Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,460 members, 7,808,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:42 PM

26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) (38453 Views)

I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh / Genotype: I'm The Only One Still Living In This Picture - Man / Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by lanre0147(m): 8:30am On Aug 03, 2018
LeoFish92:
Greetings family-landers, I'm having this issue which has been bordering me, I finished service last year, recently got an online side hustle which gives me 30k per month.

And at 26,I'm no longer comfortable staying at home with my parents, I can't hang out late with my friends without my parents drowning my phone with calls, as early as 8.pm at night the calls will start flowing as if I'm a customer care agent. (really frustrating)

Almost all my guys are living on their own, and to make matters worse, I can't receive any female visitor cos of my religious parents and lack of privacy.

On the flip side, I'm scared if a 30k monthly salary can be enough for a guy who wants to rent and probably furnish a self-con of 70-80k per year. (I'm not the extravagant type)

I've never lived alone so I'm really confused if I should make this move at this point in my life.

Guys who are living on their own, what's your take on this?

bro don't mind people condemning you,you are old enough to stand on your own but what you need now is savings but for the mean time sit your parents down and talk to them that you are an adult bro and you don't like the way they treat you,besides that you too can stock the house with food once a while or bars with wine,Don't eat food at home all the time with these they will understand that you are now an adult
You can't be eating mama thank you all the time and still be asking for money for airtime, bike,barb all the time from home and expect them to treat you like adult,bro wake up girls below your age self confront their parents talk less of a full grown man,bro be a man, they didn't expect you to be not having sex at your age.
Freedom is not free but earned

1 Like

Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by MissJoy29(f): 9:58am On Aug 03, 2018
robotix:
Lol are you surprise? Well, his writing depends on what clients need. You have to decide a sector that you would like to serve. Some write for parenting, some for businesses, some for startup, press releases and so on. just visit his website and see.
I'm definitely surprised.

I will check him out. Thanks

1 Like

Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by Goddyss(m): 4:15pm On Aug 03, 2018
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by Aspiregreat: 4:34pm On Aug 03, 2018
Enykings:
My guy, at the end of the day, it boils down to choice and consequence. There are no right or wrong choices here.

But let me tell you something.

One mistake I often see people make, is failing to look at life contextually. Figuratively speaking, life is more of a niche than a habitat.

Decisions ought to be made in consideration of a person's unique circumstances. A lot of people make the mistake of applying general rules to their unique situations and expect to obtain certain preconceived results.

Outside the abstract world of mathematics, one plus one is not always equal to two. One plus one is equal to any number n raised to the power of one to infinity. There are no set rules to this thing.

Choose your priorities carefully and logically and let all your decisions be guided by them. Do not leave your parents house for reasons that would not impact so much on your goal of success.

Forget what people tell you about going out there to tough it out and so on. Yes you would not die. You would survive and may eventually make it big. But another thing many people fail to grasp at a deep level is the power of leverage.

Never underestimate that thing. It is what gives the edge to people. It plays a huge role on how far a person climbs in life. It has been very strategic in the success of many successful people.

People who understand it and use it don't suffer needlessly like others.

If I was born in America and you were born in war torn Libya, our chances of making it to a large extent are not the same.

Look to the future bro. Continue staying in your parents house for now. Delay gratification for a while longer. Enjoy the free food and the free roof over your head. Save as aggressively as you can and invest. Keep searching for that job. Give it three years from now and you would marvel at how much you would have achieved just because you delayed gratification and used your leverage.

A person who earns 40k with all other expenses paid for and a person who earns 80k and has expenses of 40k are on the same level financially. It is what it is. Funny but true.

Others would look at it as you still eating mummy thank you, but I see it as the unique edge that you have over others. Leverage on it to climb up the ladder of success.

Girls will always exist and the freedom you so seek will not go extinct. They will always be there in the future. Suffer today and live like a king tomorrow. Erimeri enweghi nkwuzi n'eluwa. Enjoyment has no end in this life.

No truer words have been said! I have never been a fan of doing things out of compelled urgency, I make plans for today,tomorrow and the future not because I can't take the bull by the horns but to take charge of my tomorrow, The key is patience and endurance mate! and watch everything fall into place.

