Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,521 members, 7,808,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:01 PM

Wants To Start Life In Uk - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Wants To Start Life In Uk (7588 Views)

Life In The Usa As A Student. / How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? / Where Is The Best Place To Start Life As Young Couple In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wants To Start Life In Uk by Newest: 9:54pm On Jun 17, 2010
Hello NLders, had this opportunity to travel to UK but not for a very long tym, only 2yrs visa was granted, but the probs it that i don't want to come back to Nigeria in haste, i want to live there and do some odd jobs till i could get all the necessary papers needed to be a free Immigrant, can any1 help on that?

Thanks
Re: Wants To Start Life In Uk by justwise(m): 10:40pm On Jun 17, 2010
@op

You can't work with visitor's visa in the UK, if i were you i will save that ticket money and invest it in something useful in Nigeira.
Re: Wants To Start Life In Uk by snowdrops(m): 8:12am On Jun 18, 2010
abi o. the grass is not always greener on the other side
Re: Wants To Start Life In Uk by Yorubah(m): 1:28pm On Jun 18, 2010
Truth is bitter bro, please think of what to start here as a business and forget about starting a life right there. Its only good to go there on a vacation, even the citizens right there are suffering and where would u start yours from when you are there? Pls be wise
Re: Wants To Start Life In Uk by Newest: 6:17pm On Jun 18, 2010
Thanks at all,
actually this not the 1st tym i'll be going there, the only difference now is that i want to do what i said above, and as a matter of fact i wont be the 1 to finance the trip, its a cousin, his just taking me there this tym cause there's what he needs that can not be shipped or send to him, but he doesn't know about this my plan also
Re: Wants To Start Life In Uk by justwise(m): 8:12pm On Jun 18, 2010
Newest:

Thanks at all,
actually this not the 1st tym i'll be going there, the only difference now is that i want to do what i said above, and as a matter of fact i wont be the 1 to finance the trip, its a cousin, his just taking me there this tym cause there's what he needs that can not be shipped or send to him, but he doesn't know about this my plan also

'Something' that can not be shipped or sent to him? hmmm. . .i hope you will be ok.

If you are not going with work permit then forget about working when you get here.
Re: Wants To Start Life In Uk by Newest: 8:23pm On Jun 18, 2010
justwise:

'Something' that can not be shipped or sent to him? hmmm. . .i hope you will be ok.

If you are not going with work permit then forget about working when you get here.

Lol, ok let me say something he dosent want to ship, and thanks for the showed care

kk, thanks then guess my post is remaining 1, which will be, "HOW CAN I GET UK WORK PERMIT", is that rit?, i really appreciate ur support @Justwise
Re: Wants To Start Life In Uk by justwise(m): 8:46pm On Jun 18, 2010
Newest:

[b]Lol, ok let me say something he dosent want to ship, and thanks for the showed care[/b]kk, thanks then guess my post is remaining 1, which will be, "HOW CAN I GET UK WORK PERMIT", is that rit?, i really appreciate your support @Justwise

Its ok, i just hope that whoever is sending you with that 'item' has your best interest at heart.

To be honest with you, getting a work permit from Nigeria is hard as the requirements are high.
Re: Wants To Start Life In Uk by Newest: 9:19pm On Jun 18, 2010
justwise:

Its ok, i just hope that whoever is sending you with that 'item' has your best interest at heart.

To be honest with you, getting a work permit from Nigeria is hard as the requirements are high.

Hmmm, its now am just seeing ur location, after getting there through/by visiting-visa can i get a work permit and do u know like how much it will cost, plssssssss i know am stressing u now, lol tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Wants To Start Life In Uk by justwise(m): 9:31pm On Jun 18, 2010
Newest:

Hmmm, its now am just seeing your location, after getting there through/by visiting-visa can i get a work permit and do u know like how much it will cost, plssssssss i know am stressing u now, lol tongue tongue tongue tongue

Changing from visiting visa to work permit is impossible, anybody who tells you that its possible is lying to you or wants to make good money out of you.

You are not stressing me at all.
Re: Wants To Start Life In Uk by Vicjustice: 9:57pm On Jun 18, 2010
Newest:

Hello NLders, had this opportunity to travel to UK but not for a very long tym, only 2months visa was granted, but the probs it that i don't want to come back to Nigeria in haste, i want to live there and do some odd jobs till i could get all the necessary papers needed to be a free Immigrant, can any1 help on that?

Thanks
   Are you sure you're talking about the UK? I've seen many UK visas, but i've never seen any that is valid for as short period as 2 months. The standard tourist/visit UK visa is for 6 months, how come you stated that you were issued a 2 months visa even as a regular traveller that you later claimed you are?
Re: Wants To Start Life In Uk by Onyeara: 11:36pm On Jun 18, 2010
confirmed, that visa is fake, the minimum uk vistors visa is 6months then one year later and two yrs follows
any thing other than that is fake
Re: Wants To Start Life In Uk by Yorubah(m): 11:45pm On Jun 18, 2010
Are you granted 2 months UK visa in Oluwole embassy ?

