Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,802 members, 7,798,704 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:54 AM

10 Best Universities In Nigeria By Global Ranking - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 Best Universities In Nigeria By Global Ranking (36824 Views)

Top 10 Largest Universities In Nigeria By Land Mass / Top Ten Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria By HigherEd / Best Universities According To NUC First Ever Open Education Resources Ranking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Best Universities In Nigeria By Global Ranking by dammy13(m): 6:52am On Jul 31, 2018
According to the July 2018, edition of the Webometric ranking of world tertiary institutions, the University of Ibadan, Oyo state has been declared the best Nigerian university.

Although rated 905 in the world, the 70-year-old Nigerian premier university emerged the best among 100 Nigerian tertiary institutions, Punch reports.

Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti state, which is eight years old since its inception, was rated as the best private university in the country, having emerged second overall best in Nigeria and 2,287 internationally.

Covenant University, Ota, Ogun state, another private varsity, was rated third best university in Nigeria and 2,824 in the world ahead of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, which rated fourth locally and 3,050 globally.

Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU), Ile-Ife was rated fifth best Nigerian university and 3,545 in the world, ahead of the University of Port Harcourt; and Federal University of Technology, Owerri (FUTO).

The University of Lagos (UNILAG), Akoka, appeared in the eighth position among Nigerian higher institutions and ranked 5,025 in the world. Ahmadu Bello University and the University of Agriculture, Abeokuta, Ogun State, completed the list of the first 10 universities in the country.

In a statement on Sunday, July 29, Tunde Olofintila of ABUAD said the institution was founded by a renowned Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN), Aare Afe Babalola, in a bid to deal with the academic decadence in Nigeria.

Olofintila said that ABUAD was established to “be a practical example of how problems militating against the growth of Nigerian universities can be solved and lead others in quality and functional education.”

“In the eight years of its existence, the university is popularly known as the fastest growing university in Africa. Its College of Law was acknowledged as the Best College of Law in West Africa by the NUC, while the College of Engineering was described by the Nigeria Society of Engineering as the template for engineering education in the country. The college has won global awards in London and USA.”

Another great option was MAUTECH. You could remember it as Federal University of Technology Yola, but it had since rebranded. Once again, you can study Architecture at this great university for a reasonable price (₦15,900 per year).

http://kikiotolu.com/10-best-universities-in-nigeria-by-global-ranking/

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Best Universities In Nigeria By Global Ranking by Emeritusseun(m): 6:54am On Jul 31, 2018
One eyed man among the blind is a king!..All Nigerian universities are not research driven and faculty members are doing nothing!...
FTC...I dedicate this to my Alma...ABU..

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Best Universities In Nigeria By Global Ranking by Jethrolite(m): 8:20am On Jul 31, 2018
The rankings are based on what criteria? Me self want open university o. I need to know, so that my university will be in the top 100 globally and people can copy my style.

Funny as it sounds, I am dead serious. It is my dream to provide Ivy League education quality for less than $1, 000 annually.

Everybody that has quoted me are just being pessimistic, nobody even bothered to ask how, wow.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Best Universities In Nigeria By Global Ranking by ElRapido: 8:38am On Jul 31, 2018
Jethrolite:
The rankings are based on what criteria? Me self want open university o. I need to know, so that my university will be in the top 100 globally and people can copy my style.

Funny as it sounds, I am dead serious. It is my dream to provide Ivy League education quality for less than $1, 000 annually.

Even Harvard is charging around $50000. Your plan is, in many ways, dead on arrival.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Best Universities In Nigeria By Global Ranking by Jethrolite(m): 8:42am On Jul 31, 2018
ElRapido:

Even Harvard is charging around $50000. Your plan is, in many ways, dead on arrival.
The fact you do not know does not mean it is not possible. Show less pride when you are not informed on an issue.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Best Universities In Nigeria By Global Ranking by ElRapido: 8:45am On Jul 31, 2018
Jethrolite:
The fact you do not know does not mean it is not possible. Show less pride when you are not informed on an issue.

Ok. bro, please suit yourself

3 Likes

Re: 10 Best Universities In Nigeria By Global Ranking by Brunicekid(m): 9:40am On Jul 31, 2018
Wow...All these rakiings self... We don't even know how they grade and come about this ranking.�
Re: 10 Best Universities In Nigeria By Global Ranking by Iamdutch93: 10:03am On Jul 31, 2018
what about online schools can someone help me out with a course directory that can help me with admission requirements for online schools
Re: 10 Best Universities In Nigeria By Global Ranking by middlebelter(m): 11:02am On Jul 31, 2018
University of Ilorin, what is going on?

Please make us proud again. If you are a product of Unilorin and you want the school to be among the top 10 , please click like.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Best Universities In Nigeria By Global Ranking by sotall(m): 1:54pm On Jul 31, 2018
Where is Uniben on the list?

The list is crappy...argue with Buhari's upcoming defeat at the 2019 elections

7 Likes

Re: 10 Best Universities In Nigeria By Global Ranking by Racoon(m): 1:55pm On Jul 31, 2018
Abeg what are the criteria indices used in the ranking of these universities
Re: 10 Best Universities In Nigeria By Global Ranking by Weezyclan(m): 1:55pm On Jul 31, 2018
How was the ranking done### grin grin

Anyway check my signature
https://www.nairaland.com/4649179/need-blog-website-company-business#69860490

1 Like

Re: 10 Best Universities In Nigeria By Global Ranking by sureheaven(m): 1:56pm On Jul 31, 2018
Who did the rating and how was it done
Re: 10 Best Universities In Nigeria By Global Ranking by tenmariner: 1:57pm On Jul 31, 2018
middlebelter:

Please make us proud again. If you are a product of Unilorin and you want the school to be among the top 10 , please click like.

