Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,449 members, 7,808,605 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:11 PM

34-miles Over The Ocean, China Set To Launch Worlds Longest Ocean Bridge(Photos) - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 34-miles Over The Ocean, China Set To Launch Worlds Longest Ocean Bridge(Photos) (50689 Views)

Onitsha From First And Second Niger Bridge (photos) / Crash Barrier Stops Danfo From Falling Off The 3rd Mainland Bridge (Photos) / Work In Progress On Third Mainland Bridge (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 34-miles Over The Ocean, China Set To Launch Worlds Longest Ocean Bridge(Photos) by shotuns: 7:08pm On Jul 31, 2018
Yea, China is doing great ,No doubt about it at all . One thing I still wonder about is the level/ amount of Cash they possessed to carry out this Kind of projects.
1. I give them that Hifive for it. At the same time . We should remember that decision making is totally different from other nations considering the goverment type and bureaucracy. Decision making power is concetrated.
2. If ruling out tech theft, Copy right infrigement the / patent/ trade secret thef, may be China can do much better in Its own domain, territory but the race to the top and hunger for world power wont let it be. China hates losing face and will do anything to safe it.
3. China is still very far behind the US in economy, technological advancement, entertainment, education, agriculture, war fare tech and will take them another 100yrs to meet up only if the US destroy the system from within.
4. I admire China " s relentlessness at the game, it has transforrmed the country into a nation to be envied. they made and still making use of their wittiness and craftiness towards acquring more power and leverages to tackle other nations ( Naija inclusive) which they use to their own adavantage. And this brought about my fear that If Naija isnt careful we may fall into that trap soon. Our politician dont care any longer, but their generations will pay for it. Corruption in China is like " BETRAYAL " betraying the SYSTEM that feeds you, therefore you pay for it in a juvie for life or a bullet to the head depending on the level of your involvement. But we celebrate them here in Naija, No wonder Nothing works. We cant even manufacture a simple pencil without any mistake. Nature will jugde us all.
5. America has learnt their lessons in the first place shifting their manufacturing bases to China because of the cheap labour enjoyed, nearness to raw materials, which is bitting hard on them hence the frustration in Trump' s regime at the moment and trying to mend whatever mistake left .
6. My advice to we youth, " LETS TAKE BACK OUR LAND" before it gets destroyed. The current generation of leaders will soon go into extinction and We are left to pick up the rubbles, We stop celebrating political thugs and thieves in helms of power. Without power they are nobody.

1 Like

Re: 34-miles Over The Ocean, China Set To Launch Worlds Longest Ocean Bridge(Photos) by mustafa006: 7:10pm On Jul 31, 2018
This people are 1million years ahead of us
Re: 34-miles Over The Ocean, China Set To Launch Worlds Longest Ocean Bridge(Photos) by enemmo(f): 7:15pm On Jul 31, 2018
JayKayMaybachz:
Both entertainment, military and science tech. Everyday the Americans are advancing in all these sectors.. The Chinese are still trailing when it comes to tech sis.

But the Chinese, they are self sufficient. They don't rely on any external citizen or ideas. Coupled with their population... I see them becoming the worlds super power in science and technology.

I used to think Japan, but during Beijing 2008,(Olympics), I had a rethink. That country has a game plan. They were everywhere...
Re: 34-miles Over The Ocean, China Set To Launch Worlds Longest Ocean Bridge(Photos) by Yankee101: 7:20pm On Jul 31, 2018
Countries dey olan for unbirn kids naija dey plan to eat all 2day and die
Re: 34-miles Over The Ocean, China Set To Launch Worlds Longest Ocean Bridge(Photos) by LordAdam: 7:23pm On Jul 31, 2018
kroger:

You are wrong China economy Right now has overtaken that of US, in technology they are at per with US. Tell me Which Technology US have that is alien to china..

They're not at par with the US in science and technology.

The US is at least one decade ahead in semiconductor tech. In space tech, they're a good two decades ahead. In Aviation, the US is ahead. In AI, the US is ahead. China still steals IP from the US and force foreign companies to do tech transfer to access their market. You do that only when you are by far inferior.

China will get ahead of the US eventually, primarily thanks to their huge population that is four times America's. But if Japan had comparable population (and geography), China would not stand a chance in Asia.

