Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:24 PM

Why Hell Fire Does Not Exist - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Hell Fire Does Not Exist (9983 Views)

Why Hell? / Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? / "Hell Does Not Exist" - Pope Francis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Hell Fire Does Not Exist by OneJ: 9:47am On Aug 31, 2018
TruthinAction:

As usual, you only look at Scriptures that seems to support your opinions and turn blind eyes to several other Scriptures that contradicts your opinions. You mean to say that their are no proofs of God punishing people even his own people in the Bible?

Jesus made it so clear that even many ministers will be rejected on judgment day.

Our Lord Jesus spoke about eternal damnation in such unmistaken terms that suggest it's a place of eternal torment.

Even the final book of the Bible reveals there is a Lake of fire which is literal. You have the option to reject the truth because of your preconceived opinions.

God is a God of love and also a God of judgment.

He destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah with literal fire.

He destroyed the first earth with flood that only 8 souls got saved.

He destroyed the 10 spies that brought evil reports after searching the land of Canaan.

There are countless records of God's judgment in the Bible.

Revelation 6:17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

Hebrews 10:31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Hebrews 12:29 For our God is a consuming fire.

U are well educated & u understand my question, why U dey dodge am?

My question to U: the perfect man who sinned, Adam, did God punish him in hellfire ? Why U no fit give us solid proof that Adam was tortured in perpetual fire ?
pls respond.

Shalom.
Re: Why Hell Fire Does Not Exist by TruthinAction: 2:04pm On Aug 31, 2018
OneJ:

U are well educated & u understand my question, why U dey dodge am?

My question to U: the perfect man who sinned, Adam, did God punish him in hellfire ? Why U no fit give us solid proof that Adam was tortured in perpetual fire ?
pls respond.

Shalom.

Yes, Adam sinned and his sin was atoned for. So, he was free from further judgment. God clothed them with coats of skins. Where did he get the coats of skin from? Only from animals that have been killed. So God offered the first blood sacrifice to protect them.

Besides, God doesn't have to reveal all those who went to hell. He alone has the record. But we do know that all who reject the gospel of our Lord Jesus will eventually end up in hell.
Re: Why Hell Fire Does Not Exist by OneJ: 2:41am On Sep 01, 2018
TruthinAction:

Yes, Adam sinned and his sin was atoned for. So, he was free from further judgment. God clothed them with coats of skins. Where did he get the coats of skin from? Only from animals that have been killed. So God offered the first blood sacrifice to protect them.

Besides, God doesn't have to reveal all those who went to hell. He alone has the record. But we do know that all who reject the gospel of our Lord Jesus will eventually end up in hell.

Hahahahahahahahahahaaa......
So U said "yes" ! U are a liar.

On a serious note, if U really study the Bible well, U will clearly see that Adam never went to hellfire. It does not exist.
He didn't escape God punishment. Gen 2:17. 3:17-19, 5:5, Rom 6:23. 2 thess 1:7-9.

Pls go back to your previous post. Note the word (a verb) U used to describe how God dealt with wicked people....
The key word is "destroyed". pls confirm what action Christ would take against evildoers. 2 Thes 1:7-9.

Hell & death were cast into lake of fire Rev20:13-15, this means second death. (Not torture or torment in a perpetual burning furnace).
Pls recall, Adam, Sodom & Gomorrah, the flood of Noah's day, the 10 spies, the Israelites who revolted against Moses etc. They all had one thing in common, (God gave U a brain, pls think !!!!!).
What is the wages they all had?
If U know, U know.....

2 Likes

Re: Why Hell Fire Does Not Exist by Jessicha(f): 6:14am On Sep 01, 2018
Peacefullove:

I always call this guy assumption master and a liar , Can you all now see why?

Primesky says Jesus went to heaven the same say he died !!! Hahahahahahaha

What did Jesus and the Bible say ?

I did not ascend to the Father - John 20 vs 17

He didn't go to heaven until 40 days after been raised up - Act 1 vs 3,9

Primesky , When will you repent of telling lies in the name of doctrine ?

Seriously someone can be so blind to assume Jesus ascend to heaven the day he died just to protect his opinion . Lol really ?
Re: Why Hell Fire Does Not Exist by Peacefullove: 6:38am On Sep 01, 2018
Jessicha:

Seriously someone can be so blind to assume Jesus ascend to heaven the day he died just to protect his opinion . Lol really ?

