Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,373 members, 7,808,301 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:05 AM

Holiday Lessons, Summer Lessons, Whatever They Call It, Is A Scam! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Holiday Lessons, Summer Lessons, Whatever They Call It, Is A Scam! (17949 Views)

Stop Sending Your Children For Holiday Lessons / School is not a scam / All These Holiday Lessons Are Scams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Holiday Lessons, Summer Lessons, Whatever They Call It, Is A Scam! by stane007: 11:50am On Aug 01, 2018
THE ESSENCE OF HOLIDAY FOR OUR CHILDREN HAS BEEN DEFEATED!

Holiday lessons, summer lessons, whatever they call it, is a scam! In fact, that a child should resume school by 7am and close by 5pm or 6pm is uncalled for.

Today, a child's long break is used for extra lesson( parent-teacher arrangement). What a scam! Our over sabi is just too much.

A child will go to school by 7am and close by 5pm for five days out of the seven days in a week. And most times, the child will still have home lesson from 6pm to 8pm.
During weekends that child comes home with many assignments in all the subjects he or she is offering in school. So there won't be time to rest and play through out the weekend.

The child does that for almost four months hoping to enjoy the holidays only for schools to come up with a scam in the name of holidays lesson.
What exactly do you want to teach that child?

Dear parents, summer holiday is a period you allow a child to experience other things in life apart from formal education. Formal education is just a part of education.
Allow them to travel for the vacation and if you don't have money for vacation, take them to a place where they will learn new skills.
Let them go and learn how to draw, computer coding, how to play musical instruments, play football, learn business, singing, learn foreign languages etc

Allow this children to explore life. Education is made up of three(3) domains....Cognitive(head) Affective(Heart) and Psycho-motor(hand).

Everytime should not be Book, book, book (which is cognitive alone) that is why most of our youths are unemployed because they can't do any other thing apart from white collar job. In fact, many of our girls/ladies cannot really cook because they were busy with books, when they were supposed to learn domestic and home keeping ! Bookism is affecting this generation!

Let's support wholistic Education, say no to this current scam !

This wonderful piece by PRINCE ADEGBEHINGBE & ADENIYI FRANCIS is so apt! And that's why we are introducing The BuildingBlocks Learning Centre to you.

Situated at #19 Oran street, Off Olusegun Obasanjo Way, Wuse Zone 1 Abuja, this learning centre has the right facilities and well trained teachers to teach your child coding, sewing, bead making, gardening, sports, painting this holiday.

The centre is open to pupils from crèche, play group, nursery and primary levels (1-6). We also offer tutorial classes for primary, secondary, IGCSE, and cater to adult learners

We don’t relent in making sure you get what you want. When you enrol with us, expect:
- Effective tutorial drills
- Academic excellence
- Safe and Conducive learning environment
- One on one attention
- Creative and fun learning

With quality teachers and affordable prices we guarantee all these including
- Weekly swimming classes
- Life skills training
- Humanitarian visits
- Extra lessons/tutorials

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Holiday Lessons, Summer Lessons, Whatever They Call It, Is A Scam! by stane007: 12:02pm On Aug 01, 2018
Come learn with us at TBBLC. Contact us 08170506122, 08118919059, 08117777764

Re: Holiday Lessons, Summer Lessons, Whatever They Call It, Is A Scam! by Hardewarlee(m): 10:26am On Aug 02, 2018
Dancing shaku shaku here ooh .... You wanna dance ? Join me ... FTC

6 Likes

Re: Holiday Lessons, Summer Lessons, Whatever They Call It, Is A Scam! by Mutemenot(m): 10:27am On Aug 02, 2018
cheesy This is the case of APC calling PDP a corrupt party
You disagreed with holiday lesson and then introduce your own lesson. Heaven is watching shocked

226 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Holiday Lessons, Summer Lessons, Whatever They Call It, Is A Scam! by wosley(m): 10:27am On Aug 02, 2018
OK o

1 Like

Re: Holiday Lessons, Summer Lessons, Whatever They Call It, Is A Scam! by valarinz: 10:28am On Aug 02, 2018
Last last, na your own (scam) you wan advertise cool

110 Likes 1 Share

Re: Holiday Lessons, Summer Lessons, Whatever They Call It, Is A Scam! by JackBizzle: 10:28am On Aug 02, 2018
You call something a scam and replace it with another scam

89 Likes 1 Share

Re: Holiday Lessons, Summer Lessons, Whatever They Call It, Is A Scam! by Tension532: 10:29am On Aug 02, 2018
you yourself na scam

45 Likes

Re: Holiday Lessons, Summer Lessons, Whatever They Call It, Is A Scam! by alphaconde(m): 10:29am On Aug 02, 2018
THE DISTANCE BETWEEN THIS POST AND THE TRUTH IS NOT UP TO AN INCH

34 Likes

Re: Holiday Lessons, Summer Lessons, Whatever They Call It, Is A Scam! by Nobody: 10:29am On Aug 02, 2018
Last Last, na advert op sef come do.