Poor management and lack of continuity has plunged the once most preferred institution into a shadow of it's old self!!!
Re: 10 Best Universities In Nigeria By Global Ranking by Nicky042(m): 1:58pm On Jul 31, 2018
dammy13:
According to the July 2018, edition of the Webometric ranking of world tertiary institutions, the University of Ibadan, Oyo state has been declared the best Nigerian university.

Although rated 905 in the world, the 70-year-old Nigerian premier university emerged the best among 100 Nigerian tertiary institutions, Punch reports.

Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti state, which is eight years old since its inception, was rated as the best private university in the country, having emerged second overall best in Nigeria and 2,287 internationally.

Covenant University, Ota, Ogun state, another private varsity, was rated third best university in Nigeria and 2,824 in the world ahead of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, which rated fourth locally and 3,050 globally.

Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU), Ile-Ife was rated fifth best Nigerian university and 3,545 in the world, ahead of the University of Port Harcourt; and Federal University of Technology, Owerri (FUTO).

The University of Lagos (UNILAG), Akoka, appeared in the eighth position among Nigerian higher institutions and ranked 5,025 in the world. Ahmadu Bello University and the University of Agriculture, Abeokuta, Ogun State, completed the list of the first 10 universities in the country.

In a statement on Sunday, July 29, Tunde Olofintila of ABUAD said the institution was founded by a renowned Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN), Aare Afe Babalola, in a bid to deal with the academic decadence in Nigeria.

Olofintila said that ABUAD was established to “be a practical example of how problems militating against the growth of Nigerian universities can be solved and lead others in quality and functional education.”

“In the eight years of its existence, the university is popularly known as the fastest growing university in Africa. Its College of Law was acknowledged as the Best College of Law in West Africa by the NUC, while the College of Engineering was described by the Nigeria Society of Engineering as the template for engineering education in the country. The college has won global awards in London and USA.”

Another great option was MAUTECH. You could remember it as Federal University of Technology Yola, but it had since rebranded. Once again, you can study Architecture at this great university for a reasonable price (₦15,900 per year).

http://kikiotolu.com/10-best-universities-in-nigeria-by-global-ranking/
I think private should be included
Re: 10 Best Universities In Nigeria By Global Ranking by numen(m): 2:00pm On Jul 31, 2018
Jethrolite:

I had the same thought. I need to know how they're ranked.
Re: 10 Best Universities In Nigeria By Global Ranking by timilehin95(m): 2:01pm On Jul 31, 2018
Brunicekid:
Wow...All these rakiings self... We don't even know how they grade and come about this ranking.�
Give us ur own ranking ooo sad
Re: 10 Best Universities In Nigeria By Global Ranking by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jul 31, 2018
middlebelter:

ode be sourcing for like upandan

3 Likes

Re: 10 Best Universities In Nigeria By Global Ranking by koribobo: 2:07pm On Jul 31, 2018
Proud to be part of the alumni of the first and the best
University of Ibadan.

9 Likes

Re: 10 Best Universities In Nigeria By Global Ranking by itoldu: 2:08pm On Jul 31, 2018
You could have numbered it, you know!
Re: 10 Best Universities In Nigeria By Global Ranking by pol23: 2:09pm On Jul 31, 2018
University of Ibadan truly on a class of its own.
But Nigeria at least a University to be among first 100.

1 Like

Re: 10 Best Universities In Nigeria By Global Ranking by GiftEnya: 2:10pm On Jul 31, 2018
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfoLix7qh68hK2clkPY0NiYiO7O8QH2NQVn1QMUSYOsloWF0Q/viewform

My people, I need help with this survey.. 10k responses or my oga will sack me..

I don't need your name, number nor data. Just your honest opinion
Re: 10 Best Universities In Nigeria By Global Ranking by jolyment: 2:10pm On Jul 31, 2018
Racoon:
Abeg what are the criteria indices used in the ranking of these universities

It depends on the judges,some use website presence,accessibility to search engine,publications impact factor,quality of research,staff to student ratio,number of professors etc.

1 Like

Re: 10 Best Universities In Nigeria By Global Ranking by Duru009(m): 2:12pm On Jul 31, 2018
If UNIBEN, is not on the top five. The list is " Fake "

2 Likes

Re: 10 Best Universities In Nigeria By Global Ranking by NCP: 2:14pm On Jul 31, 2018
Only One Region Dominated The Ranking... Haba make una fear God.

5 Likes

Re: 10 Best Universities In Nigeria By Global Ranking by queenDD(f): 2:17pm On Jul 31, 2018
I can't find Unizik on the list. #Unbelievable.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Best Universities In Nigeria By Global Ranking by berryford: 2:20pm On Jul 31, 2018
I know say uniport go they there grin

Can't stop loving this city tongue

1 Like

Re: 10 Best Universities In Nigeria By Global Ranking by Strikethem: 2:22pm On Jul 31, 2018
Private universities university ti take over. But UI no won gree.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Samuel Oye Bamidele: Students Expose Their Breasts To Tempt Me / How Uniben Students Fetch Water In Hostel..lwkmd! / US Students Raise Huge Amount To Help Security Guard Visit His Family In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.