Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,959 members, 7,806,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:42 PM

The Latest WAEC Ranking Of The 36 States Is As Follow : - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Latest WAEC Ranking Of The 36 States Is As Follow : (14355 Views)

Webometrics Ranking Of Nigerian Universities (2020) / How The 36 States Got Their Names In Nigeria / WAEC 2018 Ranking Of The 36 States & FCT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Latest WAEC Ranking Of The 36 States Is As Follow : by somegirl1: 3:07pm On Jul 29, 2018
Patrioticooduan:

Calculate with your eyes fltino.

If you were educated, you would know that percentages, not volumes, matter. You're probably one of those who would fail if asked which was greater between 50/100 and 1/2.
If 5,000 out of 100,000 Yorubas are university graduates and 4,000 out of 70,000 Igbos are university graduates, do the math and determine which group is more educated.

Your tables do not provide the following vital information :-
1. Population of each state
2. Population of each state by ethnic group
3. No. Of applicants in each state by ethnic group
4. No. Of admitted applicants in each state by ethnic group
5. No. Of admitted applicants who complete their degree in each state by ethnic group.

As you can see the data you provided is of little use in determining which group is more educated as
1. We can't assume that states are homogeneous, consisting of one ethnic group
2. We can't assume that the population of Igbos and Yorubas are the same
3. We can't assume that all admitted applicants actually graduate from university

It would be shameful, if this is what has always been used to support the theory yorubas are more educated.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Latest WAEC Ranking Of The 36 States Is As Follow : by TundeBricklayer: 3:12pm On Jul 29, 2018
Patrioticooduan:

This one Na story. Let them release all the States so we can compare

2 Likes

Re: The Latest WAEC Ranking Of The 36 States Is As Follow : by Patrioticooduan: 3:16pm On Jul 29, 2018
aniomafirstson:

lol we have lesser States and still leading

you must be ashamed grin
Guy go school again because you no know anything thing. Ibo states will always take first because you have fewer states compared to yorubas.
Okay, if you don't understand, let us divede Imo state into two so that south east will have six states. Will Imo state still take first after doing this?
No cool
Re: The Latest WAEC Ranking Of The 36 States Is As Follow : by Patrioticooduan: 3:19pm On Jul 29, 2018
somegirl1:

If you were educated, you would know that percentages, not volumes, matter. You're probably one of those who would fail if asked which was greater between 50/100 and 1/2.
If 5,000 out of 100,000 Yorubas are university graduates and 4,000 out of 70,000 Igbos are university graduates, do the math and determine which group is more educated.

Your tables do not provide the following vital information :-
1. Population of each state
2. Population of each state by ethnic group
3. No. Of applicants in each state by ethnic group
4. No. Of admitted applicants in each state by ethnic group
5. No. Of admitted applicants who complete their degree in each state by ethnic group.

As you can see the data you provided is of little use in determining which group is more educated as
1. We can't assume that states are homogeneous, consisting of one ethnic group
2. We can't assume that the population of Igbos and Yorubas are the same
3. We can't assume that all admitted applicants actually graduate from university

It would be shameful, if this is what has always been used to support the theory yorubas are more educated.
So why then do you say iboes are more educated when you know this fact? All what you wrote is poor bullshi.te. excuse upon excuse!!! I thought iboes say they are the largest ethnic group in Nigeria. You keep contradicting yourself
Re: The Latest WAEC Ranking Of The 36 States Is As Follow : by Patrioticooduan: 3:22pm On Jul 29, 2018
TundeBricklayer:

You are really daft can you calculation admissions by states
Anambra top admission list by 49,143 followed by Delta 47,942 and Edo 42,802, highest in admissions in southwest is Ondo state which is 41,236

Anambra, Delta and Edo state are top three states in admissions to degree awarding institutions in Nigeria
Smh. It hurts doesn't it?

