Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:33 AM

Infinix Note 5 Disadvantages. (must Read!!!) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Infinix Note 5 Disadvantages. (must Read!!!) (11215 Views)

Before You Sell That Phone Or Give It Out: A Must Read!!! / Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 A Prime Full Unboxing And Review / Advantages And Disadvantages Of Rooting An Android Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Infinix Note 5 Disadvantages. (must Read!!!) by nosiebaba(m): 5:01pm On Jul 31, 2018
Infinix note 5 is a great phone.. I gladly ditched my note 4 pro that came with a ton of problems from day 1 for the note 5, so far it's been a good experience but there are some vital even life saving features missing in the note 5.
1) there is no xhide app.. This app is very useful to hide apps, messages and personal files with sensitive information.. I find it most helpful with my banking apps. Banking apps now login with fingerprint making it easier to be coerced to transfer your money in event of a robbery. But with the xhide app, the assailant won't find any banking app on your phone.
Even when your phone is lost, your money is safe.
2) despite having fingerprint unlocks, many of us still value the double tap to lock and wake screen.. It saves your lock button the stress of having to press it anytime you want to lock or unlock your phone.. The button there by lasts longer..

Pls engineers these are my two basic and important features missing on this great phone.. Feel free to add yours.
Re: Infinix Note 5 Disadvantages. (must Read!!!) by Anegbettedude: 5:04pm On Jul 31, 2018
you stand point is borne out of misconceptions or should i say lack of information, the note 5 comes in Android one, which means it comes with only google pre installed apps. what this means is that you get to install whatever you desire to have on your device. The above you wrote up there are simply features which you expected but weren't included.
Double tap to wake up is simple, all you need do is go to gestures and activate dazol !!!! Next time asks questions if you dont understand.

12 Likes

Re: Infinix Note 5 Disadvantages. (must Read!!!) by nosiebaba(m): 5:09pm On Jul 31, 2018
Anegbettedude:
you stand point is bourne out of misconceptions or should i say lack of information, the note 5 comes in Android one, which means it comes with only google pre installed apps. what this means is that you get to install whatever you desire to have on your device.
Thanks for this reply.. It's not a misconception. Don't you think A phone a should feature apps that suits our needs?
The phone runs on android one fine but it's an infinix phone and infinix features the xhide feature in other phones. Pls read properly you might not know the value of a genuine app hider till you enter one chance bus in lagos.
Thanks.
Re: Infinix Note 5 Disadvantages. (must Read!!!) by nosiebaba(m): 5:12pm On Jul 31, 2018
Anegbettedude:
you stand point is borne out of misconceptions or should i say lack of information, the note 5 comes in Android one, which means it comes with only google pre installed apps. what this means is that you get to install whatever you desire to have on your device. The above you wrote up there are simply features which you expected but weren't included.
Double tap to wake up is simple, all you need do is go to gestures and activate dazol !!!! Next time asks questions if you dont understand.

I won't follow the rude path you have taken to reply me but the xhide app only comes from Infinix and is not available on any appstore neither can it be shared. Kindly Talk more on things you know about not things you are ignorant about.
Thanks

6 Likes

Re: Infinix Note 5 Disadvantages. (must Read!!!) by Thebwoy: 5:18pm On Jul 31, 2018
nosiebaba:

I won't follow the rude path you have taken to reply me but the xhide app only comes from Infinix and is not available on any appstore neither can it be shared. Kindly Talk more on things you know about not things you are ignorant about.
Thanks

Bro its android one. Android one , android one.
Android one features google stock ROM not infinix's.

Android one.
Repeat after me, android one

I don't known how to say it for you to understand

Andiloidi wanu.

7 Likes

Re: Infinix Note 5 Disadvantages. (must Read!!!) by nosiebaba(m): 5:29pm On Jul 31, 2018
Thebwoy:

Bro its android one. Android one , android one.
Android one features google stock ROM not infinix's.

Android one.
Repeat after me, android one

I don't known how to say it for you to understand

Andiloidi wanu.

I repeat after you andiloidi wanu. You can rest now ba.

