Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,322 members, 7,780,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:36 PM

Cool Tips To Managing Interns For Productivity - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Cool Tips To Managing Interns For Productivity (2532 Views)

Co-Creation Hub Appoints Ojoma Ochai As Managing Director / My Boss' Relationship With A Co-Worker Is Affecting Our Productivity / Dangote Group Appoints Olakunle Alake As Its New Group Managing Director (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cool Tips To Managing Interns For Productivity by gomtas: 4:32pm On Jul 30, 2018
As an undergraduate, one of the challenges I had faced was being accepted as an intern in a media oriented enterprise. I also realized that I wasn't in that shoe alone, many others faced that same trauma too. The sole psychological assumption that interns are still not due for the industry is a misconception that has really eaten deep into the society .

Some people have the impression that delegating a task to an intern is as good as not doing it at all. All these assumptions has neglected the fact that interns also have their own capabilities both individually and collectively, especially those from the same discipline. For entrepreneurs who think less of interns, or those who find it challenging to manage them for optimal productivity, here are a few tips on how to make the most of interns.

Establish the sort of Human resource need you Require
In the first place, the area of knowledge of the intern you employ should be largely influenced by the need of human resource that you require. In that case, you may need some messengerial person in the clerical unit, a protocol personnel etc. So decide first the sort of help you need before even going for one.

Related works on Human resource productivity

Understand their basic expectation
Sometimes it happens that most interns don't even know what they want. Watch out for them. But for the good ones, they know what they really want to learn. Now for these set of people, the best you can do for them is to fix them in their area of interest. That way, they will be their best at every point in time.

Assign Detailed Responsibility
To an extent, human beings perform better when they are assigned specific responsibilities. So for interns, they seem to do better when you back up what ever their area of interest is with specific instructions. What this means is that, at every point in time, there should be a guideline on how to perform certain tasks.

Make Room for check-in and feedback
To make the most of interns, always create time to inspect their work. Be willing to correct some of their mistakes. In addition, also give room for feedback by posing questions that are of relevance to them. In that way, they will be willing to provide answers and ofcourse their level of understanding will improve.
Re: Cool Tips To Managing Interns For Productivity by dandydrey(m): 7:30am On Jul 31, 2018
Nice
Re: Cool Tips To Managing Interns For Productivity by adebayo3449(m): 7:30am On Jul 31, 2018
Good one
Re: Cool Tips To Managing Interns For Productivity by Ezigboune: 7:30am On Jul 31, 2018
Noted
Re: Cool Tips To Managing Interns For Productivity by Nobody: 7:31am On Jul 31, 2018
Most times internship is reserved for oga and clients children angry. Dat was how one gov pikin came to do intership for my office. Managers begin lick hin ass

2 Likes

Re: Cool Tips To Managing Interns For Productivity by qanda: 7:42am On Jul 31, 2018
useful
Re: Cool Tips To Managing Interns For Productivity by mubarak001(m): 7:46am On Jul 31, 2018
Interns can be lazy though bt the smart ones harness the opportunities.
Re: Cool Tips To Managing Interns For Productivity by mumumugu(m): 8:08am On Jul 31, 2018
management know they cannot over work intern like jacky
Re: Cool Tips To Managing Interns For Productivity by chinkizz17: 8:27am On Jul 31, 2018
DIGITAL MEDIA MARKETING

Get The Professional Training in DIGITAL MEDIA MARKETING - 100% Practical Classes

What You Get!

- Award of CERTICATION after completion of course
- Refreshments/Lunch meals during breaks
- Unlimited Internet Wi-Fi
- Weekdays and Weekends Trainings
- Facebook, Google Adwords & DMI Certifications/Exams After Completion (EXTRA VALUE)

PLUS MORE!

Re: Cool Tips To Managing Interns For Productivity by magictonic(m): 2:07pm On Jul 31, 2018
ok

(1) (Reply)

Amcon's Head Office / Chartered Institute Of Stockbrokers Level 1 / My CILT exams Dilemma. Help me out please!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.