Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,405 members, 7,808,446 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:02 PM

Man Rescues 13 Persons in a Boat Mishap, Dies While Rescuing the 14th in PH(pics - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Man Rescues 13 Persons in a Boat Mishap, Dies While Rescuing the 14th in PH(pics (54148 Views)

Ernest Peremobowei, Footballer Drowns Rescuing Victims Of Boat Mishap In Bayelsa / Fuel Tanker Explodes In Delta, 13 Persons Rescued (photos) / Daring Experience Traveling By Boat From Eagle Island PH: Pics & Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Rescues 13 Persons in a Boat Mishap, Dies While Rescuing the 14th in PH(pics by Nobody: 2:23pm On Aug 02, 2018
True hero.
Deserving of a post humous national award and his family a befitting compensation for life.
RIP Sir.

4 Likes

Re: Man Rescues 13 Persons in a Boat Mishap, Dies While Rescuing the 14th in PH(pics by Nobody: 2:23pm On Aug 02, 2018
Re: Man Rescues 13 Persons in a Boat Mishap, Dies While Rescuing the 14th in PH(pics by Nobody: 2:24pm On Aug 02, 2018
Re: Man Rescues 13 Persons in a Boat Mishap, Dies While Rescuing the 14th in PH(pics by mitchelljnr(m): 6:57pm On Aug 02, 2018
CastedBlog:
The family of Joe Blankson a 36-year-old man has been thrown into moruning following his painful death in Rivers state.

Joe a contractor who supplies diesel died while rescuing victims of a boat accident on Saturday, He had single-handedly rescued 13 people when a boat capsized along the Abonnema-Bakana waterways in Degema, Rivers state.

Fishermen around the area rescued some people while Blankson succeeded in rescuing 13 people all on his own.
As the father-of-two attempted to rescue a 14th person, he died in the river and his body was retrieved a day later.

In all, six people died in the boat mishap, according to eyewitness reports. But the state Police Public Relations Officer, Nnamdi Omoni, insisted that only one person died in the accident and not six.

It is believed Blackson might have died of exhaustion after going multiple times to save 13 people.

Residents of Bakama in the Degema Local Government Area of Rivers State have hailed the young father a hero for his selfless act which cost him his life.

The boat was conveying 25 passengers from Abonnema wharf to Bakana before the accident happened around Iborama.

From Ebiwali--
http://www.ebiwalisgossip.com/2018/08/man-rescues-13-persons-in-boat-mishap.html

Bloggers and making story sweet, he only went back in to save his sister b4 he drowned, I know coz its my village, Joe is my elder bros friend and he was also in that boat, they were going for a burial that Saturday
Re: Man Rescues 13 Persons in a Boat Mishap, Dies While Rescuing the 14th in PH(pics by Nobody: 1:32pm On Aug 03, 2018
mitchelljnr:

Bloggers and making story sweet, he only went back in to save his sister b4 he drowned, I know coz its my village, Joe is my elder bros friend and he was also in that boat, they were going for a burial that Saturday
you stay in degema?
Re: Man Rescues 13 Persons in a Boat Mishap, Dies While Rescuing the 14th in PH(pics by iamuye(m): 2:17pm On Aug 03, 2018
kiss
cana882:
RIP.. After saving the 13th person, you were already a hero, why further the risk??

Now you just rendered these cute children fatherless, depriving them of the feeling of growing up having a father. . You just made this beautiful lady a widow.

best comment I've read anywhere today. smiley
cana882:
RIP.. After saving the 13th person, you were already a hero, why further the risk??

Now you just rendered these cute children fatherless, depriving them of the feeling of growing up having a father. . You just made this beautiful lady a widow.

best comment I've read anywhere today.
Re: Man Rescues 13 Persons in a Boat Mishap, Dies While Rescuing the 14th in PH(pics by mitchelljnr(m): 9:36pm On Aug 03, 2018
francesco01:
you stay in degema?

I live in PH but Bakana is my hometown

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Rescues 13 Persons in a Boat Mishap, Dies While Rescuing the 14th in PH(pics by westlius(m): 2:31am On Aug 05, 2018
Heavyjew:

Fake news
my dear it's very real
Re: Man Rescues 13 Persons in a Boat Mishap, Dies While Rescuing the 14th in PH(pics by Mpanyi: 6:42am On Aug 05, 2018
mitchelljnr:

Thanks for your contribution as I nearly made mistake because of the blogger's report. In a nutshell, he didn't rescue anybody. Can you tell me more, as it happened? Our society will be a better place if we recognize efforts of selflesss people who gave up their life while saving other. At the same time our society will be worse off if we do things based on lies or distorted facts. Meanwhile may his soul RIP.
Re: Man Rescues 13 Persons in a Boat Mishap, Dies While Rescuing the 14th in PH(pics by bomsilaga(m): 9:48am On Aug 05, 2018
Heavyjew:

Fake news
It happened but not as reported. A friend's wife is a survivor.
Re: Man Rescues 13 Persons in a Boat Mishap, Dies While Rescuing the 14th in PH(pics by richmond500: 7:07am On Oct 04, 2021
Blessynokoro:
If it was in France, he will be a National Hero

so now that he has been awarded, hope u will keep silence?
Re: Man Rescues 13 Persons in a Boat Mishap, Dies While Rescuing the 14th in PH(pics by richmond500: 7:08am On Oct 04, 2021
Dbrainiac1:

Too bad this is Nigeria.

Where government don't give a damn about it's people.
Oga, he has been honoured
Re: Man Rescues 13 Persons in a Boat Mishap, Dies While Rescuing the 14th in PH(pics by richmond500: 7:09am On Oct 04, 2021
PHIPEX:
So sad, I wish those rescued will combine to take care of the family he left behind. I didn't mention govt cos it's largely nonexistent.
OK, he has been honoured
Re: Man Rescues 13 Persons in a Boat Mishap, Dies While Rescuing the 14th in PH(pics by richmond500: 7:09am On Oct 04, 2021
DonPikko:
RIP, sadly the government doesn't care about that
he received presidential award
Re: Man Rescues 13 Persons in a Boat Mishap, Dies While Rescuing the 14th in PH(pics by richmond500: 7:10am On Oct 04, 2021
Born2Breed:
Buhari will not honor him because he is not from the North
Buhari has honoured him
Re: Man Rescues 13 Persons in a Boat Mishap, Dies While Rescuing the 14th in PH(pics by Born2Breed(f): 7:30am On Oct 04, 2021
richmond500:
Buhari has honoured him

After being forced to...
Re: Man Rescues 13 Persons in a Boat Mishap, Dies While Rescuing the 14th in PH(pics by richmond500: 7:46am On Oct 04, 2021
Born2Breed:

After being forced to...
na u force am?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Exhausted Lagosians Sleeping Inside A Moving BRT Bus (Video, Photos) / First Presidential Jet Lands At Anambra Int'l Airport (Photos) / Before And After Photos Of Oshodi, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.