Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,225 members, 7,780,429 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:07 PM

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 02/08/18 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 02/08/18 (273 Views)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 02/08/2021 / 02/08/20: Prophet T.B. Joshua Decalares All In Honduras Isolation Centre Free / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 02/08/18 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 02/08/18 by WildChild00(m): 9:14pm On Jul 31, 2018
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 02/08/18 by WildChild00(m): 9:52pm On Jul 31, 2018
Open Heaven 2 August 2018: [Thursday] Daily Devotional By Pastor E. A. Adeboye
Are You in the Number?
ARE YOU IN THE NUMBER? – Thursday August 2nd 2018
Memorise: Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God. Acts 14:22
Read: Revelation 19:5-9 (KJV)
5 And a voice came out of the throne, saying, Praise our God, all ye his servants, and ye that fear him, both small and great.
6 And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.
7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.
9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.
Bible in one year: Esther 8-10, Matthew 12:33-50, Hymnal: Sing hymn 5
Based on an erroneous understanding of the scripture in Revelation 7:4, a certain religious group claims that only one hundred and forty-four thousand people will qualify to be in heaven. This cannot be further from the truth because the Bible says in verse nine of that same chapter:

“After this I behold, and, lo, a great multitude which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;”

Further debunking this wrong teaching, Apostle John in today’s Bible reading heard the voice of a great multitude shouting Alleluia in worship of then omnipotent God. They were rejoicing because they were numbered among the participants at the marriage supper of the Lamp. The question for our consideration today is, what qualified them to be numbered among these very important guests at the marriage supper of the Lamb? The answer to this question is found in Revelation 7:13-14:

“And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, what are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they? And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.”
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 02/08/18 by WildChild00(m): 9:52pm On Jul 31, 2018
Sing hymn 5
I HAVE DECIDED TO
FOLLOW JESUS
I have decide to follow Jesus;
I have decided to follow Jesus;
I have decided to follow Jesus;
No turning back, no turning back.

The world behind me, the cross
Before me;
before me;
Before me;

Through none go with me, still I
Will follow;
Will follow;
Will follow;

My cross 1’ll carry, till I see Jesus;

Will you decide now to follow
Jesus?
Jesus?
Jesus?

(1) (Reply)

The Lord Gives, He Doesn’t Take - Job 1:6-20 / God's Love / مَحَبَّةُ اللهِ - Paul Washer / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 21/08/18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.