Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,876 members, 7,806,518 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:44 PM

Himba, Namibia Offers Sex To Guests - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Himba, Namibia Offers Sex To Guests (84742 Views)

Meet The African Tribe That Offers Sex To Guests / Do Benue Men Give Their Wives To Guests As Welcome Gift? My Personal Experience / Bizarre! See The Namibian Tribe Where Sex Is Offered To Guests (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Himba, Namibia Offers Sex To Guests by sanpipita(m): 7:57pm On Jul 31, 2018
African magic been doing a short movie based on above story and I thought it was a joke, the visitor ended up sharing STDs to the wife and husband
Re: Himba, Namibia Offers Sex To Guests by cenaman(m): 7:57pm On Jul 31, 2018
op you went to far away namibia to garder this fact, while same thing happen here in nigeria. the tiv people of benue state offer their wives to strangers to spend the night with, although is no more popular like the ancient time but is till happening now in some remote village.
Re: Himba, Namibia Offers Sex To Guests by otunbadan(m): 7:58pm On Jul 31, 2018
dingbang:
your father is a Nigerian man too...

Nope...
Re: Himba, Namibia Offers Sex To Guests by cenaman(m): 8:01pm On Jul 31, 2018
MrThisandthat:
Benue nko
not all benue tribes, only tiv people does that.
Re: Himba, Namibia Offers Sex To Guests by Smarkie: 8:05pm On Jul 31, 2018
zicoraads:

Okay. Who told you this? And did they experience it or they read it from a journal?
heard it from few people, though i can't prove it authencity
Re: Himba, Namibia Offers Sex To Guests by zicoraads: 8:08pm On Jul 31, 2018
Smarkie:
heard it from few people, though i can't prove it authencity
I never expected anything to be honest. I knew your answer would be 'I heard it from a few people'.

And you choose to spread an unconfirmed story about an entire tribe, without minding if it's a lie or not. Not minding its implications on the said tribe. You sound educated so I'll say you should know better. What if someone engages in a lie that is meant to demean your tribe and continue to spread it, how would you feel?! Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Himba, Namibia Offers Sex To Guests by zicoraads: 8:09pm On Jul 31, 2018
cenaman:
not all benue tribes, only tiv people does that.
And how do you know Tiv people do it?
Re: Himba, Namibia Offers Sex To Guests by zicoraads: 8:10pm On Jul 31, 2018
cenaman:
op you went to far away namibia to garder this fact, while same thing happen here in nigeria. the tiv people of benue state offer their wives to strangers to spend the night with, although is no more popular like the ancient time but is till happening now in some remote village.
Oh...it was popular in ancient times eh? How did you come about this? And which remote villages still practice it?
Re: Himba, Namibia Offers Sex To Guests by chijokz(m): 8:21pm On Jul 31, 2018
dynicks:
quick quick! enroute to NAMIBIA on a business trip!

I really need to put up some investments in that country....hehehe
I'll join you there my brother..my appointment @ the Namibian consulate is next week.
Re: Himba, Namibia Offers Sex To Guests by cenaman(m): 8:23pm On Jul 31, 2018
zicoraads:

Oh...it was popular in ancient times eh? How did you come about this? And which remote villages still practice it?
do you know if am from there? if you doubt me you can book an apointment with me to take you there but all expenses paid by you. deal?
Re: Himba, Namibia Offers Sex To Guests by dynicks(m): 8:24pm On Jul 31, 2018
chijokz:

I'll join you there my brother..my appointment @ the Namibian consulate is next week.
c'mon bro.....hop in!!...d journey is far....we wouldn't wanna arrive late make them no mistake us for bushmeat....

Re: Himba, Namibia Offers Sex To Guests by cenaman(m): 8:25pm On Jul 31, 2018
zicoraads:
And how do you know Tiv people do it?
must you know everything?
Re: Himba, Namibia Offers Sex To Guests by Revolva(m): 8:25pm On Jul 31, 2018
am heading to that country soon
Re: Himba, Namibia Offers Sex To Guests by zicoraads: 8:25pm On Jul 31, 2018
cenaman:
do you know if am from there? if you doubt me you can book an apointment with me to take you there but all expenses paid by you. deal?
You didn't answer my question. Where are you at the moment? I will book that appointment. But may God help you if we can't locate any village in Benue State where this is practiced. You will pay me back my money and other expenses incurred as well, deal?
Re: Himba, Namibia Offers Sex To Guests by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jul 31, 2018
Re: Himba, Namibia Offers Sex To Guests by chiommy123(f): 8:29pm On Jul 31, 2018
King44:
I am marrying you off that tribe
I Will change that culture if am from that tribe

1 Like

Re: Himba, Namibia Offers Sex To Guests by Smarkie: 8:31pm On Jul 31, 2018
zicoraads:

I never expected anything to be honest. I knew your answer would be 'I heard it from a few people'.

