Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,393 members, 7,808,381 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:14 AM

Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? (29155 Views)

Top 10 Nigerian Pentecostal Churches With The Best Choir/Music Department / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. / 400 Jehovah's Witnesses In Angola Pass Out Due To Toxic Gas At A Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by unitysheart(m): 12:30pm On Jul 29, 2018
Zendinho:
Based on my own opinion, i think they don't force people to pay, rather they only used persuasive, appealing, coded, manipulative, religiously captivating and heavenly inspiring words or terminologies in getting monies from their members...

So it's left for the member to technically unravel their tricks or fall for them.

If you know you know.

Nothing like that. We only encourage those who have more to contribute to cover for others voluntarily.
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by unitysheart(m): 12:31pm On Jul 29, 2018
Waffarianman:

Top able body assist their projects, not a JW but my wife is one.

Where does the top body get money from.

Voluntary contributions.
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Jascon4: 12:31pm On Jul 29, 2018
deepwater:

They have a huge work force base in every country of their operation.

Here in Nigeria, they operate from Igieduma in Edo State otherwise referred to as Bethel.

In there , they have thousands of volunteers in different discipline to assist in every aspect they may require. They are skilled, semi skilled and so like that. With such volunteers for free, you may wish to agree that funds would be just a minor faction to erecting structures. And yes they don't pay salaries to their volunteers(as they always say) but they have other volunteers that do the cooking, another that do the farming and another that does just about any other thing. It's like a system of government where you trade in barter by helping some group do what your group can and the other groups help your group whey they can. That way money becomes almost insignificant.

But hey man. That sheet is a cult.
So many rules, u don't fuxk doggy style, u don't keep goatees, u don't pray with others, no allegiance to the country, no singing of national anthem, no joining of military, no smoking but you can drink to stupor and no anal sex,

You need to verify your information before you misinform the general public

1 Like

Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by unitysheart(m): 12:32pm On Jul 29, 2018
Jethrolite:
It was not possible in my case o. At all and it wasn't funny. I even offered to convert but she said that I had to be born a witness.

Because she know say you fit change your mind after marrying her and say you no do witness again. grin
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by WINDSOW(m): 12:37pm On Jul 29, 2018
unitysheart:

Yet if you don't have anything to drop you'll see them still come back come tomorrow to teqch you.

We don't compel people to pay at all cost.
Nobody compel one for the Gospel bro! Supporting Kingdom work is voluntary, not mandatory.
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jul 29, 2018
felixomor:

So who did u see forcing offering?

Pentecostal churches do so.

They threaten members that God will not bless them if they don't bring offering.

Did Adeboye force Christians to pay tithe or go to HELL?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by enambobo(m): 12:39pm On Jul 29, 2018
WINDSOW:
JW ll preach to u n ask u to drop sometyn in an envelope. Kingdom work no easy without money. ( money is the vehicle to Goodnews)
Stale. It must be a long time since you last listened to them. They don't ask any longer. They allow the listener do it voluntarily.
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Jethrolite(m): 12:39pm On Jul 29, 2018
unitysheart:

Because she know say you fit change your mind after marrying her and say you no do witness again. grin
Before nko?
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by EkeneElectrons(m): 12:39pm On Jul 29, 2018
Jethrolite:
It was not possible in my case o. At all and it wasn't funny. I even offered to convert but she said that I had to be born a witness.

