Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,214 members, 7,780,401 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:37 PM

Did Wizkid Revive Duncan Mighty's Career? See What Nigerians Are Saying - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Did Wizkid Revive Duncan Mighty's Career? See What Nigerians Are Saying (34022 Views)

See What Whites Are Saying About Tem's Recent Dress To The Oscars / Duncan Mighty: "My Sister Has Mental Illness, Not A Thief, It's Fake News" / Duncan Mighty Elder Sister Caught Stealing At A Shop In Port Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Wizkid Revive Duncan Mighty's Career? See What Nigerians Are Saying by Shakushaku1(m): 11:42am On Jul 31, 2018
wayne4loan:
u said the truth... #respect

Twale baba
Re: Did Wizkid Revive Duncan Mighty's Career? See What Nigerians Are Saying by djoey89: 11:43am On Jul 31, 2018
Caseless:
Barthley and the rest are the kids who were in nursery school when those hits dropped.

After 10 years, that song(dance for me) is still my best afrobeat. Which wizkid song don last 5 months on the airwaves?

and which Duncan song he sang before is still on the airwaves?, if by airwaves you mean Radio?.. see Duncan is a great Artist, i even did a mix for myself to listen to him, he is a genius but what i am saying here is that Wizkid on fake love brought more attention to the song and helped more people know and remember Duncan.before fake love which recent Duncan mighty Song came out massive?.

1 Like

Re: Did Wizkid Revive Duncan Mighty's Career? See What Nigerians Are Saying by Hayzead07(m): 11:47am On Jul 31, 2018
karllemah44:
All dis WizKid fans should stop saying nonsense na...in that fake love track, Duncan mighty killed it even more than d WizKid sef
Okay so the collabo DAT he did with bracket,DJ exclusive, rekado banks and d rest of dem, didnt he kill it too...was WizKid on d track
You should know that he hadn't be singing for a long time now
I have never listened to any of the other features you mentioned up there. The wizkid assisted song brought him back to limelight and gave him national airplay. That’s d fact

1 Like

Re: Did Wizkid Revive Duncan Mighty's Career? See What Nigerians Are Saying by chiedozie198100: 12:05pm On Jul 31, 2018
magabounce:
Especially, when a white lady did a cover of the song.
Watched the video on IG
Shii went viral

people like you is who fela call KOLOMENTALITY
Re: Did Wizkid Revive Duncan Mighty's Career? See What Nigerians Are Saying by Abagworo(m): 12:11pm On Jul 31, 2018
ClassRep001:
Obviously Wizkid revived his long dead career.

That's the bitter honest truth

Duncan Mighty's carrier was never dead. He deliberately refused to move to Lagos like Timaya and others making Lagosians who somehow believe only Lagos hits are successful not to know he is still the king of the South. What recently happened is he eased up a bit and nothing more.

1 Like

Re: Did Wizkid Revive Duncan Mighty's Career? See What Nigerians Are Saying by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jul 31, 2018
Mariangeles:
Duncan mighty has always been relevant in the SE and SS
Truth be told, Starboy revived his music again nation wide and I see him getting recognized internationally...
Duncan mighty featured Shaggy in one of his tracks Duncan mighty is internationally recognized
Re: Did Wizkid Revive Duncan Mighty's Career? See What Nigerians Are Saying by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jul 31, 2018
Well u guys arguing this should follow 'celebslovewizkid' on instagram.

Theres a video interview there where Duncan mighty was being interviewed, about 2months ago, he said he loves wizkid and all he did on the track fake love, dt he didn't just agree to do a collabo, but spent nights with him in the studio on dt track and pushed till they got a hit. And dt he was really grateful to him for dt.

Case closed.

PS- this doesn't mean dt wizkid has better music or a better voice. It just means he took the track to a place were it would be commercially successful. I don't think anyone should be underrating Duncan mightys talent because of dt. Truth is wizkids 'Soco' is not a special song but u see all these whites putting up videos of it and it's all over the clubs. Maybe wizkid understands commercial success. He's bin orchestrating his own all by himself since he left eme. Dts not a small feat.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Wizkid Revive Duncan Mighty's Career? See What Nigerians Are Saying by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jul 31, 2018
Youngzubi:
mtcheeeww!!!!!! whether wizkid or docan mighty all i know is that non of them is an upcoming artist

docan mighty was will known and popular even before wizkid start singing

wizkid don hama like kilode and is very very popular before fake love was released

so dont tell me one helped the other!

they are both rich and popular before the song!!!! peace outtt!!!!!!!

click on my signature
guy na you comment pass make I like amm

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Wizkid Revive Duncan Mighty's Career? See What Nigerians Are Saying by Kerrykhalifa(m): 12:33pm On Jul 31, 2018
Shakushaku1:
Duncan mighty himself said his collaboration with wiz is the biggest of his whole career and the synergy btw the two on the track is second to non, it's true that Duncan mighty is good and a legend in his own right, but the last time his song was popular outside PH was 2010/2011,wizkid brought the vibe back to Lagos almost eight years after, now everyone is tryna feature him, even up comers wanna rub off that shine... I'm sure he's been making collaborations but didn't blow as expected, so I dnt knw why some pple wanna downplay the wizkid effect.