That's how assumption Master primesky use to do grin
Re: Why Hell Fire Does Not Exist by TruthinAction: 12:39pm On Sep 01, 2018
Hi
OneJ:

Hahahahahahahahahahaaa......
So U said "yes" ! U are a liar.

On a serious note, if U really study the Bible well, U will clearly see that Adam never went to hellfire. It does not exist.
He didn't escape God punishment. Gen 2:17. 3:17-19, 5:5, Rom 6:23. 2 thess 1:7-9.

Pls go back to your previous post. Note the word (a verb) U used to describe how God dealt with wicked people....
The key word is "destroyed". pls confirm what action Christ would take against evildoers. 2 Thes 1:7-9.

Hell & death were cast into lake of fire Rev20:13-15, this means second death. (Not torture or torment in a perpetual burning furnace).
Pls recall, Adam, Sodom & Gomorrah, the flood of Noah's day, the 10 spies, the Israelites who revolted against Moses etc. They all had one thing in common, (God gave U a brain, pls think !!!!!).
What is the wages they all had?
If U know, U know.....

Revelation 19:20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were CAST ALIVE into a LAKE of FIRE burning with brimstone.

Revelation 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, WHERE THE BEAST AND THE FALSE PROPHET ARE, and shall be TORMENTED DAY AND NIGHT FOR EVER AND EVER.

Please read these two verses over and over again and have sense. Save yourself from the burning hell and stop believing the lies you have been told. Don't fight with your conscience. Humble yourself and accept the truth. The Scripture I just quoted above does not have any ambiguity in the interpretations.

If you still hold on to your belief after reading these two verses, there is no redemption for you. And your torment will be worse in the very hell you don't believe. The choice is yours.
Re: Why Hell Fire Does Not Exist by xaggar(m): 1:21pm On Sep 01, 2018
I think primesky should try to get the meaning of
1. Death
2. Hell
3. Destruction
4. Man.

How do you destroy something and that thing still exist somehow. When I say exist, I mean it lives. 2 thes. 1:9
Re: Why Hell Fire Does Not Exist by Primesky(m): 7:44pm On Sep 01, 2018
xaggar:
I think primesky should try to get the meaning of
1. Death
2. Hell
3. Destruction
4. Man.

How do you destroy something and that thing still exist somehow. When I say exist, I mean it lives. 2 thes. 1:9

OK, are you a born again Christian?.
Re: Why Hell Fire Does Not Exist by Primesky(m): 7:50pm On Sep 01, 2018
Peacefullove:

That's how assumption Master primesky use to do grin

Are you not ashamed of this twisting you're doing?. Did Jesus commit His spirit into God's hands or not?. This so a case of a guilty party calling another guilty.

You asked a question, whether based on lack of knowledge I don't know. When answered, you and your colleagues twist it.

Tell me, how could Jesus go to heaven, be in the tomb and also be preaching in the prison to souls of ancient men at the same time, how many is He?. I guess the truth is too hard too hard for you. Stop denying the bible and dwelling in a lie.
Re: Why Hell Fire Does Not Exist by Primesky(m): 7:58pm On Sep 01, 2018
Jessicha:

Are you also one of them?. Did you even read the reply?, never trust this JWs except you're one of them.

Peacefullove left out everything said, and focused on the part that gives him comfort. Is pity this people call themselves witnesses of Jehovah.

I repeat, there is no way a man who does not believe in man having a spirit, soul and body can understand the scriptures!.

Jesus rose bodily from the tomb on the third day, ascended bodily to heaven after forty days!. Peacefullove, do you accept this bodily resurrection and ascension?. May God help this people o.
Re: Why Hell Fire Does Not Exist by Primesky(m): 8:03pm On Sep 01, 2018
Peacefullove:

I always call this guy assumption master and a liar , Can you all now see why?

Primesky says Jesus went to heaven the same say he died !!! Hahahahahahaha

What did Jesus and the Bible say ?

I did not ascend to the Father - John 20 vs 17

He didn't go to heaven until 40 days after been raised up - Act 1 vs 3,9

Primesky , When will you repent of telling lies in the name of doctrine ?

