Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,441 members, 7,808,578 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:40 PM

OGUN 2019 : My Honest Review Of The Amosun's Government. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OGUN 2019 : My Honest Review Of The Amosun's Government. (2756 Views)

2019: My Opinion - Best Combination That Will Defeat Buhari/apc / Olufunso Amosun Is Worried Over Weight Gain (Photo) / Osibanjo/okonjo Iwela Ror 2019, My Opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

OGUN 2019 : My Honest Review Of The Amosun's Government. by olushowunm(m): 8:53pm On Jul 30, 2018
OGUN2019: Shine ur eyes my people.. I'm not campaigning for anybody as I don't have any candidate yet as of now... But I want us to do little examination on the current government as at today.
The government came in May 29th, 2011 and campaigned on 5 cardinal points which I will restate here for emphasis :
1. Agriculture
2. Education
3. Infrastructure/Housing
4. Health
5. Security.

I will analyze each sector to measure and grade this government's performance.

1. Agriculture: unfortunately this is my field and I can authoritatively say the governor failed in this sector, from lack of proper direction and clear cluelessness. He failed to understand what is needed and clearly repeated the same model that has not worked in this country since its creation. Buy some tractors and land moving equipment and give fertilizer and inputs on subsidize rates. That's the summary of our Agricultural policy in Ogun state. So if I'm to grade him, I will score him 15% in Agriculture. See photos of fake rice pyramid and to add injury to the insult, this was not even grown in Ogun state. The whole project is a propaganda for his paymaster and not even the people.

2. Education : this sector also failed woefully under him as we can glean from SSCE records and also his early policy of unified examinations for all. The most dramatic of his failure is the utter shear waste of resources ( both financial and human) by the name "Model Schools project". These huge resources used to construct half-completed model schools across the state is a great scam that will have seen our old school infrastructure rebuilt and properly funded that will have shown in our SSCE and JAMB results. It is clear that he failed here too and should be held accountable for such grandiose projects that will never see the light of the day. I will score him 22% on his Education Agenda.
3. Infrastructure : Hmmmm and Hmmmm. This is a sector I always cry anytime I have opportunity to review this government. This governor have finished us. Doing roads at rates as much as N750 million to Ń 800 million per km ( According to the governor himself during 2015 Gubernatorial debates), this is preposterous and outrightly over-inflated and no state in Nigeria should be doing any road even for 300million per km. This government turns Overhead bridges to what we need to celebrate and these bridges leads nowhere. The most disturbing of these mirage of my concerns of these infrastructural projects is that these roads and bridges can't even last 5 years before the incoming government needs to start maintainance works on them and if you construct a road for N800 million per km, how much do you need to maintain it?
To get my idea clearly, put it like this; the government already put us in serious debt to construct these roads and bridges, so which funds are we going to maintain these roads 5 years down the line and build new ones as the next governor too will want to steal? We will be in serious problem by 2022. Mark my words. The housing sector is an all luxury affairs as no poor man can afford any of his projects. All the homes this government built are geared towards the rich and Middle class. So I will score him 10% because all these projects are too white-elephantish.

4. Health : Our health infrastructure have really degenerated under successive government and no new approach have been deployed not even to leverage the I.T technology in delivering healthcare to the masses. Though he made some Grable attempts with his "Araya" programme but it's clear that these scheme has also failed. I will core him 20% based on his Araya health insurance scheme.

5. Security : it's not all gloom, at least we have seen minor improvements on security compared to pre-2011 Ogun state. This government made some effort that yielded some result and I will score him 50% on security..

N. B:

This is my humble opinion and should not be misconstrued as a political propaganda or smear campaign.

3 Likes

Re: OGUN 2019 : My Honest Review Of The Amosun's Government. by olushowunm(m): 9:20pm On Jul 30, 2018
See the result of our governor's policy on education. Ogun on 19th position. We are gradually on our way to 36th position in the next 5yr.
Re: OGUN 2019 : My Honest Review Of The Amosun's Government. by olushowunm(m): 10:25pm On Jul 30, 2018
Ogun 2019..
Re: OGUN 2019 : My Honest Review Of The Amosun's Government. by olushowunm(m): 9:23am On Jul 31, 2018
Ogun review
Re: OGUN 2019 : My Honest Review Of The Amosun's Government. by lionness(f): 9:41am On Jul 31, 2018
Amosun just collected $350 and I am not sure if the money is for his personal pension or another properties in Dubai. We are expecting him to come to Ofada so we can stone him to death. Every time I go to Lagos I just feel so heart broken I ever built a house in such an extremely backward and useless state governed by total f00ls.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: OGUN 2019 : My Honest Review Of The Amosun's Government. by yemmight(m): 10:12am On Jul 31, 2018
This is not your personal opinion, you are on an errand mission. Well done.

