Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,134 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:47 AM

Why Are Yorubas Anti-saraki? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Yorubas Anti-saraki? (4724 Views)

IGP: Bukola Saraki Steps Down From His Chair As Senate President (Video) / Police Tells Saraki Not To Interfere In Investigation Of Gang Of Hired Assassins / Saraki: "IGP Idris Plans To Implicate Me, Using Some Thugs" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Yorubas Anti-saraki? by Ofodirinwa: 9:58pm On Jul 31, 2018
Even northerners respect him. middle belt respects him. igbos respect him. Ijaw etc. Even if they don't like him, they respect him.
But all over social media, Yorubas are on the attack. Almost exclusively. Can someone explain this?

They're against Fayose
They're against FFK
They're against Saraki

but they're for

Osibanjo and Kemi Adeosun. Both silent slaves.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Yorubas Anti-saraki? by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jul 31, 2018
The enemy of my friend is my enemy...go figure lipsrsealed

10 Likes

Re: Why Are Yorubas Anti-saraki? by Oblang(m): 10:22pm On Jul 31, 2018
Some ppl looking for Yoruba's opinion on every issue like their life depend on it...

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are Yorubas Anti-saraki? by Aquariann: 10:34pm On Jul 31, 2018
Why are Igbos against Okorocha?

70 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Are Yorubas Anti-saraki? by Obinwenite(m): 10:37pm On Jul 31, 2018
Ofodirinwa:
Even northerners respect him. middle belt respects him. igbos respect him. Ijaw etc. Even if they don't like him, they respect him.
But all over social media, Yorubas are on the attack. Almost exclusively. Can someone explain this?

They're against Fayose
They're against FFK
They're against Saraki

but they're for

The same thing I noticed recently... You begin to wonder.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Yorubas Anti-saraki? by Ziggylady(f): 10:43pm On Jul 31, 2018
Ofodirinwa:

They're against Fayose
They're against FFK
They're against Saraki

but they're for

Very obvious....Any criticism against buhariAPC to them translates to one against Osibanjo(their bragging rights) and Tinubu their god..

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Yorubas Anti-saraki? by Oblang(m): 10:46pm On Jul 31, 2018
Aquariann:

Good question...

21 Likes

Re: Why Are Yorubas Anti-saraki? by Ofodirinwa: 10:47pm On Jul 31, 2018
Oblang:
Some ppl looking for Yoruba's opinion on every issue like their life depend on it...
we already know your opinion. I jidi-ihe m'juru ngi, hapu thread'm

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Yorubas Anti-saraki? by Dasini: 10:57pm On Jul 31, 2018
It is not about Yoruba Obas alone, an average Yoruba man detest a traitor, and that is what this man represents, someone that betrayed is Father's trust, you cant trust such a man.

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Are Yorubas Anti-saraki? by Jokerman(m): 11:01pm On Jul 31, 2018
Dasini:
It is not about Yoruba Obas alone, an average Yoruba man detest a traitor, and that is what this man represents, someone that betrayed is Father's trust, you cant trust such a man.

But a love Amaechi...

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Yorubas Anti-saraki? by Jokerman(m): 11:02pm On Jul 31, 2018
it's mostly the Yoruba Muslims that hate saraki...

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are Yorubas Anti-saraki? by triblehaul1: 11:02pm On Jul 31, 2018
Ofodirinwa:

They're against Fayose
They're against FFK
They're against Saraki

but they're for

Very simple we detest what the PDP stands for, sharing of the national wealth among crooks and vagabonds.

Jokerman:
it's mostly the Yoruba Muslims that hate saraki...

Dead brain Igbo is Saraki not a Muslim ?

46 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why Are Yorubas Anti-saraki? by Ofodirinwa: 11:23pm On Jul 31, 2018
Aquariann:

Nepotism, poor governance, lying and he consistently uses Igbos are a stepping stone to make himself look 'detribalized' so that he can get the presidency with our necks. He's also notorious for infighting with other eastern governors and embarrassing Imo state with stunts.

Oya, I've answered, ngi kwa?

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Yorubas Anti-saraki? by slimfit1(m): 11:25pm On Jul 31, 2018
We dont encourage thieves and worship thieves compared to the rest of you. These Igbo people want us to put a red carpet on the floor for him like Ibori no no NO we are not morally bankrupt lile you guys Hausa and Igbo.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Are Yorubas Anti-saraki? by Ofodirinwa: 11:25pm On Jul 31, 2018
triblehaul1:

Very simple we detest what the PDP stands for, sharing of the national wealth among crooks and vagabonds.

Dead brain Igbo is Saraki not a Muslim ?
I've come to realize there's a lot of Fulani ppl are pretending to be Yoruba and 'Niger Delta' on here lol

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Yorubas Anti-saraki? by RevenGeMission: 11:38pm On Jul 31, 2018
why ??

its called honor

1 Like

Re: Why Are Yorubas Anti-saraki? by wakaman: 11:41pm On Jul 31, 2018
It's because of omoluabinism.