Wonderful!. Spiritual blindness is very real!. It's either you're spiritually blind, or you choose to ignore the truth. Your defense is such as to deny that Jesus has a body, soul and spirit. What a shame.
Peacefullove, Jesus rose bodily from the grave on the third day, ascended to heaven bodily after 40 days!. Do you accept this truth?.
Re: Why Hell Fire Does Not Exist by Primesky(m): 8:12pm On Sep 01, 2018
Peacefullove:

Nothing was twisted , the problem is you don't know your own Bible.

You twisted it!. Stop denying the obvious. Which bible are you talking about?.

the Holy Spirit of God teaches us Christians the bible. You, who teach you the bible?, the Holy Spirit or watch tower?.
Re: Why Hell Fire Does Not Exist by Primesky(m): 8:15pm On Sep 01, 2018
Peacefullove:

You wrote jargons up there , contradicting yourself here and there.

I will pick the sane and relevant point . and we would iron it out

Why am I not surprised?. Truth will always be jargons for the pridefully ignorant. I will keep praying for you though. The Lord is delivering many of your colleagues from that cult.
Re: Why Hell Fire Does Not Exist by Primesky(m): 8:17pm On Sep 01, 2018
Peacefullove:

Primesky the assumption and liar master.

I will respond to you shortly .

grin #Peacefullove

I pray God will grant you the Saul experience, because until then, you will keep being deluded thinking you're serving the Lord. I love you, but stop dwelling in a lie. Repent and be saved.
Re: Why Hell Fire Does Not Exist by Peacefullove: 1:51am On Sep 03, 2018
Primesky:

Are you not ashamed of this twisting you're doing?. Did Jesus commit His spirit into God's hands or not?. This so a case of a guilty party calling another guilty.

You asked a question, whether based on lack of knowledge I don't know. When answered, you and your colleagues twist it.

Tell me, how could Jesus go to heaven , be in the tomb and also be preaching in the prison to souls of ancient men at the same time, how many is He?. I guess the truth is too hard too hard for you. Stop denying the bible and dwelling in a lie.

Stop telling lies grin

He said he didn't go to heaven - I ( Jesus) haven't ascend to my Father and God , John 20 vs 17

He didn't went to his Father in heaven the day he died . his Sprit is not a person . shey you grab ? grin grin

I know you must continue to lie that he go to his Father the day he died so that u can maintain your gabbage definition of human spirit. But as the case reveal , It's a Big lie.
Re: Why Hell Fire Does Not Exist by Primesky(m): 1:53pm On Sep 08, 2018
Peacefullove:

Stop telling lies grin

He said he didn't go to heaven - I ( Jesus) haven't ascend to my Father and God , John 20 vs 17

He didn't went to his Father in heaven the day he died . his Sprit is not a person . shey you grab ? grin grin

I know you must continue to lie that he go to his Father the day he died so that u can maintain your gabbage definition of human spirit. But as the case reveal , It's a Big lie.

What a pity!. You have simply refused to admit the obvious truth. But that won't save you. Why do you harm your self like this?.

The Spirit is not a person?. Who said that, God or Mr. Russell?. The bible or the watch tower?.

If the spirit is not a person, then who or what is it?.

A spiritless or soulless man is a demon!. Get that very clear. So tell me who you are?.

You call it garbage, nonsense and non existent as you have been programmed by watch tower to believe. The bible refers to the spirit as a person!. So who is the lair, you or the Holy scriptures?. Isn't it shameful that you would reject the bible truth and accept the doctrine of a man or men?, because they told you that no matter how much you read the bible, you can never know it well enough except they, the chief slaves at watch tower interpret it. What a horrible prison!. My dear, repent and come out of that cult!. It's a plea, not an insult please.

1 Like

Re: Why Hell Fire Does Not Exist by Peacefullove: 2:52pm On Sep 08, 2018
Primesky:

[s]
What a pity!. You have simply refused to admit the obvious truth. But that won't save you. Why do you harm your self like this?.

The Spirit is not a person?. Who said that, God or Mr. Russell?. The bible or the watch tower?.

If the spirit is not a person, then who or what is it?.

A spiritless or soulless man is a demon!. Get that very clear. So tell me who you are?.

You call it garbage, nonsense and non existent as you have been programmed by watch tower to believe. The bible refers to the spirit as a person!. So who is the lair, you or the Holy scriptures?. Isn't it shameful that you would reject the bible truth and accept the doctrine of a man or men?, because they told you that no matter how much you read the bible, you can never know it well enough except they, the chief slaves at watch tower interpret it. What a horrible prison!. My dear, repent and come out of that cult!. It's a plea, not an insult please.
[/s]

Church man, you have been so programmed to shut the door of reasoning.

