Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,917 members, 7,806,666 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:23 PM

Man Rescues 13 Persons in a Boat Mishap, Dies While Rescuing the 14th in PH(pics - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Man Rescues 13 Persons in a Boat Mishap, Dies While Rescuing the 14th in PH(pics (54146 Views)

Ernest Peremobowei, Footballer Drowns Rescuing Victims Of Boat Mishap In Bayelsa / Fuel Tanker Explodes In Delta, 13 Persons Rescued (photos) / Daring Experience Traveling By Boat From Eagle Island PH: Pics & Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Rescues 13 Persons in a Boat Mishap, Dies While Rescuing the 14th in PH(pics by ifiokjohn(m): 2:16pm On Aug 01, 2018
He is a great hero n i salute him, if only he was in Europe he would have been honour appropriately than this zoo will ever do.
Re: Man Rescues 13 Persons in a Boat Mishap, Dies While Rescuing the 14th in PH(pics by Enough6000(f): 2:18pm On Aug 01, 2018
So sad, may heaven welcome you, God will send helpers to your wife and beautiful kids. They will never suffer. You are a truly Hero. Rest in peace great brother.
Re: Man Rescues 13 Persons in a Boat Mishap, Dies While Rescuing the 14th in PH(pics by Vicrotica(m): 2:18pm On Aug 01, 2018
Brave man, God is with you
Re: Man Rescues 13 Persons in a Boat Mishap, Dies While Rescuing the 14th in PH(pics by Nobody: 2:19pm On Aug 01, 2018
The government should assume the financial responsibility of this man as it concerns his family.

1 Like

Re: Man Rescues 13 Persons in a Boat Mishap, Dies While Rescuing the 14th in PH(pics by blackky187(m): 2:20pm On Aug 01, 2018
post=69891367:

Oh....you must be present over there.

The young man happens to be a friend and i am also from Bakana. Quite a sad weekend.
Re: Man Rescues 13 Persons in a Boat Mishap, Dies While Rescuing the 14th in PH(pics by omoelerin1: 2:22pm On Aug 01, 2018
PHIPEX:
So sad, I wish those rescued will combine to take care of the family he left behind. I didn't mention govt cos it's largely nonexistent.
Ahanh! You mean Govt in Nigeria is a scam which only exists to protect the interests of the few political class at the expense of the masses?

1 Like

Re: Man Rescues 13 Persons in a Boat Mishap, Dies While Rescuing the 14th in PH(pics by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:25pm On Aug 01, 2018
blackky187:

The young man happens to be a friend and i am also from Bakana. Quite a sad weekend.
Oh nooo, that is so so sad.
May his good Soul Rest in perfect peace.
Do take heart.
Sorry bro.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Man Rescues 13 Persons in a Boat Mishap, Dies While Rescuing the 14th in PH(pics by Nobody: 2:26pm On Aug 01, 2018
Dandsome:
sad. Very sad. After rescuing 13? The 13 people rescued, why didn`t they assist in rescuing others.?

I`m sure they must have been thanking God for rescuing them without knowing that they were rescued to rescue others.

RIP young man.

Someone just enrolled into the widowhood class.

If each of the 13 could rescue himself unassisted, why would there be the need for the man to rescue them all.

Now, If each could not rescue himself unassisted, how could he help others?

By jumping into the water from which he was rescued?

A great hero!

Salute and RIP!
Re: Man Rescues 13 Persons in a Boat Mishap, Dies While Rescuing the 14th in PH(pics by cpapa: 2:28pm On Aug 01, 2018
please govt should take care of the family

1 Like

Re: Man Rescues 13 Persons in a Boat Mishap, Dies While Rescuing the 14th in PH(pics by culcid(m): 2:28pm On Aug 01, 2018
This still breaks my heart, R.I.P. joe . Let God grant you the grace and strength to bear the loss Mercy.
Re: Man Rescues 13 Persons in a Boat Mishap, Dies While Rescuing the 14th in PH(pics by eodavids(m): 2:29pm On Aug 01, 2018
"Treasure base of the Nation" indeed. With all the oil money: When will the federal as well as the state governments build adequate bridges and provide modern boats that will hardly capsize?

If "Rivers State" is in Northern Nigeria and this happens; they will mobilize a serious protest for being a cash cow of the government whereas its citizens die miserably for an avoidable cause.

Such protests make government do the right thing.
Re: Man Rescues 13 Persons in a Boat Mishap, Dies While Rescuing the 14th in PH(pics by omoelerin1: 2:30pm On Aug 01, 2018
This is a hero who deserves national honour.
This man ought to be immortalised. But no, these rogues would rather keep naming roads and public infrastructure after their fellow politicians who contribute nothing, except corruption, to the nation.

1 Like

Re: Man Rescues 13 Persons in a Boat Mishap, Dies While Rescuing the 14th in PH(pics by Orangina(m): 2:31pm On Aug 01, 2018
OH MY GOD! not again.
Re: Man Rescues 13 Persons in a Boat Mishap, Dies While Rescuing the 14th in PH(pics by BIXYBABE: 2:38pm On Aug 01, 2018
When one leader is busy killing his citizen........ Man u deserve some accolades
Re: Man Rescues 13 Persons in a Boat Mishap, Dies While Rescuing the 14th in PH(pics by Rosebud90: 2:46pm On Aug 01, 2018
Rest in perfect peace owen's daddy...u are truely a hero
Re: Man Rescues 13 Persons in a Boat Mishap, Dies While Rescuing the 14th in PH(pics by Kyngfarabale1(m): 2:54pm On Aug 01, 2018
waste of life in Nigeria....ur family will just suffer

1 Like

Re: Man Rescues 13 Persons in a Boat Mishap, Dies While Rescuing the 14th in PH(pics by Rolly22(m): 3:00pm On Aug 01, 2018
This dude is the only person that died for others, not the imaginary white man in heaven.
Re: Man Rescues 13 Persons in a Boat Mishap, Dies While Rescuing the 14th in PH(pics by idiagbo86(m): 3:01pm On Aug 01, 2018
So touching ....Rest in peace to a selfless hero.