1 Like

Re: OGUN 2019 : My Honest Review Of The Amosun's Government. by olushowunm(m): 10:48pm On Aug 01, 2018
yemmight:
This is not your personal opinion, you are on an errand mission. Well done.
Whose errand mission? Oga, i'm not a e-warrior or keyboard warrior.. Check my records here to understand who i am.
Re: OGUN 2019 : My Honest Review Of The Amosun's Government. by olushowunm(m): 9:53am On Aug 02, 2018
lionness:
Amosun just collected $350 and I am not sure if the money is for his personal pension or another properties in Dubai. We are expecting him to come to Ofada so we can stone him to death. Every time I go to Lagos I just feel so heart broken I ever built a house in such an extremely backward and useless state governed by total f00ls.
hmmmm
Re: OGUN 2019 : My Honest Review Of The Amosun's Government. by olushowunm(m): 9:11pm On Aug 02, 2018
We need to see to this government..
Re: OGUN 2019 : My Honest Review Of The Amosun's Government. by olushowunm(m): 12:01pm On Aug 04, 2018
2019... My fears are gradually here
Re: OGUN 2019 : My Honest Review Of The Amosun's Government. by olushowunm(m): 12:10am On Aug 05, 2018
FTC.
Re: OGUN 2019 : My Honest Review Of The Amosun's Government. by kayusely70(m): 3:03am On Aug 05, 2018
Amosun has not made any impact in any other sector except roads and overhead bridges leading to nowhere
Re: OGUN 2019 : My Honest Review Of The Amosun's Government. by olushowunm(m): 1:28pm On Aug 08, 2018
Review of what t come...
Re: OGUN 2019 : My Honest Review Of The Amosun's Government. by haffaze777(m): 2:21pm On Aug 08, 2018
kayusely70:
Amosun has not made any impact in any other sector except roads and overhead bridges leading to nowhere

can you compare security under amosun to Daniel?
Re: OGUN 2019 : My Honest Review Of The Amosun's Government. by olushowunm(m): 2:27pm On Aug 08, 2018
haffaze777:

can you compare security under amosun to Daniel?
Thats why i gave him 50% improvement. Not Eureka yet because we still have incidence of Ritual killings.
Re: OGUN 2019 : My Honest Review Of The Amosun's Government. by haffaze777(m): 4:05pm On Aug 08, 2018
olushowunm:
Thats why i gave him 50% improvement. Not Eureka yet because we still have incidence of Ritual killings.

but you only mention one sector in ur earlier submission
Re: OGUN 2019 : My Honest Review Of The Amosun's Government. by olushowunm(m): 4:14pm On Aug 08, 2018
haffaze777:

but you only mention one sector in ur earlier submission
which other sectors did i omit? Check it and re-read it.
Re: OGUN 2019 : My Honest Review Of The Amosun's Government. by christejames(m): 4:25pm On Aug 08, 2018
Okay, in synopsis, you mean Amosun failed woefully?
Re: OGUN 2019 : My Honest Review Of The Amosun's Government. by otokx(m): 4:28pm On Aug 08, 2018
Looks like Amosun really failed, pictures would have helped your write up.
Re: OGUN 2019 : My Honest Review Of The Amosun's Government. by Nobody: 4:36pm On Aug 08, 2018
Well, my personal opinion goes thus:

Amosun's administration's achievements have a lot of tangible evidence, though ostensibly arguably, purpose-wise.

While that of Daniel's were just like MP3, you can only hear them, you can't see them.

I remember Daniel, at the eve of his administration, passed a judgement on the financial buoyancy of the state. More like passing a death judgement on the state. In his word, "unless there's a 'financial miracle', Ogun state cannot emback on any infrastructural development."