You lied Jesus ascend to heaven the day he died.

He said he didn't Mr Primesky . John 20 vs 17 said it all . grin grin

Lie Lie primesky grin

Are you fighting Jesus with your lies ? grin

1 Like

Re: Why Hell Fire Does Not Exist by Primesky(m): 6:09pm On Sep 08, 2018
Peacefullove:

Lie Lie primesky grin

My friend, can you stop running away from the questions?. Who or what is a spirit?. Tell us.

Then tell us the house Jesus entered when He came down in 1914?.

Yes, also please tell us, is the Holy communion a pegan ceremony, that warrant your refusing it?.

Oh so sorry!, just this once. Please tell us how Jesus Christ rose up again, spiritually or bodily?. Thank you.

When you've finished answering these questions, you can then laugh cheesy grin
Re: Why Hell Fire Does Not Exist by Peacefullove: 6:17pm On Sep 08, 2018
Primesky:

[s]
My friend, can you stop running away from the questions?. Who or what is a spirit?. Tell us.

Then tell us the house Jesus entered when He came down in 1914?.

Yes, also please tell us, is the Holy communion a pegan ceremony, that warrant your refusing it?.

Oh so sorry!, just this once. Please tell us how Jesus Christ rose up again, spiritually or bodily?. Thank you.

When you've finished answering these questions, you can then laugh [/s] cheesy grin

No, am laughing already

Yeshua: I entrust my spirit into my Father's hand, not Myself o ... Cos I didn't return to heaven until 40 days after am raised up

Primesky; Yeshua , you lied . Spirit is the person of you . Yeshua you went to heaven that day . So wat are you telling me ?

grin grin
Re: Why Hell Fire Does Not Exist by Hairyrapunzel: 6:40pm On Sep 08, 2018
Paradise earth is a figment of Charles Russell taze imagination too. Imaginary fairytale evil kinda thinking
Re: Why Hell Fire Does Not Exist by Horus(m): 6:52pm On Sep 08, 2018
They don’t know where hell is, or if such a place really exists. They can’t even decide what hell is. Which one is it? Is it the lake of fire (Revelation 20:10) or the pit (Revelation 11:7) or is it a place where you will be given oozing pus to drink like the Koran describes (Koran 14:16), or a place where you will be roasted (Koran 17:18), or a prison. Also, how did the pit get there? How did a big place of fire get beneath us? Did God create it down there? Why is it that scientists haven’t discovered it yet being they have dug holes straight down to the center of the Earth? Why is it that you can’t find hell if it really is a place that exists? Scientists have listened to the ground, they have all kinds of advanced technical equipment with computers. Have they heard crackling fires? No!!! Why? Because hell is a state of mind. It is what you make it. It exists within you, for each one will pattern his or her hell according to what he believes hell is. They don’t hear anybody down there screaming and hollering or any torturing. So what makes you believe that there is some place “down there” that you will go if you are a sinner where there is fire and demons? The Bible? Let’s be for real! There is nothing in the Bible that has been proven to be facts yet. You can’t even prove that the characters in your Bible really exists, let alone a place called hell! The hell that your Preachers, Teachers, Pastors, Rabbis, Imaams, and Sheiks preach to you about is another trick to keep you trapped under religion

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Hell Fire Does Not Exist by Hairyrapunzel: 6:54pm On Sep 08, 2018
Restroom:
For thousands of years now, many have been led to believe in the doctrine of hell fire.

Biblically, this teaching has no basis.
Some invoke the expression recorded in Revelation
21:8 and Rev 19:20, I.e. the 'lake of fire' or 'lake that burns with sulfur'as evidence of hell fire.

Others point to Jesus parable about the rich man and Lazarus, recorded in Luke 16:19-31.

While these Bible verses speak of punishment in fire, they are not to be taken literally.

The language in which the Book of Revelation was written, were all symbolic. Also, the story of the Rich man and Lazarus, was an illustration directed at the proud pharisees, who believed they were favoured before God. Jesus used the illustration to let the pharisees realized that, things have changed for the ordinary Israelites, with the arrival of the messiah. God stopped using the pharisees to teach the Jews the law, with the coming of Jesus Christ .With the presence of Gods son teaching the Jews directly about God, the spiritual condition of the Jews became elevated while the Pharisees were debased. Seeing the changed condition of the jews, and the judgment message of Jesus against the Pharisees, they became enraged at Jesus.