If it's not hot in Lagos, forget it your music will remain in ya locality, when last did Duncan mighty win an award or even get a nomination, well fake love just got listed in the afrimma award for best collab (wiz effect)

You go school

2 Likes

Re: Did Wizkid Revive Duncan Mighty's Career? See What Nigerians Are Saying by Afonja007: 12:42pm On Jul 31, 2018
Shakushaku1:
Duncan mighty himself said his collaboration with wiz is the biggest of his whole career and the synergy btw the two on the track is second to non, it's true that Duncan mighty is good and a legend in his own right, but the last time his song was popular outside PH was 2010/2011,wizkid brought the vibe back to Lagos almost eight years after, now everyone is tryna feature him, even up comers wanna rub off that shine... I'm sure he's been making collaborations but didn't blow as expected, so I dnt knw why some pple wanna downplay the wizkid effect.

If it's not hot in Lagos, forget it your music will remain in ya locality, when last did Duncan mighty win an award or even get a nomination, well fake love just got listed in the afrimma award for best collab (wiz effect)

all what every mucian are looking for is money, which award did timaya win but you can see his houses so forget that side
Re: Did Wizkid Revive Duncan Mighty's Career? See What Nigerians Are Saying by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jul 31, 2018
Lemmi qiuckly download the track then come back and comment.
Re: Did Wizkid Revive Duncan Mighty's Career? See What Nigerians Are Saying by Tracypacy(f): 1:02pm On Jul 31, 2018
P-Square went into Oil and Gas, 2Baba is into Real Estate, Duncan Mighty is into Construction. Wizkid launched a clothing line recently. These new Artists should realise the importance of having investments. Popularity & viability in the music industry doesn't last long for most
Shakushaku1:

Re: Did Wizkid Revive Duncan Mighty's Career? See What Nigerians Are Saying by BenNash: 1:24pm On Jul 31, 2018
karllemah44:
All dis WizKid fans should stop saying nonsense na...in that fake love track, Duncan mighty killed it even more than d WizKid sef
Okay so the collabo DAT he did with bracket,DJ exclusive, rekado banks and d rest of dem, didnt he kill it too...was WizKid on d track
You should know that he hadn't be singing for a long time now
The way people reason like chicken ehhn. Who said wizkid killed the song than Duncan. The point is that wizkid brought Duncan mighty back to limelight. Go and check Duncan's instagram, he's always appreciating wizkid for the collaboration. Duncan might have been churning out good music before now but very few's listening nationwide. He featured wizkid and he's suddenly been talked about all over Africa. It doesn't need a genius to figure out this is because of wizkid.

3 Likes

Re: Did Wizkid Revive Duncan Mighty's Career? See What Nigerians Are Saying by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jul 31, 2018
kandi006:
Lemmi qiuckly download the track then come back and comment.

You've not heard it?

Best song this year for sure.
Re: Did Wizkid Revive Duncan Mighty's Career? See What Nigerians Are Saying by Shakushaku1(m): 1:40pm On Jul 31, 2018
Tracypacy:
P-Square went into Oil and Gas, 2Baba is into Real Estate, Duncan Mighty is into Construction. Wizkid launched a clothing line recently. These new Artists should realise the importance of having investments. Popularity & viability in the music industry doesn't last long for most

You v made a valid point my dear sis, I'm sure ninety percent of Duncan mightys wealth doesn't come frm music, infact i believe he's Jus enjoying himself with this new exposure, u can tell the man is very happy getting more recognition for his talent wat he loves doing:music.

Same with psquare like u mentioned there's no kinda life those guys wanna live that they can't afford, I remember Peter once calling himself the only well established upcoming artist.. Those guys have invested for days when they won't be topping charts no more, and all they do now is sing for the love of the game and not the paper..

1 Like

Re: Did Wizkid Revive Duncan Mighty's Career? See What Nigerians Are Saying by Shakushaku1(m): 1:51pm On Jul 31, 2018
janellemonae:
Well u guys arguing this should follow 'celebslovewizkid' on instagram.

Theres a video interview there where Duncan mighty was being interviewed, about 2months ago, he said he loves wizkid and all he did on the track fake love, dt he didn't just agree to do a collabo, but spent nights with him in the studio on dt track and pushed till they got a hit. And dt he was really grateful to him for dt.