And you choose to spread an unconfirmed story about an entire tribe, without minding if it's a lie or not. Not minding its implications on the said tribe. You sound educated so I'll say you should know better. What if someone engages in a lie that is meant to demean your tribe and continue to spread it, how would you feel?! Cheers.
i'm sure this is not the first time you are hearing such. it is like an unwritten history about them
Re: Himba, Namibia Offers Sex To Guests by notoriousbabe: 8:32pm On Jul 31, 2018
Lalasticlala now you know where to spend your Christmas in December tongue tongue
Re: Himba, Namibia Offers Sex To Guests by cenaman(m): 8:34pm On Jul 31, 2018
zicoraads:

You didn't answer my question. Where are you at the moment? I will book that appointment. But may God help you if we can't locate any village in Benue State where this is practiced. You will pay me back my money and other expenses incurred as well, deal?
never mind my current location, am game. if i can't locate it i will pay u double, if u re ready let me know.
Re: Himba, Namibia Offers Sex To Guests by sammiepraise(m): 8:36pm On Jul 31, 2018
hmmm
what a tradition. they don't have much visitors that's why. by the time like 10 visitors visit you in two weeks....
Re: Himba, Namibia Offers Sex To Guests by zicoraads: 8:38pm On Jul 31, 2018
Smarkie:
i'm sure this is not the first time you are hearing such. it is like an unwritten history about them
More like a rumor that has been maliciously spread.

To those reading this.. Show me any reputable journal that says anything about the Tiv people and the practice of giving their wives out to visitors and I'll give you 10k.

Take me to any community that practices it now and I promise to pay all your expenses and also give you 20k for your troubles.
Re: Himba, Namibia Offers Sex To Guests by zicoraads: 8:39pm On Jul 31, 2018
cenaman:
never mind my current location, am game. if i can't locate it i will pay u double, if u re ready let me know.
I'm ready. I'll be in Makurdi on Friday.

Modified: Cenaman, I'm guessing you've copied it out. Do call please.
Re: Himba, Namibia Offers Sex To Guests by cenaman(m): 8:39pm On Jul 31, 2018
zicoraads:

after proven my fact to u, i will tell you more unbelievable fact about a tribe in cross river state.
Re: Himba, Namibia Offers Sex To Guests by zicoraads: 8:42pm On Jul 31, 2018
cenaman:
after proven my fact to u, i will tell you more unbelievable fact about a tribe in cross river state.
I don't care about the tribes in Cross River. I only care about the Tiv tribe. I've posted my number...copy it and send me a text please.
Re: Himba, Namibia Offers Sex To Guests by HardMirror(m): 8:42pm On Jul 31, 2018
chiommy123:
and the wife will accept to be used as kola to their visitors
cos she does not know better.
Re: Himba, Namibia Offers Sex To Guests by pocohantas(f): 8:44pm On Jul 31, 2018
zicoraads:

Wherever the two of you are, tell me and if possible, I'll make an arrangement to sponsor your trip to any Tiv household in Benue State. Go there and attempt to touch anyone's wife and let's see how that will turn out for you two. I think it's time to put this issue to bed once and for all. What better way of doing it than actually having witnesses to two people's deaths.

This old and foolish myth about the Benue Tiv man, offering his wife to guests still astounds me when supposedly 'educated' people say it.

There has been no journal to back this up. There was no journal at any point. There has been no living witness or a dead witness to say he was given someone's wife when he went visiting. No one mentioned this to their grand kids. No one has ever experienced it. Just a bunch of people always saying 'I heard the Tiv people too do it'.

Heard from where?

Poco hantas, I just saw your mention on page 2. This is my answer.

Hian! Uncle calm down na.
Who started that 'rumour' sef? Nawa o!
Re: Himba, Namibia Offers Sex To Guests by chiommy123(f): 8:44pm On Jul 31, 2018
HardMirror:
cos she does not know better.
this culture should be abolished
Re: Himba, Namibia Offers Sex To Guests by HardMirror(m): 8:48pm On Jul 31, 2018
chiommy123:
this culture should be abolished
it wld when western education becomes mandatory there.
Re: Himba, Namibia Offers Sex To Guests by zicoraads: 8:49pm On Jul 31, 2018
pocohantas:

Hian! Uncle calm down na.
Who started that 'rumour' sef? Nawa o!
This issue brought a lot of arguments between my lecturer and I back then in school. He alluded to this and I was instant in arguing against it. I didn't keep quiet and became quite popular in my 200 level days. grin cheesy

Thing is, I hear people say this and I always ask. And the answer is always 'I heard...some people said'. No single person has said they experienced it or know someone who did. Or even said they read or something. Even for history that is unwritten, there is always a piece of evidence, no matter how small to back it up. I don't take it lightly with anyone who says this. I don't joke with my people. tongue

1 Like

Re: Himba, Namibia Offers Sex To Guests by fortune1968: 8:49pm On Jul 31, 2018
Shegzy8:
Namibia is a very beautiful country...will love to visit there someday to check all their tourist attraction..HIMBA precisely is my headed destination
STD may be loading.......... just for you !
Re: Himba, Namibia Offers Sex To Guests by cenaman(m): 8:53pm On Jul 31, 2018
zicoraads:

I don't care about the tribes in Cross River. I only care about the Tiv tribe. I've posted my number...copy it and send me a text please.
i will do that asap.
Re: Himba, Namibia Offers Sex To Guests by Shegzy8(m): 8:56pm On Jul 31, 2018
fortune1968:
STD may be loading.......... just for you !
Ambassador for durex

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is This A Beauty Contest? - Northern Girls / Three Generations Of Ooni Of Ife And Their Rolls-royces (PHOTOS) / Half Somalis (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.