-Lord

1 Like

Re: 34-miles Over The Ocean, China Set To Launch Worlds Longest Ocean Bridge(Photos) by 8stargeneral: 7:31pm On Jul 31, 2018
In technology china lead others follow
Re: 34-miles Over The Ocean, China Set To Launch Worlds Longest Ocean Bridge(Photos) by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jul 31, 2018
kroger:
With all honesty china is ahead of America.

it's only on western media America us ahead of China

1 Like

Re: 34-miles Over The Ocean, China Set To Launch Worlds Longest Ocean Bridge(Photos) by Caution30: 7:56pm On Jul 31, 2018
enemmo:

Not now, but in the next ten years...China leads america in innovation. The only field that USA will be undisputed eventually will be entertainment.
Also, the military and space science
Re: 34-miles Over The Ocean, China Set To Launch Worlds Longest Ocean Bridge(Photos) by shotuns: 7:58pm On Jul 31, 2018
8stargeneral:
In technology china lead others follow

Still Leaving in mama ' s basement?
Re: 34-miles Over The Ocean, China Set To Launch Worlds Longest Ocean Bridge(Photos) by shotuns: 8:01pm On Jul 31, 2018
Japan is still doing Great actually, . Just not hungry for power. Their technology/ products is Super and genuine compare to the Chinese.

LordAdam:

They're not at par with the US in science and technology.

The US is at least one decade ahead in semiconductor tech. In space tech, they're a good two decades ahead. In Aviation, the US is ahead. In AI, the US is ahead. China still steals IP from the US and force foreign companies to do tech transfer to access their market. You do that only when you are by far inferior.

China will get ahead of the US eventually, primarily thanks to their huge population that is four times America's. But if Japan had comparable population (and geography), China would not stand a chance in Asia.

-Lord
Re: 34-miles Over The Ocean, China Set To Launch Worlds Longest Ocean Bridge(Photos) by sisisioge: 8:05pm On Jul 31, 2018
Odobopa:

Change this ya dp nau..

grin grin grin
Re: 34-miles Over The Ocean, China Set To Launch Worlds Longest Ocean Bridge(Photos) by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jul 31, 2018
Explorers:
China is the midst of several megaprojects that will transform its cities.

Over the next decade, China plans to encourage 250 million people (29 times New York City's population) to move into the country's growing megacities.

To cope with that huge migration, the country has invested tens of billions of dollars in giant infrastructure projects.

Touted as an engineering wonder, the world's longest sea bridge, which connects Hong Kong, Macau and mainland China, includes a snaking road crossing and an underwater tunnel.

Called the Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macau Bridge, the project is expected to cut travel time in half.

Commuters will be able to travel across the Pearl River Estuary from Macau to Hong Kong in about an hour.

https://www.pulse.ng/bi/tech/china-is-opening-the-world-s-longest-sea-bridge-and-it-contains-enough-steel-to-build-60-eiffel-towers-id8207216.html

Nigeria.
Re: 34-miles Over The Ocean, China Set To Launch Worlds Longest Ocean Bridge(Photos) by shotuns: 8:09pm On Jul 31, 2018
I disagree with you , The ideas/ Knowledge behinds their progress is backed by foreign expat and engineers. Self sufficient . . . Nope. . . No country can be Self sufficient , must rely on something from other nations. Locally the Chinese are trying And BIG Kudos the goverment . But in super power in sci n techs. . . It is a pipe dream. Never pray it happens Its gonna be a threat n a disaster.

enemmo:

But the Chinese, they are self sufficient. They don't rely on any external citizen or ideas. Coupled with their population... I see them becoming the worlds super power in science and technology.

I used to think Japan, but during Beijing 2008,(Olympics), I had a rethink. That country has a game plan. They were everywhere...
Re: 34-miles Over The Ocean, China Set To Launch Worlds Longest Ocean Bridge(Photos) by JayKayMaybachz(m): 8:10pm On Jul 31, 2018
enemmo:

World Power bawo
Re: 34-miles Over The Ocean, China Set To Launch Worlds Longest Ocean Bridge(Photos) by tunary(m): 8:20pm On Jul 31, 2018
HsLBroker:
china is the current global super power
Because of bridge
Re: 34-miles Over The Ocean, China Set To Launch Worlds Longest Ocean Bridge(Photos) by UfuomaUN(m): 8:55pm On Jul 31, 2018
kroger:

You are wrong China economy Right now has overtaken that of US, in technology they are at per with US. Tell me Which Technology US have that is alien to china..

