Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,281 members, 7,780,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:26 PM

We’ii Reject One Salary Per Month Henceforth – NLC Tells Governor Fayose - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’ii Reject One Salary Per Month Henceforth – NLC Tells Governor Fayose (24798 Views)

Nigerians Will Reject One-Party State — IBB / Coronavirus: Don’t Extend Lockdown, NLC Tells FG / Nigerians Mock Governor Fayose, Remind Him Of What Happened In 2014. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

We’ii Reject One Salary Per Month Henceforth – NLC Tells Governor Fayose by Ekiti360(m): 5:42pm On Jul 29, 2018
The Nigerian Labour Congress (NLC), Ekiti chapter, has declared that the workers in the State would no longer tolerate payment of one salary per month from Governor Ayodele Fayose.

The Congress told Fayose to be prepared to pay two month salaries and pension per month till the expiration of his tenure in October.

NLC added that workers were beginning to be hopeless about the possibility of Governor Fayose, whose tenure is gradually winding up to be able to defray backlog of salaries and pension as well as gratuities owed the state workers.

It said it was becoming clearer by the day that the government was not committed to the payment as earlier promised with the way things were going.

This decision was reached at the NLC’s State Executive Council Meeting held in Ado Ekiti on Saturday, which was made available to newsmen in a statement signed by its Chairman, Com. Ade Adesanmi, in Ado Ekiti on Sunday.

Adesanmi said the labour union was finding it extremely difficult to convince the workers that the present government would adhere strictly to its promise to pay up before the Governor–elect, Dr Kayode Fayemi, takes over on October 16, 2018.

The union demanded that the government should look for alternative way to offset outstanding salaries, pension and gratuities before the situation gets out of hands by paying at least two salaries per month

commencing from July.

Adesanmi pleaded with stakeholders not to read any political moves to this action, assuring that workers in the state remain apolitical and won’t shy away from ensuring that the welfare of members are treated with priority.

He said: “The Ekiti State Government appeared not to be ready to fulfill its pledge of defraying the longstanding gratuity, pension, salaries and deductions for workers before the end of the tenure of the present government.

“That the situation about the outstanding salaries is even worse with the local government workers and primary school teachers in the state.

“That the situation has reached an unbearable level with workers of Ekiti State has thereby put the name and integrity of the labour leaders at stake, hence, they could not stand and fold their arms.

“With just two months left behind for this government to finish its tenure, workers of Ekiti State are now hopeless about the payment of the outstanding salaries, pension, gratuity and deductions owed by the state government more so that there are no convincing strategies in place to fulfill the promise that this administration will not leave as a debtor.

“Sequel to this, leaders are now in difficult position to convince workers of the state on the need to endure further.

“We are hereby saying that failure to address this pitiable and emphatic situation of workers in Ekiti State, the leadership of labour in the state may not be able to guarantee industrial harmony in the state”.

http://kikiotolu.com/weii-reject-one-salary-per-month-henceforth-nlc-tells-governor-fayose/

2 Likes

Re: We’ii Reject One Salary Per Month Henceforth – NLC Tells Governor Fayose by TissuePaper: 5:46pm On Jul 29, 2018
grin Dem never pay half salary per month finish... These ones are asking for 2 salaries per month lol..If I calculate the salary that my mom is being owed..e reach to buy house for banana island sef angry.. If u like don't take the one you see.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ii Reject One Salary Per Month Henceforth – NLC Tells Governor Fayose by wj26584(m): 5:47pm On Jul 29, 2018
Fayose never even fit pay one month salary u dey talk 2months salary per month.........Lmao

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We’ii Reject One Salary Per Month Henceforth – NLC Tells Governor Fayose by bettercreature(m): 5:48pm On Jul 29, 2018
Fayose will surely curse these people grin grin grin.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We’ii Reject One Salary Per Month Henceforth – NLC Tells Governor Fayose by jegz25(m): 5:48pm On Jul 29, 2018
It baffles me to think that someone people consider this clown a hero. Oh... Let me guess, anybody who's against Buhari and insults him day and night is a hero to someone. Pay salaries fayose can't pay. He has nothing to show from his yeye administration, don't even mention that useless fly over to me. Oh let's I forgot, he's into stomach infrastructure,cutting gbomo and riding okada grin

94 Likes 8 Shares

Re: We’ii Reject One Salary Per Month Henceforth – NLC Tells Governor Fayose by magoo10(m): 5:48pm On Jul 29, 2018
The same toothless NLC that have been collecting half month salary in osun state.

It would have been better if the script they are acting is for the common man but hell no it is for their pay master just as oshiomole was collecting under obasanjo.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ii Reject One Salary Per Month Henceforth – NLC Tells Governor Fayose by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jul 29, 2018
you guys should block the government house

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We’ii Reject One Salary Per Month Henceforth – NLC Tells Governor Fayose by Leetunechi: 5:48pm On Jul 29, 2018
At times when I think if this country. I just enter my garden, cover myself with sand and pretend like I'm a carrot

32 Likes

Re: We’ii Reject One Salary Per Month Henceforth – NLC Tells Governor Fayose by planetx13: 5:48pm On Jul 29, 2018
I wonder why a governor will collect allocation and still not pay salaries...... I really can't understand it...... is it not included in the monthly allocation given to them?

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We’ii Reject One Salary Per Month Henceforth – NLC Tells Governor Fayose by Emmafe(m): 5:48pm On Jul 29, 2018
Nonsense country, how will ppl work der ass off n not get tired

For Samsung phones, check my Signature

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We’ii Reject One Salary Per Month Henceforth – NLC Tells Governor Fayose by SamuelAnyawu(m): 5:49pm On Jul 29, 2018
Workers should learn to hold Governors hostage in Government houses.