2 Likes

Re: Infinix Note 5 Disadvantages. (must Read!!!) by Anegbettedude: 5:30pm On Jul 31, 2018
nosiebaba:

Thanks
ahhh na wahh ohh
Re: Infinix Note 5 Disadvantages. (must Read!!!) by henry007(m): 5:49pm On Jul 31, 2018
nosiebaba:
Infinix note 5 is a great phone.. I gladly ditched my note 4 pro that came with a ton of problems from day 1 for the note 5, so far it's been a good experience but there are some vital even life saving features missing in the note 5.
1) there is no xhide app.. This app is very useful to hide apps, messages and personal files with sensitive information.. I find it most helpful with my banking apps. Banking apps now login with fingerprint making it easier to be coerced to transfer your money in event of a robbery. But with the xhide app, the assailant won't find any banking app on your phone.
2) despite having fingerprint unlocks, many of us still value the double tap to lock and wake screen.. It saves your lock button the stress of having to press it anytime you want to lock or unlock your phone.. The button there by lasts longer..

Pls engineers these are my two basic and important features missing on this great phone.. Feel free to add yours.

True this. Third Party apps have to come to play for X-hide sha.
Re: Infinix Note 5 Disadvantages. (must Read!!!) by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jul 31, 2018
nosiebaba:

Thanks for this reply.. It's not a misconception. Don't you think A phone a should feature apps that suits our needs?
The phone runs on android one fine but it's an infinix phone and infinix features the xhide feature in other phones. Pls read properly you might not know the value of a genuine app hider till you enter one chance bus in lagos.
Thanks.

U still don't get it do u? The phone comes with Android One, which means google owns the software and not Infinix so it comes with pure android with no skins. The Xhide u are talking about is an Infninix XOS feature, Note 5 doesn't run on XOS but Android one which is pure android.. in ther words every infinix features exclusive to XOS are not included. If u want to hide ur apps u need to download a 3rd party app.

1 Like

Re: Infinix Note 5 Disadvantages. (must Read!!!) by nosiebaba(m): 8:10pm On Jul 31, 2018
henry007:

True this. Third Party apps have to come to play for X-hide sha.
Thanks my brother it obvious you are one of the few people who actually take time to read an artichoke.. Others are just saying what they don't know on this thread.
Re: Infinix Note 5 Disadvantages. (must Read!!!) by nosiebaba(m): 8:11pm On Jul 31, 2018
greenhulk:

U still don't get it do u? The phone comes with Android One, which means google owns the software and not Infinix so it comes with pure android with no skins. The Xhide u are talking about is an Infninix XOS feature, Note 5 doesn't run on XOS but Android one which is pure android.. in ther words every infinix features exclusive to XOS are not included. If u want to hide ur apps u need to download a 3rd party app.
Ok so double tap to wake device is also an app exclusive to infinix. You are very intelligent
Re: Infinix Note 5 Disadvantages. (must Read!!!) by lanre316: 8:34pm On Jul 31, 2018
Anegbettedude:

Xiaomi MI A1 is android one phone yet, Xiaomi puts added useful features like IR blaster (remote control). Google is not stopping infinix from including basic features that customers need/want as long as they don't alter the OS too much. Infinix is just.... I don't even know what to call them. Maybe lazy.

1 Like

Re: Infinix Note 5 Disadvantages. (must Read!!!) by nosiebaba(m): 10:57pm On Jul 31, 2018
lanre316:

Xiaomi MI A1 is android one phone yet, Xiaomi puts added useful features like IR blaster (remote control). Google is not stopping infinix from including basic features that customers need/want as long as they don't alter the OS too much. Infinix is just.... I don't even know what to call them. Maybe lazy.
God bless you my brother. Someone will be trying to point out important things to stakeholders some children will be trying to show they have wisdom.. I have just learnt to ignore them in their emptiness.
Re: Infinix Note 5 Disadvantages. (must Read!!!) by nosiebaba(m): 11:10pm On Jul 31, 2018
lanre316:

Help me tell them about HTC u11 that features their 2 additional AI assists, Amazon alexa And HTC companion alongside google assistant. Also tell them about Google pixel Samsung also retains it's special ingenious apps no matter the os it is running on.
Re: Infinix Note 5 Disadvantages. (must Read!!!) by Dream369: 12:00am On Aug 01, 2018
I didn't buy the note5 cos it didn't feature the xhide. As a freelancer, I always hide my apps and transactions before leaving my house on the Note4 pro. In case SARS stops me and see dollar transactions on my phone (a freelancer friend got into a problem cos of this)

Please can you suggest an App that can hide Apps on Android OS? Thanks
Re: Infinix Note 5 Disadvantages. (must Read!!!) by Phythondancer(f): 4:00am On Aug 01, 2018
I use the note 5 and I don't see this as a disadvantage bro.