1 Like

Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by dam007(m): 1:47pm On Aug 10, 2018
JustGuy:

Wow.... I like your girlfriend already. Are you two still together? She seems a nice and responsible person.
we still are. trust me, she's a jewel. this is only a fraction of the things she's helped me achieve. she's by far the rarest being I've ever met. been 10 years together and we're getting stronger everyday
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by Blackmiserable(m): 2:22pm On Oct 12, 2019
pcguru1:

Lol you're a lady you can't understand he needs to have female company and interest now when there's no money if not he can't be sure who is interested for him or his cash.

What do you do for a living now?
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by Blackmiserable(m): 2:23pm On Oct 12, 2019
LeoFish92:

but at the moment, I just make Lil cash with my online stuff,

What do you do online?
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by Nobody: 2:24pm On Oct 12, 2019
Blackmiserable:

What do you do for a living now?
Software Engineering , but on the side Content Creation and anything legal to get money.
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by Blackmiserable(m): 2:32pm On Oct 12, 2019
pcguru1:

Software Engineering , but on the side Content Creation and anything legal to get money.

Is this remote or are you based in Lagos?
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by Nobody: 2:35pm On Oct 12, 2019
Blackmiserable:

Is this remote or are you based in Lagos?
Both , remote and I am based in Lagos
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by Blackmiserable(m): 2:52pm On Oct 12, 2019
pcguru1:

I have seen quite a number of software engineering jobs and I feel I don't have the skills. I just want to ask, did you acquire the skills beforehand?
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by Blackmiserable(m): 2:56pm On Oct 12, 2019
pcguru1:

I have seen quite a number of software engineering jobs and I feel I don't have the skills. Did you just acquire the skills beforehand?
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by Gerrard59(m): 3:32pm On Oct 12, 2019
pocohantas:
Nothing wrong with seeking to move out of your parents house, but you want to do it for all the wrong reasons.

So, your definition of worse is that you can't receive female visitors?
Na your 30k you wan use stay with woman PRIVATELY?

Wahlai!!!! You're a character grin

1 Like

Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by Nobody: 4:24pm On Oct 12, 2019
Blackmiserable:

I have seen quite a number of software engineering jobs and I feel I don't have the skills. Did you just acquire the skills beforehand?

That skill is called reading and self practice that's all it took me.
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by djoe21(m): 4:26pm On Oct 12, 2019
Wilfredpat22:
Sir I am a woman and when I moved out of my parents home I was working in Mr Biggs as a attendant that serves meals

I was earning 25k and staying alone and slept on the floor. I was saving small small. I ate once a day to maintain my figure and I also sent some money to my grandma in the village

You are a man and can do better than me sir if you are determined

What a motivation.
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by Blackmiserable(m): 5:56pm On Oct 12, 2019
pcguru1:

That skill is called reading and self practice that's all it took me.
Eh-hen, so all his software engineering job eh,
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by Nobody: 5:59pm On Oct 12, 2019
Blackmiserable:

Eh-hen, so all his software engineering job eh,
I dont understand?
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by Blackmiserable(m): 6:05pm On Oct 12, 2019
pcguru1:

I dont understand?

When I see those job, I am always like "Oh no, I don't qualify" "I don't have the skills" bla bla bla.

I no know say na just common sense, following laid-down manuals/rules, no special skills and all that.

Thank you.
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by Nobody: 7:13pm On Oct 12, 2019
Blackmiserable:

When I see those job, I am always like "Oh no, I don't qualify" "I don't have the skills" bla bla bla.

I no know say na just common sense, following laid-down manuals/rules, no special skills and all that.

Thank you.

I usually see it as that's a skill I should note to learn. Theres nothing you can't learn trust me as long as you are interested and patience
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by Blackmiserable(m): 7:16pm On Oct 12, 2019
pcguru1:

I usually see it as that's a skill I should note to learn. Theres nothing you can't learn trust me as long as you are interested and patience

Thank you bro. I really, really appreciate.
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by pocohantas(f): 7:50pm On Oct 12, 2019
Gerrard59:

Wahlai!!!! You're a character grin

Lol. I lie? tongue
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by Nobody: 7:53pm On Oct 12, 2019
pocohantas:
Nothing wrong with seeking to move out of your parents house, but you want to do it for all the wrong reasons.

So, your definition of worse is that you can't receive female visitors?
Na your 30k you wan use stay with woman PRIVATELY?

Wetin? Give us mattress and we're good to go. Be happy if fan and burglar proof for hanging leg dey.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Man Died Of Heart Attack After His Wife Confessed To Him That She Cheated / One-year-old Baby Bites Snake To Death / Lady Dies 2 Months After Her Wedding (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.