This statement is a lie "I even offered to convert but she said that I had to be born a witness"
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Jethrolite(m): 12:41pm On Jul 29, 2018
Afec1000givers:
A non witness can marry a witness. The conditions are 1. If you are baptised or convert to witness you won't have any problem 2.if you force your way and marry the him or her the witness will be disfellowshiped for a period of six months to one year, with good signs of repentance. 3. Members of the family of the witness might attend your wedding especially if the father is one of the elders. Witness believe marry only in same faith.
She didn't agree. She made it clear she was only up for born witness, guys that were born witnesses that she can share witness exclusive memories with and she was dead sure that even if I became a witness it will only be a matter of time before I gbaga.
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Jethrolite(m): 12:42pm On Jul 29, 2018
Waffarianman:

Naso bro just move along no tym
Nazo, if time de self no chance.
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by WINDSOW(m): 12:42pm On Jul 29, 2018
enambobo:

Stale. It must be a long time since you last listened to them. They don't ask any longer. They allow the listener do it voluntarily.
However, anyone chooses to do it. God knows who's doing his... Nobody can claim 'Holier than thou'. Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by newjosboy: 12:43pm On Jul 29, 2018
Jethrolite:
How were you able to marry a jwit without being one?

I wanted to ask the same thing
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Jethrolite(m): 12:46pm On Jul 29, 2018
EkeneElectrons:

This statement is a lie "I even offered to convert but she said that I had to be born a witness"
Ekene, how e take be lie? You de there when I de follow the girl talk?

The babe said she wanted a born witness only and not someone converting to have her.
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Amberon11: 12:48pm On Jul 29, 2018
You're the one being foolish and myopic.
How many cases have you seen? I have been to so many churches and never for once have I heard any pastor say offering was too small. You people should at least be with your senses when trying to discredit pastors or churches.
lordizak:

Stop being foolish, I have seen cases where offerings have been said to be too small... All these guys use is psychology.
They focus more on preaching about tithes and offerings... do the witnesses do that?
Even my beloved catholic have joined them... the only reason I still keep the faith is the Charity work like orphanages they run...

1 Like

Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by felixomor: 12:49pm On Jul 29, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Pentecostal churches do so.

They threaten members that God will not bless them if they don't bring offering.

Did Adeboye force Christians to pay tithe or go to HELL?

Who did you see forcing offering,?
Besides is Adeboye the representatives of all pentecostals?
Redeemed is not even under PFN.

Where is thy comprehension now?

1 Like

Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jul 29, 2018
Zendinho:
Based on my own opinion, i think they don't force people to pay, rather they only used persuasive, appealing, coded, manipulative, religiously captivating and heavenly inspiring words or terminologies in getting monies from their members...

So it's left for the member to technically unravel their tricks or fall for them.

If you know you know.

U forgot to mention scare tactics.
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by lonlytroy(m): 12:50pm On Jul 29, 2018
Church na big business now, how can i convert to muslim plz
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by EkeneElectrons(m): 12:50pm On Jul 29, 2018
Jethrolite:
Ekene, how e take be lie? You de there when I de follow the girl talk?

The babe said she wanted a born witness only and not someone converting to have her.

What she meant is that you have to love Jehovah to become a witness. It's obvious she doesn't really understand what she's studying or she doesn't really love Jehovah fully that's why she married you. Na follow follow she dey do.
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jul 29, 2018
felixomor:

Who did you see forcing offering,? Besides is Adeboye the representatives of all pentecostals? Redeemed is not even under PFN.
Where is thy comprehension now?
"Who did you see forcing offering,?"
I've addressed this already.
"" Besides is Adeboye the representatives of all pentecostals? ""
Answer the question.
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by mickeymimi: 12:54pm On Jul 29, 2018
The JW believe Apostle Paul set the standard for the Christian Congregation when he said that no one should be forced to give. That giving should be done voluntarily.

Jesus clearly never begged or cursed anyone for money but accepted donations as part how he supported himself and his disciples. In Luke 8:3 Scripture specifically states that a group of women provided financial support for Jesus and his disciples. also, in John 12:6 indicated that Jesus may have received gifts on a regular basis, and that he instituted a system whereby Judas was responsible for the money bag. The money was used to to assist the needy or poor among them . Jesus and his disciples also had their own jobs.

Why then did Jesus then send Peter to the sea for money from a fish's mouth to pay tax? Why not take money from His money bag meant for the poor?.. Why let a thief Judas handled the money bag when he was clearly stealing from it.