1 Like

Re: Wants To Start Life In Uk by TitanMoon: 3:27am On Jun 19, 2010
If you dont have a degree you will not be able to work in the UK end of story.

Forget it.
Re: Wants To Start Life In Uk by justwise(m): 8:21am On Jun 19, 2010
TitanMoon:

Forget it.

That is not true. Do you really know anything about anything?
Re: Wants To Start Life In Uk by Nobody: 11:04am On Jun 19, 2010
@Newest,
If u've your way, just Zoom off as fast as posible. We all have our destiny in our hands. For d fact that Mr A travelled on a Visit Visa, overstayed, became an illegal Allien and find lyf difficult does'nt mean same MAY apply to Mr B. Our Destiny r different. Honestly, if i'm given dat opportunity, no going back.We all knw £€$¥ does nt grow on trees abroad nor Roads paved with ¥$€€ but wit God's favor/ determinatn, d sky will b your starting point. Just take d bold step, u'll surely SUFFER but d end justify it All, Who knws! Lyk my late uncle use to say, " SUFFER B4 PLEASURE " ! ! !

1 Like

Re: Wants To Start Life In Uk by OYINKANSOW: 1:09pm On Jun 19, 2010
Na wa oh. People who are legal in the UK, even people with UK degrees are finding it difficult to get common menial jobs talkless of well-paying jobs now you want to come and join illegals. Have you heard that the Conservatives are in government and that they might start paying people to fish out illegals? Please try another country like Australia and New Zealand where they are looking for people before they also get filled up.

You can use visitors/temporary visa to enter New Zealand and and then try to look for jobs as I was told by their government official at a Working Abroad Seminar.He also said that if you get a job then the work permit will be arranged. But check the New Zealand govt website yourself.

Mind you these jobs are for highly educated and highly skilled people with nothing less than 5yrs experience cos they have people there too, British, American, Russian, Spanish, etc. Not only you is interested in New Zealand wink wink wink So you have to be highly educated and skilled, if not stay in Naija or try Ghana/other good African countries (do your own research properly).

Don't come to the UK and become illegal unless you want to really suffer, curse the day you were born and curse God and start wondering what you came to do in life. Its that bad. I am not lying. UK is not really different from Nigeria apart from the infrastructure and security and sanity of living. But it is worse than Nigeria because here there is no atom or molecule of mercy. Nobody cares. You can still come as a tourist and really enjoy your holiday maybe some 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 years time if you look somewhere else now. A word is enough for the wise.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wants To Start Life In Uk by wip4: 1:20pm On Jun 19, 2010
OYINKANSOW:

Na wa oh. People who are legal in the UK, even people with UK degrees are finding it difficult to get common menial jobs talkless of well-paying jobs now you want to come and join illegals. Have you heard that the Conservatives are in government and that they might start paying people to fish out illegals? Please try another country like Australia and New Zealand where they are looking for people before they also get filled up.

You can use visitors/temporary visa to enter New Zealand and and then try to look for jobs as I was told by their government official at a Working Abroad Seminar.He also said that if you get a job then the work permit will be arranged. But check the New Zealand govt website yourself.

Mind you these jobs are for highly educated and highly skilled people with nothing less than 5yrs experience cos they have people there too, British, American, Russian, Spanish, etc. Not only you is interested in New Zealand wink wink wink So you have to be highly educated and skilled, if not stay in Naija or try Ghana/other good African countries (do your own research properly).

Don't come to the UK and become illegal unless you want to really suffer, curse the day you were born and curse God and start wondering what you came to do in life. Its that bad. I am not lying. UK is not really different from Nigeria apart from the infrastructure and security and sanity of living. But it is worse than Nigeria because here there is no atom or molecule of mercy. Nobody cares. You can still come as a tourist and really enjoy your holiday maybe some 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 years time if you look somewhere else now. A word is enough for the wise.

WORD WORDS WORDSSS and for the WISE
Re: Wants To Start Life In Uk by Pennywise(m): 1:21pm On Jun 19, 2010
OYINKANSOW:

I agree with u bro. UK suffer not for joke. Like everything else for Uk, na original. When you see am you go know am.

