Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,339 members, 7,780,894 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:11 AM

26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) (38316 Views)

I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh / Genotype: I'm The Only One Still Living In This Picture - Man / Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by LeoFish92(m): 10:30am On Aug 01, 2018
pocohantas:

Heya! You write well and you're polite too. You must be an intelligent young man, though I like old men sha grin.

Well, I won't say I don't understand your point, but I think you should give it a lil more time and planning. Zicoraads has said it all, one step at a time.

Lol, at the bolded, did I subconsciously make advances towards you?

2 Likes

Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by LeoFish92(m): 10:32am On Aug 01, 2018
zicoraads:

Yups, apply for a regular job. I have one and two others. And I'm hoping to add that writing too, especially now that I'm free.

When I moved into mine, I only had a GOTv and a 32 inch TV. grin

You mustn't have a fridge and all. There is a thread on Nairaland about home clearance sales. I've seen really cheap and good items there. So you can start from there.

Wow, I'm gonna check it out.

Thanks a bunch.

1 Like

Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by Nobody: 10:52am On Aug 01, 2018
pocohantas:

Who tell you I can't understand?

Well true.... The pressure on guys to leave the house is way much more than the lady also better now to know the babe who likes him for him, [s]then again it could apply to some ladies also. [/s]

Guy things
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by pocohantas(f): 11:45am On Aug 01, 2018
LeoFish92:

Lol, at the bolded, did I subconsciously make advances towards you?

LOL, not at all. Just telling you the story of my life na cheesy

zicoraads:

See this my gelfren undecided SMH angry

He does write well tbh. I noticed too. cheesy

You can say that again wink.
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by GCsomething: 12:12pm On Aug 01, 2018
I spot wrong motive. Not allowed keep late night; no female visitor(s); too religious family...

Oga, don't be a prodigal son. Have better reasons to.move out

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by tellwisdom: 12:13pm On Aug 01, 2018
What??...30k is too much for u na. angry

2 Likes

Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by ilyasom(m): 12:13pm On Aug 01, 2018
pcguru1:

Bro ain't no shame oh I moved out of the house because I wanted to have more sex and drink and a lot of personal time to read and do my work, but what you don't have you don't have, I moved out of the house by 28, people would make fun of the situation but never on how to help to achieve that aim faster. For now just save and keep pushing eventually it will happen. Don't stress yourself keep hustling I feel you bro all the best

Note: Chill and save more because with 30k , would you be able yo pay the agent fee and renovation for the house, rent is one thing, cleaning up the house is another, cost me a lot and yet the condition of the house is terrible, waters leaking so take time and save then pick what you love.
I love this answer

2 Likes

Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by igwefivestar(m): 12:13pm On Aug 01, 2018
pocohantas:
Nothing wrong with seeking to move out of your parents house, but you want to do it for all the wrong reasons.

So, your definition of worse is that you can't receive female visitors?
Na with your 30k you wan use stay with woman PRIVATELY? grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by nabegibeg: 12:13pm On Aug 01, 2018
pocohantas:
Nothing wrong with seeking to move out of your parents house, but you want to do it for all the wrong reasons.

Na with your 30k you wan use stay with woman PRIVATELY?

This is the best advice I have read so far and coming from you shows you are wonderful woman.

You earned my respect

2 Likes

Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by bidexolumanish(m): 12:14pm On Aug 01, 2018
LeoFish92:
Greetings family-landers, I'm having this issue which has been bordering me, I finished service last year, recently got an online side hustle which gives me 30k per month.

And at 26,I'm no longer comfortable staying at home with my parents, I can't hang out late with my friends without my parents drowning my phone with calls, as early as 8.pm at night the calls will start flowing as if I'm a customer care agent. (really frustrating)

Almost all my guys are living on their own, and to make matters worse, I can't receive any female visitor cos of my religious parents and lack of privacy.