Re: The Latest WAEC Ranking Of The 36 States Is As Follow : by somegirl1: 3:23pm On Jul 29, 2018
Patrioticooduan:

So why then do you say iboes are more educated when you know this fact? All what you wrote is poor bullshi.te. excuse upon excuse!!! I thought iboes say they are the largest ethnic group in Nigeria. You keep contradicting yourself

I've never stated anywhere that Igbos are more educated. Can you find any of my historical posts that even suggests this?
I have also never stated that Igbos are the largest ethnic group, that's unlikely.
I draw my conclusions from data not emotions.
So how do I contradict myself?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Latest WAEC Ranking Of The 36 States Is As Follow : by Patrioticooduan: 3:29pm On Jul 29, 2018
somegirl1:

I've never stated anywhere that Igbos are more educated. Can find any of my historical quotes that even suggests this?
I have also never stated that Igbos are the largest ethnic group, that's unlikely.
Your brothers always say Igbos are more educated and that they are the largest ethnic group in Nigeria due to their phantom ubiquity.
Re: The Latest WAEC Ranking Of The 36 States Is As Follow : by TundeBricklayer: 3:29pm On Jul 29, 2018
Patrioticooduan:

Guy go school again because you no know anything thing. Ibo states will always take first because you have fewer states compared to yorubas.
Okay, if you don't understand, let us divede Imo state into two so that south east will have six states. Will Imo state still take first after doing this?
No cool
Mind you many Igbos claim many states they are residence as state of Origin especially Lagos
If you can recall when public schools admissions treaded here sometimes ago many Igbos claimed many states outside southeast and south south as states of origin, many Igbos claim Lagos as state of Origin.

Just like below report that show Igbos that represented states including Lagos state at NNPC national quiz

breakdown of participants at the zonal level were – South-South Zone, Alikah Joseph Ehiagwina of Edo came top with 65 points, Ebute Samuel Adakole of Rivers came second with 55 points, while Ohwevwo Oghenetejiri of Delta came third with 50 points.[b] In the South-West Zone, Ezeunala Ekene Franklin of Lagos State, Igban Emmanuel of Ogun and Owoseeni Oreoluwa Olanlesi of Osun State, tied with 55 points each. The South-East Zone, Okeke Tony Kabilan of Enugu State came top with 65 points, Imo contestant, Okeke Ezinne Elizabeth, came second with 55 points and Uzondu Chigozirim Emmanuel of Abia scored 45 points. At the close of the competition for the North-Central Zone, held in Ilorin, Kwara, Okeke Favour of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) scored 65, Ezemba Confidence of Plateau also had 65, while Agada Vincent of Benue scored 75. Kwara and Kogi states, represented by Femi Olufisayo and Ibrahim Wisdom respectively, equally tied to take 4th position with 50 points each, with Niger and Nasarawa states, represented by Olamilekan Oladapo and Ajogwu Benjamin, making the sixth and 7th positions with 35 and 20 points respectively. In the North-West zonal competition, Kaduna State representative, Chijioke Mgbeobukwa, won the contest with 55 points, beating other contestants from Kebbi and Sokoto States who emerged 2nd and 3rd positions with 45 and 40 points respectively.[/b] At the end of a keenly contested event for the North East Zone held in Bauchi, Bauchi State representative emerged winner with 50 points while Gombe and Taraba tied with 45 points apiece. Adamawa scored 40 points while Borno and Yobe ended with 25 and 20 points respectively.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/07/18-students-emerge-winners-of-nnpc-quiz-competition/

4 Likes

Re: The Latest WAEC Ranking Of The 36 States Is As Follow : by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 3:30pm On Jul 29, 2018
Patrioticooduan:

I just told you the truth. South west has the highest number of students admitted into higher institution and also the highest number of graduates

False, Imo, leads IN that dept.
Why do you like lying?
Why not visit NUC websites

5 Likes

Re: The Latest WAEC Ranking Of The 36 States Is As Follow : by somegirl1: 3:34pm On Jul 29, 2018
Patrioticooduan:

Your brothers always say Igbos are more educated and that they are the largest ethnic group in Nigeria due to their phantom ubiquity.

And somehow I am responsible for and/ or l endorse the utterances of every Igbo person?

2 Likes

Re: The Latest WAEC Ranking Of The 36 States Is As Follow : by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 3:34pm On Jul 29, 2018
somegirl1:

I've never stated anywhere that Igbos are more educated. Can you find any of my historical posts that even suggests this?

Igbos are far more educated from NUC websites, don't allow that boy to deceive you.