1 Like

Re: Man Rescues 13 Persons in a Boat Mishap, Dies While Rescuing the 14th in PH(pics by Odjesha: 3:15pm On Aug 01, 2018
were is Rochas okorocha? dis man deserved a good and big statue. sorry I mean Gov wike
Re: Man Rescues 13 Persons in a Boat Mishap, Dies While Rescuing the 14th in PH(pics by marttol: 3:17pm On Aug 01, 2018
jerk:
Death why cry cry cry RIP may heaven welcome you.
true Rip... But heaven... Lol
Re: Man Rescues 13 Persons in a Boat Mishap, Dies While Rescuing the 14th in PH(pics by Nostradamus: 3:22pm On Aug 01, 2018
This is so sad.i don't know,but i have a strange feeling about this story(maybe it's because i've already given up on nigerians due to their bizarre behaviour)the 13 people rescued feel too big to offer a helping hand in rescuing the 14th person abi??
Re: Man Rescues 13 Persons in a Boat Mishap, Dies While Rescuing the 14th in PH(pics by Respect55(m): 3:24pm On Aug 01, 2018
He deserves a national honour like that Senegalese in France. Oh, this is NIGERIA undecided
Re: Man Rescues 13 Persons in a Boat Mishap, Dies While Rescuing the 14th in PH(pics by Respect55(m): 3:25pm On Aug 01, 2018
Nostradamus:
This is so sad.i don't know,but i have a strange feeling about this story(maybe it's because i've already given up on nigerians due to their bizarre behaviour)the 13 people rescued feel too big to offer a helping hand in rescuing the 14th person abi??
Maybe none of them could swim outside him
Re: Man Rescues 13 Persons in a Boat Mishap, Dies While Rescuing the 14th in PH(pics by MrHim(m): 3:26pm On Aug 01, 2018
Requiem for the dead. A perfect example of a selfless man and a hero. Rest in peace. sad

Re: Man Rescues 13 Persons in a Boat Mishap, Dies While Rescuing the 14th in PH(pics by Triniti(m): 3:30pm On Aug 01, 2018
21 gun salute to this hero, posterity will always remember him
Re: Man Rescues 13 Persons in a Boat Mishap, Dies While Rescuing the 14th in PH(pics by desgiezd(m): 3:32pm On Aug 01, 2018
He died as a hero. May his soul rest in peace. Very good man
Re: Man Rescues 13 Persons in a Boat Mishap, Dies While Rescuing the 14th in PH(pics by Nobody: 3:32pm On Aug 01, 2018
CastedBlog:
The family of Joe Blankson a 36-year-old man has been thrown into moruning following his painful death in Rivers state.

Joe a contractor who supplies diesel died while rescuing victims of a boat accident on Saturday, He had single-handedly rescued 13 people when a boat capsized along the Abonnema-Bakana waterways in Degema, Rivers state.

Fishermen around the area rescued some people while Blankson succeeded in rescuing 13 people all on his own.
As the father-of-two attempted to rescue a 14th person, he died in the river and his body was retrieved a day later.

In all, six people died in the boat mishap, according to eyewitness reports. But the state Police Public Relations Officer, Nnamdi Omoni, insisted that only one person died in the accident and not six.

It is believed Blackson might have died of exhaustion after going multiple times to save 13 people.

Residents of Bakama in the Degema Local Government Area of Rivers State have hailed the young father a hero for his selfless act which cost him his life.

The boat was conveying 25 passengers from Abonnema wharf to Bakana before the accident happened around Iborama.

From Ebiwali--
http://www.ebiwalisgossip.com/2018/08/man-rescues-13-persons-in-boat-mishap.html

Fake news

1 Like

Re: Man Rescues 13 Persons in a Boat Mishap, Dies While Rescuing the 14th in PH(pics by calculator123(m): 3:33pm On Aug 01, 2018
Nbote:
Dis are d ppl who deserve National Handshakes and awards...
posthumous you mean.
Re: Man Rescues 13 Persons in a Boat Mishap, Dies While Rescuing the 14th in PH(pics by Psoul(m): 3:37pm On Aug 01, 2018
Millz404:
There is no greater love than laying your life for others

It was only Jesus Christ that was permitted to lay down His life for others. U were not asked to do that. U are not a redeemer.

Help as much as u can but don't lay down ur life.
If u lay down ur life, u will end up making life miserable for some other ppl (ur family).

We were told to love our neighbour as we love ourselves. We were never commanded to love our neighbours more than we love ourselves.
Re: Man Rescues 13 Persons in a Boat Mishap, Dies While Rescuing the 14th in PH(pics by bomsilaga(m): 3:51pm On Aug 01, 2018
DONADAMS:
na wa oh..if he isn't a Christian nko?
I wonder oh. Don't know before his death but was a deadly cultist
Re: Man Rescues 13 Persons in a Boat Mishap, Dies While Rescuing the 14th in PH(pics by traceman: 4:06pm On Aug 01, 2018
RIP to this man,he is a true hero to be honor
Re: Man Rescues 13 Persons in a Boat Mishap, Dies While Rescuing the 14th in PH(pics by SniperSmurf(m): 4:08pm On Aug 01, 2018
Oya Nollywood. These are the type of men you should be making movies about. cry RIP in peace bruh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Before And After Photos Of Oshodi, Lagos / First Presidential Jet Lands At Anambra Int'l Airport (Photos) / 17 Rare Photos Of The Titanic.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.