Then when Amosun came in, people of the state started noticing the sprout of something concrete. I think it's safe to say Amosun was the 'financial miracle' Daniel meant.

1 Like

Re: OGUN 2019 : My Honest Review Of The Amosun's Government. by ayox1(m): 4:50pm On Aug 08, 2018
Just a slight diff btwn himself and Gbenga Daniel..
Re: OGUN 2019 : My Honest Review Of The Amosun's Government. by olushowunm(m): 5:01pm On Aug 08, 2018
Yes he failed and i promise to take pictures when i see these failures...
christejames:
Okay, in synopsis, you mean Amosun failed woefully?

1 Like

Re: OGUN 2019 : My Honest Review Of The Amosun's Government. by modath(f): 5:26pm On Aug 08, 2018
olushowunm:
Whose errand mission? Oga, i'm not a e-warrior or keyboard warrior.. Check my records here to understand who i am.

Bros, you yourself know you don't believe this yarn I just quoted, you just woke up today? After 7yrs+? Even the dead "believe" you.. smiley

Olu Sowunmi? Are you by any chance related to Segun Showunmi? Atiku's spokesperson?
Re: OGUN 2019 : My Honest Review Of The Amosun's Government. by Niyi74(m): 5:38pm On Aug 08, 2018
Well, rating him objectively on his Five Cardinal Programme will give him a good score in infrastructural development, average score in security and poor scores in others. However governance is beyond those five things. In an economically viable State, agriculture, infrastructure etc. will be sorted seamlessly through public-private patnership. Modern model of good governance focuses on strenghtening institutions and building of infrastructures that attract investments and reduce the cost of doing business. These has been the focus of the governor. Under him, the IGR of Ogun State has continued to increase with the potential of surpassing that of oil producing states and even Lagos in the nearest future as Ogun State is now the most industrialised State in Nigeria.

For development to be sustainable, it has to be private sector driven.

1 Like

Re: OGUN 2019 : My Honest Review Of The Amosun's Government. by olushowunm(m): 7:29pm On Aug 08, 2018
modath:

Bros, you yourself know you don't believe this yarn I just quoted, you just woke up today? After 7yrs+? Even the dead "believe" you.. smiley

Olu Sowunmi? Are you by any chance related to Segun Showunmi? Atiku's spokesperson?
Hmmmm.. Yes any problem?
Re: OGUN 2019 : My Honest Review Of The Amosun's Government. by teepain: 7:38pm On Aug 08, 2018
Niyi74:
Well, rating him objectively on his Five Cardinal Programme will give him a good score in infrastructural development, average score in security and poor scores in others. However governance is beyond those five things. In an economically viable State, agriculture, infrastructure etc. will be sorted seamlessly through public-private patnership. Modern model of good governance focuses on strenghtening institutions and building of infrastructures that attract investments and reduce the cost of doing business. These has been the focus of the governor. Under him, the IGR of Ogun State has continued to increase with the potential of surpassing that of oil producing states and even Lagos in the nearest future as Ogun State is now the most industrialised State in Nigeria.

For development to be sustainable, it has to be private sector driven.

This post has a semblance of objectivity.
Re: OGUN 2019 : My Honest Review Of The Amosun's Government. by helinues: 7:48pm On Aug 08, 2018
olushowunm:
OGUN2019: Shine ur eyes my people.. I'm not campaigning for anybody as I don't have any candidate yet as of now... But I want us to do little examination on the current government as at today.
The government came in May 29th, 2011 and campaigned on 5 cardinal points which I will restate here for emphasis :
1. Agriculture
2. Education
3. Infrastructure/Housing
4. Health
5. Security.

I will analyze each sector to measure and grade this government's performance.

1. Agriculture: unfortunately this is my field and I can authoritatively say the governor failed in this sector, from lack of proper direction and clear cluelessness. He failed to understand what is needed and clearly repeated the same model that has not worked in this country since its creation. Buy some tractors and land moving equipment and give fertilizer and inputs on subsidize rates. That's the summary of our Agricultural policy in Ogun state. So if I'm to grade him, I will score him 15% in Agriculture. See photos of fake rice pyramid and to add injury to the insult, this was not even grown in Ogun state. The whole project is a propaganda for his paymaster and not even the people.