On the flip side, I'm scared if a 30k monthly salary can be enough for a guy who wants to rent and probably furnish a self-con of 70-80k per year. (I'm not the extravagant type)

I've never lived alone so I'm really confused if I should make this move at this point in my life.

Guys who are living on their own, what's your take on this?

abeg ,which online side hustle are u into.
maybe i can do it too
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by johnydon22(m): 12:14pm On Aug 01, 2018
LeoFish92:
Greetings family-landers, I'm having this issue which has been bordering me, I finished service last year, recently got an online side hustle which gives me 30k per month.

And at 26,I'm no longer comfortable staying at home with my parents, I can't hang out late with my friends without my parents drowning my phone with calls, as early as 8.pm at night the calls will start flowing as if I'm a customer care agent. (really frustrating)

Almost all my guys are living on their own, and to make matters worse, I can't receive any female visitor cos of my religious parents and lack of privacy.

On the flip side, I'm scared if a 30k monthly salary can be enough for a guy who wants to rent and probably furnish a self-con of 70-80k per year. (I'm not the extravagant type)

I've never lived alone so I'm really confused if I should make this move at this point in my life.

I left home at 23 when i was still earning 17k a month. Shared a 1 room apartment with a friend.

Now i am 25 and i live in my own flat.

Take that first step bro, it will not be anything near easy but it is necessary.

If you do not do what you can't do, you will never be more than you are.

You will definitely suffer, it will be too hard but you won't die.

You will only get better.

You have food, you have a shelter over your head, you don't worry about nepa bills, you don't bother about anything.

Step out of your comfort zone, that is when you will understand the necessity to do more

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by johnydon22(m): 12:15pm On Aug 01, 2018
oyb:

Ehen? My first salary was 25k.
Mine was 17k. No amount is ever too small to start a life with

4 Likes

Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by SlayQueenSlayer(m): 12:16pm On Aug 01, 2018
LeoFish92:

I left home at the age of 19.

1 Like

Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by Nobody: 12:16pm On Aug 01, 2018
Rent a place but visit them daily for lunch, not breakfast and not dinner.

That will give you some element of freedom without the boredom associated with being alone.

And please except you find a lady that loves you without financial demands, stop complicating your life further.

8 Likes

Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by SokoDobo: 12:18pm On Aug 01, 2018
Hmmm
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by Lordofthewest(m): 12:18pm On Aug 01, 2018
pocohantas:

2 Likes

Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by Truflexunits(m): 12:18pm On Aug 01, 2018
Please what's the online side hustle, sombori will like to invest into it too.

1 Like

Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by erico2k2(m): 12:19pm On Aug 01, 2018
LeoFish92:

Do what men do in the west, get a group of friends ur own age who have same issue, rent a flat.ie 2 bedroom or three and share the bills, move from there.

6 Likes

Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by obailala(m): 12:19pm On Aug 01, 2018
pocohantas:

I disagree with the bolded; what exactly is wrong about his reasons?... and what could possibly pass as a 'right reason'?

Truth is that the reasons he gave (i.e. freedom and privacy) is the reason 95% of guys (who still live in the same city with their parents) moved out of their family houses. There's absolutely nothing wrong with a 26 year old guy man desiring to have freedom and privacy.

Irrespective of his current income, this is the time in his life when he needs to start learning to live alone and also a time he needs to start sampling and learning how to receive or be with women; he's already walked into the marriage realm and he shouldnt really wait till he got 300k before he starts learning to be with women.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by omomummy11: 12:21pm On Aug 01, 2018
There's noting wrong in living ur parent house,ure already an adult. 30k is enough to start ur own life,however make sure ur 3 months salary most be able to pay ur rent.