Case closed.

PS- this doesn't mean dt wizkid has better music or a better voice. It just means he took the track to a place were it would be commercially successful. I don't think anyone should be underrating Duncan mightys talent because of dt. Truth is wizkids 'Soco' is not a special song but u see all these whites putting up videos of it and it's all over the clubs. Maybe wizkid understands commercial success. He's bin orchestrating his own all by himself since he left eme. Dts not a small feat.

As in the way dem outside folks go mad for the song, just saw a Dubai comedian dancing shaku shaku on that page, what I tink is pple outside naija or Africa wanna identify with that dance and wiz the most popular act out there happens to make a song for that purpose. Hence the popularity.
Re: Did Wizkid Revive Duncan Mighty's Career? See What Nigerians Are Saying by Duru009(m): 2:28pm On Jul 31, 2018
Shakushaku1:

You sabi jooooooor !
Re: Did Wizkid Revive Duncan Mighty's Career? See What Nigerians Are Saying by Tammynator(m): 2:52pm On Jul 31, 2018
I'm a serious fan brother. Right from when he made 23 track album.
RosaBerry:

Did a song with shaggy too. Are u a fan or just a nairaland adviser?
Re: Did Wizkid Revive Duncan Mighty's Career? See What Nigerians Are Saying by noah91(m): 4:25pm On Jul 31, 2018
Ugosample:

what kind of reasoning is this bikonu undecided

The reasoning is too high for u to comprehend Nnwanne. U need to come west too to understand
Re: Did Wizkid Revive Duncan Mighty's Career? See What Nigerians Are Saying by SirLakes: 7:09pm On Jul 31, 2018
Binchim:

I guess that's what collaborations are for, join heads together and make something nice. With all sincerity, Duncan killed the song and that's the reason for the avalanche of featuring he got. No doubt Whiz created the avenue but it takes talent too to be this recognized.

Yeah
Re: Did Wizkid Revive Duncan Mighty's Career? See What Nigerians Are Saying by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jul 31, 2018
janellemonae:

You've not heard it?

Best song this year for sure.
I totally agree with you grin
Re: Did Wizkid Revive Duncan Mighty's Career? See What Nigerians Are Saying by Barthley: 11:18pm On Jul 31, 2018
karllemah44:
its like dance 4 me and Port Harcourt first son did not reign in your area...even when dance 4 me was banging, wizkid wasn't known then
lol, we're talking of recently you're saying sh*t. I'm not saying Ducan is a great musician but let's talk d fact wizkid influenced it to top d chart
Re: Did Wizkid Revive Duncan Mighty's Career? See What Nigerians Are Saying by noah91(m): 8:31am On Aug 01, 2018
Ugosample:

what kind of reasoning is this bikonu undecided

Ask your ancestors
Re: Did Wizkid Revive Duncan Mighty's Career? See What Nigerians Are Saying by Nobody: 9:10pm On Aug 01, 2018
Shakushaku1:

Wizkid approached Duncan mighty to feature in the song nah...Do the math.
Re: Did Wizkid Revive Duncan Mighty's Career? See What Nigerians Are Saying by Nobody: 9:13pm On Aug 01, 2018
BenNash:

The way people reason like chicken ehhn. Who said wizkid killed the song than Duncan. The point is that wizkid brought Duncan mighty back to limelight. Go and check Duncan's instagram, he's always appreciating wizkid for the collaboration. Duncan might have been churning out good music before now but very few's listening nationwide. He featured wizkid and he's suddenly been talked about all over Africa. It doesn't need a genius to figure out this is because of wizkid.

wasn't it Wizkid that approached Duncan mighty for the song?
Re: Did Wizkid Revive Duncan Mighty's Career? See What Nigerians Are Saying by Nobody: 9:14pm On Aug 01, 2018
Mariangeles:
Duncan mighty has always been relevant in the SE and SS
Truth be told, Starboy revived his music again nation wide and I see him getting recognized internationally...

Wizkid was the one that approached Duncan mighty.
Re: Did Wizkid Revive Duncan Mighty's Career? See What Nigerians Are Saying by Laurence1: 8:56pm On Aug 02, 2018
We be illiterates for this country shaaa... please how is Duncan mighty a LEGEND ehnkwa?? Do y'all even know the meaning of a legend. Best read up and stop saying pop.

and yes, I for one won't have listened,downloaded or streamed fake love if wizkid wasn't featured.

Would it have made sense without him, we will never know

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos Of Tiwa Savage At Dubai Desert / May D With His Son And Wife, Carolina Wassmuth (Photos) / Daddy Freeze Bags 'Religious Disruption Award'. See Reactions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.