I wonder how some of u get your info on nairaland
Re: 34-miles Over The Ocean, China Set To Launch Worlds Longest Ocean Bridge(Photos) by Sagay212: 8:56pm On Jul 31, 2018
Patrioticooduan:

We have not achieved anything because we are too diversed to work together. Providing electricity is not hard. I have been to Benin, Ghana, Togo and they have constant power supply.
Yorubas, Igbos, and Hausas can do that on their own when they have their own Republics

Bro this is not about yoruba, hausa or igbo. Go to every state in nigeria and you will find extremely terrible roads and poor state of hospitals. Are igbo people stopping useless governors like amosu, ambode, aregbesola, fayose from fixing the roads in their states with money they get from federal govt? Are yorubas stopping useless governors in the east or north from doing what they are supposed to do? The government is useless and the masses are retarded as well. With the terrible situation of the state and country at large, you still have millions of retarded nigerians campaigning for second term for useless politicians. Politicians that are jumping from one party to another and people are hailing them. Where exactly is the hope that things can ever get better even if we go separate ways. Nigeria and africa is useless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 34-miles Over The Ocean, China Set To Launch Worlds Longest Ocean Bridge(Photos) by lielbree: 9:13pm On Jul 31, 2018
JayKayMaybachz:
Science and Technology, Economy
If China is not equal to the U.S. in all these sectors, they're ahead.

They just don't make noise about it.
Re: 34-miles Over The Ocean, China Set To Launch Worlds Longest Ocean Bridge(Photos) by aribisala0(m): 9:46pm On Jul 31, 2018
For me tha Channel Tunnel linking France to the UK is a more impressive piece of Engineering.
This covers a similar dstance to this bridge but is UNDER the water and carries train tracks so here you have a train passing UNDER the sea
Re: 34-miles Over The Ocean, China Set To Launch Worlds Longest Ocean Bridge(Photos) by Bluffly: 9:46pm On Jul 31, 2018
Kakamorufu:
and we still find it hard to connect Bonny island to port Harcourt
Are you people even constructing streets by yourself.
Re: 34-miles Over The Ocean, China Set To Launch Worlds Longest Ocean Bridge(Photos) by aribisala0(m): 9:56pm On Jul 31, 2018
lielbree:

If China is not equal to the U.S. in all these sectors, they're ahead.

They just don't make noise about it.

Not true

Commercial Aircraft Any chineses version?
They needed the Russians to build them an aircraft carrier
Their journeys into space have been disappointing

Pharmacology . The US dominates the new drug development sector

Body imaging technology like MRI scanners etc . Almost entirely the domain of Siemens and GE.

Engine technolgy whether for cars or aircraft
Machine and plants are the major things the Chinese buy from Germany especially for use in the manufacturing sector .Why? They can't make them
Computer processors and electronics are not things that the Chinese are know for engineering yes they caan copy or reversse engineer some but Intel and AMD are not Chinese

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 34-miles Over The Ocean, China Set To Launch Worlds Longest Ocean Bridge(Photos) by Delivar(m): 9:59pm On Jul 31, 2018
Decypher:
You're a fool for spitting this sh!t . which economy are you talking about or are you high. China is no where near US in economy. When it comes to Tech and advanced Warfare the US is 10x ahead of China.
The western media is very influential and we all listen to the western media a lot. Whatever they tell us is what we take as the truth. The western media will always say Americans are 1000 times ahead and we all believe them. In my opinion I think the U.S is ahead of China but I don't think the Chinese are that far behind as the western media says.
Re: 34-miles Over The Ocean, China Set To Launch Worlds Longest Ocean Bridge(Photos) by aribisala0(m): 10:19pm On Jul 31, 2018
Delivar:

The western media is very influential and we all listen to the western media a lot. Whatever they tell us is what we take as the truth. The western media will always say Americans are 1000 times ahead and we all believe them. In my opinion I think the U.S is ahead of China but I don't think the Chinese are that far behind as the western media says.
You do not need to listen to western meda what are the most important Chinese engineered products that we buy compared tp

Intel processors
Boeing
Airbus
Engines Rolls Royce Cummins

Any major medicine or vaccine developed in China recently??

They are very good at copying but one struggles to think of any major Chinese breakthrough or brand]]

Huawei comes to mind but they are just a manufacturer of other people's technology
Re: 34-miles Over The Ocean, China Set To Launch Worlds Longest Ocean Bridge(Photos) by amanikondo: 10:23pm On Jul 31, 2018
kroger:
With all honesty china is ahead of America.
Lol. That is why they are stealing technologies and hacking because it will take them years to catch up. Go and educate yourself.