16 Likes

Re: Holiday Lessons, Summer Lessons, Whatever They Call It, Is A Scam! by alphaconde(m): 10:29am On Aug 02, 2018
WHEN I HAVE KIDS WE ARE DOING HOMESCHOOLING.

NO TIME FOR ALL THESE CHARADE

2 Likes

Re: Holiday Lessons, Summer Lessons, Whatever They Call It, Is A Scam! by Pavore9: 10:32am On Aug 02, 2018
It is not healthy for the child psychologically. This should be a time the young ones get involved with other stuffs outside academics. They can learn how to bake, play musical instruments, bead, sporting activities, travelling etc.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Holiday Lessons, Summer Lessons, Whatever They Call It, Is A Scam! by OKUCHI11(m): 10:32am On Aug 02, 2018
at the end everything is meaningless...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Holiday Lessons, Summer Lessons, Whatever They Call It, Is A Scam! by divinelove(m): 10:34am On Aug 02, 2018
Op u come sell market abi

Parents Know all these but can't afford to let their kids be idle, it's more disastrous, they can end up destroying everything at home or even injure themselves. Summer lessons keep them busy.

13 Likes

Re: Holiday Lessons, Summer Lessons, Whatever They Call It, Is A Scam! by Nobody: 10:34am On Aug 02, 2018
In response to the topic, yes, it's called vacation/break/holiday for a reason. Unfortunately, the busy schedule of most parents won't make room for a proper vacation. I really feel bad dressing my children up for summer school when they should be enjoying their vacation.

BTW, the purpose of this thread is defeated with your advert.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Holiday Lessons, Summer Lessons, Whatever They Call It, Is A Scam! by Adasun(m): 10:36am On Aug 02, 2018
JackBizzle:
You call something a scam and replace it with another scam
lols
Re: Holiday Lessons, Summer Lessons, Whatever They Call It, Is A Scam! by ahamonyeka(m): 10:38am On Aug 02, 2018
I use to tell people that all those things are scam but,some teachers or proprietors will ask how is it a scam? after children have finished writing exams and is time for them to rest and relaxed their brain they will be telling them to come for lessons or coaching as we call it those days.
all na scam wet school owners take collect money from parents and if you no enroll your child, children e go be like say your own naim worst pass.

4 Likes

Re: Holiday Lessons, Summer Lessons, Whatever They Call It, Is A Scam! by sarahade(f): 10:38am On Aug 02, 2018
Lol. grin

We all know it's a scam but as long as it keeps the children away from frustrating you at home who cares.

10 Likes

Re: Holiday Lessons, Summer Lessons, Whatever They Call It, Is A Scam! by SEONaijaExpert: 10:41am On Aug 02, 2018
Outrightly THIS POST IS SCAM!

Are you advertising or sharing knowledge?

2 Likes

Re: Holiday Lessons, Summer Lessons, Whatever They Call It, Is A Scam! by jeff1607(m): 10:43am On Aug 02, 2018
when hand work never finish,

cutting and styling of hair,

auto repairs

pc repairs

fixing of appliances

farming

when all these has been accomplished we can start any form holiday or summer coaching

1 Like

Re: Holiday Lessons, Summer Lessons, Whatever They Call It, Is A Scam! by Crocky23: 10:45am On Aug 02, 2018
I agree with @op

All work and no play made Jack a dull boy.
Re: Holiday Lessons, Summer Lessons, Whatever They Call It, Is A Scam! by psychologist(m): 10:47am On Aug 02, 2018
And you want me to commit my wards to you, so that you teach them how to play basketball on gravel embarassed

7 Likes

Re: Holiday Lessons, Summer Lessons, Whatever They Call It, Is A Scam! by oyebolaidris: 10:48am On Aug 02, 2018
wonderfully crafted message of a cfeative mind. what does it matter if op advertise in d end? does it take away the truth? NO!