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Yorubas Anti-saraki? by Ofodirinwa: 11:44pm On Jul 31, 2018
slimfit1:
We dont encourage thieves and worship thieves compared to the rest of you.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Yorubas Anti-saraki? by Ofodirinwa: 11:47pm On Jul 31, 2018
I suspect jealousy. Even when OBJ was starting up they hated him. Once he out of power, he's a hero to them. I don't think they like seeing independent-minded Yoruba people that aren't controlled. I've heard of bad belle among the group but I'm seeing that it's on different scale

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Are Yorubas Anti-saraki? by Ziggylady(f): 11:49pm On Jul 31, 2018
slimfit1:
We dont encourage thieves and worship thieves compared to the rest of you. These Igbo people want us to put a red carpet on the floor for him like Ibori no no NO we are not morally bankrupt lile you guys Hausa and Igbo.

But you worship thief tinubu.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Yorubas Anti-saraki? by pyxon(m): 11:49pm On Jul 31, 2018
As a Yoruba man, Once you stand up against Fulani, fellow Yoruba will see as going against the master

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Yorubas Anti-saraki? by Christian590(m): 11:50pm On Jul 31, 2018
Ask them ooooo.. Buhari must go

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Yorubas Anti-saraki? by Linzo(m): 12:04am On Aug 01, 2018
slimfit1:
Please name one saint or a loot free member in APC. If you name only I will give N750 MTN card

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Yorubas Anti-saraki? by justtoodark: 12:04am On Aug 01, 2018
are you people blind...??...

saraki is partly igbo.....he is an osu....

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Yorubas Anti-saraki? by Nobody: 12:11am On Aug 01, 2018
Aquariann:
Rochas is not an igbo man his mum was raped by an hausa fulani

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Yorubas Anti-saraki? by yipata: 12:18am On Aug 01, 2018
WE DONT SUPPORT DISLOYAL SOULS. OUR WORD IS OUR BOND. BUT NOT HIM INCLUDING THE SHAMELESS OBASANJO.

8 Likes

Re: Why Are Yorubas Anti-saraki? by kalu61(m): 1:27am On Aug 01, 2018
slimfit1:
Really. Hypocrite
Re: Why Are Yorubas Anti-saraki? by omowolewa: 1:44am On Aug 01, 2018
Fallacy, relocate from the area you live or the media you read.
Re: Why Are Yorubas Anti-saraki? by stonemasonn: 1:53am On Aug 01, 2018
Ofodirinwa:
I suspect jealousy. Even when OBJ was starting up they hated him. Once he out of power, he's a hero to them. I don't think they like seeing independent-minded Yoruba people that aren't controlled. I've heard of bad belle among the group but I'm seeing that it's on different scale
hahahahahahahaha............are you referring to Igbos?? becauuse when it comes to jealousy and oju-kokoro, SE born Igbos both rich and poor are number one.

13 Likes

Re: Why Are Yorubas Anti-saraki? by Nobody: 2:06am On Aug 01, 2018
Yoruba moslims here be claiming they don't worship looters and thieves but they hit their foreheads on the ground for the frog eyed Tinubu who has raped and is still raping Lagos State resources and has turned most of Lagos to his family property.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Yorubas Anti-saraki? by BabaRamota1980: 2:14am On Aug 01, 2018
Ofodirinwa:

They're against Fayose
They're against FFK
They're against Saraki

but they're for

Stop drooling on your shirt. Somebody tie a bib round this man neck to save him from soiling his shirt.

Yorubas do not hate on their own kind but we are an accountable people.

Weve been knowing the Sarakis before you all knew him. Many of the victims of Societe Generale Bank were Yorubas not Ibos. The family has yet to apologize.

Kwara is an old state, with many ancient urban centers like Offa, Ilorin, Jebba, Bussa. There is no reason Kwara should be behind Kaduna in development. Kaduna is a relatively recent creation. The Sarakis have been at helm of political affairs and retarded growth of Ilorin because they did not want new money and new powers to compete with them.

Kwarans want change of hands.

There are still Yorubas that love Saraki.

You yanminrins happen to be soldiers of fortune. Everyone you love is a looser. Infact it should not be surprising, yanminri itself is synonymous with defeat! grin

24 Likes

Re: Why Are Yorubas Anti-saraki? by wowcatty: 2:34am On Aug 01, 2018
You can think those three as our own Igbokwe.

Yoruba are free thinkers unlike you Igbos who think the same way. Omoluabi respect people who have Yoruba interest at heart first and foremost. Fayose and FFK are not Omoluabi and more pro Igbos than they are Yoruba. Saraki is a fulani man.

So far, Osinbajo and Adeosun are Yoruba patriots, the two haven't put others interest above that of Yoruba and I can proudly say they are our own first before they are other's.
Ofodirinwa:

They're against Fayose
They're against FFK
They're against Saraki

but they're for

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EndSARS: NANS Enugu Urges Judicial Panel To Carry Out Their Duty Diligently / "Orobo With Zero Sense" DSS Dg’s Son Knocks Teni Over ‘disrespect’ To Buhari / Mother Of The Incoming Governor, Yorubas Dodge A Bullet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.