Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,172 members, 7,807,552 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:14 PM

Chinua Achebe Branded Vehicles Spotted In Uganda - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chinua Achebe Branded Vehicles Spotted In Uganda (33265 Views)

Wole Soyinka Replies Reno Omokri Over Chinua Achebe Being Better Than Him / Chinua Achebe With Sonia Sanchez In Throwback Photo / 14 Quotes From 'Things Fall Apart' By Chinua Achebe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chinua Achebe Branded Vehicles Spotted In Uganda by Nobody: 8:48am On Aug 01, 2018
Nice. I like that play on words.
Re: Chinua Achebe Branded Vehicles Spotted In Uganda by ikorodureporta: 8:52am On Aug 01, 2018
Hw make i biliv say na Kampala
Re: Chinua Achebe Branded Vehicles Spotted In Uganda by BrownRoofRep: 8:53am On Aug 01, 2018
omoelerin1:
The guy really hit you. I don't think you will get yourself today

j

j
Hit me? He's another Afonja moro.n just as you.
Always taking your dumb self too seriously.
Re: Chinua Achebe Branded Vehicles Spotted In Uganda by Princedapace(m): 8:58am On Aug 01, 2018
IeatPussy:

Why bring tribalism in this matter now ? , Why do your type always spoil fun of a thread , ?? . Stop it. enough of this tribal war.

I'm Igbo, don't mind that nonsense guy.

I don't blame him, I blame nairaland for allowing this nonsense.

Anything that resambles tribal comment should be deleted and account holder banned for life..

What nairaland knows how to ban and delete fast are business and service orientated comment of people publicising their business or service..

The owner is just after money..

2 Likes

Re: Chinua Achebe Branded Vehicles Spotted In Uganda by noah91(m): 9:02am On Aug 01, 2018
dbynonetwork:
IGBO AMAKA!!!

TRUST ME WE HAVE ALWAYS MADE NIGERIA PROUD....

GOOD MORNING!
HAPPY NEW MONTH!
Lol. Indeed. One is been honored in a premier university while the other is being honored with branding of a small bus. No wonder one is a Nobel Laureate and the other isn't

1 Like

Re: Chinua Achebe Branded Vehicles Spotted In Uganda by ojialo(m): 9:13am On Aug 01, 2018
OneCorner:
Afonja wit dere Wole Soyinka, no body recognize dem grin
for this country to be healthier, Nairaland mods needs to start banning comments like this, ipob pigs afonja Igbo too.

2 Likes

Re: Chinua Achebe Branded Vehicles Spotted In Uganda by GabrielYulaw(m): 9:25am On Aug 01, 2018
EponOjuku:

Due to generations of mediocre ancestry and zero history, you suffer a desperate need for validation and approval in order to mask your inferiority.

Here in Lagos, it's people like Pasuma Oganla, Saridon P Saheed Osupa, Wasiu Ayinde Kwam 1 that you see in buses. This one that China Ashebe's face is on a Danfo in Uganda, are you sure he didn't reincarnate as a conductor in Uganda?

But considering how he died angry, bitter, unfulfilled and combative like a mad puppy, I'm suspecting Chinua Achebe is an agbero in the ancestor's world.

Nonsense!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chinua Achebe Branded Vehicles Spotted In Uganda by GabrielYulaw(m): 9:27am On Aug 01, 2018
EponOjuku:

Due to generations of mediocre ancestry and zero history, you suffer a desperate need for validation and approval in order to mask your inferiority.

Here in Lagos, it's people like Pasuma Oganla, Saridon P Saheed Osupa, Wasiu Ayinde Kwam 1 that you see in buses. This one that China Ashebe's face is on a Danfo in Uganda, are you sure he didn't reincarnate as a conductor in Uganda?

But considering how he died angry, bitter, unfulfilled and combative like a mad puppy, I'm suspecting Chinua Achebe is an agbero in the ancestor's world.

The only thing Achebe was bitter about was the state of Nigeria. And I don't blame him, because seeing a country so abundantly blessed evolving into the asshole of creation would make any right-thinking man bitter.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chinua Achebe Branded Vehicles Spotted In Uganda by IeatPussy: 9:28am On Aug 01, 2018
Princedapace:

I'm Igbo, don't mind that nonsense guy.

I don't blame him, I blame nairaland for allowing this nonsense.

Anything that resambles tribal comment should be deleted and account holder banned for life..

What nairaland knows how to ban and delete fast are business and service orientated comment of people publicising their business or service..

The owner is just after money..

Yoy r right bro , don't mind those mods.
Re: Chinua Achebe Branded Vehicles Spotted In Uganda by Xander85: 9:42am On Aug 01, 2018
OneCorner:

Why mention Soyinka now?

This thing of thinking you're not progressing unless your neighbour is jealous of you is getting tired and old, and is one reason i want Nigeria to disintegrate! There's just too much envy, backstabbing and hate for us to progress as a people!
Re: Chinua Achebe Branded Vehicles Spotted In Uganda by Venici: 10:05am On Aug 01, 2018
EponOjuku:

Nairaland is quickly turning intellectuals into morons. Look at the way you just ridiculed a great in your quest to win this tribal war. When you follow fools to argue, they'd bring you down to their level. Right now, you're already on the ground bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chinua Achebe Branded Vehicles Spotted In Uganda by Nobody: 10:12am On Aug 01, 2018
grin grin
OneCorner:
Guy But Y?
Re: Chinua Achebe Branded Vehicles Spotted In Uganda by ehispapa(m): 10:23am On Aug 01, 2018
dbynonetwork:
IGBO AMAKA!!!

TRUST ME WE HAVE ALWAYS MADE NIGERIA PROUD....