Interestingly, Jesus Christ ended the role of the Pharisees as teachers of the law, when he established Christianity.Since the birth of the Christian congregation, the ordinary Jews and later the Gentiles, became opportuned to worship God freely.

Yet, as simple as the illustration of the rich man and pharisees were, the religions of today have latched on to it, as proof that hell fire existed. The Pharisees that Jesus directed the message to knew that Jesus was talking to them. They knew the meaning that, spiritually speaking, their position as teachers of the law had changed forever with Jesus presence. And that the common man they looked down upon is now favoured with the previlegde of been taught the way of Christ, which opens to them the direct opportunity of communicating with God.

Hence, to those who misconstrue, the parable of the rich man and Lazarus as proof of hell fire, it is good to read that account again, to get the import of the parable.

According to first John 4:8, God is Love.

Can a God of love burn his sinning creatures in fire?

What do you think?

To answer it clearly, think about yourself for a moment. Can you burn your child in fire for sinning or doing something you forbid?

Can you ?
Well, I can't.

As a human, how many of us even think about using fire as a possible means to punish criminals?

Few, if any.
How many human government burn criminals alive?

None!
If humans in General Dont do it, why do people now want God to do it?
If human government Dont burn criminals in fire, is it God that we now burn his own creature in everlasting fire?

God is love.
If humans, Dont do it, God can't do it.
We are made in God s image, remember.
If you can't do it, because it looks unjust, then, God cannot do it.

Also, there is no record in the Genesis account of creation, of how God created Hellfire and where it is located.Where is hellfire located ?Who created it? Where is evidence that God created it? The bible recorded how God created everything, including the sun, moon and stars.How come it is silent about hellfire?

Now God told Adam, that if he sins against him, he would go back to the dust.Because he created him from the dust. Now if Adam returned to the dust as God told him, how come his children go the hell fire as popularly claimed by churches of today?

God specifically told Adam in Genesis 3:19- For dust you are, and to dust, you will return.

But churches now say, for dust you are and to hellfire you will return.

Can God lie?

Who knows better, God or churches?

Where do we go at death?

Is Adam in hell fire?
Which hell fire?

According to God is statement to Adam, at death, he returned to dust, to a state of none existence.

Adam was none existent before God created him.

At death, he returned to that state signified by dust.

But churches say no. We do not die. We continue to live but in hell fire.
So a lot of people end up believing the big lie that hell fire exist .

God cannot lie.Satan is the only one that can burn sinners in hellfire, an imaginary place he has created to paint God as a wicked person who can debase his human creation by burning the sinners amongst them in hell fire.

Now, did God burn Adam in hell fire after he sinned, and became the first sinner on earth?

What's your answer?

If Adam didn't go to hell fire, as the first sinner, does it make sense to believe that his children and all sinners are in hell fire?

Just the way you have been made to believe there is something called paradise earth for 140 years now

The story in the book of revelation according to your leaders in the book of revelation is symbolic whereas the 144000 is literal. Your religion is really a joke.

The story of the rich man and Lazarus is a parable and symbolic whereas the parable of the faithful and discrete slave is literal and a prophecy to mean 8 old men who will reside in new York according to your leaders.

It's like your leaders now choose when something is figurative and literal in the Bible. Na wa o

1 Like

Re: Why Hell Fire Does Not Exist by MrPRevailer(m): 7:15pm On Sep 08, 2018
Peacefullove:

My tagged questions are still there unattempted.

Ignorance 101. You need to be schooled by your bible since you don't understand what you are quoting up and down

Will reply . busy Now

You are just being silly, and unlearnable. So many scriptures have been given by Primesky acutely plain and effortlessly self-interpretable. Even proving through several doctrines of Jesus that the story of the Rich man was a literal concept and not proverb.

May God deliver you and those you have deceived in Jesus name.

