Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,826 members, 7,802,639 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:03 PM

Labour Decries Downgrading Of Workers In Bayelsa - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Labour Decries Downgrading Of Workers In Bayelsa (3731 Views)

Adama Beverages Workers Deny Report Of Mass Sack, Molestation Of Workers / Riots: Indians Accused Of Molesting Female Workers In Atiku's Company In Yola / Access Bank To Cut Staff Salaries, Retrench 75% Of Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Labour Decries Downgrading Of Workers In Bayelsa by actiondrilling: 1:35am On Jul 30, 2018
The leadership of Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) and Trade Union Congress ( TUC) in Bayelsa State have kicked against the reduction of workers grade levels and steps by the committee on workers placement and progression in the Bayelsa State civil service.
A statement signed by the leadership of Nigeria Labour Congress NLC, Chairman, Comrade Bipre Ndiomu and Trade Union Congress (TUC), Chairman, Comrade Tari Dounana, said the errors on steps and levels are capable of dampening workers morals which could lead to reduced productivity.

“While labour would not support any illegality, we reaffirm our commitment to the interest of all workers in the state. We therefore, direct workers whose grade levels/steps were unjustly reduced to immediately route their complaints through their respective permanent secretaries to the committee,” said the statement.

The labour leaders also called on the state government to implement promotions and annual increment now that the disparity in the grade levels and steps has been addressed.

The statement also drew the attention of the state government to the three months salaries arrears owe workers in the state and appealed to the government to begin modalities to ensure that the arrears are paid immediately.

http://www.akelicious.net/2018/07/labour-decries-downgrading-of-workers.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Labour Decries Downgrading Of Workers In Bayelsa by dbynonetwork: 7:06am On Jul 30, 2018
Suddenly Nigeria labour now have a voice... I thought PMB had gag their mouth...

1 Like

Re: Labour Decries Downgrading Of Workers In Bayelsa by alfredo4u(m): 7:06am On Jul 30, 2018
Only in Nija will this happen........

After many years of working and killing yourself for the govt, all you get is demotion.

May baba God consume any body that will try to demote us in life.

Promotion is ours

2 Likes

Re: Labour Decries Downgrading Of Workers In Bayelsa by Kelamma(m): 7:08am On Jul 30, 2018
NLC, please bring your ear,I want to ask you something.
"How come you people have not called for a national strike action since this government came to power like you people used to do with previous administrations irrespective of the hardships that workers are going through under this administration? Is it that they have you people's corruption dossiers,thereby threatening you people with EFCC, or they are downright bribing you guys to look the other way while workers groan in pain? "
Gone are the days of solidarity strike action. That is why these state governments and even federal government are messing up.
Re: Labour Decries Downgrading Of Workers In Bayelsa by nony629(m): 7:11am On Jul 30, 2018
today na today

1 Like

Re: Labour Decries Downgrading Of Workers In Bayelsa by Iwantaccolades: 7:14am On Jul 30, 2018
This ndiomu wey dickson bribe with car and 2 mill that year to accept half salary until economy good .. Common shurup..

3 Likes

Re: Labour Decries Downgrading Of Workers In Bayelsa by jullary(m): 7:14am On Jul 30, 2018
why nothing is working in nigeria! ordinary promotion turns demotion habaaa ogao
Re: Labour Decries Downgrading Of Workers In Bayelsa by Badonasty(m): 7:28am On Jul 30, 2018
actiondrilling:

The leadership of Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) and Trade Union Congress ( TUC) in Bayelsa State have kicked against the reduction of workers grade levels and steps by the committee on workers placement and progression in the Bayelsa State civil service.
A statement signed by the leadership of Nigeria Labour Congress NLC, Chairman, Comrade Bipre Ndiomu and Trade Union Congress (TUC), Chairman, Comrade Tari Dounana, said the errors on steps and levels are capable of dampening workers morals which could lead to reduced productivity.

“While labour would not support any illegality, we reaffirm our commitment to the interest of all workers in the state. We therefore, direct workers whose grade levels/steps were unjustly reduced to immediately route their complaints through their respective permanent secretaries to the committee,” said the statement.

The labour leaders also called on the state government to implement promotions and annual increment now that the disparity in the grade levels and steps has been addressed.

