Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,246 members, 7,807,834 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:15 PM

Another Look At Pay TV Cost - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Another Look At Pay TV Cost (24088 Views)

Pay Tv Nigeria: All You Need To Know Pipul Pay Tv / Pay TV WAR About To Start / Would TSTV Change The Game In The Nigerian Pay TV World? Its ICT Convergence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Another Look At Pay TV Cost by staneless(m): 8:43am On Jul 30, 2018
Most of these countries listed here operate on PAY AS YOU WATCH...secondly, their light is 24/7
Re: Another Look At Pay TV Cost by remele2(f): 9:39am On Jul 30, 2018
notoriousbabe:
Na only mumu still dey pay to wash DSTV, I have been washing all their channels free since 2011, thanks to Engineer Austin

pls i wud like to meet Enrg Austin oooo
Re: Another Look At Pay TV Cost by themanderon: 10:10am On Jul 30, 2018
The old age exploitation by DSTV continues while our government looks the other way, no protection whatsoever from this xenophobic south Africans ripping us off. You go to their country the mess you up they come down here they rape you, who did Nigerians offend to find themselves in these mess?
Re: Another Look At Pay TV Cost by vivaciousvivi(f): 12:45pm On Jul 30, 2018
HotMario:
Can you compare power availability in these countries ?
Here you buy fuel to even watch tv

And the fuel costs spread out, all adds up so at the end of the day we are paying way more - per day/ per view/ naira.
Its such a pity.
Re: Another Look At Pay TV Cost by Phyde: 2:07pm On Jul 30, 2018
notoriousbabe:
Na only mumu still dey pay to wash DSTV, I have been washing all their channels free since 2011, thanks to Engineer Austin
Chairman, show us the way nah.
Re: Another Look At Pay TV Cost by bfjuliusyahoo(m): 2:58pm On Jul 30, 2018
Pay for knowledge instead, drilling fluids engineering training. Globat mud school. mudschool@globatmudschool.com.
Re: Another Look At Pay TV Cost by drphantom: 12:57am On Aug 05, 2018
Good analysis but faulty in one critical area: the value and buying power of individual currencies.

The value N20,000 has in Nigeria is not the same value the equivalent sum has in the USA for instance. Using the USA as an example, that amount in Naira would be approximately $50.

The question then becomes would $50 in the US buy the same thing N20,000 would in Nigeria?

Direct currency cost comparisons are seldom representative of actual purchasing power

Blue3k2:

Source: https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/07/29/another-look-at-pay-tv-cost/amp/

Re: Another Look At Pay TV Cost by ollah2: 10:36pm On Nov 01, 2018
Jethrolite:
Tizeti needs to deploy unlimited 4g nationwide, so we can move to watching free quality channels online.

Tizeti charges about 9k for unlimited 4g access monthly. They can sell 20gb for N1k. I personally will cut DSTV off to focus on YouTube and other streaming services.

Do you are use their service? If yes, where your area and how meaningful is the service? Is it truly unlimited. Pls shed more light. Thanks
Re: Another Look At Pay TV Cost by mattsejuro(m): 10:11am On Dec 20, 2018
notoriousbabe:

can u link me with Engr Austin pls?
Re: Another Look At Pay TV Cost by notoriousbabe: 8:23pm On Dec 21, 2018
mattsejuro:

can u link me with Engr Austin pls?
call him on this number 080-359-42071
Re: Another Look At Pay TV Cost by avalontony(m): 12:27pm On Dec 26, 2018
notoriousbabe:
call him on this number 080-359-42071
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

19 Mistakes From Last Flight To Abuja / 2021 BBNaija Season 6 Finale: Live Eviction Show (Shine Ya Eye) / Alex Evicted From The Big Brother All Stars House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.