GOOD MORNING!
HAPPY NEW MONTH!

travel out and how proud they have made Nigeria.
Re: Chinua Achebe Branded Vehicles Spotted In Uganda by Malawian(m): 10:33am On Aug 01, 2018
Sharpshooota:

This dude is an Afonja
He's just doing this on purpose
Don't be fooled
I know. He gave himself away earlier on.
Re: Chinua Achebe Branded Vehicles Spotted In Uganda by magicminister: 10:38am On Aug 01, 2018
EponOjuku:

Stooping to the level of an idiot makes you a bigger idiot cos you had to reduce yourself.
Re: Chinua Achebe Branded Vehicles Spotted In Uganda by Originalsly: 10:41am On Aug 01, 2018
OneCorner:

Did you learn anything from Chinua's writings?...did you even read any? ...always the illiterates that spit ignorance and think they are representing. Worldwide embarrassment of your own tribe and don't even know.
Re: Chinua Achebe Branded Vehicles Spotted In Uganda by Bluediamond1(f): 10:45am On Aug 01, 2018
OneCorner:
Must it be about tribalism all the time? Must it be about religious differences? Must it be about race all the time? Why can't it just be about us as humans.? Why can't it be about brotherhood?
Remember, we were first humans before all the religious and tribal bigotry came. Learn to be happy for a fellow human and celebrate them when they deserve it. You will be celebrated too by people you don't even know.
Peace.

1 Like

Re: Chinua Achebe Branded Vehicles Spotted In Uganda by sirchim(m): 11:04am On Aug 01, 2018
omoelerin1:
It pains you? Direct your frustration to the dumb that started it
Just make him look stupid, I think silence would do, thanks.
Re: Chinua Achebe Branded Vehicles Spotted In Uganda by eodavids(m): 11:40am On Aug 01, 2018
OneCorner:

Stop this.

If you want to be reasonable, don't be an agent of divisiveness.
One Nigeria Please!
Re: Chinua Achebe Branded Vehicles Spotted In Uganda by eodavids(m): 11:44am On Aug 01, 2018
Originalsly:

Did you learn anything from Chinua's writings?...did you even read any? ...always the illiterates that spit ignorance and think they are representing. Worldwide embarrassment of your own tribe and don't even know.

Good point Dear.

Achebe's writings were majorly about Africanism. He used all he got to correct "distorted accounts" about Africa and Africans generally.
Those who love Achebe cannot be agents of divisiveness.

2 Likes

Re: Chinua Achebe Branded Vehicles Spotted In Uganda by AllHailBiafra(m): 11:45am On Aug 01, 2018
EponOjuku:

What kind of grammatical brouhaha is this?

1 Like

Re: Chinua Achebe Branded Vehicles Spotted In Uganda by IbrahimDamola: 11:49am On Aug 01, 2018
EponOjuku:

My yoruba muslim brother, the thing pain my skull no be small. My sympathy Sir. Walahi!

1 Like

Re: Chinua Achebe Branded Vehicles Spotted In Uganda by AllHailBiafra(m): 11:52am On Aug 01, 2018
Pavore9:
It is common around East Africa. Have seen several buses branded in the names of Fela, Tekno, Wizkid, Sinach, Bob Marley etc.
Stop lying, you just went to browse those pictures and you're claiming you have seen them.

Re: Chinua Achebe Branded Vehicles Spotted In Uganda by BornnAgainChild(f): 12:19pm On Aug 01, 2018
EponOjuku:

o ti bu ton right?,oya wa gba ike undecided
Re: Chinua Achebe Branded Vehicles Spotted In Uganda by Pavore9: 12:31pm On Aug 01, 2018
AllHailBiafra:
Stop lying, you just went to browse those pictures and you're claiming you have seen them.

Am I living in your neighbourhood? Maybe you need to visit the agriculture section to know that Kenya is my hub. Those vehicles are called matatus and such artworks and pimped interiors are no big deal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chinua Achebe Branded Vehicles Spotted In Uganda by searchlight: 12:33pm On Aug 01, 2018
EponOjuku:

wasted sperm
Re: Chinua Achebe Branded Vehicles Spotted In Uganda by Glink2018(m): 12:37pm On Aug 01, 2018
GreatMahmud:

Oga shift aside.I understand your bitterness and frustration..
Igbo, I also understand your tribalism sentiment and your obess to judge every with the eye of Biafra. U better know come get hypertension.
Nah chinua Achebe personal achievement u better strive to become sth in Life.
No be dey beg money the other day. Chio, oponu ! Alainirori.
Re: Chinua Achebe Branded Vehicles Spotted In Uganda by writeprof(m): 1:53pm On Aug 01, 2018
Pavore9:
It is common around East Africa. Have seen several buses branded in the names of Fela, Tekno, Wizkid, Sinach, Bob Marley etc.

These are the people who know icons shd be celebrated. They are sending a message if we want to learn from it.
Re: Chinua Achebe Branded Vehicles Spotted In Uganda by Pavore9: 2:09pm On Aug 01, 2018
writeprof:

These are the people who know icons shd be celebrated. They are sending a message if we want to learn from it.

Our environment do not appreciate such art.

1 Like

Re: Chinua Achebe Branded Vehicles Spotted In Uganda by Leonbonapart(m): 3:01pm On Aug 01, 2018
EponOjuku:

wasted spermatozoa
Re: Chinua Achebe Branded Vehicles Spotted In Uganda by ChukChinCol(m): 1:17am On Aug 02, 2018
EponOjuku:

You OK?
Re: Chinua Achebe Branded Vehicles Spotted In Uganda by Fusekid(m): 1:30am On Aug 02, 2018

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

That Night In My Best Friend’s Bed (18+) / Forbidden Attraction / The Root Of A Cynosure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.