2 Likes

Re: Holiday Lessons, Summer Lessons, Whatever They Call It, Is A Scam! by Nobody: 10:48am On Aug 02, 2018
How many times this topic go hit FP in one month na.
I think the home environment and peculiar circumstance of child should determine if holiday coaching is necessary.
Holiday coaching isn't only about teaching academic stuff, holiday coaching esp house coaches are selected based on character and what morals they can impart into the kid. Essentially, they would be role models to the kids. It also provides jobs for youths and keeps idle kids busy from "joining bad gang".
That said, I never had holiday lessons, and look at me now....... In Trump's voice :" I'm very smart, very" grin
I don't also think my kids would have holiday lessons cos I'm a traveler and tourist, holidays would be for visiting new countries or places and for learning a skill, sport or a voluntary holiday job. These things build up a kid's character.

[s]This wonderful piece by PRINCE ADEGBEHINGBE & ADENIYI FRANCIS is so apt! And that's why we are introducing The BuildingBlocks Learning Centre to you.

Situated at #19 Oran street, Off Olusegun Obasanjo Way, Wuse Zone 1 Abuja, this learning centre has the right facilities and well trained teachers to teach your child coding, sewing, bead making, gardening, sports, painting this holiday[/s].

[s]The centre is open to pupils from crèche, play group, nursery and primary levels (1-6). We also offer tutorial classes for primary, secondary, IGCSE, and cater to adult learners

We don’t relent in making sure you get what you want. When you enrol with us, expect:
- Effective tutorial drills
- Academic excellence
- Safe and Conducive learning environment
- One on one attention
- Creative and fun learning

With quality teachers and affordable prices we guarantee all these including
[b]- Weekly swimming classes
- Life skills training
- Humanitarian visits
- Extra lessons/tutorials[/s]
This is all shades of classless and tasteless. You don't promote your business by railroading another person's business.
Lots of youths, graduates and undergraduates feed off holiday mentoring.
With this attitude, your centre would bring the worst out of a child's character.

5 Likes

Re: Holiday Lessons, Summer Lessons, Whatever They Call It, Is A Scam! by uglodoh(f): 10:49am On Aug 02, 2018
Mutemenot:
cheesy This is the case of APC calling PDP a corrupt party
You disagreed with holiday lesson and then introduce your own lesson. Heaven is watching shocked

Don't mind him

1 Like

Re: Holiday Lessons, Summer Lessons, Whatever They Call It, Is A Scam! by 400billionman: 10:50am On Aug 02, 2018
angryADVERT ADVERT ADVERT How much did Seun collect
Re: Holiday Lessons, Summer Lessons, Whatever They Call It, Is A Scam! by ItzBIM(m): 10:54am On Aug 02, 2018
alphaconde:
WHEN I HAVE KIDS WE ARE DOING HOMESCHOOLING.

NO TIME FOR ALL THESE CHARADE

How will you balance that with work/ business
Re: Holiday Lessons, Summer Lessons, Whatever They Call It, Is A Scam! by BecomeALandLord(m): 10:56am On Aug 02, 2018
Lol.
Baddest op
Re: Holiday Lessons, Summer Lessons, Whatever They Call It, Is A Scam! by Naijawebmaster: 10:57am On Aug 02, 2018
This why Nigeria is stagnant...You condemn something but went ahead to advertise same thing. For your mind you are smart...smh.

Need a reliable and professional website design? Then check my signature No advance payment required.

2 Likes

Re: Holiday Lessons, Summer Lessons, Whatever They Call It, Is A Scam! by nuggarito: 11:01am On Aug 02, 2018
Mr op get your facts right, not all summer lessons have that time range. After 3rd term the child spends two weeks at home before starting lessons, the lesson are from Monday to Thursday 9am -1pm, I don't know where you got your fact from, if I had kids I will even allow them stay till 6pm if possible, if only you know the relief you are giving yoursel when your kids are not around.

1 Like

Re: Holiday Lessons, Summer Lessons, Whatever They Call It, Is A Scam! by RZArecta2(m): 11:05am On Aug 02, 2018
Abeg, sell your market and let other people hear weird jor cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Federal Polytechnic Idah Hnd Screening Date Released / OAU Pre Degree 2017/2018 Admission Thread / English Name For This Rodents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.