Waec, jamb and NUC graduate websites are saying Igbos are the highest

8 Likes

Re: The Latest WAEC Ranking Of The 36 States Is As Follow : by Patrioticooduan: 3:35pm On Jul 29, 2018
TundeBricklayer:

Mind you many Igbos claim many states they are residence as state of Origin especially Lagos
If you can recall when public schools admissions treaded here sometimes ago many Igbos claimed many states outside southeast and south south as states of origin, many Igbos claim Lagos as state of Origin.

Story. If Igbo's claim Lagos as origin, shouldn't Lagos have more people registerering for jamb? How come Lagos has the smallest pollution behinds ekiti in the jamb stats? If you think Igbo's claim origin in other states, what make you think Yorubas don't?
All what you wrote pooh poohs the idea you are more educated.
Re: The Latest WAEC Ranking Of The 36 States Is As Follow : by Patrioticooduan: 3:36pm On Jul 29, 2018
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Igbos are far more educated from NUC websites, don't allow that boy to deceive you.

Waec, jamb and NUC graduate websites are saying Igbos are the highest
All what I posted are from where? Ooduduwa website?
Re: The Latest WAEC Ranking Of The 36 States Is As Follow : by Patrioticooduan: 3:37pm On Jul 29, 2018
InyinyaAgbaOku:

False, Imo, leads IN that dept.
Why do you like lying?
Why not visit NUC websites
IMO lead but south west as a whole lead the south east. cool
Re: The Latest WAEC Ranking Of The 36 States Is As Follow : by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 3:37pm On Jul 29, 2018
Patrioticooduan:

All what I posted are from where? Ooduduwa website?

Imo has the highest number of graduates.
And the highest number of professors

2 Likes

Re: The Latest WAEC Ranking Of The 36 States Is As Follow : by TundeBricklayer: 3:38pm On Jul 29, 2018
Patrioticooduan:

Smh. It hurts doesn't it?
Sorry grin
Imo
Anambra
Delta
Edo

4 Likes

Re: The Latest WAEC Ranking Of The 36 States Is As Follow : by Patrioticooduan: 3:38pm On Jul 29, 2018
somegirl1:

And somehow I am responsible for and/ or l endorse the utterances of every Igbo person?
Whatever woman.
Re: The Latest WAEC Ranking Of The 36 States Is As Follow : by Gmajor(m): 3:38pm On Jul 29, 2018
Patrioticooduan:

Leave them bro, let them be deceiving themselves. Jamb stats is always there to prove them wrong. You can't easily cheat in Jamb, thanks to their computer based test.
Osun state that took 29 in this WAEC always take top 5 in Jamb performance. Something is wrong somewhere.
LOL. Where exactly did you get the jamb statistics from? You made assumptions as usual abi?

4 Likes

Re: The Latest WAEC Ranking Of The 36 States Is As Follow : by Patrioticooduan: 3:39pm On Jul 29, 2018
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Imo has the highest number of graduates.
And the highest number of professors
Highest number of professors indeed
Re: The Latest WAEC Ranking Of The 36 States Is As Follow : by somegirl1: 3:40pm On Jul 29, 2018
Patrioticooduan:

Whatever woman.

smiley

1 Like

Re: The Latest WAEC Ranking Of The 36 States Is As Follow : by divilele(m): 3:42pm On Jul 29, 2018
Abia and expo eehn
Re: The Latest WAEC Ranking Of The 36 States Is As Follow : by Patrioticooduan: 3:43pm On Jul 29, 2018
TundeBricklayer:

Sorry grin

Anambra 1st
Delta 2nd
Edo 3rd
I tire for this anambra supremacist guy ooo.

Re: The Latest WAEC Ranking Of The 36 States Is As Follow : by yeyeboy23(m): 3:45pm On Jul 29, 2018
[quote author=benben1000 post=69802555]By the time Igbos are done with afonjas in this country, they will run back to Benin Republic and Togo were they emigrated from in shame. See them dragging positions with Bauchi and Zamfara...shame on you people. If you have sense agree to separation because other are seeing that you people know nothing. Awolowo put you at the top through ojoro...wuluwulu, because he know the anointed ones Igbos were destroyed by the war, opened an opportunity for the lazy afonjas to get to fake top position because they had no competitors. All competitors were affected by the war. Forgeting that you can bring a donkey to the stream but cannot force it to drink. This one weak me
Re: The Latest WAEC Ranking Of The 36 States Is As Follow : by Patrioticooduan: 3:45pm On Jul 29, 2018
ndy87:
I think this thread is to tell us how good or how bad students performed in the just concluded WAEC examination. it is not a call for tribal bashing or superiority, the day we drop all these sentiment is the day we rise as a Nation.