2. Education : this sector also failed woefully under him as we can glean from SSCE records and also his early policy of unified examinations for all. The most dramatic of his failure is the utter shear waste of resources ( both financial and human) by the name "Model Schools project". These huge resources used to construct half-completed model schools across the state is a great scam that will have seen our old school infrastructure rebuilt and properly funded that will have shown in our SSCE and JAMB results. It is clear that he failed here too and should be held accountable for such grandiose projects that will never see the light of the day. I will score him 22% on his Education Agenda.
3. Infrastructure : Hmmmm and Hmmmm. This is a sector I always cry anytime I have opportunity to review this government. This governor have finished us. Doing roads at rates as much as N750 million to Ń 800 million per km ( According to the governor himself during 2015 Gubernatorial debates), this is preposterous and outrightly over-inflated and no state in Nigeria should be doing any road even for 300million per km. This government turns Overhead bridges to what we need to celebrate and these bridges leads nowhere. The most disturbing of these mirage of my concerns of these infrastructural projects is that these roads and bridges can't even last 5 years before the incoming government needs to start maintainance works on them and if you construct a road for N800 million per km, how much do you need to maintain it?
To get my idea clearly, put it like this; the government already put us in serious debt to construct these roads and bridges, so which funds are we going to maintain these roads 5 years down the line and build new ones as the next governor too will want to steal? We will be in serious problem by 2022. Mark my words. The housing sector is an all luxury affairs as no poor man can afford any of his projects. All the homes this government built are geared towards the rich and Middle class. So I will score him 10% because all these projects are too white-elephantish.

4. Health : Our health infrastructure have really degenerated under successive government and no new approach have been deployed not even to leverage the I.T technology in delivering healthcare to the masses. Though he made some Grable attempts with his "Araya" programme but it's clear that these scheme has also failed. I will core him 20% based on his Araya health insurance scheme.

5. Security : it's not all gloom, at least we have seen minor improvements on security compared to pre-2011 Ogun state. This government made some effort that yielded some result and I will score him 50% on security..

Ń. B:

This is my humble opinion and should not be misconstrued as a political propaganda or smear campaign.

Well I am not a fan of Amosun but i think he has really tried compare to previous government. He focuses on building solid institution which is good for speedy development of the state. Not enough though.. I always feel terrible about Sango Ota's road

@ op, who are you rooting for in 2019?
Re: OGUN 2019 : My Honest Review Of The Amosun's Government. by olushowunm(m): 8:22pm On Aug 08, 2018
Nobody in mind as all of them av no tangible vision for the state... Just to steal and plunge.
Re: OGUN 2019 : My Honest Review Of The Amosun's Government. by Jokerman(m): 8:36pm On Aug 08, 2018
modath:

Mechionu

Re: OGUN 2019 : My Honest Review Of The Amosun's Government. by modath(f): 9:14pm On Aug 08, 2018
olushowunm:
Hmmmm.. Yes any problem?

Here you have it.. smiley

1 Like

Re: OGUN 2019 : My Honest Review Of The Amosun's Government. by jbtobsyn(m): 9:33pm On Aug 08, 2018
helinues:

Well I am not a fan of Amosun but i think he has really tried compare to previous government. He focuses on building solid institution which is good for speedy development of the state. Not enough though.. I always feel terrible about Sango Ota's road

@ op, who are you rooting for in 2019?
This is the problem in this country. Stop comparing the government you said failed to present government. Compare our leaders to leaders of other countries. This is why we are not progressing. A government will enter in a state that the past government has done nothing tangible and build 5 roads. He knows people are gullible and would still praise him. I am not saying Amosun is not trying o. I just used your statement to cite an example.
Re: OGUN 2019 : My Honest Review Of The Amosun's Government. by haffaze777(m): 9:52pm On Aug 08, 2018
olushowunm:
which other sectors did i omit? Check it and re-read it.

u said road only

(1) (2) (Reply)

I'm So So Proud Of The Yoruba Race By their Decision in this Election / #EndSARS: Obiano Sacks James Nwafor (SSA) Former OC SARS, To Be Procecuted / More On Abike Dabiri Accusation Against Isa Patanmi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.