Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:38 AM

Venezuela’s Bolivar Currency Worthless As Inflation Hits 1 Million Percent - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Venezuela’s Bolivar Currency Worthless As Inflation Hits 1 Million Percent (28714 Views)

Naira Hits ₦1,000/$ Ahead Of CBN Sale To BDCs / Dollar Hits ₦1,900; Pound, ₦2,250 / Ghana’s Inflation Hits 40.4% In October 2022 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Venezuela’s Bolivar Currency Worthless As Inflation Hits 1 Million Percent by BruncleZuma: 8:20pm On Jul 29, 2018
MrGoogle88:

Did my man Chiwetalu Agu really say that in a movie? grin
let's just assume he did...there is no compendium available for his one liners.

1 Like

Re: Venezuela’s Bolivar Currency Worthless As Inflation Hits 1 Million Percent by PHILipu1(m): 11:38am On Jul 30, 2018
sotall:
With a weird combination of Buhari serving as the president without a waec certificate and aunty Kemi serving as finance minister with oluwole Nysc certificate , Nigeria's naira was definitely heading this way of worthlessness.

Thanks to Nigerians who didn't let it happen.
This is the state Nigeria would have be by now if we had allowed your drunkard hero and PDP to continue in 2015.

Thanks to all Nigerians that voted Buhari and didn't allowed PDP with their looting plus fall of crude oil price to put us in Venezuela shoes.
Re: Venezuela’s Bolivar Currency Worthless As Inflation Hits 1 Million Percent by Boxer007(m): 6:03pm On Jul 30, 2018
olametrix:
Abeg how mush is 1 mil naira to THEIR currency, i want to go and claim a chiftancy titled their

Any advise is welcome

Hi babes
Re: Venezuela’s Bolivar Currency Worthless As Inflation Hits 1 Million Percent by olametrix(m): 7:58pm On Jul 30, 2018
Come wating be your problem i look likegay to u,
Abeg do your own make i do my own

Boxer007:

Hi babes
Re: Venezuela’s Bolivar Currency Worthless As Inflation Hits 1 Million Percent by BluntBoy(m): 12:18am On Jul 31, 2018
majekdom2:
post as this is what gets me mad. Time dey go, una go dey talk shit. Nations are advancing faster than you can cope. How long did it take Rwanda to transform into what it is. A country with no tangible resource. Go there and see with your eyes. The Rwanda Genocide happened in 19c4, we had democracy in 1999... but go there and compare. Keep waiting for a change from these set of people that call themselves leaders... In about a decade from now, it will dawn on y'all.

You are comparing Rwanda to Nigeria?

Rwanda is more or less like an autocracy. It is not like Nigeria where there is much bureaucratic processes and law making is slow.
Re: Venezuela’s Bolivar Currency Worthless As Inflation Hits 1 Million Percent by BluntBoy(m): 12:20am On Jul 31, 2018
greyham:

Why are you comparing Nigeria to Venezuela?

Why not compare our present economic fortune now to how it was 5-6 years ago?

Are we doing better?

NB: Venezuela has other challenges unique to them so keep them out of this angry

You didn't even read the post at all. Didn't you read that there was an oil crisis? How Nigeria fared before the oil crisis is not the issue here.
Re: Venezuela’s Bolivar Currency Worthless As Inflation Hits 1 Million Percent by BluntBoy(m): 12:21am On Jul 31, 2018
greyham:

No one is asking for a "miracle". At least let there be some signs of improvement but everything is getting worse!

You need 5 decades of decline before your eyes are opened?

What is getting worse?
Re: Venezuela’s Bolivar Currency Worthless As Inflation Hits 1 Million Percent by BluntBoy(m): 12:22am On Jul 31, 2018
BedLam:
Buhari was the sole administrator some years back. No one stopped him! What did he do ? Oga have a good day.

It's funny how dweebs come over here thinking anyone that isn't supporting Buhari is a fan of last administration.

Government of dweebs and for dweebs.

For how many years was he sole administrator?
Re: Venezuela’s Bolivar Currency Worthless As Inflation Hits 1 Million Percent by AAinEqGuinea: 4:03pm On Aug 01, 2018
theoldpretender:

Yeah, I just hope Ramaphosa does.not carry out his land expropriation plans.

Yes, whites have stolen most of the land, but the same white farmers earn lots of forex for the nation. And there aren't enough qualified black farmers to replace them(and I say this with sadness, and as a Pan Africanist)

Have a little faith. Pethaps SA's time has come.
Re: Venezuela’s Bolivar Currency Worthless As Inflation Hits 1 Million Percent by UyiIredia(m): 1:55pm On Aug 15, 2018
Ugosample:

I'll say this without sentiment

The law of nature says that land you conquer becomes yours

The whites conquered that land, thus it's their own; and they are making good use of it too

South Africa will go the way of Zimbabwe if they implement such a policy

There should be however some form of reforms sha

But not taking land by force.

You can foist black partners into these farms, or even force the farms to incorporate and then list theur shares on the JSE

then black folks can buy as much stake as they can buy.
Tbats another option (the whites fatm owners could still be majority share holder or not depending.

Or they could hold between 30 to 40% stake while extra capital from the shares bought make up the rest

It will be win win for both parties

Unfortunately black men don't have sense in general, and are not emotionally intelligent

But anyways, nothing concern me.

Racist. But if land you conquer is yours then blacks can conquer whites and take back their land. Even better since they were there before whites conquered them. Your quote there is silly and can be used to justify colonialism, racism and neo-colonialism.
Re: Venezuela’s Bolivar Currency Worthless As Inflation Hits 1 Million Percent by Ugosample(m): 3:39pm On Aug 15, 2018
UyiIredia:

Racist. But if land you conquer is yours then blacks can conquer whites and take back their land. Even better since they were there before whites conquered them. Your quote there is silly and can be used to justify colonialism, racism and neo-colonialism.

if the lsnd is taken from you, its no longer yours

It's the natural law. it's just that sentimental black nigg.as like you don't get it

If you were conquered, the land is not yours anymore

That is how the fulani conquered the Hausa kingdoms, ihos the arabs conquered the sudan
it's a global thing

Now that Zimbabwe seized the lsnd from the white folk, it's not theirs anymore, but can Zimbabwe stand what will follow? grin grin

If they can hold their own and defend themselves, then the lsnd remains theirs

It's the same with SA

if the govt want to seize the lsnd, no p, but they should be ready for what follows

A man who has territory MUST defend it from all forms of attack

And if SA survived it, then they are good

We have armies for a reason.
to avoid the law of nature /conquest making an example of us.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lafarge Admits Paying Terrorist Groups In Syria, Enters $778m Plea Agreement / Dangote And Bill Gates Hold Joint Meeting With Gov Gaidam, Others In Yobe. Pics / Naira Falls Across Markets As CBN Adjust Clearing Rate To N197

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.