How can a governor enjoy his huge pay and security allowance only to deny the state government workers their little stipends

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We’ii Reject One Salary Per Month Henceforth – NLC Tells Governor Fayose by wman(m): 5:49pm On Jul 29, 2018
The major reason PDP lost in Ekiti. You can't owe workers for months and expect them to vote your party.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We’ii Reject One Salary Per Month Henceforth – NLC Tells Governor Fayose by ehinja: 5:49pm On Jul 29, 2018
Building flyover when salaries of workers are unpaid. A real misplacement of priorities in my opinion.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We’ii Reject One Salary Per Month Henceforth – NLC Tells Governor Fayose by Samogbo1(m): 5:49pm On Jul 29, 2018
Ehhh yah! Mk una pity Fayose nah.

D Chap has seen hell of late...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We’ii Reject One Salary Per Month Henceforth – NLC Tells Governor Fayose by Lexusgs430: 5:50pm On Jul 29, 2018
Why did they not tell him 2 years ago ? Silly hypocrites ......

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We’ii Reject One Salary Per Month Henceforth – NLC Tells Governor Fayose by Cuteamigo1(m): 5:50pm On Jul 29, 2018
are you guys just waking up?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We’ii Reject One Salary Per Month Henceforth – NLC Tells Governor Fayose by CASTOSVILLA(m): 5:50pm On Jul 29, 2018
Ekiti sold out

The state with Hunger lavished stomachs. Even with all the the stomach infrastructure by their most hardworking and dedicated governor, they still sold out. Tufia! hunger is baaaaaaad! it can make you vote for that fossil in 2019 but God forbid bad thing.
Ekiti sold like Christmas rice and chicken. Just know that you guys have eaten your 4years already because Fayemi will drink pap on top of your heads with no droplet.
Re: We’ii Reject One Salary Per Month Henceforth – NLC Tells Governor Fayose by Niccoloimhotep: 5:50pm On Jul 29, 2018
TissuePaper:
cool
for real? Of all the names on earth, u chose asswipe commodity? I rest my case shocked

Y'all should Check my post, i have a smooth clean ride for sale.

1 Like

Re: We’ii Reject One Salary Per Month Henceforth – NLC Tells Governor Fayose by Smookdd: 5:50pm On Jul 29, 2018
Bye bye fayose

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We’ii Reject One Salary Per Month Henceforth – NLC Tells Governor Fayose by Pavore9: 5:51pm On Jul 29, 2018
He that is down needs fear no fall.
Re: We’ii Reject One Salary Per Month Henceforth – NLC Tells Governor Fayose by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jul 29, 2018
wman:
The major reason PDP lost in Ekiti. You can't owe workers for months and expect them to vote your party.
he owed them for months,then on the eve of the election sent half a month salary to the accounts in other to push them to vote.buying votes at 4K on election day is like fooling workers you are owing for months

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ii Reject One Salary Per Month Henceforth – NLC Tells Governor Fayose by vncntluv(m): 5:52pm On Jul 29, 2018
The same set of workers who couldn't do anything when the unpaid months accumulated to 6 wants to reject 1 month?

2 Likes

Re: We’ii Reject One Salary Per Month Henceforth – NLC Tells Governor Fayose by jolyment: 5:53pm On Jul 29, 2018
Leetunechi:
At times when I think if this country. I just enter my garden, cover myself with sand and pretend like I'm a carrot

If you want to live long don't think about Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: We’ii Reject One Salary Per Month Henceforth – NLC Tells Governor Fayose by ak22(m): 5:54pm On Jul 29, 2018
Are they sleeping before ni ?

1 Like

Re: We’ii Reject One Salary Per Month Henceforth – NLC Tells Governor Fayose by Mystiquefia: 5:55pm On Jul 29, 2018
This Must Be A Stage Managed Strategy Perfected By Fayose Aimed At Destabilizing Fayemi's Govt With Outrageous Demands Inorder To Make Him Seem Incapable. If Not, Why Are They Suddenly Complaining?

1 Like

Re: We’ii Reject One Salary Per Month Henceforth – NLC Tells Governor Fayose by jjjjj2017: 5:55pm On Jul 29, 2018
Fayemi will owe you for more than a year but still sack you. mark my words

2 Likes

Re: We’ii Reject One Salary Per Month Henceforth – NLC Tells Governor Fayose by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jul 29, 2018
TissuePaper:
grin Dem never pay half salary per month finish... These ones are asking for 2 salaries per month lol.. If I calculate the salary that my mom is being owed..e reach to buy house for banana island sef angry
yet some paid idiots were supporting that clown

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ii Reject One Salary Per Month Henceforth – NLC Tells Governor Fayose by thunderbabs: 5:57pm On Jul 29, 2018
Why pipu kan dey hail fayose na... E b lyk say e buy dem bolly and groundnut b4 d election.. He owe pipu lyk dz too sad yahaya bello brother
Re: We’ii Reject One Salary Per Month Henceforth – NLC Tells Governor Fayose by HotMario: 5:58pm On Jul 29, 2018
Fayose will be making Mouth as if he is not owing workers .
Toil mouthed Governor

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bala Mohammed Shows Support For Tinubu, Will Remain in PDP / Governor Ganduje Pictured On His Cattle Ranch / ISWAP Blows Up High Tension Electricity Lines, Plunges Maiduguri Into Darkness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.