There is nothing wrong with churches doing the same thing. Churches have always accepted financial support given freely by those who have benefited spiritually from the churches.

But no where has Jesus indicated that anyone is obliged to pay certain amount of money , tithes or % every month to a church except for Taxes to the government . Romans 13:1-7 makes it clear that we are to submit ourselves to the government. So churches and Christians shld be honest tax payers.

2 Likes

Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Waffarianman(m): 12:55pm On Jul 29, 2018
unitysheart:

Where does the top body get money from.
Voluntary contributions.

Personal money, have attended their convention.
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by grandstar(m): 1:01pm On Jul 29, 2018
InansBobo:
Have u ever been to a Pentecostal church and was sent out because you were not with offering/tithe?
Has any Pentecostal forced money out of your pocket? (if any then run from there because they are many that don't do that). You just want to attack baselessly

When ushers pass their bags around, it puts pressure on attendees to donate. Many feel embarrassed if they do not donate.

Let's not deceive ourselves. Is it not a form of subtle coercion?

2 Likes

Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by unitysheart(m): 1:02pm On Jul 29, 2018
Waffarianman:

Personal money, have attended their convention.

Nothing like personal money, bro.

A specific contributed fund goes to one account worldwide.

Nigeria won't necessarily spend only contributions made by members in Nigeria.

That's the equalising spirit that the Holy scriptures promote.
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Jethrolite(m): 1:03pm On Jul 29, 2018
EkeneElectrons:

What she meant is that you have to love Jehovah to become a witness. It's obvious she doesn't really understand what she's studying or she doesn't really love Jehovah fully that's why she married you. Na follow follow she dey do.
No o, she didn't marry me. She married a guy that fit that description. According to her she almost fell for that conversion scam while she was younger and made up her mind to only date and marry a born witness.

1 Like

Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jul 29, 2018
how can they? the whole of idea of pentecostal churches is to make money by crooked so called pastors!
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by unitysheart(m): 1:04pm On Jul 29, 2018
EkeneElectrons:

We haven't been appointed to judge on this. Please let's leave the issue for Jehovah to handle by himself.

Her witnessing may even convert e husband someday.
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by nwanyiugbo122(f): 1:04pm On Jul 29, 2018
[quote author=budusky05 post=69799337][/quote]Are you a Jw?
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Callmemike(m): 1:09pm On Jul 29, 2018
TLisieux:
How do JW fund their Kingdom hall buildings and other projects? I am curious.
Nice questions. Simply done through voluntary contributions done worldwide.
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Waffarianman(m): 1:10pm On Jul 29, 2018
unitysheart:

Ok
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by lexy2014: 1:10pm On Jul 29, 2018
InansBobo:
Have u ever been to a Pentecostal church and was sent out because you were not with offering/tithe?
Has any Pentecostal forced money out of your pocket? (if any then run from there because they are many that don't do that). You just want to attack baselessly
I was at a programme in Benin some years ago. D programme was organised by Abraham chibundu(permit my spelling) of voice of freedom. At d time, apostle Suleiman who was d guest speaker, was still fresh, a new kid on d block. Wasn't so popular then but was reputed 4 calling peoples phone numbers. After his "ministration", he decided 2 collect "special seed" based on d "leading" meanwhile, offering had been collected b4. Suleiman said, he was being led to collect dollars&that there were people in d congregation who God had told him would give dollars. Nobody was led to give dollars & by this time, it was getting late so some people started leaving. When Suleiman noticed people were leaving, he ordered d ushers to shut d doors that no one should leave until after he was done with his collection. Does this story answer ur question?
Re: Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? by Waffarianman(m): 1:10pm On Jul 29, 2018
unitysheart:

Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Pastor Enenche Prays For Osinachi's twin Sister, Grace At Dunamis Crusade / 3 Celestial Church Members In Court For Rape, Organ Harvesting In Lagos / What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.