1 Like

Re: Infinix Note 5 Disadvantages. (must Read!!!) by Anegbettedude: 8:08am On Aug 01, 2018
lanre316:

Infinix is not xiaomi.

1 Like

Re: Infinix Note 5 Disadvantages. (must Read!!!) by Nobody: 8:17am On Aug 01, 2018
nosiebaba:

Help me tell them about HTC u11 that features their 2 additional AI assists, Amazon alexa And HTC companion alongside google assistant. Also tell them about Google pixel Samsung also retains it's special ingenious apps no matter the os it is running on.

But HTC u11 doesn't run on Android one na. It runs on HTC sense while Samsung runs on Samsung experience. U are totally off point here. Infinix phones with xos has many infinix apps like xhide, xclub and other bloatwares. But as Android one it's not supposed to have any bloatwares. Go check Nokia phones and other phones that have Android one. They are totally free of bloatwares. If HTC or Samsung made phones with Android one they also will be totally free of bloatwares.

As for double tap to wake I don't know about that.

3 Likes

Re: Infinix Note 5 Disadvantages. (must Read!!!) by henry007(m): 8:43am On Aug 01, 2018
lanre316:

IR blaster is not a system app, is it?

1 Like

Re: Infinix Note 5 Disadvantages. (must Read!!!) by nosiebaba(m): 9:44am On Aug 01, 2018
greenhulk:

But HTC u11 doesn't run on Android one na. It runs on HTC sense while Samsung runs on Samsung experience. U are totally off point here. Infinix phones with xos has many infinix apps like xhide, xclub and other bloatwares. But as Android one it's not supposed to have any bloatwares. Go check Nokia phones and other phones that have Android one. They are totally free of bloatwares. If HTC or Samsung made phones with Android one they also will be totally free of bloatwares.

As for double tap to wake I don't know about that.
OGA Sir HTC u11 life ALSO features HTC SENSE EDGE DESPITE RUNNING ON ANDROID ONE.. HABA. Do your research and get your facts right.
Re: Infinix Note 5 Disadvantages. (must Read!!!) by lanre316: 11:49am On Aug 01, 2018
henry007:

It is. It came with Xiaomi phones
Re: Infinix Note 5 Disadvantages. (must Read!!!) by lanre316: 11:50am On Aug 01, 2018
Anegbettedude:
Infinix is not xiaomi.

Infinix Note 5 and Xiaomi MI A1 are both ANDROID ONE phones.
Re: Infinix Note 5 Disadvantages. (must Read!!!) by samuelchimmy(m): 1:24pm On Aug 01, 2018
henry007:

I don't think so
Re: Infinix Note 5 Disadvantages. (must Read!!!) by tidedroid: 1:49pm On Aug 01, 2018
nosiebaba:

the only con I can see in the note is that its not the best midrange phone for gaming,apart from that it should be solid for most other things

1 Like

Re: Infinix Note 5 Disadvantages. (must Read!!!) by Palmerbarry: 2:49pm On Aug 01, 2018
nosiebaba:

Thanks.

Guy what you saying? angry The note 5 runs on android one meaning no x' whatever. It's comes with PURE android softwares from google, more like a virgin android like pixel phones. No custom UI, bloatware (eg xhide, xclub)...etc

1 Like

Re: Infinix Note 5 Disadvantages. (must Read!!!) by henry007(m): 3:01pm On Aug 01, 2018
lanre316:

It is. It came with Xiaomi phones

I mean it ships with the phone but it works like a downloadable app that works only when you open it.
It doesn't work when the app is closed and phone is asleep.
Re: Infinix Note 5 Disadvantages. (must Read!!!) by Nobody: 5:19pm On Aug 01, 2018
nosiebaba:

OGA Sir HTC u11 life ALSO features HTC SENSE EDGE DESPITE RUNNING ON ANDROID ONE.. HABA. Do your research and get your facts right.

