Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,397 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:25 AM

Waje's Depression Story, How She Broke Her Phone - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Waje's Depression Story, How She Broke Her Phone (20761 Views)

Sira Kante Involved In An Accident That Fractured Her Spine, Broke Her Ribs / Toke Makinwa In Tears After Golfer Broke Her Windscreen (Pix) / Mercy Eke Confirms She Is Married, Says She Broke Up With Ike Months Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Waje's Depression Story, How She Broke Her Phone by stane007: 5:31pm On Jul 29, 2018
Waje, who is one of the A-list songstress in the Nigerian music industry has disclosed how she went through depression and overcame it.

According to the singer in an interview with Pulse, a depressed person does not even know that they are depressed, they will give every reason to think that they are not in that place. Waje also added that since she came into limelight, she has learnt how to guard her territory.

Here's what she said;

"The thing is, many times when people talk about depression, I always come from the angle where there is a difference between depression and anger. A depressed person does not even know that they are depressed, they will give every reason to think that they are not in that place. When you are depressed, you don't want to eat, you don't want to go out, your life stops literally.

"I have come to realise that being someone in the limelight, you have to guard your territory, I have been in that space where... I wouldn't say mine was depression, mine was anger management, it was a kind of depression but the only way I could express myself was through anger.

"I remember that time, that was the year we got signed as Glo ambassadors so actually my career was doing really good. I just released my album, I was nominated in four categories in World Music Awards every year, money dey come. But I had anger issues, why because I just didn't see myself the way I wanted to see myself. I saw myself through everybody's eye. I would look at you and whatever you tell me about me is what I would accept.

"I remember one time I was so angry, I didn't want to break my because na me pay for the tv, I broke my phone, can you imagine holding a phone and bending it like literally bending it, you can imagine the rage for being able to break a phone.

"I have come to realise that you have to guard yourself, you have to understand what is going on around you. You are in the limelight, there is Waje and there is Ebele, Waje is now, we are having this interview, Ebele is when I enter my house, don't come and tell me anything that is happening in social media and add to a headache that I already have. The only thing a depressed person needs is your time and love, not your judgment, not telling the person that he has to pray and trust God. Trust me the person knew about that before they went into that state,"she said.

Waje also disclosed that she changed her friends;

"I changed my environment, the people I hung out with a lot. I changed my friends, I started looking out for friends that would tell me things to boost my ego. The truth is that your friend is the person that would tell you the truth about you. What is the truth, the is that you beautiful, you are amazing, you are peculiar, you are unique, you are strong, you are bold, false, yes but that doesn't take anything away from you.

"I started spending time with friends who would lift me up, a lot of it had to do with Uzzy because I was working with Uzzy at that time, half the time out sections would be Uzzy talking to me, he was like my sponsor, he was like my therapist. We would have conversations, sometimes it was just me talking he would not even give me any answers. And then I go to this Present House, Pastor Tony Rapu, I started going through that detoxifying and I was going through discipleship, it was just a personal thing for me. Thank God I was able to recognise love when I found it, because those that really love me, it was in their actions, not the mouth," she concluded.

https://lailasnews.com/waje-talks-about-how-she-went-through-depression-reveals-she-broke-her-phone/

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Waje's Depression Story, How She Broke Her Phone by AJOBI77(m): 6:02pm On Jul 29, 2018
Hmnnn. Things are happening

1 Like

Re: Waje's Depression Story, How She Broke Her Phone by itspzpics(m): 6:25pm On Jul 29, 2018
Meehn KO easy
Re: Waje's Depression Story, How She Broke Her Phone by ct2: 8:40pm On Jul 29, 2018
Iife of a celebrity .........fake

9 Likes

Re: Waje's Depression Story, How She Broke Her Phone by lamideee(f): 8:40pm On Jul 29, 2018
Eeyah
Re: Waje's Depression Story, How She Broke Her Phone by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jul 29, 2018
grin

9 Likes

Re: Waje's Depression Story, How She Broke Her Phone by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:41pm On Jul 29, 2018
Depression is a silent killer

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Waje's Depression Story, How She Broke Her Phone by Organizer111222(m): 8:42pm On Jul 29, 2018
Becos you did not pay for the phone you had to break it

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Waje's Depression Story, How She Broke Her Phone by Lomprico2: 8:42pm On Jul 29, 2018
She should gerrout!!
Re: Waje's Depression Story, How She Broke Her Phone by Bossontop(m): 8:42pm On Jul 29, 2018
undecided
Abegi make i see road pass jhur........everybody for naija dey go thru one form of depression brought about by a certain old lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed so ur case no dey special

[img]https://media1./images/92dab6ccff59c9e60d0fe05f6df3e467/tenor.gif?itemid=8357519[/img]

