Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,196 members, 7,807,671 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:11 PM

Your Experience In Palm Oil Farming - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Your Experience In Palm Oil Farming (3830 Views)

My Experience In The Bank Today / Palm Oil Farming Or S*x T*ys Shop / My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Experience In Palm Oil Farming by opes: 10:33am On Jun 18, 2010
pls anybody with experience in Palm oil farming/production shud pls share with me on this thread.I need information on the production techniques and the type of crop it can be integrated with particularly in the first two yrs.i have read many literature about this and i will also prefer to hear from the palm oil farmers/Managers their experience

1 Like

Re: Your Experience In Palm Oil Farming by papasland(m): 6:16pm On Jun 22, 2010
Hello,
I have information and how to go about this business.You can send a mail to celebritybusinessnetwork@gmail.com for more discussion.
Re: Your Experience In Palm Oil Farming by opes: 12:01pm On Jun 23, 2010
@papasland,i just sent you a mail
Re: Your Experience In Palm Oil Farming by stagger: 12:25pm On Jun 23, 2010
It is not a question of sendng information by email.

Palm tree farming is CAPITAL INTENSIVE, and only the experts can give you all the info you need. You are better off going to the Nigerian Institute of Oil Palm Research (NIPOR) to get the info you are looking for.

1 Like

Re: Your Experience In Palm Oil Farming by targus: 2:55pm On Jan 22, 2011
Hi Opes, It's true that oil palm farming is capital intensive but very rewarding, It take total of 4-5 years (when you take the time in the nursery into consideration,) It's best to buy your seed from NIFOR in benin so that you can guarantee the quality of what you are planting, it's advisable for your plant to stay for minimum of 1 year in the nursery but 18-24 Months is better, You plant your plant about 8.7meter triangle which should give you about 60-62 on an acre, but once this is planted you can plant plantain in between,(up to 500 suckers) per acre which you can start havesting in 10-12 months and this should sustain the plantation until the oil palm start fruiting, I can tell you that it requires a lot of dedication and hardwork but like i said it's very rewarding. Hope this help.
Re: Your Experience In Palm Oil Farming by opes: 3:27am On May 20, 2011
Thank you Mr Targus for the input and the advice. you said it all. pls sir do you know the price of the seeds in NIFOR?
Re: Your Experience In Palm Oil Farming by targus: 9:17am On May 20, 2011
Hi Ope, seedling in NIFOR goes for 30 Naira Each, but make sure you get it from the sales department and with NIFOR receipt because everybody is selling on behalf of NIFOR trust me including the security men,
Re: Your Experience In Palm Oil Farming by opes: 1:16pm On May 20, 2011
again, thank you very much Mr Targus. I will be keeping you informed regarding the progress. is it also possible to buy from nursery, i mean germinated oil palm crop?
Re: Your Experience In Palm Oil Farming by targus: 5:43pm On May 20, 2011
Hi Ope, It's possible, i think they sell it between 140/150 naira per stand.
Re: Your Experience In Palm Oil Farming by pages(f): 3:31pm On Aug 12, 2011
Hi Opes

Reach me on pages@mail.com let me link you with a farmer owner
Re: Your Experience In Palm Oil Farming by pages(f): 9:30am On Aug 18, 2011
Sorry Ope, I must have deleted your mail after reading so been looking for your email to discuss. Please resend a mail to me. I've started the preliminary talks with the farm owner
Re: Your Experience In Palm Oil Farming by okine4real: 10:51am On May 22, 2013
targus: Hi Opes, It's true that oil palm farming is capital intensive but very rewarding, It take total of 4-5 years (when you take the time in the nursery into consideration,) It's best to buy your seed from NIFOR in benin so that you can guarantee the quality of what you are planting, it's advisable for your plant to stay for minimum of 1 year in the nursery but 18-24 Months is better, You plant your plant about 8.7meter triangle which should give you about 60-62 on an acre, but once this is planted you can plant plantain in between,(up to 500 suckers) per acre which you can start havesting in 10-12 months and this should sustain the plantation until the oil palm start fruiting, I can tell you that it requires a lot of dedication and hardwork but like i said it's very rewarding. Hope this help.

When people say 10Meter spacing or 8.7meter spacing i laugh. Do you know what 10 meter spacing means? if you have a plot of land measuring 100 by 100 feet, with 10 Meter spacing you would plant just 9pc of palm trees, with that kind of spacing know body would do that kind of business. The correct spacing is 10Feet or 8.7feet spacing, if you want to convert to meter, then its 3 Meter or 2.7 meter spacing

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Your Experience In Palm Oil Farming by Rexyl(m): 2:01pm On May 22, 2013
targus: Hi Opes, It's true that oil palm farming is capital intensive but very rewarding, It take total of 4-5 years (when you take the time in the nursery into consideration,) It's best to buy your seed from NIFOR in benin so that you can guarantee the quality of what you are planting, it's advisable for your plant to stay for minimum of 1 year in the nursery but 18-24 Months is better, You plant your plant about 8.7meter triangle which should give you about 60-62 on an acre, but once this is planted you can plant plantain in between,(up to 500 suckers) per acre which you can start havesting in 10-12 months and this should sustain the plantation until the oil palm start fruiting, I can tell you that it requires a lot of dedication and hardwork but like i said it's very rewarding. Hope this help.

yep, nice one
Re: Your Experience In Palm Oil Farming by dremaster(m): 5:09pm On May 22, 2013
am really interested in this and would welcome ideas.
Re: Your Experience In Palm Oil Farming by stephen1981(m): 5:01pm On Nov 06, 2013
the correct spacing for iol palm planting using the triangulation method, which I used in my farm , is nine metres, this will give you 140 to 145 stands per hectare
Re: Your Experience In Palm Oil Farming by stephen1981(m): 5:07pm On Nov 06, 2013
the correct spacing for oil palm planting using the triangulation method, which I used in my farm , is nine x nine x nine metres, this will give you 140 to 145 stands per hectare. nine feet is un heard of.

(1) (Reply)

Agent Banking With Opay, How Does It Work? / Join The Best Networking Business - Sairuimall / How To Make Perfume

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.