If you are purposely fighting God, I want you to know the battle is between only God and Satan. If you decided to join Satan, you have joined the losing side and will pay darely for it, if you end in the wrong place. The devil has no love for humans, even his chief human agents wil suffer his wrath in hell. All his earthly promises are to deceive them. May you think aright.
Re: Why Hell Fire Does Not Exist by Hairyrapunzel: 7:26pm On Sep 08, 2018
Peacefullove:

Lie Lie primesky grin

See someone calling somebody liar. I no fit laugh. You that will remove a word from a sentence in the bible on purpose to make your your lies/assumption seem like they are true. Lol

1 Like

Re: Why Hell Fire Does Not Exist by Hairyrapunzel: 7:32pm On Sep 08, 2018
MrPRevailer:

You are just being silly, and unlearnable. So many scriptures have been given by Primesky acutely plain and effortlessly self-interpretable. Even proving through several doctrines of Jesus that the story of the Rich man was a literal concept and not proverb.

If you are purposely fighting God, I want you to know the battle is between only God and Satan. If you decided to join Satan, you have joined the losing side and will pay darely for it, if you end in the wrong place. The devil has no love for humans, even his chief human agents wil suffer his wrath in hell. All his earthly promises are to deceive them. May you think aright.

Don't mind them they say parable of faithful and discrete slave is literal while other parables are figurative. Their leaders said their jehovah gave them (their leaders) the right to select the stories that are literal and figurative.

Their leaders turned parable to prophecy that will mean having 8 old men in new York that will lead an earthly publishing company called watchtower organization.

I don't know how they arrived at this prophecy o. But this is what they teach their followers
Re: Why Hell Fire Does Not Exist by MrPRevailer(m): 7:32pm On Sep 08, 2018
Horus:
They don’t know where hell is, or if such a place really exists. They can’t even decide what hell is. Which one is it? Is it the lake of fire (Revelation 20:10) or the pit (Revelation 11:7) or is it a place where you will be given oozing pus to drink like the Koran describes (Koran 14:16), or a place where you will be roasted (Koran 17:18), or a prison. Also, how did the pit get there? How did a big place of fire get beneath us? Did God create it down there? Why is it that scientists haven’t discovered it yet being they have dug holes straight down to the center of the Earth? Why is it that you can’t find hell if it really is a place that exists? Scientists have listened to the ground, they have all kinds of advanced technical equipment with computers. Have they heard crackling fires? No!!! Why? Because hell is a state of mind. It is what you make it. It exists within you, for each one will pattern his or her hell according to what he believes hell is. They don’t hear anybody down there screaming and hollering or any torturing. So what makes you believe that there is some place “down there” that you will go if you are a sinner where there is fire and demons? The Bible? Let’s be for real! There is nothing in the Bible that has been proven to be facts yet. You can’t even prove that the characters in your Bible really exists, let alone a place called hell! The hell that your Preachers, Teachers, Pastors, Rabbis, Imaams, and Sheiks preach to you about is another trick to keep you trapped under religion

Sorry to burst your bubble.
Scientists have not been able to dig past the mantle of the earth. Please see my post on this here.

https://www.nairaland.com/4418088/know-hellfire-under-earth-know

Numbers 16:33
"And they went down alive into the pit, the ground closing upon them, and they perished from among the people."

The book of Ezekiel also talks about the slain of God's enemies going to hell and Pharaoh being comforted upon seeing them. Read carefully.

Ezekiel 32:28-32
28Yea, thou shalt be broken in the midst of the uncircumcised, and shalt lie with them that are slain with the sword.

29There is Edom, her kings, and all her princes, which with their might are laid by them that were slain by the sword: they shall lie with the uncircumcised, and with them that go down to the pit.

30There be the princes of the north, all of them, and all the Zidonians, which are gone down with the slain; with their terror they are ashamed of their might; and they lie uncircumcised with them that be slain by the sword, and bear their shame with them that go down to the pit.

31Pharaoh shall see them, and shall be comforted over all his multitude, even Pharaoh and all his army slain by the sword, saith the Lord GOD. 32For I have caused my terror in the land of the living: and he shall be laid in the midst of the uncircumcised with them that are slain with the sword, even Pharaoh and all his multitude, saith the Lord GOD.
Re: Why Hell Fire Does Not Exist by Hairyrapunzel: 7:45pm On Sep 08, 2018
Restroom:
For thousands of years now, many have been led to believe in the doctrine of hell fire.

Biblically, this teaching has no basis.
Some invoke the expression recorded in Revelation
21:8 and Rev 19:20, I.e. the 'lake of fire' or 'lake that burns with sulfur'as evidence of hell fire.

Others point to Jesus parable about the rich man and Lazarus, recorded in Luke 16:19-31.

While these Bible verses speak of punishment in fire, they are not to be taken literally.