Good point. The bottom line here is not to have bloatwares on Android one. Maybe Infinix were a little lazy not to add their own featured to the Android one experience.. but u cannot blame them for that. Moreover the U11 life u are talking about here has 2 versions, the HTC sense and Android One version. The sense edge squeeze is a hardware feature. Why doesn't the u11 life Android one version have blink feed which is a feature that has been ever present in all HTC phones?

2 Likes

Re: Infinix Note 5 Disadvantages. (must Read!!!) by nosiebaba(m): 6:49pm On Aug 01, 2018
greenhulk:

Good point. The bottom line here is not to have bloatwares on Android one. Maybe Infinix were a little lazy not to add their own featured to the Android one experience.. but u cannot blame them for that. Moreover the U11 life u are talking about here has 2 versions, the HTC sense and Android One version. The sense edge squeeze is a hardware feature. Why doesn't the u11 life Android one version have blink feed which is a feature that has been ever present in all HTC phones?
My brother the point of this thread is to enlighten the infinix team and encourage them to add these good features to the next update. I am currently using the note 5 and I highlighted the most essential features that I miss. I have currently received two software upgrades in two weeks I bought this phone, on purchasing the phone Google lens wasn't even present, i got an update notification three days after.. After updating, the Google lens came up.
The second update cancelled activating Google assistant by placing your finger on the fingerprint sensor for 5seconds.
These are necessary things they felt had to be changed for user convienience.
I am hoping the next update can deal with these two vital points I suggested. That's all no big deal and no need for arguments.. I love xhide, on activating you won't even know it's present just dial ##pin and all it comes up its a very cool feature with no adds and no upgrades..
Secondly it's better not to stress your power buttons to wake your phone. Many phones have power button problems after some time due to excessive pressing.
So this thread is just a constructive suggestion of a user not otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Infinix Note 5 Disadvantages. (must Read!!!) by nosiebaba(m): 6:52pm On Aug 01, 2018
Palmerbarry:

Guy what you saying? angry The note 5 runs on android one meaning no x' whatever. It's comes with PURE android softwares from google, more like a virgin android like pixel phones. No custom UI, bloatware (eg xhide, xclub)...etc
ahn ahn
So Double tap to wake phone now an bloatware app?? Wow that's great thank you.
Pls also send me xhide app when you see it on play store.
Re: Infinix Note 5 Disadvantages. (must Read!!!) by nosiebaba(m): 6:59pm On Aug 01, 2018
Phythondancer:
I use the note 5 and I don't see this as a disadvantage bro.
Pray you don't enter one chance in ikeja or enter sars palava they will just scroll through you phone see your banking app and order you to open it and make transfers.
I am only enlightening people that are unaware of this bad experience. But aha what do I know, you know say I no get sense.
Re: Infinix Note 5 Disadvantages. (must Read!!!) by Nobody: 7:41pm On Aug 01, 2018
nosiebaba:

My brother the point of this thread is to enlighten the infinix team and encourage them to add these good features to the next update. I am currently using the note 5 and I highlighted the most essential features that I miss. I have currently received two software upgrades in two weeks I bought this phone, on purchasing the phone Google lens wasn't even present, i got an update notification three days after.. After updating, the Google lens came up.
The second update cancelled activating Google assistant by placing your finger on the fingerprint sensor for 5seconds.
These are necessary things they felt had to be changed for user convienience.
I am hoping the next update can deal with these two vital points I suggested. That's all no big deal and no need for arguments.. I love xhide, on activating you won't even know it's present just dial ##pin and all it comes up its a very cool feature with no adds and no upgrades..
Secondly it's better not to stress your power buttons to wake your phone. Many phones have power button problems after some time due to excessive pressing.
So this thread is just a constructive suggestion of a user not otherwise.

The fact still remains xhide is an xos exclusive feature. Note 5 doesn't use xos.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Partial Disconnection: We’re Not Owing MTN Interconnect Charges – Globacom / Samsung-Galaxy Note 3 To Be Released On September 25th / Download 2go Mobile Messenger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.