China has to buy most technology companies in Europe and the US to catch up.
Re: 34-miles Over The Ocean, China Set To Launch Worlds Longest Ocean Bridge(Photos) by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jul 31, 2018
sisisioge:

grin grin grin

Sisi grin grin
Re: 34-miles Over The Ocean, China Set To Launch Worlds Longest Ocean Bridge(Photos) by Delivar(m): 10:29pm On Jul 31, 2018
aribisala0:
You do not need to listen to western meda what are the most important Chinese engineered products that we buy compared tp

Intel processors
Boeing
Airbus
Engines Rolls Royce Cummins

Any major medicine or vaccine developed in China recently??

They are very good at copying but one struggles to think of any major Chinese breakthrough or brand]]

Huawei comes to mind but they are just a manufacturer of other people's technology
China manufactures processors and recently started manufacturing civilian aircrafts which are still undergoing tests. They also make advances in medicine too but all these are still low-key because America has been dominating these fields for many years. The fact that you don't hear about those Chinese advances doesn't mean nothing is happening behind the scenes.
Re: 34-miles Over The Ocean, China Set To Launch Worlds Longest Ocean Bridge(Photos) by amanikondo: 10:29pm On Jul 31, 2018
kroger:

Name some of the fields where China isn't as developed as USA..

Robotics. - China has bought many German robotic companies because they cannot develop their own.
Wide body plane - they have to partner with Airbus and Boeing . They have no technical Know-how
High Speed Train - they stole Japanese high speed train blue print.

Air Craft Carriers - the main Chinese air craft carier was a used Ukrauine Air Craft carier they bought and fit together.
China is just building 2 new air craft carrier of their own. They are waiting to steal the designs. While the US has 12 Carriers.

1 Like

Re: 34-miles Over The Ocean, China Set To Launch Worlds Longest Ocean Bridge(Photos) by amanikondo: 10:30pm On Jul 31, 2018
JayKayMaybachz:
Science and Technology, Economy
I don reply am.
Re: 34-miles Over The Ocean, China Set To Launch Worlds Longest Ocean Bridge(Photos) by amanikondo: 10:34pm On Jul 31, 2018
Delivar:

China manufactures processors and recently started manufacturing civilian aircrafts which are still undergoing tests. They also make advances in medicine too but all these are still low-key because America has been dominating these fields for many years. The fact that you don't hear about those Chinese advances doesn't mean nothing is happening behind the scenes.
China 2025 . They could not do it alone. They had to steal Intellectual Properties of both the US and Europe.

They could not even build commercial wide body plane.
Also, read about the China drugs that can cause cancer that were ship to some African countries including Nigeria. This was even suppressed in China media.

1 Like

Re: 34-miles Over The Ocean, China Set To Launch Worlds Longest Ocean Bridge(Photos) by amanikondo: 10:38pm On Jul 31, 2018
kroger:

Pls can you share the data to back up your claim?

You are not only educating your villagers on Nairaland.
Show me the figure in your Google research. I wont do it for you.

Olodo.
Re: 34-miles Over The Ocean, China Set To Launch Worlds Longest Ocean Bridge(Photos) by Delivar(m): 10:40pm On Jul 31, 2018
amanikondo:

China 2025 . They could not do it alone. They had to steal Intellectual Properties of both the US and Europe.

They could not even build commercial wide body plane.
Also, read about the China drugs that can cause cancer that were ship to some African countries including Nigeria. This was even suppressed in China media.

Even the U.S stole technology to get to where they are now. The U.S took in German scientists after world war 2. The U.K had to give America all their tech innovations cos they didn't have the money to develop them during world war 2. The U.S is even currently stealing Chinese advances in quantum technology.
Re: 34-miles Over The Ocean, China Set To Launch Worlds Longest Ocean Bridge(Photos) by amanikondo: 10:42pm On Jul 31, 2018
selemempe:
china has maybe 10 mega cities...the rest are shitholes. A state in america can very well have up to 3 mega cities. States like texas, california and new york.

China has a gdp ppp of 21 trillion. But it has a population of 1.3 billion. America has gdp ppp of 19 trillion with just a population of 0.3 billion. China is not seeing america back for now. China has no movie or music industry...with almost zero sports

In the nxt 100 yrs maybe..for now no.

I like your numbers. He is ignorant.

He is part of the people that is lauding the DEBT TRAP China is doing to African countries.

They bring their prisoners to come and work on their own projects on African Soil without the locals benefiting from it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Edwin Okey Chikata Ijeoma Expelled From South Africa / 2 Aircrafts Collide At Lagos Airport / IS This Kano?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.