The language in which the Book of Revelation was written, were all symbolic. Also, the story of the Rich man and Lazarus, was an illustration directed at the proud pharisees, who believed they were favoured before God. Jesus used the illustration to let the pharisees realized that, things have changed for the ordinary Israelites, with the arrival of the messiah. God stopped using the pharisees to teach the Jews the law, with the coming of Jesus Christ .With the presence of Gods son teaching the Jews directly about God, the spiritual condition of the Jews became elevated while the Pharisees were debased. Seeing the changed condition of the jews, and the judgment message of Jesus against the Pharisees, they became enraged at Jesus.

Interestingly, Jesus Christ ended the role of the Pharisees as teachers of the law, when he established Christianity.Since the birth of the Christian congregation, the ordinary Jews and later the Gentiles, became opportuned to worship God freely.

Yet, as simple as the illustration of the rich man and pharisees were, the religions of today have latched on to it, as proof that hell fire existed. The Pharisees that Jesus directed the message to knew that Jesus was talking to them. They knew the meaning that, spiritually speaking, their position as teachers of the law had changed forever with Jesus presence. And that the common man they looked down upon is now favoured with the previlegde of been taught the way of Christ, which opens to them the direct opportunity of communicating with God.

Hence, to those who misconstrue, the parable of the rich man and Lazarus as proof of hell fire, it is good to read that account again, to get the import of the parable.

According to first John 4:8, God is Love.

Can a God of love burn his sinning creatures in fire?

What do you think?

To answer it clearly, think about yourself for a moment. Can you burn your child in fire for sinning or doing something you forbid?

Can you ?
Well, I can't.

As a human, how many of us even think about using fire as a possible means to punish criminals?

Few, if any.
How many human government burn criminals alive?

None!
If humans in General Dont do it, why do people now want God to do it?
If human government Dont burn criminals in fire, is it God that we now burn his own creature in everlasting fire?

God is love.
If humans, Dont do it, God can't do it.
We are made in God s image, remember.
If you can't do it, because it looks unjust, then, God cannot do it.

Also, there is no record in the Genesis account of creation, of how God created Hellfire and where it is located.Where is hellfire located ?Who created it? Where is evidence that God created it? The bible recorded how God created everything, including the sun, moon and stars.How come it is silent about hellfire?

Now God told Adam, that if he sins against him, he would go back to the dust.Because he created him from the dust. Now if Adam returned to the dust as God told him, how come his children go the hell fire as popularly claimed by churches of today?

God specifically told Adam in Genesis 3:19- For dust you are, and to dust, you will return.

But churches now say, for dust you are and to hellfire you will return.

Can God lie?

Who knows better, God or churches?

Where do we go at death?

Is Adam in hell fire?
Which hell fire?

According to God is statement to Adam, at death, he returned to dust, to a state of none existence.

Adam was none existent before God created him.

At death, he returned to that state signified by dust.

But churches say no. We do not die. We continue to live but in hell fire.
So a lot of people end up believing the big lie that hell fire exist .

God cannot lie.Satan is the only one that can burn sinners in hellfire, an imaginary place he has created to paint God as a wicked person who can debase his human creation by burning the sinners amongst them in hell fire.

Now, did God burn Adam in hell fire after he sinned, and became the first sinner on earth?

What's your answer?

If Adam didn't go to hell fire, as the first sinner, does it make sense to believe that his children and all sinners are in hell fire?

God is love yet you dream of and are patiently waiting for the day your jehovah will come slaughter 8 billion non jws and send vultures to eat their corpses jws so 8 million jws can inherit earth and live forever in a Paradise earth that will stink of dead bodies and will be like north Korea.

You get big log for your eyes yet you want to remove the spec in someone else's eye.
Re: Why Hell Fire Does Not Exist by Peacefullove: 1:37am On Sep 09, 2018
MrPRevailer:

The time you wasted typing the above could have been better spent answering those questions primesky couldn't answer. grin

And are you aware of the various lies Primesky has awarded on this thread .

Let me show you two.

1) the people who died in Noah's day went to hell grin

2) Jesus went to heaven the day he died grin

Is that the person you Are supporting ?

Bro, kindly help explain why those who died in the sea do not go to hell ? Rev 20 vs 13
Re: Why Hell Fire Does Not Exist by Peacefullove: 1:38am On Sep 09, 2018
MrPRevailer:

Sorry to burst your bubble.
Scientists have not been able to dig past the mantle of the earth. Please see my post on this here.

https://www.nairaland.com/4418088/know-hellfire-under-earth-know

Numbers 16:33
"And they went down alive into the pit, the ground closing upon them, and they perished from among the people."