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Waje's Depression Story, How She Broke Her Phone by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jul 29, 2018
angry

Re: Waje's Depression Story, How She Broke Her Phone by Premiumwriter: 8:43pm On Jul 29, 2018
Na wa o.
I've had my own share of it too
Re: Waje's Depression Story, How She Broke Her Phone by Olalan(m): 8:44pm On Jul 29, 2018
Many people are getting depressed but unfortunately we don't know cause we are all concerned with our virtual friends

6 Likes

Re: Waje's Depression Story, How She Broke Her Phone by whowantfuck(m): 8:44pm On Jul 29, 2018
long write up, summary please

2 Likes

Re: Waje's Depression Story, How She Broke Her Phone by Revolva(m): 8:46pm On Jul 29, 2018
depression my own Na when .money no de if money de wetin concern me n depression I laff...I no even get depression self am a hustler

10 Likes

Re: Waje's Depression Story, How She Broke Her Phone by oxygenlove(m): 8:46pm On Jul 29, 2018
U depress break phone with ur hands... Thats not depression...its nt anger either...its simply emi okuku (evil spirit) ..... Thank God for the deliverance .

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Waje's Depression Story, How She Broke Her Phone by flyDixon: 8:47pm On Jul 29, 2018
I wish you well dear, we need to be cautious of our words towards others, one never tell what people are going through

2 Likes

Re: Waje's Depression Story, How She Broke Her Phone by stevio(m): 8:47pm On Jul 29, 2018
Thank God you came out strong,your testimony will help others who are going through the same challenge.

2 Likes

Re: Waje's Depression Story, How She Broke Her Phone by lanrexdo(m): 8:48pm On Jul 29, 2018
Depression is real.

3 Likes

Re: Waje's Depression Story, How She Broke Her Phone by lanrexdo(m): 8:48pm On Jul 29, 2018
it is rela.
Re: Waje's Depression Story, How She Broke Her Phone by Tedpgrass: 8:49pm On Jul 29, 2018
Sounds like manic-depressive to me..

Could have highlighted the role of medication, CBT amongst other counselling therapies depending on severity.

Good on her- she got her joy back!!

Re: Waje's Depression Story, How She Broke Her Phone by Born2Breed(f): 8:51pm On Jul 29, 2018
Most people are battling with depression.

6 Likes

Re: Waje's Depression Story, How She Broke Her Phone by Alexk2(m): 8:53pm On Jul 29, 2018
Everybody will just be talking about depression like say it's headache that can be cured with paracetamol....even when it's just frustration or stress, they'll call it depression. Hmmmm undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Waje's Depression Story, How She Broke Her Phone by folake4u(f): 8:53pm On Jul 29, 2018
Olalan:
Many people are getting depressed but unfortunately we don't know cause we are all concerned with our virtual friends

You just spoke my mind, honestly.

So many Nigerians are battling with depression, schizophrenia, personality disorders including Borderline personality disorder but no, we aren't concerned with all these.
We're always told to go and do prayer and fasting, but this is not enough. Many Nigerians need psychiatric and counseling sessions.
Social media isn't even helping matters at all. How many of us can boast of real life friends, we're only concerned about our virtual friends. The question we should ask ourselves is this "Do we have real friends when we put off our data".

God help us one by one!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Waje's Depression Story, How She Broke Her Phone by itiswellandwell: 8:55pm On Jul 29, 2018
Only if people will speak out when they are depressed. Not speaking out make it worst. Are you passing through same phase? Speak out today!

Cheap Samsung phones. Check my signature.

3 Likes

Re: Waje's Depression Story, How She Broke Her Phone by vickydevoka(m): 8:55pm On Jul 29, 2018
They first depression people do have is in the university, after u r first semester exam comes out n u see 5 F's. De second depression is wen u r mates has graduated n u re still in skul 4 Lyk more 5yrs. n De third depression is wen u finally graduate not u wait for like 10yrs without doing anything. dis phases are good example of depression

2 Likes

Re: Waje's Depression Story, How She Broke Her Phone by FarahAideed: 8:56pm On Jul 29, 2018
I won't lie the name Buhari alone depresses me

1 Like

Re: Waje's Depression Story, How She Broke Her Phone by Alva2018: 8:57pm On Jul 29, 2018
Hmmm
Re: Waje's Depression Story, How She Broke Her Phone by permit(m): 8:58pm On Jul 29, 2018
thank God you survived it depression is one thing killer, little wonder why they called human 'the weaker animal'.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Actress Mary Njoku:"before Marriage Men Lie To Lay Down Their Life To Serve You" / Juliet Ibrahim Stuns In 32nd Pre-Birthday Photos / D'banj‘s Forgets His Chain On Aero Flight, To Reward Anyone Who Finds It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.