The statement also drew the attention of the state government to the three months salaries arrears owe workers in the state and appealed to the government to begin modalities to ensure that the arrears are paid immediately.

http://www.akelicious.net/2018/07/labour-decries-downgrading-of-workers.html

This is Nigeria
Re: Labour Decries Downgrading Of Workers In Bayelsa by feldido(m): 7:35am On Jul 30, 2018
These Toothless Labor leaders in bayelsa state... Dickson has done more than what they even talking about.

. Unlawful Deductions in the name of Tax
. Sacking or over 30% of her Workforce without retirement in the name of
reforms.
. Owing 3 months arrears
. Downgrading of workers
. Outright refusal to implement and pay level upgrades.

More to come.
Re: Labour Decries Downgrading Of Workers In Bayelsa by Donvalentino55(m): 7:36am On Jul 30, 2018
Which way Nigeria?!
Re: Labour Decries Downgrading Of Workers In Bayelsa by dontbothermuch: 8:37am On Jul 30, 2018
jullary:
why nothing is working in nigeria! ordinary promotion turns demotion habaaa ogao

God bless you. How promotion go just turn to demotion, if this country no dey operate from front to back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWfdf9othB8
Re: Labour Decries Downgrading Of Workers In Bayelsa by micariice(m): 9:09am On Jul 30, 2018
That can happen base on the productivity of the company and the increase in output can bring promotion for every workers in the state
Re: Labour Decries Downgrading Of Workers In Bayelsa by joeruano: 4:03pm On Jul 30, 2018
feldido:
These Toothless Labor leaders in bayelsa state... Dickson has done more than what they even talking about.

. Unlawful Deductions in the name of Tax
. Sacking or over 30% of her Workforce without retirement in the name of
reforms.
. Owing 3 months arrears
. Downgrading of workers
. Outright refusal to implement and pay level upgrades.

More to come.

I'm not impressed with this post.
Don't say what you cannot defend. You are not the only one living in Bayelsa. Stop misleading the public. The present government in Bayelsa is out to reposition the state in the right direction. Desist from being comfortable with abnormal way of getting things done.

Open your mind, acquaint yourself with the activities of the state government, have foresight, and you'll understand the government has the overall good of the state as its focus.

Mind you, I'm not a politician. I'm being owed more than you (15½ months salaries between 2015 and 2017) but I'm not offended cos I prefer the betterment of the state to achieving my selfish interest.
Re: Labour Decries Downgrading Of Workers In Bayelsa by feldido(m): 10:16pm On Jul 30, 2018
joeruano:

I'm not impressed with this post.
Don't say what you cannot defend. You are not the only one living in Bayelsa. Stop misleading the public. The present government in Bayelsa is out to reposition the state in the right direction. Desist from being comfortable with abnormal way of getting things done.

Open your mind, acquaint yourself with the activities of the state government, have foresight, and you'll understand the government has the overall good of the state as its focus.

Mind you, I'm not a politician. I'm being owed more than you (15½ months salaries between 2015 and 2017) but I'm not offended cos I prefer the betterment of the state to achieving my selfish interest.

What are u even saying?
Are these things not happening in Bayelsa state Civil service?
Are all these things I mentioned not against labor laws?
How's that for the betterment of the state?
Mind you, I'm also not a politician and he's even from my place.
Re: Labour Decries Downgrading Of Workers In Bayelsa by joeruano: 1:55pm On Jul 31, 2018
Re: Labour Decries Downgrading Of Workers In Bayelsa by joeruano: 2:10pm On Jul 31, 2018
feldido:

What are u even saying?
Are these things not happening in Bayelsa state Civil service?
Are all these things I mentioned not against labor laws?
How's that for the betterment of the state?
Mind you, I'm also not a politician and he's even from my place.

There was no need to say he's not from your place.

Most of the things you said are not happening.
The only correct thing you stated there is 'owing 3 months salaries ' (for state workers).

Let me touch on downgrading of workers. Tell me if it's wrong to downgrade a worker who gets a job with a forged B. Sc certificate, from their present level, down to level 4 which happens to be the worker's highest genuine certificate.

Forgery is a criminal offence. Those concerned ought to be arrested and prosecuted but he let them be. Any worker who was downgraded is guilty except a few cases of human error. There's a committee set up to help such people.
Any more queries?

(1) (Reply)

Is This Humiliation Or Something Else In Access Bank Plc? / Does your Company Appreciate your Efforts? / Update: What I Suspected About My My Diabolic Boss Was Actually True.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.