The book of Ezekiel also talks about the slain of God's enemies going to hell and Pharaoh being comforted upon seeing them. Read carefully.

Ezekiel 32:28-32
28Yea, thou shalt be broken in the midst of the uncircumcised, and shalt lie with them that are slain with the sword.

29There is Edom, her kings, and all her princes, which with their might are laid by them that were slain by the sword: they shall lie with the uncircumcised, and with them that go down to the pit.

30There be the princes of the north, all of them, and all the Zidonians, which are gone down with the slain; with their terror they are ashamed of their might; and they lie uncircumcised with them that be slain by the sword, and bear their shame with them that go down to the pit.

31Pharaoh shall see them, and shall be comforted over all his multitude, even Pharaoh and all his army slain by the sword, saith the Lord GOD. 32For I have caused my terror in the land of the living: and he shall be laid in the midst of the uncircumcised with them that are slain with the sword, even Pharaoh and all his multitude, saith the Lord GOD.

Quoting what. You don't understand as usual.

Which of the Pharaoh? Same pharaoh that died in the SEA ?
Re: Why Hell Fire Does Not Exist by MrPRevailer(m): 4:41am On Sep 09, 2018
Peacefullove:

The time you wasted typing the above could have been better spent answering those questions primesky couldn't answer. grin

Let me show you two.

Bro, kindly help explain why those who died in the sea do not go to hell ? Rev 20 vs 13

If you don't believe in the resurrection of the dead or hell why do you ask about Rev 20 vs 13 since the Bible is explaining there that they'll be resurrected to be cast in a lake of everlasting fire?

Primesky is correct about no 1
I'm not sure you are quoting him right for no 2.
I'm not concerned about your 2 faults with primesky. All he has said about reality of hell is correct, plain, self-explanatory.

I'm glad he was here early to spear your deceptive tactics.
Re: Why Hell Fire Does Not Exist by MrPRevailer(m): 4:53am On Sep 09, 2018
Peacefullove:

Quoting what. You don't understand as usual.

Which of the Pharaoh? Same pharaoh that died in the SEA ?

Why do you leave the focus and chasing shadows?
For the topic being discussed, it doesn't matter which pharaoh it is. What matters is they are dead, slain and comforted to see them. The Bible attributes an emotional state to dead people that have ceased to exist, meaning they are still conscious and alive somewhere.,.. "in the pit/hell".

And Numbers 16 also told how the earth opened up and the rebellious princes of the people went into the pit alive.
Re: Why Hell Fire Does Not Exist by Primesky(m): 2:44pm On Sep 09, 2018
Peacefullove:

Let me show you two.

It shocks me the way you twist things all in a bid to defend a lie. The question two you talked about, who did I say went to heaven, when Jesus committed His spirit into God's hands at the cross, where went His spirit, to the grave?. Is the grave God's hands?. If Jesus committed His spirit into God's hands, how come He went down into the prison to preach and at the same time His body was in the tomb, does that alone not teach something about man having a trinity?. You people have absolutely no excuse, because the scripture is very clear about this truth. Despite the clear explanation, you still chose to stick with falsehood, why do you do this to yourself?.

Your problem as I have always said, is in the fact that you don't believe in man having an active, conscious spirit, soul and body.

God bless you MrPRevailer, I feel so terribly sad to see that these our brothers are being deceived like this. I know that only God by His infinite mercy can save them. This people do not know that they are directly opposing Jesus Christ in every way. Please help me ask Peacefullove and OneJ to answer the questions below.

1. When Jesus came in 1914 according to watch tower, where did He enter, and where is He now?. What actually did the Bible say about the time and coming of Jesus Christ?.

2. Jesus Christ commanded that we observe the holy communion in remembrance of Him, so why do guys make a mockery of it?, are you not then mocking Jesus Christ who gave the command?.

3. How did Jesus Christ rise from the dead, bodily or spiritually?.

4. Is spirit a being or a mere force?. If spirits are mere forces or active force, can mere force talk, teach and reason with people?.

Let me stop here. Please do well to answer the above questions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Bible Confirms The Messengership Of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) / Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. / Hello Heathens!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 159
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.