1 Like

Re: Wants To Start Life In Uk by Vicjustice: 3:42pm On Jun 19, 2010
Why do you guys waste so much time and energy responding to the Poster, can't you see that he is a lying dreamer?
   He claims to be a regular traveller to the UK, then,  that means one thing; he should be from a wealthy home.
So, then, a person from a wealthy home now intends to illegally "do some odd jobs" to survive, this explains two things: either he's a false someone or, he's an irresponsible person (who would most likely put his cousin into trouble).
   And by the way, what nature of commodity or article that would require only a human courier because it "can not be shipped or sent to the owner", is that not a controlled substance in the form of you know, expensive powder?
   Finally, this guy claims to have a 2 months UK entry clearance, does something like that exist? Those of you who know about the UK would know that the UK does not issue any visa shorter than 6 months.
   I reckon this guy a time-waster.

1 Like

Re: Wants To Start Life In Uk by justwise(m): 3:48pm On Jun 19, 2010
Vicjustice:

Why do you guys waste so much time and energy responding to the Poster, can't you see that he is a lying dreamer?
He claims to be a regular traveller to the UK, then, that means one thing; he should be from a wealthy home.
So, then, a person from a wealthy home now intends to illegally "do some odd jobs" to survive, this explains two things: either he's a false someone or, he's an irresponsible person (who would most likely put his cousin into trouble).
And by the way, what nature of commodity or article that would required only a human courier because it "not be shipped or sent to the owner", is that not a controlled substance in the form of you know, expensive powder? Finally, this guy claims to have a 2 months UK entry clearance, does something like that exist? Those of you who know about the UK would know that the UK does not issue any visa shorter than 6 months. I reckon this guy a time-waster.
That worries me alot, something that can't be shipped? That 2months visa might have been printed in someone's bedroom.
Re: Wants To Start Life In Uk by Pennywise(m): 3:55pm On Jun 19, 2010
Vicjustice:

He claims to be a regular traveller to the UK, then,  that means one thing; he should be from a wealthy home.
   And by the way, what nature of commodity or article that would required only a human courier because it "not be shipped or sent to the owner", is that not a controlled substance in the form of you know, expensive powder?
   Finally, this guy claims to have a 2 months UK entry clearance, does something like that exist? Those of you who know about the UK would know that the UK does not issue any visa shorter than 6 months.

I did notice that 2-mth UK visa thing and I wondered if there has been a policy change (They are always changing these things). Having said that not all Nigerians toiling in the UK are from poor background. Some are actually from wealthy homes (maybe not cash-wealthy).

I prefer to deal with issues as presented rather than try to ascertain veracity or otherwise. But then considering the background you've had on travel it will be hard not to ask these questions.
Re: Wants To Start Life In Uk by OmoAlata(f): 5:31pm On Jun 19, 2010
The illegals who work over here use someone else's details and National Insurance to work. Their weekly/Monthly pay is paid into this person's account.

If you are lucky, the person will withdraw it every week/month and give it to you.
If you are semi-lucky, the person will take a share of it weekly/monthly.
If you are very unlucky, the person will keep ALL your salary leaving you with nothing and you can't do jack about it wink

1 Like

Re: Wants To Start Life In Uk by justwise(m): 5:38pm On Jun 19, 2010
Omo Alata:

The illegals who work over here use someone else's details and National Insurance to work. Their weekly/Monthly pay is paid into this person's account.

If you are lucky, the person will withdraw it every week/month and give it to you.
If you are semi-lucky, the person will take a share of it weekly/monthly.
If you are very unlucky, the person will keep ALL your salary leaving you with nothing and you can't do jack about it wink

Most likely the case, my ex was used by somebody cos her wages were paid into the person's account, her £3000 went down the drain. She went through hell b4 her asylum claim went through.
Re: Wants To Start Life In Uk by Vicjustice: 6:16pm On Jun 19, 2010
Pennywise:

. . . Having said that not all Nigerians toiling in the UK are from poor background. Some are actually from wealthy homes (maybe not cash-wealthy). . .
   Gentleman, i beg to differ.
   And while i acknowledge the fact that "not all Nigerians toiling in the UK are from poor backgrounds", i do not accept that a person from a wealthy home would intend to illegally "do some odd jobs" to survive, except two things are responsible: either he is a false someone or, he is an irresponsible person/a prodigal child.
   It is not a sin to be from a poor home (afterall, many people from poor homes become rich with reasonable determination), but it is something abhor to exaggerate one's financial or social stance; there's just no need for self pomposity

1 Like

Re: Wants To Start Life In Uk by Newest: 6:36pm On Jun 19, 2010
Vicjustice:

Are you sure you're talking about the UK? I've seen many UK visas, but i've never seen any that is valid for as short period as 2 months. The standard tourist/visit UK visa is for 6 months, how come you stated that you were issued a 2 months visa even as a regular traveller that you later claimed you are?

