people paying 52 USD it will be around #5000 in naira, it is because of the change rate that is why it is high in your face,bro Dstv are showing us pepper in this nation..

3 Likes

Re: Another Look At Pay TV Cost by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jul 29, 2018
Enlightening.
Cheap data available
Re: Another Look At Pay TV Cost by drololaaof: 4:45pm On Jul 29, 2018
Thanks for the comparison, but it's like you are defending the pay rise ,the prices in other countries compared to Nigeria look as if it is cheaper in naija but the price range is as a result of exchange rate naira is appreciating it will continue to .therefore the price increase now and before when naira exchange for #450 to the dollar to now #356 what are the adjustment?

1 Like

Re: Another Look At Pay TV Cost by jojothaiv(m): 4:48pm On Jul 29, 2018
Deep inside my mind, i know say i no get GoTV talkless of DSTV sef..
Na to waka pass sure pass..

2 Likes

Re: Another Look At Pay TV Cost by Cuteamigo1(m): 4:54pm On Jul 29, 2018
you dint bother telling us the channels the competitors offer. my biggest problem with dstv is you dont get value for your money. they keep repeating shows everyday. they should change thier name to dejavu abeg

1 Like

Re: Another Look At Pay TV Cost by Topmaike007(m): 4:56pm On Jul 29, 2018
oyb:
stop wailing and watch nta and ait. is it by force?
not your fault..
Re: Another Look At Pay TV Cost by Topmaike007(m): 4:59pm On Jul 29, 2018
olutop:

The power challenges in Nigeria is it caused by Multichoice, the OP or Federal government, we should channel our greiviances to the right quarters not Multichoice or any other pay TV.
at least they should give us pay per view so we can pay for the service rendered...

but they refuse..
Re: Another Look At Pay TV Cost by bigtt76(f): 5:01pm On Jul 29, 2018
I cannot watch all the 44 channels abi na how many sef so I kukuma hol my side. I subscribe to data bundle and I can still watch all my TV series and or download movies I would want to watch for free. Funny thing is my streams are more current than DSTVs #teamMobdro #terrariumTv
Re: Another Look At Pay TV Cost by pofolo(m): 5:03pm On Jul 29, 2018
In a country where #18,000 is minimum wage and standard of living is zero n poverty level of higher than cocoa house.

Train don seperate me and dstv over 6yrs ago.
i watch over 1000 channels for free, all football matches live, latest movies ( latest as new as May 2018 release), musicals n news channels unlimited entertainment too

all free-to-air...
if you know ,you know !!!

VIVA FTA
#teamfreetoair
#nomonthlysub
Re: Another Look At Pay TV Cost by AuroraB(f): 5:03pm On Jul 29, 2018
calddon:
So @op they paid you to write this elongated analysis in the hope to calm nerves ba?

Its not you or MultiChoice i blame, its TSTV and whomever has refused another payTV company from thriving in these paths.

Since i started enjoying good 4g bandwidth, my DSTV box has turned to a piece of uneeded house furniture.

I cant come and pay for what Nepa wont let me enjoy, introduce pay as you watch ha si mba undecided
grin I sure burn their airtime when they call on new incentives and to subscribe. Ndi uchu! angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

19 Mistakes From Last Flight To Abuja / Alex Evicted From The Big Brother All Stars House / 2021 BBNaija Season 6 Finale: Live Eviction Show (Shine Ya Eye)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.