We are not a nation. We are a country of many nations
Re: The Latest WAEC Ranking Of The 36 States Is As Follow : by TundeBricklayer: 4:03pm On Jul 29, 2018
Patrioticooduan:

I guess this is end of discussion

This is from NYSC grin

Imo, Anambra, Delta are highest distribution of students that go for NYSC

Take your time and go through the table grin grin southeast top in medicine, Law, Pharmacy, Science, social science, Education, Art grin do the calculation or download the report southeast produces highest numbers of corpers in Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: The Latest WAEC Ranking Of The 36 States Is As Follow : by Patrioticooduan: 4:30pm On Jul 29, 2018
TundeBricklayer:

I guess this is end of discussion

This is from NYSC grin

Imo, Anambra, Delta are highest distribution of students that go for NYSC

Take your time and go through the table grin grin southeast top in medicine, Law, Pharmacy, Science, social science, Education, Art grin do the calculation or download the report southeast produces highest numbers of corpers in Nigeria
You are a funny guy. Wetin concern NYSC with this matter? Only and ekiti is listed in south west. Where is osun, Oyo, ondo, and Ogun?
Re: The Latest WAEC Ranking Of The 36 States Is As Follow : by BrownRoofRep: 4:41pm On Jul 29, 2018
Patrioticooduan:

I tire for this anambra supremacist guy ooo.
Are you alright?
Can't you see that whatever you posted has Imo as the constant top and then Delta and Anambra to follow.
Even the stats from Breau of Stats is very clear that Igbos are on top, yet you are here whining. Why are you Afonja moro.ns so dumb?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Latest WAEC Ranking Of The 36 States Is As Follow : by TundeBricklayer: 4:47pm On Jul 29, 2018
Patrioticooduan:

Anambra state produces highest numbers of medical students, Law and Pharmacy followed by IMO and Delta state check the table grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Latest WAEC Ranking Of The 36 States Is As Follow : by TundeBricklayer: 4:49pm On Jul 29, 2018
Patrioticooduan:

You are a funny guy. Wetin concern NYSC with this matter? Only and ekiti is listed in south west. Where is osun, Oyo, ondo, and Ogun?

2 Likes

Re: The Latest WAEC Ranking Of The 36 States Is As Follow : by Patrioticooduan: 4:58pm On Jul 29, 2018
TundeBricklayer:

Anambra state produces highest numbers of medical students, Law and Pharmacy followed by IMO and Delta state check the table grin cheesy
Lols! This one Na story. Who is talking of state? We are comparing regions. You are using NYSC registration to prove your point. Until there is verifiable fact and stats, I won't believe all the sh.ite you posted.
But for now, we know the south west has the highest number of graduates in Nigeria. Directly from jamb

Re: The Latest WAEC Ranking Of The 36 States Is As Follow : by Patrioticooduan: 5:01pm On Jul 29, 2018
BrownRoofRep:

Are you alright?
Can't you see that whatever you posted has Imo as the constant top and then Delta and Anambra to follow.
Even the stats from Breau of Stats is very clear that Igbos are on top, yet you are here whining. Why are you Afonja moro.ns so dumb?
Guy comot here. We are comparing Yoruba and Ibos here. Igbos are not on top.
Compare and contrast by calculating the numbers in each state.
You are behind the south west

Re: The Latest WAEC Ranking Of The 36 States Is As Follow : by Hisduchess(f): 5:07pm On Jul 29, 2018
ibotic:
Ndi Yoruba now competing with Ndi awusa..... grin grin

grin grin grin grin.nkea ato mu iche

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kazeem Jimoh Wins 2019 UNESCO MAB Award / Anambra State Finest Mission School-photos / Update ON Lagos Teacher Knocked Off My Nephews Tooth And Threatened Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.