Jee'z now i have issues to settle
1. 2yrs i no it would be hard to modify that now, but d@ what should have been written down believe it or leave it, and anyway thanks for your whatever,

Onyeara:

confirmed, that visa is fake, the minimum uk vistors visa is 6months then one year later and two yrs follows
any thing other than that is fake

Cant be cause its a 2yrs thing and the happens to be a family friend and besides like i said its not my 1st tym

Yorubah:

Are you granted 2 months UK visa in Oluwole embassy ?

Noo, nah for Yorubah embassy

TitanMoon:

Forget it.

anyway am just 2/ and as for the work its not that composry just because i count on NLder's thats y am like just trying to know more if its possible or not, Thanks

Tamita:

@Newest,
If u've your way, just Zoom off as fast as posible. We all have our destiny in our hands. For d fact that Mr A travelled on a Visit Visa, overstayed, became an illegal Allien and find lyf difficult does'nt mean same MAY apply to Mr B. Our Destiny r different. Honestly, if i'm given dat opportunity, no going back.We all knw £€$¥ does nt grow on trees abroad nor Roads paved with ¥$€€ but wit God's favor/ determinatn, d sky will b your starting point. Just take d bold step, u'll surely SUFFER but d end justify it All, Who knws! Lyk my late uncle use to say, " SUFFER B4 PLEASURE " ! ! !       

But am still living a little large here at home nah, lol, thanks anyway

OYINKANSOW:

Cant go there jor oo, anyway like u said a word is enough for the wise, have not made up my mind on anyfin as its not that composry and wat am seeing now is really telling me its a bad idea , thanks

Vicjustice:

He claims to be a regular traveller to the UK, then,  that means one thing; he should be from a wealthy home.
   And by the way, what nature of commodity or article that would required only a human courier because it "can not be shipped or sent to the owner", is that not a controlled substance in the form of you know, expensive powder?

1. Not a regular but once did, okay?

2. Hey dint say i made up my mind on this, just trying to make research maybe its a good ideal or not and by the way am not wealthy but u cant see me begging on the street.
3. why just focusing on what you'll say, thought u read this thoroughly cause i believe that's where u saw this, what nature of commodity or article that would required only a human courier because it "can not be shipped or sent to the owner", is that not a controlled substance in the form of you know, expensive powder?, cus i already said it that what he'll like me to bring like i did for him the last tym, point of correction not what cant beeeeeeeeeee
4.See urself, Powder and yet am still talking about odd jobs
5.check the above to see the correction i made 2yrsssssss, ok pls spare me jor!! cause u were not urge to make comments here, but again i fink u r not wrong cause i mit react same way, but i would have appreciated it if u ask questions first b4 u jump into a conclusion

1 Like

Re: Wants To Start Life In Uk by Newest: 6:39pm On Jun 19, 2010
@All pls i edited the 2months to 2yrs cause i see that's where most people are criticizing me, and pls if what u said was about the 2months , pls am sorry am not trying to make u look like a fool just thought its the rit thing to do
Re: Wants To Start Life In Uk by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jun 19, 2010
Newest:

@All pls i edited the 2months to 2yrs cause i see that's where most people are criticizing me, and pls if what u said was about the 2months , pls am sorry am not trying to make u look like a fool just thought its the rit thing to do

No need to apologise - the only person you're making appear to be foolish is yourself.

I would refrain from posting, or editing any further - you're less than credible with each "correction" you make.
Re: Wants To Start Life In Uk by OmoAlata(f): 7:05pm On Jun 19, 2010
but not for a very long tym, only 2yrs visa was granted

2 years is a long time though wink
Re: Wants To Start Life In Uk by Newest: 7:18pm On Jun 19, 2010
Omo Alata:

2 years is a long time though wink

If i may say may fins needed to be edited on thier, the only thing i was concer about when i was about to start the thread was how to get my answer and again for ur information the Visa as not even been granted but the last tym i went it was on a 2yrs trip and am sure this not gon be less than that

OMG, see tackle from behind, lol grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Wants To Start Life In Uk by justwise(m): 7:40pm On Jun 19, 2010
Newest:

If i may say may fins needed to be edited on thier, the only thing i was concer about when i was about to start the thread was how to get my answer and again for your information the Visa as not even been granted but the last tym i went it was on a 2yrs trip and am sure this not gon be less than that

OMG, see tackle from behind, lol grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

In your first post you said: only 2yrs visa was granted now you are saying it hasn't been granted?
Re: Wants To Start Life In Uk by OmoAlata(f): 7:42pm On Jun 19, 2010
Keep on digging, ol' boy; keep on digging

(1) (2) (Reply)

Travel Advisory On Temporary Closure Of Festac Link Bridge / Waec Result, Pass (d7 Or P7) In English Language / UK STUDENT VISA WARNING: UKBA Approved Banks For Maintenance Funds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.