2 Likes

Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by Nobody: 12:22pm On Aug 01, 2018
Wilfredpat22:
Sir I am a woman and when I moved out of my parents home I was working in Mr Biggs as a attendant that serves meals

I was earning 25k and staying alone and slept on the floor. I was saving small small. I ate once a day to maintain my figure and I also sent some money to my grandma in the village

You are a man and can do better than me sir if you are determined
get out from here.Your own situation is different nah. Men will definitely assist u.Are u not a lady?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by DidierDrogba: 12:22pm On Aug 01, 2018
I was once in your condition..i started buying properties little by little,first i was scared to move out,thinking that i will die of hunger.....but i later took the decision after I've gotten enough properties....i later realised say hunger no dey kill man...any hw any hw man must chop....and also God helps people that takes steps....but i advice you never to leave your parents house just because you wanna be bringing women into your house because you will get tired of it and might not even make any savings at the end of the year.....move out from their house if you believe you are matured and grown and you can hustle

8 Likes

Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by latexxbro(m): 12:23pm On Aug 01, 2018
LeoFish92:

the only problem is that you have never lived on your own....Right from sch,I have been living on my own and while I will be graduating this year,I plan on living on my own if not for service....Leave your fathers house if u really want a bright future...

5 Likes

Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by barongmj(f): 12:23pm On Aug 01, 2018
As a man and at 26, you should be able to live alone and take decisions on your own but if those excuses you gave are at the top of the chain, it might be a move you will regret.
So just chill a lil bit "grow up" more, learn more and when you have the right mindset and your priorities are well in place, then move

1 Like

Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by justtoodark: 12:23pm On Aug 01, 2018
LeoFish92:

i left home with 16.....

i couldnt handle my parents controlling nature no more...

but i was working already at 16,repairing bycycles...sooo,they helped me with paying my small room....and their was peace between us...

better start early looking for yourself...parents should only be a backup plan.....
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by samuelchimmy(m): 12:23pm On Aug 01, 2018
I don't understand why you can't save 20k per month for one year and move out .. I was earning less than 10k with some daily changes when I started living alone,i was 18 then,i remember when I started, my room was empty, I slept on cold floor for some time, bought some few stuffs including bed... But I must mention rentage was 30k per year....... I'm 23 now.you can do it bro, but there will be many times when you wish you were in your parents house

5 Likes

Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by darmywealth: 12:24pm On Aug 01, 2018
GUY COMOT HOUSE DONT WAIT TILL U GET BETTER SALARY U ARE AFRAID OF NOT BEEN ABLE TO PAY RIGHT......IF U DONT MAKE A MOVE NOW U WILL BE STOCKED WITH UR PARENTS FOR A LONG TIME AND PLS GET AWAY FROM UR COMFORT ZONE BETTER THINGS U WILL EXPERINCE WHEN U LEAVE ON UR OWN

1 Like

Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by DavidEsq(m): 12:25pm On Aug 01, 2018
pocohantas:

3 Likes

Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by Charmingrascal(m): 12:25pm On Aug 01, 2018
It is advisable for every young man at the age of at most 25 years who can afford an apartment of his own to leave his parents house.
At the age of 25 every young man should strive to leave his comfort zone (parents' house) not because u want to live a life that no one will check mate u but because u have to be a man of ur own.

#Mytake

9 Likes

Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by yesloaded: 12:26pm On Aug 01, 2018
LeoFish92:

Your reasons is not enough bro, I still stay inside my father house even when I already made my first million naira. I remain in single room in my father house, I pay more than 30k to staffs I employed in my own office and to make matter worse, my Dada house to my office is 700 to 800naira transport fee everyday while I can get myself decent self contain or 2bedroom flat at 100k to 120k very close to my office without any transport fare. You should focus on how to develop yourself other than keeping late night outings, partying or carrying girls up and down. Work hard, make money and very other things shall fall in place bro.
Good luck

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by Nobody: 12:27pm On Aug 01, 2018
Leaving ones parents to settle down is good because it makes you responsible for your actions and decisions. But ask yourself the true motive why you want to leave. If is basically to get your privacy so as to keep late nites with your pals and female friends, you are going to get tired no doubt. Just think twice before you walk out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Does An Average Nigerian Youth Escape Poverty? / Man Struggles To Carry His Pregnant Wife In Maternity Photos / The Woman I Hate To Have As Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.